Hanoi Star Hotel Reviews

25 Hang Mam, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam

Stayed here before and after our trip to Halong Bay. Hostel was very helpful organising our 3d/2n boat and very accommodating when we changed our stay to a night either side rather than 2 nights before. I enjoyed the banana pancakes for breakfast. Hostel in a great location for the weekend night markets and lake! Always helpful answering all out questions. Beds are alright, quite noisy bunks though and there is very little atmosphere as it is just a dorm room in a hotel but good enough.

Nice dorm, spacious. Clean bathroom, friendly staff. Location quite busy and loud traffic. Seemed like an older guy was living in the dorm, was a bit strange.. kinda felt like we were in his room.. hotel itself is nice though, delicious breakfast.

Great location! Fantastic staff they are really nice and helpful!

The location is right in the heart of the old town, which makes it easy to walk around. The best part about the hostel was the staff - they were so nice and super helpful! Breakfast was decent. No common area though, so it doesn't have much of an atmosphere.

I Stayed for 3 weeks- They looked after me, especially when I got sick. Staff were warm & friendly. The nicest i've met while travelling. They help you with ANYTHING, not just tours. LOCATION Perfect for local food/drink or restaurants. brilliant WATER PUPPET SHOW, just 5 min walk, VERY CLEAN and well run hostel. EXCELLENT BREAKFAST BEDS-comfortable and clean- large room I would like to Thank MARIO!!His service was FIRST CLASS. BIG THANKS TO ALL AT HANOI STAR HOTEL.HAPPY 2015!

great location and friendly staffs. There is 7-11 close to the hotel where I can buy snacks and water. It is very quiet at night. not close to the pub or bar. they provide to an TV and kettle. the room is clean. free Braskfast was ok for this price and the coffee was very good. i really want to go back again.

perfect stay, great Value for money, and very helpful staff thanks

Location was good, room was reasonable for it's price. Breakfast is OK. They allowed us to check in at 6am at no extra charge. Best bit of this hostel is the staff, very friendly and helpful! We booked our halon bay tour here and paid less than others on the same boat. Booked our open bus tickets here with ease, bus took a lot longer than we were told but I guess this is the fault of the bus company, not the hotel.

Mario (chosen name for English

My friend and Is stayed for two nights. We arranged a taxi from the airport as well as a day trip to Ha Long Bay via e-mail with the owner Mike, prior to arrival. Everything was handled seamlessly. We paid for it all when we checked out which we found very convenient. The prices were also reasonable. Maybe slightly more than a backpacker would spend but the rooms had coffee and tea facilities as well as a TV and even a computer! A western and Asian breakfast selection was available each morning.

Fine place to stay for a night. Rooms are basic and old fashioned with the hardest mattresses I have ever experienced. $5 for bed and breakfast though so can't complain! The halong bay tour organised by the hotel was very reasonable and very good .