Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Fantastic hostel - friendly staff and great free breakfast. Each evening the bar is buzzing, but closes at 11pm so if you want to sleep early you can. Would highly recommend if you want a buzzy time in Hanoi with other like minded party goers!

Good backpackers hostel for those looking for a good fun time! Only problem was the level 5 chill out area was sooo hot, the internet was regularly down and the bar/food prices were quite expensive compared with other places! But fun staff, fun atmosphere!

Upside: Great location, great atmosphere, great meeting point. Buffallo Run with Joel was brilliant! Downside: Castaway was a disappointment. There's a time and place for getting smashed drunk at 11am and for me its not when your sailing through such a gorgeous natural landscape. I want to enjoy it and not have some idiot guide shouting buffalo at me when I forget to not drink with my right hand at 11am in the day. Big fan of drinking games normally but the guide was a moron.

• 5th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I booked a tour to haling bay (castaway) and sa pa. From your office you told me you could rent proper trekking shoes from sapa, but there was only sneakers and almost all of them were broken in one way or another.. and have people done saps who recommend it? For me you told that its ok to do haling bay first and then saps straight away.. Halong bay is 24 h drinking games and saps trek was quite hard.. almost everyone in my group were having hard times with trekking and i did it after castaway..

Some of the lock doors beneath the beds did not lock or were broken.

You walk in here and it's a mass chaos of 18-21 yr olds...but it's organised chaos! This place is a massive one stop shop for everything- tours, food, drink, pool table and they run it pretty tight. May be off putting for people looking for a more relaxed or intimate atmosphere (or if you've come from halong as I did!) as it's just so big, noisy (downstairs) and the staff look run off their feet but the dorm rooms are pretty quiet. Very clean and well maintained.

CAN NOT FAULT THIS HOSTEL. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, lovely dorms and bathrooms, great atmosphere.... The list goes on! The staff are very keen to ensure that we are safe when out an about in the city and provide all the help and advice you could possibly wish for. Stay here!! You will not regret it!!

Great hostel, fantastic social atmosphere and right in the centre of Hanoi. Would not stay anywhere else!

Fun, lively, bustling hostel! Lots of travelers and great social atmosphere. Free breakfast. Rooms are clean, though my "locker" doesn't lock and you can't use your own lock. Booked Ha Long Bay and Sapa tours with them, and although more expensive than others, they were great experiences. I will be returning there for 3 more nights. Wifi is very shaky throughout the building. No quiet common areas - even in the 5th floor "lounge." Fun parties at night. Close to everything.

Absolutely loved it.Great Breakfast, also other food was good. Extremely helpful staff. Offer some awesome tours where you get what you pay for. The Sapa trip was my favorite!

Lockers were poor as well as the internet connection. But everything from that flawless! They have really nice organized tours for a good price as well!

Initially got delayed in arriving due to my flight, when I did arrive after midnight the staff were great in getting me booked in and sorted and as I'd missed my pickup, they organised for me not to be charged for it! Also the staff were great at showing you things to do in the city and surrounds, plus the tours they organise are great! Perhaps a little more expensive than elsewhere, but you get what you pay for which is a fantastic, memorable time!

This is a guest house for party. The noise from downsrairs bothers your sleep.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »