Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Original Reviews

48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

The hostel is in a great location with good street food all around and in a central location between the centre of Old Quarter and the other attractions in Hanoi like the museums. It has great atmosphere, great staff and great guests! [A Japanese guest was playing beautiful piano music on their piano in the lobby when we were there]. Well organized hostel, with popular, established extras like tours, drinks bar, laundry, etc. We would come back again the next time we're in Hanoi.

This is definitely a party hostel. Take that as you will. I'm not a huge fan of the party atmosphere when I'm traveling solo, and that seems to be almost the exclusive domain of this hostel. Nightly bar crawls, alcohol-soaked tour packages, etc. Not for me. The lock on my underbed storage was broken, and the staff did not address it. Also, the aircon very frequently cut out in the night, as did the electricity. Only one shower for two floors. For the price, I cannot recommend it.

We had a fantastic time. We booked the private 3 bedroom for us 3 travelers. Good AC and fan in the room. Also had a fantastic trip doing the Halong Bay and Castaways Island. Would definitely visit again!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great hostel, hanoi backpackers downtown is in the better location though as it is a 15/20min walk there. Most of the markets tend to be around the downtown one as well. Food and drinks at the hostel were really good and responsibly prices Great hostel, english speak reps were extremely helpful and friendly. Cast away run by hanoi backpackers is a really good trip, however very overpriced for what it is. Get the free bus to the garden party one of the best nights out in vietnam (sat eve it think

GREAT HOSTEL. So clean, so safe, amazing atmosphere, great staff - overall we had an incredible experience.

Bit of a party hostel - greast for if you're travelling alone because the staff will include you and invite you to things. Staff helpful in booking day trips, if a little pushy about their own offer. (We did the 'quieter' trip to halopng bay and the staff weren't encouraging about us picking this option, but it ended up being really good. They very much pushed the'party boat' which was full ofpeople in their early 20s just out to get wasted.) Breakfast included nice, rooms hjad very good aircon

Loved this Hostel! Very fun and also relaxed atmosphere, and everything was very organized. Also, did the tour with Sapa and had a wonderful time. Thank you Hanoi Backpackers Original Hostel !

• 2nd Aug 2014

This is my second trip to Vietnam, last time I stayed in the other Hanoi Backpackers. This one in comparison is not as clean and not as nice an atmosphere as the downtown hostel but it was nice enough. The breakfast was good. My bedroom didn't have a window and smelt stale. the shower was a shower over the bath but had no hook so I had to hold it over me to wash. Fresh off the plane, had to carry my bags up to my room on 5th floor. No staff offered to help, but they were very nice otherwise.

Good place,They do not change all of the bedding between guests.more expensive with other hostels

A really nice place, especially when you travel alone, it's very easy to meet other backpacker's. The food is really good and the staff is kind and helpfull!

• 7th Jul 2014

Good hostel, great bunkbeds and plug sockets by your bed. Good fan/air conditioned rooms. Atmosphere and location are much better at the Downtown hostel so i recommend there over this one.

This is a full on party hostel. If that's what you're into, you have come to the right place. They have two locations and the downtown one (10 minute walk away) is even crazier. They make everyone be quiet after 10pm in the original so you could get a good night sleep if you wanted. The staff are really wild and friendly. Despite being such a party place, they manage to keep it really clean. And free breakfast and water. Can't beat that.

Get your ass to this hostel. Party every day and it's central location makes getting around a breeze. Great restaurants all up and down the street too!!!

Great place, clean, really good emplacement! The pub crawl was great

Awesome hostel, staff were so helpful!! Would reccomend it and the other hostels they have

• 27th May 2014

Good breakfast and great service. Staff were great in helping me with my every need from booking a taxi to the airport. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Everything was good. The staffs were efficient but not that nice. Great free breakfast. Good place to meet other backpackers but the tour fee is very expensive. Just book from the next door travel agent

Stay here for the great downstairs area, with good food and perfect for meeting travelers. The travel desk' staff was very helpful and friendly, and not pushy at all for tours (didn't book any). There are different types of rooms, mine was at best average: small, no windows, damp smell and just a shower room on the same floor (no toilet). Very slow wifi during peak times.

This hostel was fairly good. The room I booked was advertised as 8 bedrooms, however it actually contained 10, which is a lot for one bathroom. The WiFi also did not work in the rooms or most of the ground floor area. The hostel is very clean and modern, however.

This place is good for the social aspect if you want to meet others and the staff friendly. But not the best hostel I've stayed in. Cold showers everyday, cochroaches in the room and one night I saw a rat running around the ground level.