Hanoi Hostel Reviews

91C Hang Ma str, Hoan Kiem Dis, Hanoi, Vietnam

It was confusing as to which hostel I was booking as there are two hostels owned by the same company and they are right next to each other. I thought I was staying at one, but instead was placed in the other hostel. I would have preferred the original one as it has a more open common area. The bathroom drains weren't always the most efficient so you walked around in a puddle sometimes. But overall, not a bad hostel for the price.

enjoyed roof top

Nice location and good breakfast

Had a great stay here, the beds we lovely and comfy with big duvets to go with, had great nights sleep, the showers were hot, the wifi fast and the location was good, easily walkable to all the main sites. The free breakfast wasn't amazing but it was free so can't complain. Staff were friendly and helpful.

A very good, clean and central hostel! It is not about party so that you can get your nights sleep. The daily free beer on the "rooftop bar" is good to get to know fellow traveller und is kind of meeting point for all who want to have dinner. The staff is always friendly and makes (nearly ;-) everything possible. I can fully recommend the hostel.

Had a good one night stay here. Very cheap, clean and easy to meet new people. Also booked a good tour and bus ticket with them.

Nice hostel and friendly staff.

The breakfast is really good, although only until 9:30 can be really early sometimes. The staff was really nice, I stayed there twice within 3 weeks and as the staff remembered me I felt really welcome again. The happy free beer hour can be a great opportunity to meet the others and get together but it totally depens on the other people in the hostel. I had happy hours with 10 others or happy hours alone. I enjoyed my time there although the cleaning lady at 8 in the morning can be anoying...

Rooms and bathrooms were clean. The rooftop area was nice and we loved the free beer hour. Staff was friendly and helpful.

They were helping me so much, i got very ill and they did everything to make my day better... I could check out late cause i had a flight to catch at midnight and we negociate some price for it.. Very helpful and friendly stuff! Its more like a hotel but i loved they're breakfast and they're kindness. Always recomend! X

• 21st Jan 2014

I found this place had a good quality/price ratio.

This was my second stay, which bookended a trip to the highlands ending in tourist infested Sapa. With the exception of Sapa the tour was great, but it sure was fine to come back to a lively dorm room, fun friends to talk to and a great hot shower. These guys are great about getting you to the airport on time, ensuring you get some eggs and bananas and hot coffee on the rather cool balcony for breakfast, and get you on your way satisfied.

Nice little hostel to meet some people but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. The staff were really nice and helped with tours and accommodation. There is breakfast cooked for you every morning and it's only a 10min walk to the lake. Really enjoyed my stay here, great value for money!

Great location in the old market, walking distance to all main sites. Abundant free breakfast in the morning with eggs bread and plenty of fruit. Staff is lovely and caring. If you book a 3 days tour to Sapa they offer you a free night.

Very good location - just in center of old Hanoi. The hostel also sells tours, but they did not try to press us buying their tours, as the guide book warned about. They even didn't offer us a tour. On the other hand they were very helpfull answering our questions. And they spoke very well English.

Nice place on a good location with decent breakfast :)

Great hostel and super cheap! Staff is super friendly and nice, really helpfull. dorms are clean,location is great and breakfast is included. I will hardly recomend to anyone going to hanoi!

What can I say? After hearing so many horror stories about hostels in vietnam it was nice to check in to an awesome hostel with the friendliest and most helpful staff! They assisted with everything from buying my motorbike through to recommending their favourite local hotpot eatery!! Will definitely go back!!

A very good hostel, with a great "free beer" happy hour every night which brings travellers together. A great location in the Old Quarter a short stroll from "beer corner" which is buzzing with locals and travellers enjoying Bia Hoi on the streets. The hostel was clean, beds were comfy and it's a safe place. The key for my bed safe didn't work, but the locker was plenty big enough for everything. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Very basic and not very clean but that is why it is inexpensive. Only one dorm had the pink walls.