Hancy Guesthouse Reviews

6 rue Hancy, Nice, France

Very good located! Very clean!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed at Hancy for just one night but had a safe and cosy one. Marie and Jean were the most helpful owners that I've ever known. I went there for a break from my long journey, the location of the guesthouse made it possible. Thank you guys so much! See you again!

We loved our stay at Hancy Guesthouse. The room was perfect, we loved the little kitchenette and the clean bathroom. It was a perfect jumping off point for our relaxing days at the beach. A short walk from the train station (buses go direct there from the airport!) and to restaurants and the beach! Our host was very accommodating and let us change in her bathroom and stow our luggage when we arrived too early for check in. Other huge pluses: hair dryer in bathroom and extra towels for the beach!

Staff was very friendly and accommodating with changing travel plans.

I was disappointed that we were only staying 1 night. Very attractive room, comfortable beds, a tiny, charming and fully implemented kitchen with table and chairs, and an immaculate bathroom - a delightful suite. The hostel has a lift which is great if you have heavy luggage and they have a large bookcase in the main hall with novels, travel books (Rick Steves) and other travel information. The hosts were charming and very helpful. Located within walking distance of all sights of interest.

I would like to state that I have had a very nice stay at the Hancy's Guesthouse. Room was small but very clean and tidy. Internet access available was decent with some minor range issues to the room I was but up and running all the time (I would suggest the placement of a Wi-Fi range extender or a more powerful router, though). Mrs Marie and Mr Jean did their best to accomodate us and they were very friendly, too. Their hospitality is top notch.

• 26th May 2015

Really good location in Nice, lovely clean rooms and welcoming staff who were really helpful giving us information etc. Our room was en suite, but the bathroom was just partitioned off from the bedroom, rather than a completely separate room, which means you can hear the other person while they're in there. Somewhat "intimate" especially for a couple on holiday together for the first time, but no problem really.

• 23rd May 2015

In general it was a nice place to stay and the hosts were really nice providing with information.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Mexico

Hancy Guesthouse is the perfect place for a weekend break in Nice. It's well situated not far from the beach, and old town, very close to the shopping district and only a 10 minute walk from the main train station, Nice Ville. Upon arrival, Marie gave me lots of information about the city and things to do, and there are numerous leaflets for you to peruse. The room itself was equipped with everything needed. Great for a short stay.

• 30th Apr 2015

Despite of the Hancy Guesthouse don't accepts credit card and haven't a 24h reception, the price is good and you can inform in your reservation the arrival time that they will expect you and during your stay you can arrive in any time. I recommend strongly the Hancy Guesthouse.

I think your strong point is that the host looks like a kind guide! that`s very good.

It was such a great stay thanks to Jean and Marie. They made our stay very comfortable and warming, helping us in any way possible. The location was spot on, very close to the main area of nice which made it easy for us to walk everywhere. It was not expensive or very far to get to Monaco or Cannes either only 1,50 EUR on the bus! We stayed in a double room, it had an ensuite which was small but very clean. There was also a kitchen area which was very handy to cook in the morning/evening. Fab!

• 11th Apr 2015

Very nice couple running the place, it feels fresh, and the kitchenette was perfect and sufficiently equipped, definitely enough to cook most meals, with a nice little table. The bathroom was more of a box in the room, with no ceiling and an electric toilet that flushed badly, that was the only minus, other than that I would really recommend it.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, with fantastic little kitchens. The hotel is just a couple of minutes walk from the main thoroughfare, and it is just fifteen minutes from the Old Town and the beach. But best of all are the hosts Jean and Marie: they were extremely welcoming and very helpful and full of advice about travelling and how to get to places. I have travelled throughout France in small hotels and this is undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best. A hundred stars of of ten.

Friendly staff, excellent position in the city centre and good value for money

I had a lovely stay I will definitely visit again.

• 19th Jan 2015