Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

very good location and helfful staff

• 16th Nov 2014
  • China

Good speaking staff , nice location. However When i handed in my key it had a crack in it. I had it in my wallet the whole time. Now I don't know whether it was broken from the start or it broke in my wallet (the thing looked quite fragile) In any case I didn't abuse it, but I had to pay 6.50$. Replacing a card doesn' cost more then a few RMB. It feels this policy is design to generate extra income and it leaves a bitter taste for a paying customer. Hence this negative remark in my comment

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

This place is great, especially the singles. The dorms are nice too. Only thing they really need to improve is the slight odor in the hallway of the showers/dorms.

I stayed one full week in this hostel. A very cosy place, excellent staff. Very helpfull. The atmosphere in the hostel is great, s good place to meet nice people.

The location is good not very far from West Lake and located in the old neighborhood which I like very much . It has very nice bar and cafe which you can have breakfast and have a cosy time on the second floor of the cafe. The vibe there is OK. People in public area were just playing cellphones or iPads by themselves. But it is very cheap so I guess it worth the money paid. Overall it is good but could be better!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • China

Very nice! We stayed in the double room for te first 2 nights. The room was really surprising! It's in a little courtyard with little garden in front of the rooms. My room was 2 floors. Bed on the 2nd floor, bathroom and little sitting room downstairs. Very clean and nice. To be honest I wasnt expect too much about the hostel in China, but this one is one of the best hostel that we ever stayed! Staff are very helpful and friendly.

Good location, close to West Lake, around the hostel, many shop and restaurant, its very convenient. The staff is very friendly, help us a lots, thanks.

Clean and comfortable. Nice common areas to hang out. Wifi worked pretty well. It's a nice building overall and newish. The cafe is good to chill out in but most of the food is overpriced. One minor prob was the beds in the private rooms are on the floor, which is sorta annoying but not that big a deal. The staff also is a bit disorganized. Remember to hold onto your receipt.

Located in a cute area of Hangzhou. The staff was super helpful (If I need to get a train ticket, they would write a note in Chinese to make it easier, super useful if you don't speak Chinese). The Shine restaurant (next door) has a very lovely atmosphere and the food is delicious and very cheap, especially with the Hostel discount. There are movie nights and bike nights planned too. Special mention to Lizzie for her great style and service ;) I extended my stay there and I'd recommend it!

Great having free lockers on really big luggage compartments.

It is the second time I stay in this hostel. The first time was great! Nice little family room, food discount and nice staff. This secon time we booked the same room, they located us in one of the cheaper ones, because the nice ones on the courtyard do not exist (but they still anounce them). We complained and the gave us the regular food discount that everyone gets. Not staying here anymore. Go somewhere else nearby.

internet connection was shaky. great location, nice staff and small room but all i needed. laundry service a . bit pricey (25rmb) but convenient. espresso ridiculous expensive (single espresso more expensive than double espresso at starbucks)

excellent location and extremely helpful staff: because it was raining for several days, we wanted to cut our stay in Hangzhou short; even though it meant we would stay at the hostel a day shorter than booked (we got a refund), the staff helped us book a hotel at our next destination

• 14th Aug 2014

Tatami room was small but nice but a bit dark because of a wall behind thé window ! Nice staff !

Nice hostel about 15mins walk from the west lake. Staff here really went out of their way to be helpful - we needed some train tickets in a hurry and they helped us no end. Quite a lot of bugs in our room and around the door unfortunately but we were given bug refill which kept them away mostly. Overall a nice place to stay.

Hi ,thank you so much for your comment, It is nice that you spent a great time here.Our backyard just face the mountain, that's why our ecological system is too good.Did you have good time in guilin ? Welcome back soon.

I highly recommend this hostel. Stayed 2 nights in single room

Only complaint is that the air conditioning units were all set to 26 degrees. It was a stiflingly hot weekend when I visited and it would have been nicer to be able to cool down in the room. To me, 26 degrees is uncomfortably hot. I appreciated that locker keys were free, as I forgot to bring a lock with me.

Hi ,thanks for your comment, We tried to keep the temperature of air condition around environmental degree. But if it is still hot, we do can lower it a little bit to improve the situation .Welcome back!

Located between the Pedestrian St where most of the shops are and Zhongshan South Road, where there are many street food stalls in the evening. Good walking distance to these places but a bit further away from the West Lake. Most of the staff there are friendly except for one lady who was more interested in tending to her handphone than my queries. Got a private room. Room toilet is decent. The TV was not working well. Don't set the Aircon to too low temp or else it leaks and becomes noisy.

Hi ,thanks for your comment.It is true that our TV would be influenced by weather.We really need to improve ourselves in daily work.Anyway ,welcome next time.

good hostel, I love it, and staff is very kind, especially yong hua sister. she gives excellent service.

no wifi works, neither at the hall or in the room. the speed of PC network was very slow.

Sorry for that, we will try to improve it .