Hanoi Hostel Reviews

91C Hang Ma str, Hoan Kiem Dis, Hanoi, Vietnam

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great free breakfast. Great location in old quarter so easy to walk everywhere. Stored my luggage here whilst on two tours no hassle. Quiet, but I met nice people in my dorm and spent time with them in Hanoi.

Staff really helpful Good location Good prices about tours :) Stayed there for 3 nights and it was good 👌

Great stay. Affordable and comfortable bed in clean room. Decent free breakfast. Most importantly, tours offered with good prices compared to others.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Singapore

Dirty and very small. But nice staff and good location.

I stayed in the dorm and it was fine. Big storage space under the bed, and the facilities were good. Not right in the middle of old town, which I found really good as the old quarter is pretty noisey. Still able to walk everywhere within 20 mins.

• 1st Feb 2015

We've had a nice stay in Hanoi hostel. The breakfast on the rooftop was great! Location is not perfect but it's ok. Downside was that there were no locks on the doors. The atmosphere is not that great as well, as a backpacker, next time I would go some place else.

• 25th Jan 2015

Was truly blown away by how lovely our stay was at Hanoi Hostel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were completely taken care of: from securing us maps, recommending places to visit, making sure our room and bathroom was clean and ready, arranging airport pickup and early check out etc. The rooftop bar was a beautiful bonus, allowed us to take a breather from the sometimes overwhelming Hanoi street below. Hoping to stay in this hostel again in the future.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hanoi Hostel is conveniently located in the old quarter of Hanoi. The hostel itself is clean and extremely well priced. The staff here are incredibly helpful and friendly people. There is also free beer on the rooftop!

Really nice hostel and very quiet compared to some of the other party hostels in hanoi!

Nice and lovely staffs especially Miss Aung, Miss Fueng and Miss Trang..Value for money paid per night!!

Good clean hostel but tiny, impossible to meet people as the social area is outside and it's currently winter and free breakfast is dry bread with frozen pate? Weird! People that stay here generally are all in bed by 8:30 not really for social backpackers

Nice hostel, stayed in the pink room, really decent sized lockers under the beds,free beer hour from 6-7 great opportunity for meeting other people staying in the hostel, also free breakfast which was egg with toast and slices of melon. Not an amasing breakfast but good enough. They were really helpfull at reception and booked a ha long bay trip for three days through them and I was able to leave my big rucksack for no cost until I returned. Had a really nice stay here.

Great little hostel. I stayed in both the mixed and female dorm (on either end of their Halong Bay trip, which was well priced for what I got with Monkey Island) and met friendly people in both. Ladies stay in the female dorm, much better bathroom! Love the huge storage under the bed. Great bfast for the value, egg and fresh fruit. Walking distance to everything. Friendly staff made a point to know my name. Love the roof too. A little quiet, but good if that's what you want. Price is right too!

The happy hour between 6 PM and 7 PM with free beer is a good opportunity to meet other guests. The people working there are students and happy to talk to you between the happy hour. So if there are no other travellers they will try to answer your questions about Vietnam. Decent breakfast as well.

Staff are friendly, informative, reliable and helpful. Booked a trip to sapa! Totally worth it. Even I'm just transiting! Highly Recommended! A shoutout to Candy!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I found the hostel to be good value for money, without being anything fancy. We had a private room, which was clean, but could have been doing with decorating and also the windows allow in lots of noise from the street outside. The hostel does offer free beers from 6 till 7 and is in a good location in the old town.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Scotland

No word can express my gratitude to Hanoi Hostel for providing exceptional service and rendering assistance for me, a solo traveler, in a foreign country. The tour booking experience with them is amazing with best price around in Hanoi for sure! Accommodation wise, the beds are comfortable, room are clean, with free breakfast and beer! Seriously, at just slightly more than 5 bucks with all these amenities and services, this is definitely the best hostel in Hanoi! Will be back soon, Hanoi Hostel!

• 22nd Oct 2014