Hanoi Hostel on Hang Vai Reviews

32 Hang Vai Str, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Good breakfast, great atmosphere. Recommended.

Good sized rooms, clean big bathrooms. Our air on didn't really work correctly nor did the fan. Wifi did not work anywheres in the hostel other then right in front of the front desk. Good value but so many other places to stay that has better atmosphere. Did have lots of different fresh fruit for breakfast which was awesome.

• 11th Jun 2014

It's in the old quarter, they have computers for guests to use, it's a quiet environment and the price is low. The breakfast isn't very good but it's included. If you want to party go to backpackers down the road.

• 10th Jun 2014

Stayed in dorm 1- the beds and floor were quite dirty. There were clean sheets The bathroom needed a good clean. I stayed for 4 nights-the first two nights I was savaged by bed bugs-I moved beds and thinks improved slightly To be fair the staff were helpful about this, but still I was complelty covered in bed big bites.

Had some issues with the bed lockers not locking properly but I'm not used to being able to lock up my stuff anyway so I wasn't worried about it and all my stuff was safe. There were tons of fruit flies in the shower, but they dispersed when you took a shower so no big deal there either. This hostel is a terrific value. Only $5/night, breakfast included, and free beer at the Hang Ma location every day from 6pm-7pm! $12 ride to and from the airport. Great location in the old quarter!

The girls at the front desk are amazing sources of information. They set me up with all of my tours and a free walking tour. I was the only one staying for a couple of nights so they made me a nice breakfast and suggested things that I do during my stay. The bathroom in the dorm is not very clean (although they mop it a couple of times a day). I had a cockroach run out from under the broken tile in the bathroom while showering. However, my stay here was very comfortable and would reccomend.

For the price paid I think it was fine. It was clean but the toilet had a smell which I guess is normal in old buildings. The room was clean and breakfast was included in the price which I think was a good value for money (not a big thing but the dorms aren't expensive). If traveling to Cat Ba go to the bus station directly to avoid the one that they sell which include an entrance fee to the island that wasn't never mentioned when buying the ticket at the station and wasn't need it at all.

Very helpful and friendly staff!

After a hideous first hostel experience, Hanoi hostel was a breath of fresh air. The staff were incredibly accomodating. The dorm rooms were clean and the free breakfast and free beer were definite draws. I went to Halong Bay for 3 nights and they were more than willing to let me leave my big backpack with them and to let me chill at their hostel whilst waiting for the train to Hue. Recommended.