Han Tang Inn Hostel Reviews

NO.7 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Amazing hostel - avoid buying drinks and good there however, much cheaper outside. Warrior tour is a MUST DO. EXCELLENT GUIDE, totally worth the money, especially when combined with the dancing show - JaJa is the BEST. Hard to find however - arrange pickup from train/flight before arriving.

First of all, we are very happy that you can quickly give us feedback information, and give high marks throughout the house, thank you. As you said, Terracotta is the place that every tourists will come to the land, which need interesting and responsible guide. For our group just to meet terracotta this point, we will ensure that no shopping, and promise you can understand the Terracotta Army charm easily. Look forward to your next visit, our dearest friend, we are waiting for you.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The only thing I didn't like was the wet bathrooms....I know, I know, these are very common in Asia but I still don't like having to take off my shoes and socks just to take a quick pee and then dry off you feet and put your shoes and socks on again. I mean, we ​are talking about a very rich and ancient culture and in thousands of years nobody thought of enclosing the shower? It's a minor issue....otherwise the place is very nice, clean and quiet.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

It is hard to express our gratitude, but thank you for giving us such a high rating. Of course, for sewer problems, we are very sorry, but will try our best to solve the things you feedback, thank you. we sincerely welcome you to come back next time, and give us more useful comments and suggestions. Hantanginn ia always waiting for you.

very good hostel, totally reliable, big comfortable rooms with solid beds. l'd recommend it to everyone!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Seeing your timely and highly evaluation, we very proud. Thank you for liking Han Tang Inn and spending a pleasant time here, we will redouble our efforts to do better, always look forward to your better and more useful comments and recommendations. Have a nice trip.

The staff here went above and beyond what was expected of them. When I lost my wallet they helped my cancel my bank account and get a new train ticket. Without they're help I would have been lost.

We are so honored that you give us a so high review, thank you so much, and we will try our best to be better. As you mentioned the things we did, we would like to, the reason is that you are our friend and family member, we are always liking to help you and show the old city for you, which would make you be relaxed and have a home feeling. All the staff wish you have a nice trip. Welcome to come here next time.

A worthwhile and enjoyable visit. Well located, easy walking distance to various inner-city sites. Most of the staff speak English very well. I recommend this hostel to any traveler of any age (although be aware a lot of drinking is encouraged some nights). I hope to come back, with my children some day.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

First of all, thank you for speaking highly of hantanginn and making our lovely staff, convenient location and good service more vivid, which let all the staff appreciated and proud. And truthfully speaking, we can still imagine all your sweet smile and great experience at this moment, which also makes us continue our efforts to make you satisfied and have a good memory. We are looking forward to see the lovely family next time, all is waiting for you. Best wishes.

Thank u for the a few amazing days in Xi'an

For your love and support, what we can do is continuing our efforts to make you feel our sincerity and warmth and striving to become the home of all the guests- the commitment from the Hantanginn. We are waiting for you all the time. Best wishes.

Excellent staff, very helpful. My friend lost his bank card and they spent a while phoning the bank to see if they could sort it out. The reception/bar staff all speak great english which was also very useful. Beds are very comfy and they have a rooftop terrace with a table tennis table. Excellent hostel, undoubtedly the best we stayed in out of four hostels in China, I'd highly recommend it,

All the staff are so appreciated that you give us a high review and find all of the excellence of our hostel, which are always found by our friends, so welcome to be the friends or family member of hantanginn, haha. And to be honest, what we help you to do is our Responsibilities and obligations, we will continue to do and serve all the guests here. We are waiting for you.

Excellent staff helped me do whatever I needed done and where great people.... Beds we're also very comfy.... Would come back here again....

Thank you for your very nice compliment, though these are what we ought to do, we are still happy and proud to see your warm review, thanks a lot . Please believe us, with your support and encouragement, we will redouble our efforts to strive for better service, so that you could feel a new charming Han Tang Inn which is always walking on the road. All the staff hope you have a nice trip and give you the best wishes. HANTANGINN YOUTH HOSTEL

Location pretty good, but could be confusing to navigate at first (still near to the city center). Stayed in a triple room. Cleanliness was okay, but restroom sometimes smelled.

Thank you for speak highly of our location and cleanliness, it is two of our superiority, thank you. For the problems you said, we are so sorry to give you some inconvenience, but we have feedback to the manager and will solve it as soon as possible. We are looking forward to seeing you next time and experience our hostel again.

Located close to the Muslim quarter which I recommend going for a good old bartering session for any trinkets you want to take home. The hostel itself has a cosy communal area on entry, a patio down stairs and a roof top area with sauna! The room was huge and cleaned daily. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. We booked a tour to the Terracotta Warriors through the hostel, we had a great day with Lady Ja Ja and a fab traditional meal.

Reading your reviews, we are so appreciated that you have a great time in our hostel and speak highly of all the staff and the terra cotta tour, we will do our best to be better and be a new and home hostel.

This hostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed at for a few key reasons: 1) helpful staff that organizes a variety of tours to all sight-seeing locations around Xi'an 2) extremely close to the Muslim Quarter, and thus fantastic inexpensive food & shopping is readily available 3) delicious Western food 4) rooms are cleaned daily My only tiny suggestion to the staff is to ensure that water from the shower goes into the drain rather than all over the bathroom floor. Bottom line: stay here!

Thanks for high review you give, for your love and support, we don't know how to repay, but we will continue to work hard and strive to do better, thank you. 1. All the staff would like to help you that you could have a home feeling, just be relaxed and convenient. 2. we are located in the city center, which is close to the bell tower , drum tower, Muslim Quarter and most places of interest you are willing to go. 3. We are so sorry for the inconvenience of the plugged water. Best wishes.

Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The hostel has a good bar and serves its own draft beer, in addition its in a good location for both walking to the closest metro and to sights such as the Muslim Quarter. Would definitely recommend !

Every time we heard the praise, we are particularly proud of, the same to yours, thank you. We will constantly strive to improve, so that you could live a more comfortable, more enjoyable to play on this basis. We are looking forward to seeing you as soon as possible.

Great and comfortable. Definitely would recommend this hostel.

We don't know how to show our gratitude, but we really appriciate of the high review, thank you so much. because of your support , we will do our best to make hangtanginn like a home . Welcome to come back and go on enjoying yourself. Have a nice trip no matter where you are in China. We are looking forward to meeting you next time.

I had a great time staying at Hantang Inn. Very friendly and helpful staff. As solo traveler its a great place to meet people! Thanks :)

We are very pleased and honored that you had a great time and spoke highly of our hostel. For the review you mentioned, on one side, all the staff would like to try our best to introduce different places of interest to you and help you to solve the problems, in order that you could be relaxed here. On the other side, different kind of activities are arranged every night that you would meet new friends and experience the local culture. Best wishes from hantanginn.

Very nice roof top with table tennis. Very supportive staff.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you so much for enjoying yourself in our hostel and speaking highly of our staff and the beautiful garden. For all the words you said, we will try our best to be better and give you the best service. We are looking forward to meeting you next time.

This hostel and it's sister hostel down the road are both amazing. I arrived on an early morning train and was able to check in to my room straight away. The staff were very helpful and I was able to book on to a trip that morning and was given recommendations on how to spend the rest of my day so I wouldn't waste any time. Lovely place and lovely people!

Truthfully speaking, thanks so much for speaking highly of our hostel and the sister hostel, we are so proud. As you said, we can pick you up from the train station, let you check in as soon as possible, and show you the FREE city map that you can know where to go, It is our responsibility and we would like to do, and the only reason is you are our friends and family member. All the staff are looking forward to seeing you next time. Have a nice trip in China.

People of this youth hostel ready to help you to organize your trip or write sentence in chinese. The must of this youth hostel: great rooftop and sauna.... Ideally placed in the heart of the city...

It is so appreciating to receive your new and kind review, because of the warm words, we will try our best to give you the better and better service and let you have the HOME FEELING, do you feel that? Haha, All of us would like to say thank you and hope you have a good time in everywhere you are now. Tell you the truth, we ideally placed in the heart of you, too.

i live in room 306 mix room 6 people, the AC is so noise, and this room is end of hall, no wifi is avialable

Thank you for being in our hostel and having a great time , we are so appreciated and hope to give you the best service. At the same time, we are so sorry for the WIFI in the room and AC, but wifi works well in the hall and the roof garden, would you mind trying next time, welcome. All the staff hope that you can be pleased with everything here and having a nice trip.

Likes: Location, atmosphere of the common area, overall cleanliness, garden/sun deck. Dislikes: shower drain in Room 301 was clogged, which led to instant flooding of the entire little bathroom; someone smoked in my room, which is inexcusable. Fix the drain and make sure your guests know that smoking is not permitted. Besides the j**k who smoked in my room, I had to tell another guy who was about to light up in the common area that there was no smoking allowed. Nevertheless, the place is great.

Thank you for giving us so pertinent comments. On one hand, the great staff, atmosphere and all the things you liked is our advantage, we will continue to adhere to and strive to do better. On the other hand, as you mentioned that some people smoked in the room, we feel very sorry, but thank you for the suggestion. we will continue to remind all the guest and ensure "no smoking“ in the room. Great greetings and best wishes.

Great hostel! Garden patio on the roof is beautiful! Good location, close to everything. Our private room was awesome. Super clean with its own bathroom.

• 28th May 2014

We are so pleased to receive your review and appreciated that you have a great time here. As you said, it is super easy from our hostel to everywhere, especially for the train station, bell tower, drum tower, muslin street and the airport shuttle bus, but we still show you the free city map when you check in, which is the best "guide" in Xi'an. Thank you for all you left here, we are looking forward to seeing you next time. Best wishes.