Han Tang Inn Hostel

9.5
Superb 3567 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Super nice staff, especially the guy serving us the ¥50 beer towers at night. Lots of helpful staff, friendly atmosphere, two cats (friendly, but they don't rub on strangers), cool rooftop garden with ping pong table and board games and tons of seating, also has pool table on first floor as well as decent seating area. Food menu offered almost 24 hours a day, so if you want breakfast at the hostel or didn't decide where to go eat you can eat at the hostel. Also provides tour information.

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! The private double room felt more like a hotel room with a giant double bed and lovely en suite. But the rest of the hostel felt really friendly and had a great vibe. The rooftop terrace was lovely and the common areas were all great. The staff were especially kind and helpful. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017

WOW! This hostel was amazing. I stayed in a private bedroom with my friend. The room was nice and clean. The free train station pick up was so convenient for us to use. The staff spoke English very well and was able to give us great directions to any of the sites that we wanted to see. The location is the best part of the hostel. It is only 5 minutes walking to the Bell and Drum towers and the Muslim Quarter. The food their is pretty good too. I would absolutely recommend anyone to stay there!

• Australia, Male, 41+
16th Jun 2017

Great place. Good facilities, knowledgeable friendly & helpful staff. Stay here - you can't go wrong.

15th Jun 2017

I stayed one night in order to go see the the terracota warriors. When I read that the hostel had a tour i figured to give it a chance. The hostel in itself looked awesome. Kinda disappointed that I could not spend longer here. The tour was a bit of a let down. The tie guide was quite plain and we saw group guides in the pics speaking. When I neeeed to leave early she offered to get a taxi for me and quoted 280 RMB. Luckily another tourist called a cab for me and paid 105 RMB; rip off

• Canada, Male, 31-40
13th Jun 2017

Lisa and Damien and the rest of the staff are very helpful. They gave me great advice for touring the city of Xi'an as well as Hua Shan Mountain and the Terracotta Warriors. And the dumpling party was delicious! The rooftop garden is a must see chill spot and the western breakfast is tasty. I recommend this hostel!

10th Jun 2017

This place is amazing! The dorms are clean and comfortable and the location is great. But I really love the warm relaxed atmosphere and the staff were fantastic. Very friendly and welcoming. The food at the cafe is really good and they actually make really nice coffee. I ended up staying longer as I fell sick and I moved to a private room which was really nice. The staff even offered to take me to the pharmacy to help me get medicine which really made my day. Thank you for a great stay :-)

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
7th Jun 2017

When I first booked into Han Tang Inn knowing it was one of the best hostels in Asia I was a little confused. Why so good? Simple- it's the people. Both Rachel and Damien made my stay there for three days an absolute delight, they are wonderful at their jobs and do everything they can to make you smile. The rooftop is incredible, the beds are clean and the cook in the kitchen is great at his job. Good food cheap. My only complaint is that the pillows were a little flat. Wonderful place. Lee

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
6th Jun 2017

Ok so heres the thing. Staff is AMAZING, ambience too. The only problem is the rooms. They must have mold problem or something cause we had at first a room with a huge mold spot on top and the restroom smelled sooo bad. We asked to change, and the next was alright but there was mold in the corner too. Don't thing this place is bad cause its really not. The rest is perfect. It's just the mold...

Thank you for your feedback in time, dear friend. Since we saw the mold problem you mentioned here, we asked our housekeeper to double check over there. It does exit. You know, the room is at corner, so it happens easily cause of the raining sometimes. Then what we are going to do is to repair the part on the roof top. That will be helpful to against the mold problem. Thanks for your trust and support again. We will try our best to be better and better in the days ahead. Take care. Great greetings from Hantanginn.

• thephotophil
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

Really great hostel, met many great people, travelled with them. The staff is really friendly and approachable, would definitely say it's what I'd expect from the best hostel in Xi'An.