9.5
Superb 46 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 46 Total Reviews
Hanoi Guest House Ma May Located at 85 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem, , Hanoi.
Vietnam
Hanoi 1000 85 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem
95% 46
21.0342987 105.8535075
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Jan 2017

Really enjoyed our stay here. Right in the centre of the old quarter of Hanoi. Staff are lovely and very helpful and great for recommendations about things to do for the day and will help organise tours. Breakfast is delicious, with heaps to choose from. Stayed in the Superior Deluxe room which was huge and really good value for money.

• TARYNKETTLE
  • South Africa, Female, 31-40
4th Jan 2017

I absolutely love this place. The staff are amazing. So amazing it feels like home. It is good value for money and you're treated like gold here. I can't wait to visit again. Thank you Hanoi Guest House Ma May, you made our stay worth visiting. I highly recommend it.

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Dec 2016

We checked in around 1pm with a lovely Vietnamese lady who spoke good English. Room was exactly how it looked in pictures. Beds were clean and comfy, bathroom had an actual bathtub (this is rare for hostels/B&B type places) and it had all the essentials you require. Even an iron on request. Free breakfast. Coffee was so strong...you've been warned. It'll keep up awake for a good few hours. There was a slight mix up with the orders at breakfast but sorted straight away. Overall a great place.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Dec 2016

I loved my stay at Hanoi Guesthouse. The staff were very friendly and helped me to arrange my day trip to Ninh Binh. However, my room must have had an ant problem because I kept finding ants all over the bathroom sink and floor both nights that I stayed there. That being said, the staff was very apologetic when I told them about it and even offered me a partial refund. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a hotel on a budget.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
4th Dec 2016

This review is for old quarter view hostel, because ma may guesthouse doesn't have dorms. That was the only thing I got angry about, because no one told me when I arrived that I have to go to another please. Just hours later as I wanted to check in, they told me...really weird...But luckily old view quarter hostel was amazing. Good breakfast. Nice atmosphere, chilled atmosphere, nice people and friendly staff, clean rooms.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

This was actually OUR home away from home. We borderline became residents extending our stay 3 times! They did everything in their power to help with anything we needed, had the best recommendations, stored our luggage, breakfast was AMAZING... Overall one of the host "hostels" I've stayed at on my journey, and reasonably priced for private ensuites!

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

This is a treasure to Hanoi! Our flight was delayed yet they still ensured we had a taxi there to pick us up, every single member of staff was genuine and always had a smile on their face. Room was fantastic, they helped us get out to halong bay for a day, recommended activities and made our stay absolutely fantastic! It's right in the centre of the party scene yet the hostel itself doesn't have a party scene but that makes it all that better to sleep in peace! You'd be stupid not to stay here!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2016

This hotel is fantastic! The staff are friendly and professional. The room was clean, comfortable and modern. Our flight to Hanoi was delayed by 8 hours and the staff easily accommodated our airport pick up and check in after 23:00. The location is perfect, close to everything cool about the Old Quarter. There is a full selection of fresh fruit and an entire menu of cooked dishes to choose from for breakfast. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone travelling to Hanoi.

• laure_fabre2496
  • France, Female, 31-40
4th Aug 2016

Great location in Hanoi, very nice hotel and very friendly staff. They organized my trips to Halong Bay and Sapa in a very efficient way. I could change my initial booking to adapt to these trips and I could shower, have breakfast and rest between them. I highly recommend this hotel, with very good value for money too!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
31st Jul 2016

Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are very clean. Location is great.