Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel Reviews

31 Hang Dieu St, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I stayed in the dorm. It was very nice; the beds (twins/singles, not bunks) are comfortable, the lockers are large, and the room is spacious. My only critique is the frequency of cleaning. The room hadn't been cleaned the day I arrived and wasn't cleaned the next day either. It was finally cleaned the following day (after I had spent 2 nights there). I would have no issue with this frequency if I was in a private room, but dorms (especially dorm bathrooms) should be cleaned as daily.

Not exactly the place to stay if you want to make friends but otherwise I've no complaints.

OK place in great old town location. Was kept awake one night by repetitive mechanical sounding noise, the other night no issues - not sure if was a one off or semi regular? Otherwise no issues. Also stayed in the newer hostel round the corner of the same name which I preferred.

Amazing welcoming staff who assist you with a smile for anything. Great place to stay. Highly highly recommend it

Next time I visit Hanoi, I'll book here in the first place. Out of three different accommodations in Hanoi, this one suited me best. It was clean, quieter, still very accessible for what you wanted to see in Old Quarter and a great place to unwind from 2.5 weeks in Vietnam before departure. I did not book any tours here, so I can't speak for that. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was clean with good water pressure. There wasn't a view but that wasn't a priority to me.

The hotel is owned by Australians, but you'd never know it by staying there. When I checked in at 10 am, my dorm room shower/toilet was dirty. OK, fine, it was early. When I returned to the room at 6 pm, it hadn't been cleaned. The staff told me the cleaning person was gone for the holiday. When I insisted the room be cleaned, someone cleaned it. Swell. Breakfast was average.

Stayed in 6 bed dorm. Very large room. No bunks! Huge lockers but my Locke was broken. TV in the room. Very clean. Breakfast is good and free. Staff was very kind and helpful. Always asking me what they can do for me. They booked my trips and cabs. Location is good. In the old town. It's busy, but everywhere is busy. Near some great eats and cafés. Can walk to anywhere. Not super pleased with the Dugong Halong Bay Cruise they booked for me. Would recommend going on your own. Wuld stay again

This hostel is not the cheapest in Hanoi, but you get friendly (not pushy) staff, a good breakfast and hotel-like dorms with big beds (not bunks), towels and ensuite bathrooms. I stayed one night when I first arrived in Hanoi, and then booked another two for after my return from Halong Bay. When I had an early bus, a staff member made sure I got some breakfast, though it was before the usual breakfast time.

Great place to stay! The staff made it great, the girls are so friendly and helpful! Big, comfy beds ; rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday. Not a big socializing area but big tables where you can eat and hang out. Super close to the center and tons to do around the hostel.

I had booked a dorm but they had accidentally overbooked so they gave me a private room for the same price which was nice. It is a very quiet place but the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. Location is good, just on the edge of the old quarter

its more like a hotel with a big bed, so comfortable compared to normal hostel, the breakfast is pretty good, the stuff is very friendly and helpful, but just one thing, why there are four 14 year old without parents in our dorm?

great hostel to stay in Hanoi, the staff is very friendy and helpful, they helped us with missing luggage and arrange bus tickets. The dorms are very clean and the beds are amazing. They offer good tours to Sapa and Ha Long bay, though they cost a little bit more than elsewhere in Hanoi. Would highly recommend this hostel, will be back for sure.

Staff is very helpful. They planned party for thd Christmas eve. The bed is comfortable the shower is good.

Exceptional staff and a lovely stay in the dorms. Quiet and nice air conditioning. The hostel is in need of a first aid kit however. They did not have simple antiseptic cream. Other than that cannot fault them.

I loved this place! like a mix between a hotel and a hostel. dorm room was so spacious with single beds instead of bunks, massive lockers and an amazing hot shower. delicious breakfast included. great location in the heart of the old quarter. only downside is as a solo traveler the common area isn't that inviting to just hang out in but I still met many other travelers here so it worked out fine!

This location is close to everything..from beer market to the lake to good spots to eat it. Loved the fact that anything I did was organized through the hostel

Everything is great, except for the atmosphere. It's quiet but the staff is very attentive and informative.

Great spot! Really close to the action in the old quarter (beware though, the area is INSANELY busy so if you're not looking for that sort of thing then stay elsewhere.) Definitely not a party hostel and there's not much of a common area to meet people but it's a really nice refuge from the madness outside. Would def stay here again!

The staff was very welcoming and helpfull. The rooms were not always clean, especially the bathroom. But overall it was a good experience. You are only at the hotel to sleep, anyway.

• 10th Nov 2014

A great hostel run by lovely people who are more than willing to help with every need. I stayed in a double bedroom and it was super comfortable and very clean, even threw in a discount because i was travelling alone. Breakfast was great, for the aussies they have vegemite!!! They were more than willing to help with any travel booking needs and were not over powering with there selling techniques. A great place to escape the happens of Hanoi