Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

Perfect stay for a few days to get to know Hangzhou (get-away trip from Shanghai). Very friendly staff, good English and always helpful. Rooms appeared clean, Hostel was nicely located next to a neat chinese shopping street in Hangzhou. Also in walking distance of the lake and a metro. Extremely comfortable and relaxing restaurant/chill area included. Extra tip: walk up the hill next to the stone gate and try yoga lessons in a buddhist location (next to a parking space).

• 21st Jan 2015

Private rooms excellent! Dorms good, washing facilities in winter a little cold.

• 17th Jan 2015

there is some bad smell in the rooms next to the bathroom and toilet.

As Americans, we are not used to the type of beds in China, so we didn't sleep well, but the room was small but very adequate and the staff was pleasant. I liked the atmosphere. Staff was very helpful.

• 2nd Jan 2015

The hostel was in the BEST location. Right in the middle of the Gulou shopping area and very short walk to West Lake. The staff spoke great English and was friendly and helpful when we asked about how to get to different locations. The hall smelled a bit like sewage, but inside the rooms there wasn't any smell. Beds were comfortable enough, and there was a 20% discount for guests at the attached cafe which was cute. Overall great stay!

I would recommend this to anyone staying in Hangzhou - an awesome hostel with friendly staff and a great little bar! Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, and we loved our loft room. Good location, easy to get to the sights.

I agree with everyone about great location , convenience, The staff are wonderful, Lovely place , the room is very clean. I would always stay here when in Hangzhou.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Macau

pleasant stay, good location, staff very helpful!

Its third time to stay this hostel, very good staying. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Cool and stylish! The staff is very helpful - when I got there I couldn't find the hostel so I called them up and one of the guys went to meet me on the a tree and brought me to the hostel. That was a really nice gesture. But sorry guys, it was not very clean. The bathroom area doesn't have a door and they had a strong smell of sewage. Also the floor in the rooms were very dirty and had a coat of dust And I got some sort of bug while there. Great hostel but needs to improve cleanness.

very good location and helfful staff

• 16th Nov 2014
  • China

Good speaking staff , nice location. However When i handed in my key it had a crack in it. I had it in my wallet the whole time. Now I don't know whether it was broken from the start or it broke in my wallet (the thing looked quite fragile) In any case I didn't abuse it, but I had to pay 6.50$. Replacing a card doesn' cost more then a few RMB. It feels this policy is design to generate extra income and it leaves a bitter taste for a paying customer. Hence this negative remark in my comment

This place is great, especially the singles. The dorms are nice too. Only thing they really need to improve is the slight odor in the hallway of the showers/dorms.

I stayed one full week in this hostel. A very cosy place, excellent staff. Very helpfull. The atmosphere in the hostel is great, s good place to meet nice people.

The location is good not very far from West Lake and located in the old neighborhood which I like very much . It has very nice bar and cafe which you can have breakfast and have a cosy time on the second floor of the cafe. The vibe there is OK. People in public area were just playing cellphones or iPads by themselves. But it is very cheap so I guess it worth the money paid. Overall it is good but could be better!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • China

Very nice! We stayed in the double room for te first 2 nights. The room was really surprising! It's in a little courtyard with little garden in front of the rooms. My room was 2 floors. Bed on the 2nd floor, bathroom and little sitting room downstairs. Very clean and nice. To be honest I wasnt expect too much about the hostel in China, but this one is one of the best hostel that we ever stayed! Staff are very helpful and friendly.

Good location, close to West Lake, around the hostel, many shop and restaurant, its very convenient. The staff is very friendly, help us a lots, thanks.

Clean and comfortable. Nice common areas to hang out. Wifi worked pretty well. It's a nice building overall and newish. The cafe is good to chill out in but most of the food is overpriced. One minor prob was the beds in the private rooms are on the floor, which is sorta annoying but not that big a deal. The staff also is a bit disorganized. Remember to hold onto your receipt.

Located in a cute area of Hangzhou. The staff was super helpful (If I need to get a train ticket, they would write a note in Chinese to make it easier, super useful if you don't speak Chinese). The Shine restaurant (next door) has a very lovely atmosphere and the food is delicious and very cheap, especially with the Hostel discount. There are movie nights and bike nights planned too. Special mention to Lizzie for her great style and service ;) I extended my stay there and I'd recommend it!

Great having free lockers on really big luggage compartments.