Han Tang Inn Hostel Reviews

NO.7 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Stayed here for 3 nights and was great for location the staff are friendly when I couldn't book my train ticket to Shanghai at the ticket office they were able to help. Felt like a mini hotel instead of a hostel. Food prices are reasonable, the only minor issue is that the bathroom in the dorm I stayed smelt of sewage at times and the pillows were not comfy. Would stay again

Nice place to stay, friendly atmosphere, international clientele, good food, central location. Pooltable and the cues could do with an update.

nice hostel, although the windows in the rooms are quite small. the breakfast is a little expensive, 30yuan would be more appropriate than 40. overall good location and friendly staff. the possibility to borrow books and travel guides from downstairs is a plus

My friend and I had an excellent stay at this hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. We joined the beer pong event on a wednesday night, which was great fun and one of the staffmembers showed us another great bar after the beerpong. Atmosphere at the hostel were great, met a lot of very nice people and can only recommend going!

great place, food and drinks very over priced but a beautiful rooftop courtyard and great outside patio with a pool table. while things were overpriced no one ever complained when we brought beers from the store into the hostel. very nice people. went on the warriors tour arranged by the hostel which was ok but tedious and in retrospect i would have rather gone on my own. stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and everything was great (showers ok, AC worked) over all great place and great location.

I have slept in many hostels before, but never like this one! Our stay was just perfect. Staff very helpful, helping you whenever, dumplings or majong parties, cheap beers... The twin room looked like an hotel one, the bathroom of the dorm was super clean, cold water available. No more more comment : just thank you !

The best hostel we have stayed in, anywhere in the world! Great facilities, perfect location and the staff are fantastic. Very friendly and helpful in arranging onward travel and just giving advice. Special mention to Lei-Lei for keeping everyone entertained and socialising!

• 2nd Aug 2013

The hostel was just want we needed for a nights stay in Xi'an. Good location, excellent food, wi fi, ping pong, nice places to seat and eat or have a beer and friendly staff.

• 30th Jul 2013

Great place handy to everything. Staff is friendly

Han tang inn was absolutely brilliant, stayed there extra nights cos I loved it so much. Lei Lei one of the staff members was a legend and just added so much personality to the place and really just made you feel at home, he just had so much insight into the city and had great ideas for things to do and made the place just seem perfect! Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, reasonable price and good menu at the restaurant bar downstairs. Sad to leave!

• 28th Jul 2013

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. The room was amazing, so clean and comfortable, didn't feel like a hostel but a hotel. The restaurant/bar area is really nice, and the food is good. The location is perfect. Walking distance to many great tourist attractions.The staff are very well trained, and really go out of their way to help you with directions, arranging a driver...anything you may need. Everyone I met here were just really warm and friendly. Wish I stayed longer!

We first got a room with a loud noise coming from outside. They immediately came to see what's the problem and then gave us another room without noises. Great food, service and definitely a really good location.

The hostel is located in central Xian old city. They have a cool roof garden with ping pong table and a sauna. The staff is extremely helpful, speaking fluent English.

Everything was perfect in this hostel where I have stayed for the second time !

We had a great stay at the Han Tang Inn. The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the location is great.

The price for the dorms was a bit more expensive than its sister hostel down the road. However, everything was clean, tidy and orderly. I only stayed here one night because the other hostel didn't have beds for my final night in the city. When he was around, the boss was very helpful and enthusiastic in offering travel advices and directions.

I loved this Hostel. It has a great location, comfy beds, helpful staff and a great atmosphere if you just want to relax at the hostel. The breakfast was so convenient for our rushed stay.

• 18th Jul 2013

Over all a really nice place to stay! Staff is super nice and very helpful. Little bit difficult to find, but otherwise a pretty good location.

They messed up our reservation and others but wouldn't give us an explanation. The only option that they gave us was to stay at a partner hotel of theirs supposedly better and at a cheaper price. The hotel was located at an alley that did not look very safe. When we got there the entrance was dirty, carpet had not been clean or even vacuum in a long time. The sealing was falling down, the room was full of mold. the carpet was full of hair and stains. Horrible experience.

Sorry let you upset! I have to state what happen in 15th of July.I think we don'tmessed your reservation because when you arrived you are very easy to find your name in the welcome list.We tell you our reservation is over full because we close the back office late .we have a partner hotel but big discount 140RMB instead of 240RMB,if you like ,you say ok,not refuse ,and then we send to go there show the room for you ,you not complain for us you don't like it for next day!

This was a great hostel. The best I have stayed in in China. The most impressive bit was how clean is was! The only thing that let it down was the organisation of the tours. I booked a double tour- terracotta warriors in the day and dinner and dance show at night. The day tour was scheduled to get back at 4.30pm and the night one to start at 6pm. However they changed the time of the night tour on the day and I missed it as they didn't tell me. Other than that it was a great hostel. I recommend!

Hi, Thank you for your review. Sorry ,the show start time 8.00pm everyday,but in that day at the 15.00 ,the theatre called us the show changed time temporary because there are some special pepole coming to vist the theatre ,so if we know of it before , we will tell you . Best Regars Han Tanginn &fangfang