Hanoi Hostel Reviews

91C Hang Ma str, Hoan Kiem Dis, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great stay. Affordable and comfortable bed in clean room. Decent free breakfast. Most importantly, tours offered with good prices compared to others.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Singapore

Dirty and very small. But nice staff and good location.

I stayed in the dorm and it was fine. Big storage space under the bed, and the facilities were good. Not right in the middle of old town, which I found really good as the old quarter is pretty noisey. Still able to walk everywhere within 20 mins.

• 1st Feb 2015

We've had a nice stay in Hanoi hostel. The breakfast on the rooftop was great! Location is not perfect but it's ok. Downside was that there were no locks on the doors. The atmosphere is not that great as well, as a backpacker, next time I would go some place else.

• 25th Jan 2015

Was truly blown away by how lovely our stay was at Hanoi Hostel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were completely taken care of: from securing us maps, recommending places to visit, making sure our room and bathroom was clean and ready, arranging airport pickup and early check out etc. The rooftop bar was a beautiful bonus, allowed us to take a breather from the sometimes overwhelming Hanoi street below. Hoping to stay in this hostel again in the future.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Really nice hostel and very quiet compared to some of the other party hostels in hanoi!

Nice and lovely staffs especially Miss Aung, Miss Fueng and Miss Trang..Value for money paid per night!!

Good clean hostel but tiny, impossible to meet people as the social area is outside and it's currently winter and free breakfast is dry bread with frozen pate? Weird! People that stay here generally are all in bed by 8:30 not really for social backpackers

Nice hostel, stayed in the pink room, really decent sized lockers under the beds,free beer hour from 6-7 great opportunity for meeting other people staying in the hostel, also free breakfast which was egg with toast and slices of melon. Not an amasing breakfast but good enough. They were really helpfull at reception and booked a ha long bay trip for three days through them and I was able to leave my big rucksack for no cost until I returned. Had a really nice stay here.

Great little hostel. I stayed in both the mixed and female dorm (on either end of their Halong Bay trip, which was well priced for what I got with Monkey Island) and met friendly people in both. Ladies stay in the female dorm, much better bathroom! Love the huge storage under the bed. Great bfast for the value, egg and fresh fruit. Walking distance to everything. Friendly staff made a point to know my name. Love the roof too. A little quiet, but good if that's what you want. Price is right too!

The happy hour between 6 PM and 7 PM with free beer is a good opportunity to meet other guests. The people working there are students and happy to talk to you between the happy hour. So if there are no other travellers they will try to answer your questions about Vietnam. Decent breakfast as well.

Staff are friendly, informative, reliable and helpful. Booked a trip to sapa! Totally worth it. Even I'm just transiting! Highly Recommended! A shoutout to Candy!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I found the hostel to be good value for money, without being anything fancy. We had a private room, which was clean, but could have been doing with decorating and also the windows allow in lots of noise from the street outside. The hostel does offer free beers from 6 till 7 and is in a good location in the old town.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Scotland

No word can express my gratitude to Hanoi Hostel for providing exceptional service and rendering assistance for me, a solo traveler, in a foreign country. The tour booking experience with them is amazing with best price around in Hanoi for sure! Accommodation wise, the beds are comfortable, room are clean, with free breakfast and beer! Seriously, at just slightly more than 5 bucks with all these amenities and services, this is definitely the best hostel in Hanoi! Will be back soon, Hanoi Hostel!

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Solid hostel- one of the best I have stayed at in Asia. Helpful staff, good location, clean, and not too loud. Would definitely stay there again. Was disappointed by the2D1N Halong Bay tour, though. We did the Monkey Island tour, and our room was full of cockroaches, sheets were dirty and stained (blood). The food and staff on the tour were great, though. A bit overpriced I found, though, and rushed. Aside from the that tour, the hostel itself was great.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Hanoi Hostel and appreciate your kind positive reviews. Regarding your complaint, we are sorry that the accommodation for your Halong Day tour did not meet your expectations. As the vendor, we have forwarded your complaint to the relevant cruise operator so that they will be able to make corrective actions to improve their service immediately. Thank you once again for giving us a chance to serve you & we hope to see you soon

A little out of the way of the main old quarter bit but after walking around there I was glad not to be in the middle of it. Room is spacious, lockers under the bed. Bathroom is tiny and is not the cleanest but more than bearable. Only allowed the air con on from 5pm but until you ask for it, it won't be put on. Excellent travel tour services, I recommend the dragon cruise in halong bay and the hostel let me store my luggage whilst away. Lot's of other travellers around to meet.

Hostel has small rooms and not all staff does speak English very well. Beds are comfy and location is good.

Decent enough for a short stay. Good location. Booked a halong bay tour through them. They weren't able to provide any real detail about the tour but it worked out well in the end. 3 days, 2 nights, monkey island boat/resort. Would recommend. Other tours going to monkey island on different boats didn't have such good feedback.

Clean, solid bet for the budget. Don't expect anything fancy but it gets the job done. Good location for the price, and nice rooftop. The staff, especially Tran (a lovely local girl) were friendly and helpful.

It's a really nice place, the staff is excellent, especially Uyen! Thanks for all, breakfast and beer free were the best things!