Hangzhou West Lake Youth House Reviews

No.62-3Nanshan Lu, Hangzhou, Hangzhou, China

The hostel's location is fair, although guests staying in rooms facing south should be warned that the morning calisthenics of the neighboring elementary school and kindergarten will waken all but the heaviest sleepers. Weak points: poor maintenance (no soap or toilet paper in bathrooms; fine for 公厕, not a hostel), poor staff (failed to change already dirty sheets upon request), buggy wifi.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry for the unpleasant things,we will improve that.

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly and helpful. Coffee was great and reasonably priced. However, there needs to be a bit more attention to detail, specifically regular cleaning of the washing machine and dryer and the laptop for guest use hadn't worked for quite a while. On day three when we had a pressing need to use the internet the staff were happy for us to use one of their own machines. The ensuite bathroom and twin bedroom that we booked were very comfortable.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your rate,we will pay moreattention to details,hope you can come back someday.

I had a very nice stay at West Lake Youth House. I'm very pleased with the staff which was very helpful and friendly.

Hello,thank you for the rate,welcome back.

The kindergarden woke me up at 7 o'clock. Some alarm was set for 1 hour.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Firstly thank you for your rate and sorry for the problems here,Hope you can come back someday.

This hostel is right next to the lake but far from food or shopping. If you are happy to walk or catch a bus then it will suit you. Nice cosy rooms.

All receptionists are friendly. I'd specially compliments that one of the staff guy there was very and extremely helpful due to my carelessness on wrong booking date. When arrived, I realised we checked in one day earlier, obviously there were no more room for us to check in last minute. So he helped us to call for other hostels even stand outside together with us to get taxi to other hostel destination. He such an young nice guy I ever met in China even though we travel to many parts of China.

Fantastic place,fantastic staff and hostel

Hello ,looking forward to your visit for the fourth time.

It is a very cozy hostel with a space in fornt to sit and enjoy their meals, which are reasonably priced. Everything was clean and the stuff very helpful and ready, Recommendable!

thank you for you love our hostel ,we wish to see you next time, and we will do better

Overall a cool place to stay. Location is excellent if it is you want to spend most of your time near the west lake. However if you are wanting to party in Hanghzhou, most of the clubs and bars are far away. Saying that taxis are very cheap. Also I thought the spaghetti bolognese portion size was very small. The staff are extremely helpful though and will go out of their way to assist.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

It's very near the west lake.

Really enjoyed my stay. Nice and cozy place with great people. It's fun to stay there and the facilities are fine for this kind of hostel, no complaints at all.

thank you for you love our hostel, welcome to see you next time.and we will do better

Nice 2-floor building with courtyard, dogs, trees and 2 minutes' walk to the lake. Electric kettle in the dorm to cook hot water anytime is a big bonus. Not much eatery nearby is the drawback.

I've been here for two nights and I enjoyed it, for me it was perfect. The staff is extremely friendly and willing to help, I asked them many questions and they always helped me to. The food is also very good. The location is just close to Leifeng Pagoda, 30 mins by walk to the nearest subway. Maybe it's a little bit far from the city itself, but for me it wasn't a problem since I was interested in places just south and south-west of West Lake. I strongly recommend this.

• 21st Jan 2014

thank you for your affirmation of our home, with your support we will do better. welcome to come here again

everything was fine, maybe the heating need to be improved, we spend the nights fighting with the cold without sleeping.

I am so sorry the inconvenience caused to you ,and our heating maybe a bit old. It has no english languges ,but you can tell us, we will be happy to help you to adjust the aircondtion . welcom to come here again ,we will do better

시설은 그닥이지만 나머지는 흠잡을데 없습니다

Indeed it's best place to stay with all the friendly and helpful staffs. thank you

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

I enjoyed staying in west lake hostel as it is very near to the lake as well as the pagoda. The place itself is very cozy and feels as if you are just at home. The room is clean and the staffs are kind and friendly, worth staying!

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Thank you for your rate,welcome back. Lanmei loves you all two.Have a nice trip in China.

Location is good, near west lake and bus station, staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean, my family like it so much, i would definitely recommend.

Thank you for your feedback,welcome back.

Our room wasn't clean. There were things in the drawers, toilet had been used and not even flushed. The shower and shower curtain had mold. The common area's sofas were dirty and smelly. They have the TV on at all times and volume is set high! I still believe the hostel is lovely and I loved staying there. Hopefully they can improve cleaning?!

Really sorry about the mistake we made for your room,the facilities will be improved during this winter,hope you can come back.

of all the 5 hostels I stayed in.this is the one.... bedsheet didn't smell,friendly professional staff,location is nice definitely the right choice to stay in Hangzhou

Thank you for your feedback,hope can see you again sometime.