Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Great hostel. The staff were friendly. The hostel is a lot of fun to stay at.

• 8th May 2014

So far best hostel I've ever stayed in great atmosphere brilliant staff especially the bar manager mikki (how I pronounce and spell her name, not correct but close. ) the tour to the teracotta army was well priced and worth going through them great guide. Plus u get their two sister hostels facilities as well giving u three great bars. Three different places to catch live music or dumpling night ect on a night that suits you excellent.

I stayed in a dorm and we had our own bathroom and shower. The bed was crazy comfortable. The food at the cafe was expensive but there are plenty of cheap restaurants around the hostel so you could easily eat there. Really close to all of the tourist attractions. Staff is really helpful and speak English. I went on the hostel lead tour to the Terracotta Warriors and it was fine. The tour guide was a little quirky but we went to a great place for lunch. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice Hostel in a small quiet site street. Seems to be more like a hotel than a hostel. Most guests are older, the younger backpacker stay most in the sister hostel in the same street. Beds are really comfortable! Rooms are small but very nice and clean!

Thanks for mailing us that you had a great time in our hostel 。 but we are so sorry for the something you disliked.To be honest,our room is not small.our bathroom with shower room is Separate。 Our location is in the Center of X'ian and from our hostel Walk to the Bell tower is 5mins.Happy everyday.

The best dorm we stayed at in China. Clean, big, with big lockers for your bag and table with chairs and new bathroom. The prices in the bar were higher than they normally are at hostels (which always are high). Good quiet location close to everything and cheap and tasty restaurants just on the street.

Thanks for staying with us and giving us good reviews.because Jamaicablue cafe from Australian in our hostel,we buy many materials and equipment from Shanghai,so it is a little expensive than other hostels,but we will try our best to make food and drink better and better.Welcome to come back any time.Have a nice trip.Sasha

Han Tang house is one of the best hostels I've stayed in in China. They do almost everything right. Rooms are as good as a medium level hotel. Beds are soft and comfy, not the hard boards that are in most chinese hostels! Staff are very helpful, but I feel organisation could be tightened up a bit. Bar and food are great, if a little noisy and smokey (after 9.30pm) on busy nights. But you can always go hang out at their quieter sister hostel a few metres away which also has a beautiful rooftop.

Thanks for coming and enjoying in our hostel ,our sister has a beautiful rooftop,give a deep memory to you .I have to say again ,we have most Comfy bed in Xian.Hope you can bring your family and friend coming again.

I stayed in a mixed gender dorm room and felt perfectly safe. The service was excellent, and when I stayed in one night for dinner I ate chicken pesto, which was great! The terracotta soldier tour offered at the hostel was also well worth the money. I highly recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 30th Apr 2014

We stayed here with our 6 month old baby and were so happy we had picked Han Tang House for our stay in Xi'an. The staff were welcoming, friendly and so helpful with everything and felt like old friend after our 3 days here. The room was very comfortable, clean and had a great bathroom! The food downstairs was great and the service all round exceptional. We would happily stay here again and highly recommend Han Tang to anyone coming to Xi'an.

• 30th Apr 2014

Hi,Noel We don't know how to express our love to your baby. Thanks for your staying with us, and giving us high rating. We have a good memory with your family.and send your baby's pictures to your e-mail,when he is growing up,please tell him that in Xian Hantang House.we will do our best to be better. All the staff are looking forward to meeting you next time.Sasha

LOVED this place! Lonely planet said it was like a 3 star hotel inside a hostel and I couldn't agree more. Friendly hostel vibe, but the luxury of a hotel room. Most comfortable bed I've slept on in China, CLEAN washroom with consistently hot water and good water pressure. Our room even had a television (which we didn't use), but it was a nice touch. The only thing I missed in the room was a kettle and a couple of mugs, but there was a water machine directly outside our room. Fantastic hostel.

Thanks for come to our hostel , all of our stuff are like you. We have a good impression of you, Hope come again.

Beautiful hostel with a killer ambiance :) Best facilities of all the hostels I've been to globally. Always clean. Great bar and excellent staff. Would have been 100% if it didnt take me 40minutes to find the hostel my first night there.... The terracotta tour is worth going -the tour guide, JiaJia is an adorable lady :)

Thank you for coming to HantangHouseand enjoying yourself here.Welcome back.Have a nice trip'.SASHA

Really nice rooms & modern ensuite bathroom but never cleaned in the 4 nights we stayed there. Good wifi throughout hostel. Room had a table & chairs in it also which was a nice change to only normally having a bunk bed to sit on.

the hostel would hv been perfect if not for it's hidden position. not far ftom the tower but due to it being in the alleyway, it was very difficult for first time visitors to find. other than this small flaw, han tang offered the best facililies ive seen thus far in china! great atmosphere w live bands in its bar at night. their terracotta tour was also great w the sweetest guide :)

wonderful hostel - great staff - really friendly and helpful - couldnt have asked for more! keep up the great work!! THe beds were really comphy great food - vegi burger -awsome the trip to the warriors with 'Lady Ja Ja' was a great day out - she is a great tour guide - thanks Id reccomend this hostel as my favoutire in China Great beer towers - single beer a little pricey

It was alright stay.

Clean, comfortable. Tours are decently priced and saves you the trouble of planning yourself. Worth the stay. Plenty to eat nearby.

Thanks for give us highly recommended。We are very happy about this.

i will come back,thanks

• 20th Apr 2014
  • China

Excellent facilities, very new and clean. Helpful staff.

• 19th Apr 2014

Most comfortable bed in China! Great helpful staff. Trip to the Terricotta Warriors was great!

Thank you for trusting hangatnghouse and speaking highly of us, we are very honored.Also, we will do our best to give you quality service next time. All the staff hope you have a nice time and have a good memory here. Great greeting and best wishes.

a big plus are the soft beds and the wifi in the rooms. Stayed in a 6 female dorm with just one shower and sink, not that convienent in the evenings and mornings.. but overall great stay!

Thank you for trusting hangatnghouse and speaking highly of us, we are very honored. We are so sorry about the bathroom, and we will repair the shower room as soon as possible and continue clean the bed as well. so we appreciate your feedback and comment. All the staff hope you have a nice time and have a good memory here. Great greeting and best wishes.

Staff so helpful at "the house". Dumpling party made our trip and immediately created an atmosphere of fun. The bar was a little pricy. Sister hostel at "the inn" just a little down the street, had better facility to hang out and relax. If I were to go back I would stay at sister faicility, but visit the bar at "the house " and get all my communications and directions through " the house" hostel. The staff at the sister facility " the inn" were not as helpful. Staff at "house" was great.

Thank you for trusting hangatnghouse and speaking really highly of us, we are very honored. Also, we will do our best to help everyone. All the staff hope you have a nice time and have a good memory here. Great greeting and best wishes.