Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - Original Reviews

48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

This hostel was fairly good. The room I booked was advertised as 8 bedrooms, however it actually contained 10, which is a lot for one bathroom. The WiFi also did not work in the rooms or most of the ground floor area. The hostel is very clean and modern, however.

This place is good for the social aspect if you want to meet others and the staff friendly. But not the best hostel I've stayed in. Cold showers everyday, cochroaches in the room and one night I saw a rat running around the ground level.

1st floor bath on the back block has a not functional water heater.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Great place. Friendly staff and good location. Large and clean rooms. Good social area upstairs with a bar etc that closes at 9:30 so if you do want to get an early night you still can (unlike the downtown location that has a full blown club downstairs). Easy booking facilities for lots of trips. Lots of cafe's etc around, definitely recommend.

It's probably the closest thing to a westernized hostel, but I think I had bed bugs. I have now returned home and have itchy red spots everywhere. One of our 2 rooms smelled quite bad despite having the windows open and one of those showers didn't have hot water. The tour I booked through them was great, slightly more expensive but I was completely worth it!

Hostel with very good facilities. You have a large locker for your backpack and a small one where you can charge your phone while it's locked away. The toilet and shower where clean and modern, there was always hot water. The atmosphere is good. You can party on the rooftop, but it's also fine if you want to sleep at 10pm. You will hear some music, but not too loud.

Great hostel to stay in if you're looking for other travellers, mainly young though. Dorm rooms are clean with ensuite bathrooms, big lockers for your backpack and a small locker on the wall for your valuables. I booked a 8 female dorm and got 10 mixed but didn't complain since it was only for one night. Breakfast is included and basic but ok. There's a pub crawl every night which goes to the hostels downtown location and some other places for a good party!

Great value for money

• 14th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

This is a great place to stay. In fact I have stayed there before and loved it so much I wanted to go back

• 12th Apr 2014