Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

This is a really nice hostel with great facilities and friendly staff. The rooms are very well kept, with the dorm room having its own bathroom. There is a pleasant cafe/bar next door, which is perfect to chill out in - there was a movie playing on the night arrived. The staff are very helpful and gave me directions when I needed them. In terms of location, it is good; the West Lake isn't too far and you can walk straight out onto a touristy street.

The staff offered to upgrade my room from "private with shared bathroom" to "private bathroom" for rmb 20/day which is great! And the room is safe and clean. Staff was also helpful when calling a taxi for me upon my departure. The only minus is the location is a bit far (15 - 20 minutes walk) from the bus station (where buses run through scenic spots).

Location of the hostel is great, just next to busiest market streets. I stayed in a dorm which suprised me positively; very tidy, clean and comfortable! However, the bathroom and thus the room also had a weird and unpleasant smell which was quite disturbing. Bathroom was also really cold. However, the room and bed was super comfortable and staff very friendly.

The entire hostel smelled strongly of sewage, except in the bathrooms where it just smelled musty and moldy. The hot water was "broken", which wasn't really true because they said "it works every day from 10pm until 8am". The people staying at this hostel were mostly Chinese families (i.e. the elderly and small children), and everyone was pretty antisocial. The heating in the room was nice, but every other space in the hostel was absolutely freezing. They kept opening all the doors and windows!

Great spot overall. Stayed here twice. Discounts at the cafe (20%) and restaurant (8%) connected on both sides. If they tell you cash only-turns out they can run your china debit card at the cafe. We very much enjoyed the king size bed room and the newly renovated rooms are FANTASTIC (snuck in for a peek) Scheduled to be done after the CNY. Local bikes can be rented by the GuLou (drum Tower) for 20 RMB all day. Enjoy west lake!

Nice hostel, Good location, near shops and restaurants, confortable bed, restaurant with good food and reasonable prices. Walking distance to the lake and the staff were really friendly and helpfull. Just stayed 1 night but would've stayed longer if I had more time. I reccomend!

Overall, this hostel is great. I had a 3rd floor deluxe room and the extra money is worth it. The room is plenty big enough and the bathroom is excellent. The room and the communal areas were always clean. The wifi in my room was a little unreliable during busy times, but in the lobby it was always available. The whole place has a comfortable feel, but I didn't meet as many other travellers as I have in other places as the bar/restaurant area is seperate to the hostel (but only next door!)

Nice hostel and staff, Thx.

Perfect stay for a few days to get to know Hangzhou (get-away trip from Shanghai). Very friendly staff, good English and always helpful. Rooms appeared clean, Hostel was nicely located next to a neat chinese shopping street in Hangzhou. Also in walking distance of the lake and a metro. Extremely comfortable and relaxing restaurant/chill area included. Extra tip: walk up the hill next to the stone gate and try yoga lessons in a buddhist location (next to a parking space).

• 21st Jan 2015

Private rooms excellent! Dorms good, washing facilities in winter a little cold.

• 17th Jan 2015

there is some bad smell in the rooms next to the bathroom and toilet.

As Americans, we are not used to the type of beds in China, so we didn't sleep well, but the room was small but very adequate and the staff was pleasant. I liked the atmosphere. Staff was very helpful.

• 2nd Jan 2015

We had a wonderful stay at the hostel, the location is very nice, close to the West Lake and all the restaurants. The hostel itself is nice with a beautiful courtyard, the room was actually a small duplex, but the only thing that has to go is the smell from the bathroom! The rest is fine.

The hostel was in the BEST location. Right in the middle of the Gulou shopping area and very short walk to West Lake. The staff spoke great English and was friendly and helpful when we asked about how to get to different locations. The hall smelled a bit like sewage, but inside the rooms there wasn't any smell. Beds were comfortable enough, and there was a 20% discount for guests at the attached cafe which was cute. Overall great stay!

I would recommend this to anyone staying in Hangzhou - an awesome hostel with friendly staff and a great little bar! Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, and we loved our loft room. Good location, easy to get to the sights.

I agree with everyone about great location , convenience, The staff are wonderful, Lovely place , the room is very clean. I would always stay here when in Hangzhou.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Macau

pleasant stay, good location, staff very helpful!

Its third time to stay this hostel, very good staying. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Cool and stylish! The staff is very helpful - when I got there I couldn't find the hostel so I called them up and one of the guys went to meet me on the a tree and brought me to the hostel. That was a really nice gesture. But sorry guys, it was not very clean. The bathroom area doesn't have a door and they had a strong smell of sewage. Also the floor in the rooms were very dirty and had a coat of dust And I got some sort of bug while there. Great hostel but needs to improve cleanness.

very good location and helfful staff

• 16th Nov 2014