Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

Good location, really nice lobby to chill out, freshly renovated, spacious rooms and everything very clean. The staff is amazing- very nice and extremely helpful. The bike I rented was in a good condition and I was pleasantly surprised how cheap it was (25 yuan for a whole day). Sadly, the Wifi didn't work in our room and due to the cold weather there was only hot water from 9 pm to 10 am. Still, I had a wonderful time there and would recommend it to anyone.

I slept in a dorm room. It had a shower and toilet in the room (so no walking through the hallway like in other hostels) which was very nice. Everything was clean. Attached to the hostel is also a very nice bar/restaurant.

An amazing hostel, all fantastic,had such a great time and very lucky to meet all the people. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The place was very clean and the beds particularly comfy. I was very please with my stay.Overall I would certainly recommend this hostel!

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Singapore

Hofang hostel was amazing! Located in such a beautiful area near to many great sights in Hangzhou, it is a great place for anyone passing through. The rooms were practically spotless and the dorms in great condition. There is a lounge area to eat your own food and drink, or a cafe/bar with cheap options, both are great. The staff helped us with everything we needed and the live-in cat was adorable! Quick a calm place, great for those wanting a base camp of sorts. Thank you for such a great stay!

The location is great just next to a cool shopping street with many souvenir shops, street food and restaurants, it was maybe 10-15 min walk to the west lake, it's also easy to reach from the subway station. The staff was nice, able to speak English which is not that usual in China. Overall a nice stay.

Excellent location, helpful staff. Rooms were a bit on the small side, but at least there was a bathroom in each dorm rather than having communal ones, however I was there in January and it was absolutely freezing in the bathroom. I didn't find there was as much of the friendly hostel atmosphere as I found in other places, although this is probably also due to it being the middle of winter, it would probably be better in busier seasons as the main common area is a nice cafe.

Common area lacks a little flair, 3 small rooms instead of one big. Drinks in hostel bar too expensive.

Had a great stay in this hostel, the location is great right near the Main Street and only a short walk from west lake. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean with big lockers! Would recommend this hostel to everyone!

The hostel staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend others to stay here if they come to Hangzhou. The location is awesome too, a 15 minutes leisurely walk away from the West Lake!

Well ,thanks for your recommendation, hope to see you back soon.

I stayed at Hofang three years ago which was also the reason why I came back. It was a pleasant stay. The location is good, only 15 mins walk from the West lake. The restaurant and cafe are also good. Highly recommend!

Thanks ! So this is what we said ,see you soon, even it's been three years. Anyway, we are looking forward to your next coming !

環境很優靜,而且位於繁華的市中心,前台cafe後台住房,很隱密的私人空間。而且職員都很好,幫忙介紹旅遊好去處,讓我即使沒有準備都可以玩到有名的地方!在寒冷的天氣下,它的暖氣非常足夠,是非常值得讚許的!另外,到西湖環湖的話又可以用低廉的價錢去租借單車。可以,在房間裏有發現老鼠的痕跡,雖然有人來填洞,但還是有點兒可怕。

Great location,rooms and staff!

Thank you for your simple but nice comment, we really appreciate it . Welcome back!

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel! It had very friendly staff, a great common area, and a pretty nice dorm room. It's in a good spot, maybe a 15-20 minute walk from West Lake and off of the main tourist strip nearby. For some reason, much of the second floor was a construction zone when I was there, but they were working quickly and it seemed like they were making some big improvements. I was also able to rent a good bike here.

Thank you for your understanding, we are working on the renovation recently, almost done, but we still need to check some tiny things, after all, we'd like to create a better condition for your next stay.

Great hostel! Good location for food and shopping. A little tricky to find, but not overly difficult. The dorm rooms were comfortable and had good security inside and outside the rooms. There was renovation going on during our stay but it was not a total inconvenience. Wifi was good. Showers were nice and hot. It was overall a great stay. I would definitely stay there again!

• 31st Dec 2015

Thanks for your comment for our hostel. And welcome back next time. Our renovation would finish soon, hope to see you again.

Very Nice place, not far from the lake and in the old pedestrian street area with a lot of shops, bar... There is a nice bar inside the hostel, with a very nice atmosphere and not expensive. 100% recommended.

Thank you so much for your highly recommended. We would like to do better in the following days. Welcome back!

Rooms could need a little more noise isolation, but overall it was a great experience.

• 27th Dec 2015

Yeah, Jiangnan style climate has this typical feature, we are on the foot of Wushan Moutain with plenty of plants. Well, Hope to see you again soon.

It was alright. Food was decent there and moderately priced. Beds were a little too thin. Water was cold. But, in return, they rented out locks, great location for travel to Huangshan (why else would you go to Huangshan City?) and a decent chill out area with free pool. All in all a solid stay for a great price.

Hey ,thanks for the comment, and sorry for the water, that might be the moment of water heater problem, well, it's very cold this year in winter, now, it's even snowing right now, but still very beautiful outside, so welcome back!

The location of the hostel is great! Located in a touristic district. Many restaurants and shops are there. The hostel has also a cafe, which was very good. A relax atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. They find out for me many information. If I visit Hangzhou again, I definitely would stay in this hostel again!

Thanks for the decent comment, we are so glad to hear this , we really need your smile of joy at our hostel. Let us be your home in Hangzhou. See you soon.

Rooms were warm and clean. Facilities and location were perfect for a weekend trip or a few days in the city. It's located in a pedestrian area with lots of delicious food and shops nearby. Staff were helpful both in the hostel and cafe next door. I didn't have hot water in my room though :S

Hi Anna, thanks for your positive review, I guess you stay in the dorm, right ? Actually you can get hot water from the lobby , 'cuz we offer public kettle in the common area also with filtered water.

Really nice just in the center of the old town close to the lake. The rooms where a little bit damp, but thats just the wet climate in Hangzhou.Staff was very nice and helpful, so it's the perfect place to stay in Hangzhou!

Thanks Janusch, your comment means a lot to us ,we are really inspired. We would keep moving . See you next time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3