Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great hostel, fantastic social atmosphere and right in the centre of Hanoi. Would not stay anywhere else!

Fun, lively, bustling hostel! Lots of travelers and great social atmosphere. Free breakfast. Rooms are clean, though my "locker" doesn't lock and you can't use your own lock. Booked Ha Long Bay and Sapa tours with them, and although more expensive than others, they were great experiences. I will be returning there for 3 more nights. Wifi is very shaky throughout the building. No quiet common areas - even in the 5th floor "lounge." Fun parties at night. Close to everything.

Absolutely loved it.Great Breakfast, also other food was good. Extremely helpful staff. Offer some awesome tours where you get what you pay for. The Sapa trip was my favorite!

Lockers were poor as well as the internet connection. But everything from that flawless! They have really nice organized tours for a good price as well!

Initially got delayed in arriving due to my flight, when I did arrive after midnight the staff were great in getting me booked in and sorted and as I'd missed my pickup, they organised for me not to be charged for it! Also the staff were great at showing you things to do in the city and surrounds, plus the tours they organise are great! Perhaps a little more expensive than elsewhere, but you get what you pay for which is a fantastic, memorable time!

This is a guest house for party. The noise from downsrairs bothers your sleep.

I loved staying here and loved how easy it was to meet other travelers. It was great fun, and when I didn't want to go out or party, it was pretty quiet on my floor which was nice. The only problem was that the bathrooms in the 12 bed female dorm was not clean at all... I know it has to do with so many people using them, but it could have been maintained better. 1 room for single night guests would be a great idea, since we were woken up most mornings by people leaving early who just checked in

• 25th Apr 2014

Best backpackers i have stayed at on entire trip through Vietnam! Great location, food, vibe, staff and people staying there are not all a bunch of youngsters who wants to get drunk - great for young adults too!!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Pretty nice and cheap bachpacker hostel. Easy to meet other travellers. But the private rooms are too expensive. So better stay in one of the surrounding hotels and use the bar of the backpacker hostel.

Amazing hostel. Good party. Great to meet other travelers. Lots of restaurants and bars close by.

The hostel is really good!!! There's something to do everyday, a lot of foreigners, the staff is great and the hostel tours work perfect. 10/10

We had a great stay here it's a fantastic hostel for either partying in or relaxing with the big TV room. Things in general cost a little more because they could. The amount of showers and toilets on each floor was great you never had to wait. Our room was ok, it didn't particullay have a clean feeling it smelt a bit and the sheets felt greasy. I had to have a shower as soon as I woke up because I felt disgusting!

Had the best time here. The staff are very welcoming as soon as you check in and did the castaway tour to halong bay which was great. The best thing about this hostel is the bar. It seems like every backpacker in hanoi is there in the evenings so its a great place to start a night!

Ok if you are into partying, drinking . Not ok if you want to have some sleep after the party. Staff was very helpful.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Excellent hostel. Very clean and provide you with everything you need. Just be aware that this is a party hostel with a generally younger crowd. Do not go there if you are planning to chill out.

Awesome Hostel! Great vibe and atmosphere! Great night life but also a nice chilling out area where it's quiet and relaxed! Great place to meet people and lots of trips you can go on! Highly recommend!

Amazing accommodation and cheap!! Staff and guests so friendly.

• 14th Apr 2014

While I didn't find the atmosphere was "crazy", I really liked it! The big tables downstairs are good for socializing, the bar is packed at night, there is a definite laid-back feeling in the way the area is designed and it's all very welcoming. For those who are not into boozing and partying, no worries: there is a more chill-out area upstairs and I had no problem with noise in any of the rooms I've stayed! Facility-wise, the en-suite bathroom in female dorms is amazingly big and noise-proof!

We had to cancel and they were really understanding and thoughtful!

Lovely hostel, very busy, very hospitable staff and helpful.