Hanoi Rendezvous Hostel Reviews

31 Hang Dieu St, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I liked staying in the hostel, the staff is kind and cool. Breakfast was included, few options and simple. Better to try local food. First stayed for 2 nights, then 1 night in a different day. For the second stayed I got to the hotel arround 5.30am thye open the doors and had a free bed, they let me stayed. I think their tours are expensive, but in my case I didn't planed well what and how to get to different places, so had to pay them. Location is good, old quarter, which is pretty cool.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The staff here are amazing!! Sit and talk with you at breakfast and help you book anything! Breakfast is great and amazing Vietnamese I've coffee :) Great good near by and they give you a list of recommendations in the folder in your room plus handy tips. Pretty good location, not much of a place to mingle with other travels but rooms are good and clean.

I don't normally bother to rate things but these guys were lovely. Nice, clean rooms in a perfect location. Friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfasts. Organised a trip to ha long bay through them which was great and when we came back from sapa checked in as soon as we arrived even though it was early.

• 15th Aug 2014

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The Halong Bay trip organised through the hotel was excellent. Clean, spacious room in a great location.

A great hostel in a great location. An easy walk to all the sights of the old quarter and very easy to get taxis or cyclos to other sights. The staff were great, they organised a superb trip for us to haylong bay and gave us advice on where else to visit in Vietnam. That also sorted sleeper train tickets for us and let us have showers after we had checked out.

It's good as a hostel, you have big queen size beds and good bathrooms. Also they let you keep your stuff if you go on trips (even if you book woth others). The staff is really excellent and helpful. Also they made me use their printer to print my booking pass and gave me a free breakfast on my last day. Not the most socialble and chilled out place though. *beware* Don't book a trip with them they make you pay nearly double of others, as I learned from other travellers in the group tour!

I personally loved this hostel. It was my first Vietnamese hostel (have since stayed in 5 others in Vietnam) and this was probably the best. The staff make an effort to get to know you. For example, when I arrived back one day they greeted me by name and asked me how the museum I visited was. The dorms are laid out well and clean with supplies of things like loo roll etc in the bathroom so it doesn't run out (nice touch!). Only downside was that I was overcharge for train tickets.

Great hostel, nice big beds and friendly staff.

A quieter hostel as the dorms are designed more like giant communal hotel rooms than traditional dorms (no bunk beds!). Super friendly staff and nice atmosphere (friendly people and perhaps more solo travelers than other Hanoi hostels). Good deal on airport transfers as well.

Rooms are simple but clean and big enough, hot and cold water and AC...and people of the staff are very very nice and helpfull

• 31st Jul 2014

Can't recommend enough - the staff here we're lovely and they definitely went the extra mile to help out (they found me a place to sleep when I got in at 6 in the morning and my room wasn't ready). Breakfast is lovely. Definitely worth it.

Great hostel, loved it there. The staff is very good and help you a lot with everything. Would go back there

A very nice hostel with really good breakfast choices, free water, helpful staff and nice big rooms! Would definitely stay here again!

The hostel was really nice and clean and had a nice feel to it. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. I booked a tour to Halong Bay with them that was just great. I recommend to only book the one day tour and not the two day tour. After one day everyone is "over it", still worth going though. After coming back from the tour, the hostel staff was able to book me a LAST MINUTE (literally) bus ticket to Luang Prabang, Laos. I would definitely stay here again.

I loved every moment at this hostel. The staff were lovely - really kind and really helpful. The rooms were good and clean too, and I would love to go back and stay there again! Breakfast was included, and pretty good stuff! Lots of things nearby too.

• 5th Jul 2014

The people who work here are amazing. They are so nice. When I checked in early, they were working on the electricity so there was no A/C. They told me to leave my bags and come back in an hour. While I was checking in, two of the young ladies were fanning me haha. The room was palatial compared to other hostels in the price point. The room had AC, TVs, huge lockers, clean bathrooms and a working elevator. The food here was sooooo good too. The free breakfasts were huge and delicious. A+

Clean, amazing staff, nice breakfast with a good selection to choose from, great location and would defo stay here again.

• 20th Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel, stayed in one night and twin room one night both were great, no bunks in dorm, big comfy beds. However the best thing is the staff, they are really friendly and helpful. I felt extremely happy here. The breakfast is part of the deal and is top notch. I would stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great spacious dorm in an enourmous, clean room with great bathroom. The staff were fantastic - especially the night staff member (can't remember her name) who helped organise my tour and onward travel. It's not fancy but it's very welcoming and staff are very hospitable.

I really love the staff here who was so nice and friendly and helpful.