Hancy Guesthouse Reviews

6 rue Hancy, Nice, France

Marie & Jean were lovely. Very welcoming, friendly & helpful.

• 9th Aug 2015

I spend only one night here but I liked the place. Marie, the owner was very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent - very close both to the train station and the city centre.

We had a great time in Nice. Thank you for making us feel like we were home!

The guesthouse is very simple to find on foot or by car. It's in the middle of the center where you can go shopping, eat in good restaurants, make party at night or hang out on the big place close to the sea. You can also make breakfast by yourself because of the small kitchen in the guestroom. Very warm and friendly hostmother.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Had a great stay!

LOVED my stay here. Was staying in a single room for three nights and I must say it was fantastic - I would definitely return. Air con in the room was perfect and own kitchenette with everything I needed was great too, as well as an ensuite. Everything was clean, and the hosts were very helpful and accommodating, even letting me arrive earlier than check in to drop of my bags. I would recommend this place if you need a quiet place to unwind and enjoy Nice.

Jean and Marie are so nice. They told us some tourist attractions to us when we arrived. That was very helpful! The room was clean and tidy. It closes to any facility we need and it is not far away from the beach!

This is a great place! Excellent service, very friendly and accommodating. The room I was in had a kitchen with dishes and plates, and even a fridge and microwave. The location is great, very close to many interesting places. Overall a great value for your money!

Jean and Marie are great! Very helpful and provide lots of information for visitors with brochures, books, and maps. Marie was always available for questions. Very clean and practical facility and room. Walking distance to the train station and main shopping area. Definitely would return to stay there and highly recommend others to stay there.. Merci beaucoup Jean et Marie!

Location was wonderful! Staff was lovely, and location was perfect. The room was very nicely decorated and the kitchen in our room was up to date. The air conditioning was a nice touch. I will miss nice!

Very good located! Very clean!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed at Hancy for just one night but had a safe and cosy one. Marie and Jean were the most helpful owners that I've ever known. I went there for a break from my long journey, the location of the guesthouse made it possible. Thank you guys so much! See you again!

We loved our stay at Hancy Guesthouse. The room was perfect, we loved the little kitchenette and the clean bathroom. It was a perfect jumping off point for our relaxing days at the beach. A short walk from the train station (buses go direct there from the airport!) and to restaurants and the beach! Our host was very accommodating and let us change in her bathroom and stow our luggage when we arrived too early for check in. Other huge pluses: hair dryer in bathroom and extra towels for the beach!

Staff was very friendly and accommodating with changing travel plans.

I was disappointed that we were only staying 1 night. Very attractive room, comfortable beds, a tiny, charming and fully implemented kitchen with table and chairs, and an immaculate bathroom - a delightful suite. The hostel has a lift which is great if you have heavy luggage and they have a large bookcase in the main hall with novels, travel books (Rick Steves) and other travel information. The hosts were charming and very helpful. Located within walking distance of all sights of interest.

I would like to state that I have had a very nice stay at the Hancy's Guesthouse. Room was small but very clean and tidy. Internet access available was decent with some minor range issues to the room I was but up and running all the time (I would suggest the placement of a Wi-Fi range extender or a more powerful router, though). Mrs Marie and Mr Jean did their best to accomodate us and they were very friendly, too. Their hospitality is top notch.

• 26th May 2015

Really good location in Nice, lovely clean rooms and welcoming staff who were really helpful giving us information etc. Our room was en suite, but the bathroom was just partitioned off from the bedroom, rather than a completely separate room, which means you can hear the other person while they're in there. Somewhat "intimate" especially for a couple on holiday together for the first time, but no problem really.

• 23rd May 2015

In general it was a nice place to stay and the hosts were really nice providing with information.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Mexico

Hancy Guesthouse is the perfect place for a weekend break in Nice. It's well situated not far from the beach, and old town, very close to the shopping district and only a 10 minute walk from the main train station, Nice Ville. Upon arrival, Marie gave me lots of information about the city and things to do, and there are numerous leaflets for you to peruse. The room itself was equipped with everything needed. Great for a short stay.

• 30th Apr 2015

Despite of the Hancy Guesthouse don't accepts credit card and haven't a 24h reception, the price is good and you can inform in your reservation the arrival time that they will expect you and during your stay you can arrive in any time. I recommend strongly the Hancy Guesthouse.

View all Nice Bed and Breakfasts