Hanoi Culture Hostel Reviews

28 Bat Su Str, Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I was originally booked in for a 4 bed f/dorm but upon check in was moved to a 6 bed f/dorm in a separate building down the road (Hanoi City Bacpackers) also owned by Culture Hostel. Apart from this the service and friendliness of this hostel is IMPECCABLE. They helped me to organize my Sapa trek, Halong Bay Cruise and onward travel to Phong Nha. I was able to store luggage, use their staff shower facilities and was even picked up at 430am from one trip and allowed to sleep on their benches!

Best hostel we stayed at in Hanoi. We were greeted with juice and fruit, and the friendly helpful staff take your bags for you. We shared a 4 bed dorm and the bunk beds quite big and fairly soft. Better then most places we stayed. We had some problems with our sink which leaked everywhere and they had no problems switching rooms for us. The breakfast was great too! Highly recommend!

Very friendly staff in decent hostel.

Culture Hostel by far was one of the best places I've ever stayed. Not for the rooms or atmosphere (although both were good), but because of the staff. The staff at Culture Hostel went out of their way to help my friends and I. They helped us book Halong Bay and Ha Giang. In Hanoi, we had a situation occur, and the staff went above and beyond to resolve it. I've never been treated so well by a hostel or hotel's staff as I was treated at Culture Hostel. Totally worth the money.

Excellent staff, friendly, helpful. in an excellent location. Amazing free breakfast bananna pancakes 5 star. Room was so clean and was cleaned everyday! Location is great. 5 mins walk to nightmarket and easy to find good food nearby. The wifi was also excellent. Theyre also travel agents so we book trips with them. Made our stay in Hanoi perfect.

Incredibly helpful staff, really went out of their way for us. They gave us an excellent price on a Halong Bay trip. It was 30% cheaper than booking directly with the tour company. Nice place to stay.

Great service and very clean and nice dorms.

• 16th Oct 2015

Had a great stay before leaving Vietnam. The staff was friendly and welcoming.

Upon check in we were greeted with a banana and some juice and advised that the booking they had received was for a 4 bed dorm and not 2 separate bedrooms. They offered us the choice of which one we would like, the dorm being slightly cheaper. We stuck with the 2 bed rooms and the rooms we received were lovely. We booked a taxi to the airport and, due to the early departure (6am) the staff had prepared us a breakfast of toast, jam and banana to take away with.

Excellent hotel, the staff couldn't help enough and booked a halong bay tour with extra nights on Cat Ba Island for us. Due to illness we tried to extend our stay and the hotel was full but we were given two sister hotel options and they offered to take us to see the rooms before we decided. Also carried our bags to the new hotel which was much appreciated.

Great, safe hotel with clean and comfy rooms. Mr. Nguyen Thi at the front desk was really helpful in booking my bus tickets out of Hanoi and suggested good restaurants. Breakfast options were tasty. highly recommended.

The staff at this hostel were all extremely friendly and helpful. We were upgraded on our first night to a nice room in another hotel but the quality was great. I would recommend this to everyone. It's great value for money.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. When my friend and I first arrived, the staff apologetically told us that the air conditioning in our room didn't work. They broke the news to us after serving us cold lemonade, and they told us that they made arrangements for us to stay at a hotel nearby. When we checked into the hostel the next day after the air conditioning had been fixed, we were pleased to see that our room was both clean and big.

amazing. the rooms are spotless and the staff are so helpful couldnt have asked for anything more!!

• 27th Jul 2015

We stayed a total of 3 nights and booked a halong bay tour through the hostel. The staff was very kind and helpfull in providing all kinds of information and travel planning. The name says hostel but is definetely more hotel service with hostel prices. The tour we booked through them to ha long bay 1 night/2 days with v spirit cruise was amazing. A bit expensive but definetely worth our money. Location is great, if we are ever back in hanoi we'll definetely stay here again.