Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Original Reviews

48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Typical hostel you would expect. It is nice and clean and the rooms are a decent size. It all feels a bit fake though, definitely does not feel like you are in the middle of Hanoi.

• 19th Nov 2014

Brilliant

Decent place to stay with lots of stuff to do here. Quieter than the Downtown Hostel if you want more people and more of a party. Free beer on Sunday is a winner 👍

Mild smell in our room wasn't pleasant, but all in all a good deal. Lively atmosphere. Good free walking tour to get a better idea of the city.

• 3rd Nov 2014

All Good!! Excellent place to meet people and get some great westerm food into you when you have the craving!

Great hostel. Very social, although not as party party as their sister hostel. Cleaners always seem to he cleaning, so they clearly take pride in that. Good location in the old quarter. Definitely recommend for a solo traveller!

The dorm very expensive, the bed not really clean and very smelly . They were very pushy to sell their tour

Good staff, aircon, wifi, lockers, computers, food u can order-- its good becuz its not as party crazy so u can get sleep. But it has a great backpacker/meeting other travellers atmosphere. Other ppl i met wish they were at this hostel instead of theirs! Its also. Ear the airport shuttles.

This is definitely a party hostel so be aware of that when you book! Everyone is really helpful and friendly, everything is clean and it's close to a lot of great sights. The rooftop bar is awesome too and a great place to meet people, but you may regret stepping up there when you find yourself with a hangover for the seventh day in a row - pace yourself.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Nice stay, good midway between party and rest. there is a roof terrace to drink a beer and have some fun and after the pub crawl starts at 21:30 the hostel gets it's rest. so you can choose to go along or just stay at the hostel.

Really good hostel for meeting people, very sociable. Let me leave my bag while I went to ha long bay even though I went with another tour company. Overall a very professionally run hostel which ticks all the boxes

If you're looking for a more chill, quieter hostel tucked away in Hanoi, then I'd recommend this over downtown but I wish I picked downtown. However, the staff was incredible and friendly and helped me out of a scam situation. The vibe is very relaxed, food is great, a little far for walking around to get to places. Rooms were made everyday but I woke up to cockroaches on my bed and all over the bathroom every morning. Air con wasn't working and wasn't fixed. Need to bug the place!

Best decision ever! The staff were friendly, location was superb and shopping is so easy, I could literally walk next door to get my vegetarian lunch.

The hostel is in a great location with good street food all around and in a central location between the centre of Old Quarter and the other attractions in Hanoi like the museums. It has great atmosphere, great staff and great guests! [A Japanese guest was playing beautiful piano music on their piano in the lobby when we were there]. Well organized hostel, with popular, established extras like tours, drinks bar, laundry, etc. We would come back again the next time we're in Hanoi.

This is definitely a party hostel. Take that as you will. I'm not a huge fan of the party atmosphere when I'm traveling solo, and that seems to be almost the exclusive domain of this hostel. Nightly bar crawls, alcohol-soaked tour packages, etc. Not for me. The lock on my underbed storage was broken, and the staff did not address it. Also, the aircon very frequently cut out in the night, as did the electricity. Only one shower for two floors. For the price, I cannot recommend it.

We had a fantastic time. We booked the private 3 bedroom for us 3 travelers. Good AC and fan in the room. Also had a fantastic trip doing the Halong Bay and Castaways Island. Would definitely visit again!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great hostel, hanoi backpackers downtown is in the better location though as it is a 15/20min walk there. Most of the markets tend to be around the downtown one as well. Food and drinks at the hostel were really good and responsibly prices Great hostel, english speak reps were extremely helpful and friendly. Cast away run by hanoi backpackers is a really good trip, however very overpriced for what it is. Get the free bus to the garden party one of the best nights out in vietnam (sat eve it think

GREAT HOSTEL. So clean, so safe, amazing atmosphere, great staff - overall we had an incredible experience.

Bit of a party hostel - greast for if you're travelling alone because the staff will include you and invite you to things. Staff helpful in booking day trips, if a little pushy about their own offer. (We did the 'quieter' trip to halopng bay and the staff weren't encouraging about us picking this option, but it ended up being really good. They very much pushed the'party boat' which was full ofpeople in their early 20s just out to get wasted.) Breakfast included nice, rooms hjad very good aircon

Loved this Hostel! Very fun and also relaxed atmosphere, and everything was very organized. Also, did the tour with Sapa and had a wonderful time. Thank you Hanoi Backpackers Original Hostel !

• 2nd Aug 2014