Hanmer Backpackers Reviews

41 Conical Hill Road, Hanmer Springs, Hanmer Springs, New Zealand

One of the best Hostels I have ever been in...Thank you so much

Yoko and Tristan are wonderful hosts! Thanks for a lovely stay- loved the homely feel to the kitchen and living areas. Thanks so much guys! Lovely lockwood home. Friendly people at the hostel too :)

Very welcoming on arrival and double room with ensuite superb. Hammer Springs is a lovely resort. Will definitely visit again.

Such a wonderful backpackers with many nice people, a great atmosphere and a massage chair!!! I definitely come back! Totally enjoyed my stay :)

• 8th Feb 2015

We really enjoyed our overnight stay here. The hostel is very clean and well laid out - it feels more like a home than a hostel. The facilities are really great, especially loved the outdoor sitting area and we found the 5-bed room very comfortable and suitable for our family.

• 6th Feb 2015

good value for money

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Super friendly and welcoming hosts and staff. Felt right at home and would definitely return in future. Well placed and full of character. Facility to spend time with others or on our own.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I really enjoyed staying at Hanmer Springs Backpackers. Yoko made me feel welcome from the very first moment and she and her husband Tristan are always up for a little chat. The hostel has a great atmosphere, feeling more like a home than a hostel. I really liked the big round dinner table, where people came together to enjoy their meals and actually talk to each other. A definite plus is the massage chair, which is great after hiking up Mt Isobel.

I really felt at home at this hostel. Best one I've been to

• 9th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere! Absolutely love the owners Yoko and Tristan. They made an effort to learn our names and chat to us. Lovely small backpackers feel. Definitely recommend!

Beautiful place, everything clean, very friendly people. I couldn't ask more :-)

Tristan is a fantastic host and very knowledgeable. Overall he was genuine and kind. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and the facilities very clean. The only thing is that wifi access is limited outside the main building, but understood for NZ.

Great spot. Quick stay, would have loved to have stayed longer.

Thanks for the lovely owners for a great stay, they made us feel like home

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Very nice staff!! Easy to find and carpark available.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

What a fantastic place! We stayed at several hostels across the South Island and this was the best by far. An amazing host whom was friendly and informative. The place was warm and cosy. We managed to meet other guests and have some great conversations during our stay. There's a great sense of privacy as well if you want it in the upstairs lounge area. Facilities were great as well. Amazing kitchen, fully decked out pantry including chicken salt!!! I highly recommend.

• 7th Oct 2014