Han Tang Inn Hostel Reviews

NO.7 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

I cannot fault this hostel on anything. I've stayed in quite a few across China and this is the first one to really make me feel welcome and appreciated as a guest. The location is perfect - close to the main attractions but far away enough from the noise. The food is delicious! Highly recommended.

I really enjoyed my stay at Han Tang Inn Hostel. It was easy to get to from the airport, staff was helpful, friendly and spoke English very well, and the 6 bed mix dorm was comfortable. I really enjoyed the Terra Cotta Warriors Tour that was provided by the hostel. It cost 286 RMB and included western breakfast, coffee, ride to and from, admission ticket, and a fabulous tour guide who was very friendly and knowledgeable. I am happy I stayed at this hostel and went on the tour.

Best Hostel I have stayed at yet! I was visiting during Chinese New Year, but the staff and environment were great! 11/10, will be sure to stay at this hostel again on my next trip to Xi'an. The hostel's tour to the Terracotta Warriors was spot on, too. A shout out to the guide, Jia Jia!

Good hostel, and great location next to the Muslim quarter - also close to the bell tower and more commercial part of the city. It was good value for money, but food and beer was quite pricey so I would recommend heading out elsewhere for maximum value. Staff were really friendly, and I had a great tour of the Terracotta Army booked via the hostel. Our Tour Guide, Jaja (or Lady Jaja, as she referred to herself) was absolutely brilliant and made the tour an excellent experience!

Good location, helpful staff, nice rooms, very clean. My personal highlight was the trip to the Terracotta Army, thanks to our great guide Jiājia (佳佳): she's fun, knows a lot about the topic, gives you a great overview but still draws attention to details and can also give you tips about other sights in Xī'ān. She arranged a nice Chinese lunch and dropped us at the City Walls when we mentioned we'd like to go. My recommendation: stay at the Han Tang Inn Hostel - and get a tour with Jiājia ;-)

Super friendly staff. They are all great! Liked the common area downstairs and all the drawings around the walls. I loved staying there

Wifi was very poor in my room, but the hostel was clean and had a lively area downstairs. I stayed in a single room.

Amazing! Such a fantastic hostel! I would recommend to anyone travelling throughout China.

Great value for money. Staff is friendly and helpful, the hostel is by far the cleanest I've seen so far in China, and the location is excellent. Nothing to complain about!

Thank you for your satisfaction with the location, the environment, and our staff's service during your staying in Hantanginn. We will keep it in minds and provide much more and better service in the future. Welcome back any time if you have any chance to come to Xi'an again. Best regards, Hantanginn Youth Hostel

It's one of the best three hostels in Xī'ān. The location is very convenient and they have very helpful staff. The rooms are very clean and it has the best value for your money. When I was in Xī'ān the weather is very cold but the hostel has 24/7 heating system. Overall, it's a very good (and cheap) place to stay. 5 stars. But the food prices are a bit expensive though. BUT...there's a cheap and neat Muslim restaurant directly IN FRONT of the hostel, go there to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner.

That's really our great honor to get your 100% evaluation here. Thank you very much. Meanwhile, we are very glad that you can share your personal experinece with everyone that might saty with us in Xi'an one day. Anyway, the time you spent here would be a beautiful memory for you and us all the time. Thanks again. Great greetings from Hantanginn Hostel

Great hostel, run by very helpful and entertaining people. There's always someone there to help if you need it. Common area is great for relaxing, meeting new people from all over the world, and enjoying a beer and/or meal. Overall, amazing experience. 谢谢!就是好棒的旅舍!

Surprise.!Here are some good expression of us in Chinese. Thank you for your try and sharing. Actually it's not only an amazing experience but also an unforgettable memory for you in the whole life. Thank you for your good impression of people, drinks,meals, etc. here. Happy travels^_^ 谢谢!我们会做得更好! Best wishes, Hantanginn Hostel

Friendly staff. Great trips to Terracotta Warriors and Tang Dynasty music show.

• 4th Jan 2016

Great hostel around the corner from bell tower, drum tower and Muslim street. I had a fantastic trip and thus hostel has restored my faith regarding hostels in China!

That's really beyond our imagination to get your comments at A level. All of your words here would for sure inspire us to work harder in the following days. Also, we believe all of the hostels in China hold one same goal that we will try our best to be better and better for travellers from all over the world. Thank you very much for your approval and support. May you enjoy your time in China. Best regards, Hantanginn Youth Hostel

Staff were a little rude, very reluctant to help once you didn't want to book tours with them and book on ur own and needed direction as to where to go. Terracotta worriers is so easy and half the price to do yourself. The rooms were clean and lots of room.

The dorm rooms were fine and the beds were comfy and clean. The bathroom was cleaned everyday. Seemed a lot quieter than the sister hostel down the road. Staff were friendly.

We are so glad you were satisfied with everything here. From your words, we know you already visited our sister hostel as well where they had a bar in the second floor. So that's why it's quiter in our hostel. The truth is all the guests staying with them or us for sure could move to each other. Happy tyravels~~~ Best regards, Hantanginn Hostel

Everything was great. I stayed in a double private room, it was clean, warm and dry. Comfortable like being at a hotel, cosy and friendly like a backpacker's hostel.

• 24th Dec 2015

Thank you for your highly speaking of our room and the atmophere. It's actually our basic and enternal goal to provide some comfortable rooms and cosy environment with you guys. We do hope you enjoyed your time with us and will have a beautiful memory in China. Best regards, Hantanginn Hostel

Stayed here for a few nights over Christmas. It was warm and they had a Christmas Eve party. Everything was clean, staff was helpful, and the location was very near the Muslim Quarter, so it was easy to get good snacks.

We were so pleased we could celebrate this divine moment with you guys together. It was not only a new year celebration but also a wonderful chance to sit down and knew some new friends and talked about something interesting. That's actually always what we want to creat for all of guests staying with us. We will continue to keep it and do much better in the days ahead. Thank you very much for your satisfaction. Great greeting from Hantanginn

Fun Christmas celebrations.

As an international hostel, in the coming of new year, it's our great honor to hold an activity to celebrate together with all of you guys. We are gald you could join and enjoyed it. It was not only a celebration of new year but also a wonderful chance for us to sit down and make new friends. Thank you for your time with us. Happy travels^_^ Best wishes, Hantanginn Hostel

We had a a lovely stay at Hang Tang! The staff were amazing and very helpful! They went out of their way to help us and make us feel at home! I would definitely recommend it!

Thank you for your time ands sharing with us. All of the staff here are ready to help any guest to solve any problem in your travel in Xi'an. Hantanginn is home for everyone already stayed here or is going to. Welcome back any time. Have a nice trip. Best regards, Hantanginn Hostel

would and will go again

Thank you for your trust, friend. What we are expecting is better you and us when you come back one day. We are alreays here waiting for you. Best wishes, Hantnaginn Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5