Hanoi Hostel on Hang Vai Reviews

32 Hang Vai Str, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam

After a hideous first hostel experience, Hanoi hostel was a breath of fresh air. The staff were incredibly accomodating. The dorm rooms were clean and the free breakfast and free beer were definite draws. I went to Halong Bay for 3 nights and they were more than willing to let me leave my big backpack with them and to let me chill at their hostel whilst waiting for the train to Hue. Recommended.

Perfect location very good staff and really exceeded my expectations.

The staff was really friendly and helpfull! We booked a tour through them to halong bay and that was very well organised! Only the bus was very small, even for me and i am only 168. The scooter that we rented was not filled with gas like they said so we were out of gas in the middle of the road...also the it had difficulties with starting so it had to been done by foowhen we came back to the hostel they told us to talk with the compagnie, but nothing was arranged until we asked again. So check y

• 1st Dec 2013

Great stay and lovely staff, Need to sort out their big dorm as too much noise from the road. Maybe some proper air con so the balcony door stays shut?

The staff was very good even though they push you too much for the tours that were at a very good price, that's it. Rooms were dirty, and so was the bathroom, not a nice atmosphere and didn't really feel comfortable.

If you are looking for a no-frills yet adequate place to stay in Hanoi, then look no further than Hanoi Hostel. Aptly located in the heart of city, HH provided the kind of hospitality that one would probably only expect to receive from swanky hotels. Rooms were spick and span. No problems getting a good night's rest. Tour prices were also very competitive. Did the Sapa and Halongbay tour and realised that I paid much lower than the others. Most imptly, the staff were exceptional!

• 31st Oct 2013