Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel Reviews

31 Hang Dieu St, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

This hostel is not the cheapest in Hanoi, but you get friendly (not pushy) staff, a good breakfast and hotel-like dorms with big beds (not bunks), towels and ensuite bathrooms. I stayed one night when I first arrived in Hanoi, and then booked another two for after my return from Halong Bay. When I had an early bus, a staff member made sure I got some breakfast, though it was before the usual breakfast time.

I had booked a dorm but they had accidentally overbooked so they gave me a private room for the same price which was nice. It is a very quiet place but the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. Location is good, just on the edge of the old quarter

its more like a hotel with a big bed, so comfortable compared to normal hostel, the breakfast is pretty good, the stuff is very friendly and helpful, but just one thing, why there are four 14 year old without parents in our dorm?

great hostel to stay in Hanoi, the staff is very friendy and helpful, they helped us with missing luggage and arrange bus tickets. The dorms are very clean and the beds are amazing. They offer good tours to Sapa and Ha Long bay, though they cost a little bit more than elsewhere in Hanoi. Would highly recommend this hostel, will be back for sure.

Staff is very helpful. They planned party for thd Christmas eve. The bed is comfortable the shower is good.

Exceptional staff and a lovely stay in the dorms. Quiet and nice air conditioning. The hostel is in need of a first aid kit however. They did not have simple antiseptic cream. Other than that cannot fault them.

I loved this place! like a mix between a hotel and a hostel. dorm room was so spacious with single beds instead of bunks, massive lockers and an amazing hot shower. delicious breakfast included. great location in the heart of the old quarter. only downside is as a solo traveler the common area isn't that inviting to just hang out in but I still met many other travelers here so it worked out fine!

This location is close to everything..from beer market to the lake to good spots to eat it. Loved the fact that anything I did was organized through the hostel

Everything is great, except for the atmosphere. It's quiet but the staff is very attentive and informative.

Great spot! Really close to the action in the old quarter (beware though, the area is INSANELY busy so if you're not looking for that sort of thing then stay elsewhere.) Definitely not a party hostel and there's not much of a common area to meet people but it's a really nice refuge from the madness outside. Would def stay here again!

The staff was very welcoming and helpfull. The rooms were not always clean, especially the bathroom. But overall it was a good experience. You are only at the hotel to sleep, anyway.

• 10th Nov 2014

A great hostel run by lovely people who are more than willing to help with every need. I stayed in a double bedroom and it was super comfortable and very clean, even threw in a discount because i was travelling alone. Breakfast was great, for the aussies they have vegemite!!! They were more than willing to help with any travel booking needs and were not over powering with there selling techniques. A great place to escape the happens of Hanoi

The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us, providing excellent advice on trips and securing us a brilliant room on the Halong Bay cruise we booked through them. The only slight negative was that we used the laundry service and despite splitting dark and light colours into 2 separate bags, our items came back in a single package and had clearly all been washed together, causing some light items to become permanently dyed blue, despite us asking for them to be kept apart.

Fantastic staff, exceptionally friendly & helpful Organised a great tour to Sapa for us and were fine with us going with a different company for Ha Long Bay. The dorm room was 6 king singles (no bunks!), and afterwards booked a twin room, they gave us a 3 bedder for the same price! Was a 5 minute walk from the heart of the old quarter backpackers but closer to the sights.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Staff were friendly but one of them was sometimes friendly and sometimes cranky but it couldn't be helped. Reception is "24 hours" but you have to wake someone up to get in after hours. But still I love Hanoi and have returned to this hostel a number of times.

The new location was even better

Stayed at their new location around the corner. Nice staff, decent breakfast. Lockers under the bed.

• 13th Oct 2014

Amazing breakfast. Excellent staff. Non bunk bed dorm room (which is awesome). Will definitely come back

Very friendly and helpful staff, and good location.

• 29th Aug 2014