Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Couldn't really fault it- free beer on Sunday afternoons, huge lockers to keep everything safe, really good location, and the free breakfast is a nice added bonus! Would definitely recommend.

This place is in a great location! Great crowd, great staff! Stayed in a private room for one night and a dorm for the second...either of which are great! If you are travelling solo and need to meet people...this is the place to be!

• 21st Jan 2015

Best Hostel I have ever stayed in! Great atmosphere and cool people.

This is definitely a party hostel, but the facilities and staff are all great - can't complain about anything. The luggage storage is the most secure I've ever seen so you can leave stuff here while you to go Ha Long Bay. I recommend heading to the right up the street to Friends Travel for booking your Ha Long Bay trips or taxi cabs, you can save a good bit of money this way (also delicious breakfast!).

Good social atmosphere, clean facilities, staff are very helpful and it's a great place to find out about the activities that can be done around Hanoi.

Ok hostel if u don't mind being fleeced while your there! Kitchen and food is by far the worst I have ever tasted. Tours and transfers very expensive taxi from airport is cheaper than their pick up service should only cost max us15 not the 20-25 they suggest on their site. Check in takes forever.

This is a really good hostel with a great wibe! :) Perfect place to meet other backpackers!

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

I stayed here for 2 nights on my arrival to hanoi. If you like a western drunk party then this is the place for you - the lobby is a bar. It was too loud and too 'Oceania' for me. The worst thing was that on the first night I woke up (I am not kidding here) with over 300 bed bug bites - legs arms forehead stomach back feet hands. There were 30 on my left hand alone. They did not offer me any money back or to do my washing but I did switch beds and rooms. Who knows if they cleaned it....

Everything was great, the cast away your was amazing. Only problem was some of the Vietnamese girl staff were very rude to us, we were sitting having drinks and dinner doing a pub quiz and we have finish our dinner but we had half full drink all on the table we went two seconds to smoke they threw all our drinks out and we're having dinner on our table and when we came back and asked if we could sit back down to finish the pub quiz they just laughed at us and didn't move. So we had to stand up.

Great time great party. Very clean very fun for a single traveler. Props to Joel, Janek, Josh and Paul

Worst place I have stayed. One guy peed in the dorm room. Asked security to sort it out. They cleaned it up and let him stay another night! On a different evening people copulating etc. Gave feedback but staff uninterested just said to fill out a feedback form. Breakfast alright though and staff generally very nice. Social place but don't stay if you have a minimum standard of self respect.

• 5th Jan 2015

The only hostel I've ever given 100% across! Ive traveled a lot, this is the best hostel! I was there 4 years ago (just opened) and had an amazing time (halong tour, snake eating, beer pong etc). To the owners Mark&Johannes: compared with 4y ago, this time it was in slightly worse condition (bed lights creaky etc). Mark&Johannes are extremely useful, friendly and knowledgeable, but the Vietnamese staff is useless and the breakfast counter ladies are very rude. Viet. staff was much better 4y ago.

Loud at night through party people in front of the hostel!

This was my first time at this kind of backpackers hostel and it wasn't really my scene. As a lone backpacker I found it a little overwhelming and it was definitely not the greatest choice for my first night in Hanoi being super jetlagged. If I had been with friends I think this would have been way more fun, but alone I felt pretty awkward.

This hostel is so great and vibrant ! Great location and great staff and people! You should definitly go there if u r looking for a place to stay in hanoi , i really loved it , just take care that there are other "backpacker" hostels as well in hanoi as the "original" backpacker which is another branch of this hostel so if u r booking with someone make sure u book the same hostel as they have the same names :D enjoy ur stay in that great place !

The lock box was broken so I used my mates as the key didn't work. They staff member who was from Canada was a bit drunk when I check in. Didn't really give a tour or explain much. Just took us up to the room and left. The sheets were not clean either having stains. It a party hostel for sure but was really loud when trying to check in.The bar area is pretty cool and you can meet other backpackers easily to socialize with. The breakfast included is really good though.

Awesome hostel, something going on every night and plenty of people to go out with. Also, the walking tour hits some of the tourist highlights. The castaways trip to Halong Bay is a bunch of fun.... but basically just an excuse to drink on a small island. Book your tour through another agency if you're looking for the picture perfect version.

I didn't like this hostel. Looks like a fabric so big. And very noisy. It is full of drunk party people. Rooms are small(stayed in a 6 beddorm)

Best stay at the Hanoi Downtown Backpackers! Spent Christmas Day there and had the best Christmas Day to date! Staff are helpful and outgoing!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

One of The Best Backpackers I have ever stayed In! Great Location, Regular social events, have decent food and drinks, Good shared bathrooms and door rooms. Book the Cast away tour to Ha Long Bay through the backpackers you will not regret it !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4