Hanoi Star Hotel Reviews

25 Hang Mam, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam

My friend and Is stayed for two nights. We arranged a taxi from the airport as well as a day trip to Ha Long Bay via e-mail with the owner Mike, prior to arrival. Everything was handled seamlessly. We paid for it all when we checked out which we found very convenient. The prices were also reasonable. Maybe slightly more than a backpacker would spend but the rooms had coffee and tea facilities as well as a TV and even a computer! A western and Asian breakfast selection was available each morning.

Fine place to stay for a night. Rooms are basic and old fashioned with the hardest mattresses I have ever experienced. $5 for bed and breakfast though so can't complain! The halong bay tour organised by the hotel was very reasonable and very good .

Such a nice hotel with amazing staffs. Location is very good just walking distance to Hoan Kiem lake. The room is very nice and clean, air conditioner works very well. The tours, they booked for me found cheapest in my group and wonderful. Come back for sure! why not?

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam

I couldn't recommend this place enough they were really lovely plus have a free pick up. They know where to go locally and will give you a good map plus book safe taxis and anything else you need. I booked my boat trip though them and it was excellent. I stayed for my birthday and they made me feel really special and treated me like family when I came back again. Excellent value for money as the dorm is $5 and is just 6 single beds. They really were great.

We've loved to stay in this hotel! The prices are good and the service is even better! The manager (English name mike) can arrange the tours for a good price and good quality! My opinion: if you go to Hanoi, u have to stay at the Hanoi star hotel!

• 17th Jul 2014

I just stayed in Hanoi for 1 night and booked this hotel in a mix dorm room. Wow! room is so nice, very big room and only 6 single bed insides. Very clean and comfortable, have safe box with a lock, the A/c is very cool while Hanoi is very hot. Staff are so crazy - they do everything you want. Mike booked Halong bay for me for 2 days 1 night on boat. It was so amazing and cheapest in my group. Definitely, I will recommend this hotel and for sure to stay again if I come back Hanoi.

• 30th Jun 2014

At first they showed us to our 3 bed room which was damp and the bathroom was disgusting with a cockroach running around. We asked to move to another room which we had to pay extra for, this room was nicer but beds were incredibly uncomfortable. Staff looked at you very strangely whenever we asked them for things eg. Butter for our toast or ice for our drink. Strange atmosphere too so we left!