Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Decent location, awesome bunch of people, would recommend to anyone in Hanoi. The travel team are very helpful with suggesting ideas of what to do next around Vietnam. The amount of happy hours and random social gatherings are also very good for anyone who wants to meet people whilst travelling around Vietnam or asia

• 25th Oct 2014

Wifi not working well

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Best hostel I stayed in on my trip. I had gone for a slightly cheaper one in the old quarter for the first few nights in Hanoi but it didn't compare to this. Great atmosphere.

If you wanna make party it is a good choise. For me it was not a good atmosphere, i prefer it more comfortable and not so loud and busy.

Not as impressed with this hostel as I had anticipated- seems it's more hype than substance. Stayed for two nights and ended up moving next door to the hotel which worked out cheaper for a private room with ensuite? Try not to arrive in the evening as it's like a club on the entrance floor, and I wouldn't recommend the 12 bed female dorms- really crampt, so difficult to get bags in the under bed lockers, and the bathroom constantly smelt bad. Amazing atmosphere and location though!

Great party hostel in a great section of the Old Quarter. Atmosphere in the evenings is electric. The music may turn off at 11 but know that this is a party hostel through and through.

One of the better hostels of South East Asia, very profesionally run. It is a party hostel though, so it attracts the usual suspects. Rooms are quite after 11pm though, so enough opportunity to sleep. They offer good western food at reasonable prices too. I avoided their tours since you can get them cheaper somewhere else.

Everything was amazing here, except for the wifi! Would definitely recommend here!

An impressively organised party hostel. Very sociable, with activities organised for guests, from beer pong in the evening to group trips away to Ha Long Bay. The staff are incredibly helpful, answering questions and booking transport, activities or trips free of charge, and generally making our time in Hanoi incredibly easy. Definitely take advantage of the free walking tour on offer. Our guide was very knowledgeable & she gave us a great (free!) introduction to the sight's of Hanoi.

Nice hostel, nice staff, clean enough. Pretty good value for money, but nothing exceptional. I did enjoy that there is a bar on the main floor but that they send people to other places and shut it down by around 11 or 11:30pm so it's quiet enough to sleep. The air con in my room leaked (quite a lot) and left puddles on the floor, but they got it fixed up pretty quickly. Overall, pretty good. Would stay here again.

Good hostel on a good location in Hanoi. Staff is very helpful, the atmosphere is very nice and it's all clean. Although it's one of the more expensive hostels in Vietnam, I would recommend staying here.

I've been staying in this hostel for two different night in different days, due another trip in the middle. The hostel is a huge building downtown with a great social life and great common spaces. The first time I've slept in a common room, with nice bed, safe secure locks and clean bed sheets and clean common bathrooms.

loved this place, great atmosphere and staff are excellent!

The hostel and the staff are good, it's just a shame about hanoi. There's not much to do other than the trips to halong bay and sapa. Plus my friend had her passport and wallet stolen in the street. Be careful.

Great location with lots of restaurant, shopping and travel agencies on the same street! Great for a solo traveller (like me) as I was able to be social and mingle or be alone if I wanted to. They also organize a lot of trips (Sapa Valley is a must!). The only downside was the bathroom plumbing kind of smells but that might just be the city's architecture. Would definitely recommend this hostel for no frills travellers who are looking to socialize and a budget stay.

• 1st Sep 2014

This is a party hostel. If that's what you're looking for, you won't find anything better. If you're looking for a smaller, quieter hostel. Look elsewhere. Otherwise, the staff is good and the facilities are nice. The beds were very comfortable.

A corporate machine. The hostel was extremely clean, had an awesome atmosphere and was located right in the middle of old town. Only negative is the dorms are big and I felt slightly pressured into booking tours from the hostel ( which are overpriced- just go down the road to a travel agency)

The only thing letting this place down is the staff. Some are fantastic, but others are just downright rude and unhelpful. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

worth a stay if you wanna party and meet anyone backpacking in hanoi

We had an excellent stay here. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel welcome and helped us with an immediate problem we had. The rooms we stayed in were clean and spacious and each bed had a large locker. The atmosphere is great - definitely a party hostel. We'd stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5