Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

We booked a double room, we paid for a double room on arrival but when we got to the room it was a dorm room. No problem in staying in a dorm room but we did not want to pay for a double when a dorm is much cheaper. When we asked for some of our money back as we hadn't got the double as booked- the staff were very rude and aggressive. We finally got a bit back but not what we should have.

The hotel was a bit overstated. Things listed in the facilities section on HW that we didn't see include BBQ, cafe, and bar. (You could buy drinks from a fridge). ATMs close but not on premises. The breakfast was free and good though a sign there says it costs 30000 VND which confused us and resulted in us not taking advantage of the free breakfast the first day. Staff were friendly. Room was damp with poor ventilation but clean with AC. If cost is your primary concern this hotel will do fine.

Nice hotel. Good location in the main backpacker area. Rooms were good value, although price did go up on our second night which we hadn't booked ( not by much be a bit annoying, since we were only told when checking out). Helpful with our trip to halong bay. Room was nice enough although did smell like mould and damp!

Nice little hotel with great location. All main attractions are reachable within walking distance. The breakfast was very tasty. The staff was nice and very he When we arrived they gave us a welcome breakfast and the staff was really nice, specially Tony When we returned from Sapa in the night bus, we arrived in Hanoi at 5am so we went to the hotel and the staff let us stay us inside the hotel till they had an empty room. We recommend at all!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Absolutely loved this hostel the staff are very friendly and helpful, The manager of the hostel Tony was so friendly and helpful. Booked a trip to Halong bay to do Party through the hostel with a very helpful member of staff called Thuy who helped me with all my questions i had about the trip.When i arrived at the island I was welcomed by a tour guide called Hung who took care of us the time we were there. All round great hostel and great staff i will be coming back and staying with these guys .

Hostel dorm rooms were damp, things felt moist even when the air conditioner was on. The walls were sticky and moist.. The staff and location however were excellent, and for the price you pay I guess it's alright compared to some of the hostels around it. Be careful booking your tours through them though, be sure to shop around

The location is good and tony was very helpful! But the room was so damp my bedsheets were wet when I put them on! My mirror had a constant film on condensation and my girlfriends asthma got really bad because of the damp!

We requested for a Cab to pick us up from the airport to the hotel at 18 USD, arrived less than 45 minutes to the hotel. Room was clean and facilities were working well. The staff at the front counter was really helpful, patient and friendly. She gave us an easy to navigate and resourceful map and introduced us some of the nice food to try and places to shop. We booked Halong Bay tour packages and 2 way sleeper bus from them which are at a lower rate than outside. Save your time from sourcing fr

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

Just 5 $ per night service really beyond my expectation . Bedrooms and toilet were clean. It just that water temperature not so consistent. The staffs there is helpful and friendly . Most important they remember their guest who stay there ! It did give us warm feeling to stay there . Highly recommend 3 days 2 nights Sapa tours as we got to meet backpackers from different nation or countries . Great time for some experiences & culture sharing .

• 17th Feb 2015

Really good hostel. The free beer happy hour is a great way to get the travellers together and socialising and the hostel's tour guide will take everyone out to party some where esle in hanoi after drinking at hostel's bar everynight, thats chance to meeting people. The dorm was clean with a good A/C and a clean ensuite. Staff was one of the best part of this hostel, they are so friendly and helpful. They also let us having shower after our Halong bay trip before jump on the bus to heading south

I hasn't stayed in such a good hostel in a very very long time! $5 a night is really hard to beat and this place is amazing! The staff will help you with anything you need- a girl in out room had a motorbike injury on her foot and stuff members went to the pharmacy for her and then treated her foot! Rooms get cleaned daily and the waterfall shower is just so good when you've been on a budget trip! There always cool and sweet people to hang around with and you're pretty much bang in town so it's

The stay at the hotel was excellent and Tony and his staff were very accommodating. The 2-day Ha Long Bay tour with Tony on the Royal Heritage Cruise was awesome! We stayed in private Bungalows on an exclusive island within the bay which provided kayaking, beach volleyball and beach soccer. There were reasonably priced drinks and the views were incredible! Hotel was Clean, well located, safe and cheap - this place ticks all the boxes for a traveller on a longer trip.

• 31st Jan 2015

When we first arrived in Vietnam we were both ill and felt awful (me and my friend are both girls, aged 19) - the hostel car came and picked us up from the airport, already waiting when we arrived and took us straight there. Despite the fact that we arrived early in the morning they had a room ready for us within 10 minutes of arrival - the room was great! we havent stayed in a dorm so not sure about them but private room was posh for a hostel! great recommending

We booked a 4 bed dorms but when we arrived they tried to make us stay in a 10 (or maybe more) beds dorm. After some discussions we could actually moved to another room with 4 beds. However, the sheets were dirty, the walls were so wet and everywhere in this hostel, it was smelling super bad. The staff were not smilling at all, we had the impression to bother them so much. We finally decided to leave and try to find another hotel, but of course no reimbursement.

Room was damp and dirty. Bathroom poor. Staff and service helpful but hard job with what is now a very tired hostel.

• 17th Jan 2015

After booking this hostel, I was emailed by the owner that the room I booked didn't exist. He had listed it on their purely to trap people into booking with his hostel but offered an alternative booking. Quite annoyed over the deception, I agreed as it was going to be too hard for me to change booking at this late stage. I strongly suggested he remove the fake listing. A hostel with no real atmosphere and misleading staff. Everything else is good but this hostel doesn't reach its full potential