Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China

internet connection was shaky. great location, nice staff and small room but all i needed. laundry service a . bit pricey (25rmb) but convenient. espresso ridiculous expensive (single espresso more expensive than double espresso at starbucks)

Tatami room was small but nice but a bit dark because of a wall behind thé window ! Nice staff !

Nice hostel about 15mins walk from the west lake. Staff here really went out of their way to be helpful - we needed some train tickets in a hurry and they helped us no end. Quite a lot of bugs in our room and around the door unfortunately but we were given bug refill which kept them away mostly. Overall a nice place to stay.

Hi ,thank you so much for your comment, It is nice that you spent a great time here.Our backyard just face the mountain, that's why our ecological system is too good.Did you have good time in guilin ? Welcome back soon.

I highly recommend this hostel. Stayed 2 nights in single room

Only complaint is that the air conditioning units were all set to 26 degrees. It was a stiflingly hot weekend when I visited and it would have been nicer to be able to cool down in the room. To me, 26 degrees is uncomfortably hot. I appreciated that locker keys were free, as I forgot to bring a lock with me.

Hi ,thanks for your comment, We tried to keep the temperature of air condition around environmental degree. But if it is still hot, we do can lower it a little bit to improve the situation .Welcome back!

Located between the Pedestrian St where most of the shops are and Zhongshan South Road, where there are many street food stalls in the evening. Good walking distance to these places but a bit further away from the West Lake. Most of the staff there are friendly except for one lady who was more interested in tending to her handphone than my queries. Got a private room. Room toilet is decent. The TV was not working well. Don't set the Aircon to too low temp or else it leaks and becomes noisy.

Hi ,thanks for your comment.It is true that our TV would be influenced by weather.We really need to improve ourselves in daily work.Anyway ,welcome next time.

good hostel, I love it, and staff is very kind, especially yong hua sister. she gives excellent service.

no wifi works, neither at the hall or in the room. the speed of PC network was very slow.

Sorry for that, we will try to improve it .

Very good hostel.. only downside is that the staffs are not very friendly and slightly awkward.

Thank you for your comment,we really wanted to make our hostel as comfy as home. But we may not be so considerate to everybody all the time, this is what we need to improve, we really appreciate your review. Anyway ,welcome next time

This was my second time here, last time I stayed in a double private room which was excellent, and this time I stayed in the dorms. the room and the shared toilets and showers were all clean, the bed was comfortable and the room (for 6 people) is not too small. Nice atmosphere at the hostel, nice and helpful staff.

Good place with great location and fairly nice staff BUT the main common area of the hostel is also a cafe/cafeteria so they expect you to leave if you are not consuming anything and other clients come in which is a pretty low blow since you don't have anywhere else to go.

Hi, thank you for your comment. About the communal area, it's actually by the reception. You don't need to consume to sit there. As we also open our cafe to guests who don't stay at our hostel, our rules are similar to other cafes. Hope you can understand :) Wish you a great day.

Good location. Basic room but good value for money. Friendly and helpful staff. Wifi was sometimes difficult to connect to and a little slow at times.

This is an excellent youth hostel. The atmosphere is very relaxed and its easy to find people to chat with if you want. We stayed in the great double rooms on top floor, plainly but nicely decorated and a king size double bed. The roof terrace is nice and the cafes next door is great for a simple breakfast. The best thing about the place is the location though, I think these are the nicest neighborhoods in Hangzhou, walkable to all the things you want to see including West Lake!

The location is great and by bike it is close to the westlake. The shower/toilet were clean, but there was a smell. The staff spoke english and were friendly. The Restaurant was nice and had good food. I eat there three times but two times I didn't get any discount on food. As I asked, the lady said it is only with drinks. The last time I got discount on food. So the staff doesn't seem to have the same knowledge...

thanks for your feedback. About the discount, special price breakfast and some settled price meals won't be given discount. Maybe our staff in the restaurant didn't explain clearly to you. Sorry for the confusion. Wish you a great day :)

Nice Hostel in the old part of Hangzhou. A little far away from the Westlake (20 min walk). Staff seems not be really interested in their job e.g. if you want something at the reception they were really annoyed. The rooftop with the pottery making is really nice, you can also sit and have a drink up there!

Everything was excellent! The hostel was so nice, clean, well-equiped and staff was very helpful. Location couldn't have been more central; perfect!

• 9th May 2014

Thank you so much for your comment. We are happy to know that you and your friend enjoyed your stay at our hostel :) Wish you a great day and welcome back in the future :)

Our 2 bed private room was great - clean bathroom, good air con and elegant decor for a hostel room.

Hi! Thank you for your review. Glad you liked it at our hostel :) Have a great day :)

A lovely and well-designed traditional Chinese building at a great location, right next to some of the main pedestrian shopping streets! I stayed at both the basic and the deluxe double room; they are both wonderful but I actually preferred the basic room since it did have plenty of space to put the luggage and it's easier to get to the bed ;). The staff is sweet and helpful and I loved the cat!

Thanks a lot for your review :) Glad you liked our hostel. Welcome back in the future and have a great day :)

This is a nice hostel with clean beds and good lockers. It's also connected to a little cafe and provides excellent directions to the major sights posted on one of the walls. The staff is helpful and nice. The only minor issue is that the showers are a little difficult.

Thank you for your feedback. We'll keep improving our facility and our service. Welcome back to our hostel if you come to Hangzhou again :) Have a great day :)

The restaurant was great and the 20% discount kept me coming back for more. I would stay here again.

Glad you like our restaurant. Thank you for you review and have a nice day! :)