Hanoi M Hostel Reviews

No 3 Thanh Ha Street, Dong Xuan Ward, Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff didnt have our reservation, we were allocated in the worst room I have satayed so far. Couldn't stand up coz the ceiling was to low, the room was filthy, had mould on the walls, bed sheets were not clean. Bathroom was also dirty and didn't have hot water. We booked for 2 nights but only stayed 1, staff acted very aggressively as we decided to leave. Besides that everything was fine.

• 19th Apr 2014

Good value for money, it's a 10 minute walk to the lake and there is street food everywhere as soon as you walk outside. Standard Hanoi hostel breakfast included (egg baguette). Wifi is fast and works in the room. It's not super clean but nothing terrible. It's more of a hotel so there isn't a massive hostel vibe. Worse thing is probably the 7:30am morning announcements over the speaker in the street.

The staff were very unfriendly and unwelcoming. My room was not very clean and was very damp. The internet was not great and the TV had a very bad signal. I booked a single room through this website advertised as $5.50/night. I only booked 4 nights but then had to stay longer so asked the manager if this was ok. He said yes and agreed the price would remain the same. However when I came to pay he demanded $11/night, which I refused, he then swore at me and told me to check out immediately!

• 5th Mar 2014