Hanoi Hostel Reviews

91C Hang Ma str, Hoan Kiem Dis, Hanoi, Vietnam

Solid hostel- one of the best I have stayed at in Asia. Helpful staff, good location, clean, and not too loud. Would definitely stay there again. Was disappointed by the2D1N Halong Bay tour, though. We did the Monkey Island tour, and our room was full of cockroaches, sheets were dirty and stained (blood). The food and staff on the tour were great, though. A bit overpriced I found, though, and rushed. Aside from the that tour, the hostel itself was great.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Hanoi Hostel and appreciate your kind positive reviews. Regarding your complaint, we are sorry that the accommodation for your Halong Day tour did not meet your expectations. As the vendor, we have forwarded your complaint to the relevant cruise operator so that they will be able to make corrective actions to improve their service immediately. Thank you once again for giving us a chance to serve you & we hope to see you soon

A little out of the way of the main old quarter bit but after walking around there I was glad not to be in the middle of it. Room is spacious, lockers under the bed. Bathroom is tiny and is not the cleanest but more than bearable. Only allowed the air con on from 5pm but until you ask for it, it won't be put on. Excellent travel tour services, I recommend the dragon cruise in halong bay and the hostel let me store my luggage whilst away. Lot's of other travellers around to meet.

Hostel has small rooms and not all staff does speak English very well. Beds are comfy and location is good.

Decent enough for a short stay. Good location. Booked a halong bay tour through them. They weren't able to provide any real detail about the tour but it worked out well in the end. 3 days, 2 nights, monkey island boat/resort. Would recommend. Other tours going to monkey island on different boats didn't have such good feedback.

Clean, solid bet for the budget. Don't expect anything fancy but it gets the job done. Good location for the price, and nice rooftop. The staff, especially Tran (a lovely local girl) were friendly and helpful.

It's a really nice place, the staff is excellent, especially Uyen! Thanks for all, breakfast and beer free were the best things!

Fun party hostel, beds are clean and there are lockers for all your valuables.

Nice small hostel in the middle of the Old Quarter. Free beer on the rooftop is so good. It's not the cleanest I've ever seen but I was never uncomfortable. I liked the purple walls and the dorms, I met loads of people.

Close to main streets in old quarter, awesome breakfast- eggs made for you when you arrive, you make your own toast with butter and there's coffee or tea to drink. The manager is very sweet and informative. Would stay here again...I just wish all girls were cleaner!!! girls bathrooms are disgusting sometimes to even walk in! There is ac and fan in the room! They offer airport pickup!

Clean enough, central enough. But would have liked if they cleaned properly. They just did surface areas. But its good value for just a few nights.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is great - just inside the Old Quarter. The dorm room didn't lock but there were lockers underneath the beds that seemed reasonably secure. Breakfast is tasty - the fresh watermelon is super sweet and delicious.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were kept clean and the free beer was a great way to meet people.

overall good. though a bit far from the center of old quarter

Very helpful staff! It was a great stay, and the homebrewed beer was delicious!

• 8th Jul 2014

Fantastic place. Hanoi Hostel is very laid back and calm. A much needed break over Backpackers hostel which got a little crazy. Small place with only beds, and a rooftop lounge, the wifi was great and the free breakfast was surprisingly good. Next time I'm in Hanoi, I will definitely be returning. Thanks!

Had a brilliant time at hanoi hostel . The rooftop breakfast area and bar is so great and makes it easy to meet other travellers. Breakfast was delicious and sets you up for the day.shower wasn't great as you had to hold it yourself. However beds were comfortable and aaircon keeps you cool.they organized my halong bay trip too which was really cool. Would stay again definitely.

I love this place. The location is strategic for food, brief walking to the Hoan Kiem lake, nearby Night market and other attractions. Enjoyed the amenities here and great staffs who show me the beautiful places around Hanoi.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • CATLIM73
  • Malaysia

very good , they give me a nice trip

This is a great place to stay in Hanoi. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the free beer on the rooftop is a great way to meet other travelers. I highly recommend this hostel.

Great place! Free beer between certain hours was nice! Good mix of travelers that want to party and that want to chill. Pick and choose who you want to hang out with was nice.