Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel Reviews

31 Hang Dieu St, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Exceptional staff and a lovely stay in the dorms. Quiet and nice air conditioning. The hostel is in need of a first aid kit however. They did not have simple antiseptic cream. Other than that cannot fault them.

This location is close to everything..from beer market to the lake to good spots to eat it. Loved the fact that anything I did was organized through the hostel

Everything is great, except for the atmosphere. It's quiet but the staff is very attentive and informative.

The staff was very welcoming and helpfull. The rooms were not always clean, especially the bathroom. But overall it was a good experience. You are only at the hotel to sleep, anyway.

• 10th Nov 2014

A great hostel run by lovely people who are more than willing to help with every need. I stayed in a double bedroom and it was super comfortable and very clean, even threw in a discount because i was travelling alone. Breakfast was great, for the aussies they have vegemite!!! They were more than willing to help with any travel booking needs and were not over powering with there selling techniques. A great place to escape the happens of Hanoi

The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us, providing excellent advice on trips and securing us a brilliant room on the Halong Bay cruise we booked through them. The only slight negative was that we used the laundry service and despite splitting dark and light colours into 2 separate bags, our items came back in a single package and had clearly all been washed together, causing some light items to become permanently dyed blue, despite us asking for them to be kept apart.

Fantastic staff, exceptionally friendly & helpful Organised a great tour to Sapa for us and were fine with us going with a different company for Ha Long Bay. The dorm room was 6 king singles (no bunks!), and afterwards booked a twin room, they gave us a 3 bedder for the same price! Was a 5 minute walk from the heart of the old quarter backpackers but closer to the sights.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Staff were friendly but one of them was sometimes friendly and sometimes cranky but it couldn't be helped. Reception is "24 hours" but you have to wake someone up to get in after hours. But still I love Hanoi and have returned to this hostel a number of times.

The new location was even better

Stayed at their new location around the corner. Nice staff, decent breakfast. Lockers under the bed.

• 13th Oct 2014

Amazing breakfast. Excellent staff. Non bunk bed dorm room (which is awesome). Will definitely come back

Very friendly and helpful staff, and good location.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I had a good time staying there. It's a nice hotel, quiet and close to the turistic areas.

I liked staying in the hostel, the staff is kind and cool. Breakfast was included, few options and simple. Better to try local food. First stayed for 2 nights, then 1 night in a different day. For the second stayed I got to the hotel arround 5.30am thye open the doors and had a free bed, they let me stayed. I think their tours are expensive, but in my case I didn't planed well what and how to get to different places, so had to pay them. Location is good, old quarter, which is pretty cool.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The staff here are amazing!! Sit and talk with you at breakfast and help you book anything! Breakfast is great and amazing Vietnamese I've coffee :) Great good near by and they give you a list of recommendations in the folder in your room plus handy tips. Pretty good location, not much of a place to mingle with other travels but rooms are good and clean.

I don't normally bother to rate things but these guys were lovely. Nice, clean rooms in a perfect location. Friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfasts. Organised a trip to ha long bay through them which was great and when we came back from sapa checked in as soon as we arrived even though it was early.

• 15th Aug 2014

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The Halong Bay trip organised through the hotel was excellent. Clean, spacious room in a great location.

A great hostel in a great location. An easy walk to all the sights of the old quarter and very easy to get taxis or cyclos to other sights. The staff were great, they organised a superb trip for us to haylong bay and gave us advice on where else to visit in Vietnam. That also sorted sleeper train tickets for us and let us have showers after we had checked out.

It's good as a hostel, you have big queen size beds and good bathrooms. Also they let you keep your stuff if you go on trips (even if you book woth others). The staff is really excellent and helpful. Also they made me use their printer to print my booking pass and gave me a free breakfast on my last day. Not the most socialble and chilled out place though. *beware* Don't book a trip with them they make you pay nearly double of others, as I learned from other travellers in the group tour!

I personally loved this hostel. It was my first Vietnamese hostel (have since stayed in 5 others in Vietnam) and this was probably the best. The staff make an effort to get to know you. For example, when I arrived back one day they greeted me by name and asked me how the museum I visited was. The dorms are laid out well and clean with supplies of things like loo roll etc in the bathroom so it doesn't run out (nice touch!). Only downside was that I was overcharge for train tickets.