Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

Good hostel with decent dorm rooms, good wifi, good bathrooms, good aircon. Staff are helpful. Guests get a 20% discount at the attached cafe. Book Impressions West Lake through the hostel for a discount. Location is 15 mins walk to west lake, the main train station, and bus stops but is close to shopping zone and heaps of street food.

this hostel is very good in everything. The perfect location which is really near Hefang street just 100m away and near Dingan metro. I stayed in 8-bed female dorm. There is a build-in restroom in this room. Its quite clean and have enough space to do your things. Staff is so friendly.

Is a good hostel, vey relaxing place with a little garden, it is in a walking alley and it's lovely. I have no complains, I just wish they had a fridge, but they sell drinks at an affordable price at the reception. The cafe is a little expensive to eat if you are in a tight budget though. Beds are clean and they also have very good showers. They don't have a laundry machine for common use but they can wash your clothes (3kg max) for a good price too, including drying.

I stayed there in a king size bed room (no. 301). The room was very simple but nice and clean (not under the bed though). The little terrass outside is nice and calm, as is the hole backyard of the hostel. The staff speaks English (partly very well), and is helpful and attentive. The westen style café is good, the location in the old town is perfect. Not really ideal walking distance to the lake (but you can), better to take a bike.

• 9th Sep 2015

The hostel is average, staff could be a little nicer , part of being a hostel is the personal attencion your receive from your hosts.

Hostel located in the city centre, yet in a more quiet street. Nice location. Had some miscommunication issues with staff though (didn't get what I want, sent me out even though I just arrived to get things, gave me a couple of wrong directions, etc.) - English level is so-so. Western toilet, good shower. Bar next/in the hostel. West lake is amazing!

It's time to renovate the private rooms with bathroom. Actually it was time to do that at least a year ago. Unbelievable!!!!

Highly recommended.

This is a great hostel. My only comment is that the staff was not very accommodating when I first arrived. They seemed annoyed at my questions and too busy to answer them. I returned to this hostel after a few days when I was back in Hangzhou and I had a different experience - much more positive.

such a cool hostel. located well and the rooms are very clean. if in the mixed dorms, try for bunks 7 and 8 if you're travelling with a buddy as you will be in the loft so its like having a private room. no hot water when we were there but the staff let us use the showers at the other yha down the street .... this hostel is more expensive than the nearby yha but the other yha had super nasty facilities so stay at this one!

The hostels boasts an amazing location with very friendly staff and a very nice atmosphere. Additionally, the ensuite toilet we had was kept very clean and the room (albeit being rather small) was great to be in. The hostel is situated right next to the famous Hefang street, but a bit of a walk away from the lake. Out of all the hostels we went to during our travel through China this was the most enjoyable stay!

Not much atmosphere, but the staff were helpful.

Amazing location right in the middle of the pedestrian shopping area. Walking distance to West Lake. We rented bikes from the hostel for ¥15 for 5 hours - plenty of time to ride around the whole lake. The staff is very friendly. Wifi worked great in rooms and throughout the property. Absolutely loved this hostel!

So nice, very well located

Nice and clean. Good location.

Its one really nice hostel that i met. They have perfect location, clean the room, friendly and helpful staff.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice place, felt very secure. Clean and in a great area. I was sick and the staff were able to direct us to a local pharmacy. They later checked in on me to make sure I was ok. We rented bicycles from the hostel and I highly recommend visiting Hangzhou on bike!

It was nice hostel in Hangzhou. This hostel is around Dinganload subway station and maybe it take 10mins from there. around the hostel there are so many shops to buy somethings. In the hostel, host is so kind and you can rent the bicycle easily. if you like some flavor of wood. This hostel is perfect. I don't know the exact flavor but in the room, it is filled with nice wood flavor. But, it is not convienient by walking to get the xihu(lake). But if you take a bicycle it is no far from there.

The hostel was very nice, especially the entrance area. The bike that I rented at their place was in a good shape, just a bit small ;) I can strongly recommend that place!

Perfect location!