Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

Very nice hostel I met. Really good location, the room is small but clean. That's enough for me.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • China

Hotel with a nice common area but lack of international atmosphere. Staff seem to cater towards Chinese guests only. DB room very small but great shower. Girl working at shine Cafe in the mornings was the only really helpful and nice of all the staff. More information for international guests would be great!

Very clean and beautiful hostel with really nice friendly and interior staff. Good location ,located in the heart of Beijing, walk to the west lake only 10 min. The facilities were clean. Love it. Will return for sure.

• 26th Jul 2015

It was a bit of a worrying time when I recieved a text message that saying my booking had been cancelled as I had missed check in deadline and at one stage I thought I may have to spend a night on the tough streets of Hangzhou. However once contacting Sven and explaining the situation that we were running late, he assured me that our room would still be available. Furthermore throughout our stay Sven was more than happy to reply to my text messages and help me with queries throughout our stay.

• 20th Jul 2015

Was in a great location next to the night markets and close to the lake so was great! The double room was a little small but it did have a window which was great! Lady at the desk was really helpful and spoke enough English to get us where we wanted to go.

Great place to stay in a great location of Hangzhou. The staff is so welcoming and friendly helpful. The room is really mini but enough for us and very clean, the bed is comfortable. There is a pretty nice courtyard. I will definitely go again. Highly recommend.

Great location, super helpful staff. If we were to return to Hangzhou we would definitely stay here again.

Great experience at this hostel. Very convenient location and relatively nice facilities for the low price. Not much of a social culture when we stayed there, but I didn't find it a big problem since most people don't stay in Hangzhou for long.

Hangzhou Hofang was overall a great place to stay! It is on a pedestrian street with a lot of little shops. It's not far from West Lake or the metro station. We walked to a lot of places from the hostel. It was clean and we had no problems. A lot of the staff members struggled with English, but they made a real effort to help us. When we were there, mainly Chinese people were staying, so it was hard to meet English speakers. The wifi was pretty bad, but it was bad at a lot of places in China.

A great hostel with amenities, had many guidesbook available for checkout, bar next door and some good rooms. There english was adequate but had 0 problems while staying there. Clean Ensuite bathrooms are worth it.

Hostel well located on Hefang Street, near lake and closeish to the metro. The staff all speak good English - and v. willing to help you practise Chinese. They work hard to keep the place well-run. The rooms are cozy. I gave the slightly lower "value for money" rating because the food in the restaurant is very expensive. The atmosphere of the common area is good, but if the restaurant hadn't been quite so dear it could have been even better. Overall, though, we very much enjoyed the stay.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The first night is just ok

Double room was very small, bed was very hard. Good bathroom though, and good coffee at the cafe downstairs with discounts for guests. Good location just off the market street and about 10-15 minutes walk to the lake.

Very little room, no shampoo , shower gel

great hostel~

Good location with tourist attraction and restaurants very near by. Walk to the lake is not too far away Staff are friendly and helpful Good wifi in room

• 26th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice staff, nice room. The theme of the hostel is excellent and extremely good value. But the public bathroom is a bit smelly,

Lovely room, though the shared toilet was very small. Everything immaculately clean and comfortable. The cafe and restaurant on either sid eof the hostel offer discounts to guests and especially the cafe, were very good.

I would recommend everyone to stay here. Great location, friendly staff and clean rooms.

• 1st May 2015

Good wifi, not much hanging out is done in the common area. Comfortable beds and nice bathrooms in the rooms. Staff was helpful with a few questions I had for them.