Han Tang Inn Hostel Reviews

NO.7 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

The staff here were fantastic. They went over and above on several ocassions and never tired of answering our questions. We went on one of their tours to the WWF to visit the panda's which was awesome and a reasonable price. The atmosphere was cosy and they had a great bar with good food. Very convenient location - close to everything in town. One night they invited all guests to sample various chinese wines and liquors free of charge. A fun time!

My partner and I loved this place! Everything and everyone was superb. Overall we couldn't of asked for a better experience; super friendly staff, great people, good price, and clean rooms. Note: showers over flow the bathroom and there are no "do-it-yourself" washing machines.

This is a great hostel! The staff is really helpfull, they helped me planing the rezt of my trip in china. The tours they offer are very cool, I did the panda tour, it was worth it waking up so early. The bar and the rooftop are excellent way to meet other travelers.

Nice hostel with a nice bar and great staff. Bathrooms in the 6 bed dorm are a bit manky but nothing that should stop you from staying here for a couple of nights. The location is excellent. It's within walking distance of the centre of xi'an and as long as you're not lazy you can walk to the train station.

Excellent! We enjoyed our stay there so much that it's our favorite! Just because we know that suggestions are the best to improve, willwe say that the shower water tends to leak onto the whole bathroom floor (toilets' included), and that the Xi'an terracotta army tour proposed here needs to be revised: the guide makes you buy more than asked and is not clear. Otherwise: perfect staff in their attention, perfect surroundings, for a really nice bargain.

- Very well located, in the center of Xian, near many interesting sites / shopping center - Friendly and helpfull staff - Nice atmosphere

This hostel has been elected amongst the best ones in the world several timez in the last years by hostel world and we could definitely understand why: an absolute pleasure to stay there and overall great value for the money. The only downside was that it was noicy on the street outside the 6 bed mixed dorms in the night so we could barely sleep but the staff helped us instantly to upgrade to a doublebed room. But overall a great hostel!

Han Tang Inn Hostel was amazing! It was so much more than I could have hoped for! Adore everyone who works there! Wish the pillows were softer...but hands down the best hostel I've stayed at anywhere in the world. Highly recommended! Also, just down the street there is a little food stand where I had one of the best meals of my life...3 days in a row...

• 20th Oct 2013