Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! Whilst the location is excellent, and the prices more than reasonable for what you get, it is the staff that really make this a must stay place in Vietnam. Even before I arrived, Tony and Trinh had arranged my visa, overnight train ticket, airport transfer, and trip to Halong Bay. When I arrived I was given a complimentary breakfast and that set the tone for the rest of my stay - always going above what I expected. Nothing was ever too much,

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Dorms are cool, they have a locker with a hole for your charger next to the bed - super handy!! You also get a locker under the bunk so there's lots of places to hide valuables! It's constantly happy hour in the bar! They even did 3 kegs of free beer! Booked tour through here and it was amazing! Definitely worth staying at

• 13th Nov 2014

This place is a great place to meet people. The rooms are ok for a basic hostel but there are cheaper places in the same street. The food is good and the bar is a great place to meet fellow backpackers.Overall a decent place to stay, great place to meet people.

We stayed here for our first two nights in Hanoi and have no complaints. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The dorm rooms were big and clean. All have a nice balcony and great bathrooms. The location is also very good. Walking distance to night market and beer corner. We booked the Halong Party Cruise for 3 days/2nights through the hostel and i can say, hands down, it's the best trip we ever did. When we came back from the trip we stayed for another two nights at the hostel in a diff

• 10th Nov 2014

There is Great hostel . - clean and comfortable - lovely english speaking and vietnamese speaking staff -plenty of events organised for stuff to do - excellent knowledge of the area to plan outings We went on the halong bay tour organised by them (not castaway) and although they told us it would be more fitting for couples and families, my group of nine 20 year olds had the most amazing time. There wasnt one family or older person there (not that we'd of minded)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Cheap, clean, conveniently located and excellent staff. There's always something going on in this place, quizzes, free drink beer and Vodka, happy hours, you name it. A great way to meet people.quiet down,be nice too. You can book well organized tours and the staff is always helpful and friendly.Good vibe, (helped us organise train tickets/taxis etc and let us safely leave our backpacks while we went to Sapa for a few days) Highly recommended Tonys Hostel!

The rooms are very dirty and packed with too many beds. My blanket and linen were dirty and even mouldy. The walls are mouldy as well. The showers do not work properly.

• 2nd Nov 2014

We arrived late from hanoi airport to a shocking dirty room with a strong smell of urine, covered in mould, stained sheets and no method to lock the windows. As it was so late We requested to move to another room which the staff could not do without tonys permission. When we cancelled under the 24 hour cancellation policy tony refused to give our money back and hung up the phone on us. Tonys also copies nearby hostel tours and maps. Never stay here!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Dear Partner. Could you help me to make an investigation on this review... Because We don't see guests arrival on this date ..and this review seem not for Us ,We don't copies nearby hostel tours and maps They may get to wrong other Hostels in Hanoi ...or review could make by some competitor .

Very rude staff, didn't let us pay with card, AC didn't work, toilet was dirty, cockroaches in the room. Mainly rude for not taking the Halong tour with them.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Chile

The place is old- in a musty way. If u need just a place to sleep with aircon and wifi, its ok. If u want an atmosphere, go down the streetto hanoi backpackers. If u want a halong bay tour, just go to the tour agency across the street as its cheaper.

great location ..fast wifi clean room and friendly staffs. everything was fine . I can check in early in the morning at 5 am when get back from sapa bus. this was great hostel

This is My second time in Hanoi .I have decided to choose this Hostel because of good review and cheap prices. It's really convenient for me ,as a single traveler I want to meet other backpackers for drink and chatting together..Their dorm room pretty and cleanness . staffs are so friendly and helpful ..willing to help if you need to get to other places. goooood Hostel.

• 16th Sep 2014

YOU ARE BRILLIANT . THANKS FOR ALL STAFF AT TONYS HOSTEL. YOU ARE REALLY NICE AND FRIENDLY , THANKS FOR PARTY VODKA AND BEERS. THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL I EVER STAYED. DAVID AND HANNA

• 14th Sep 2014

Thank you so much for the warm service you have provided me , for assisting me in getting transportation around hanoi . For giving me great recommendation , helping me prepare breakfast , helping me with postal service to singapore. Thanks for arranged for me cruise to halong bay , which was excellent prices and service . I will come back next year. Thank you (Tony)

• 28th Aug 2014

This hostel is extremely well set up and we loved it. Friendly helpful staff that will allow you to stow your bags in a store if you can't check in and access to showers etc which is awesome when you have come off a night bus or similar. We stayed in the dorm room which have double bed bunks as well as singles and are clean and tidy with good secure lockers underneath. The bathrooms are massive and are clean and tidy as well. Overall fantastic hostel and would definitely go back!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Austria

I loved my stay at Hanoi tony Hostel. staff was great , friendly and helpful..Hostel in central old quarter... rooms was clean and free tea , coffee all the days .wifi everywhere , there are 2 computers in lobby for guests...also provide tourist information and tran or bus ticket with value price. I would re commend it.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

I'm very interested in this hostel , everything was great , very friendly staff , they invited me to drink free beer , help me arrange travel schedule halong and sapa with a resonable prices.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

Good location. And staffs

The hostel is a great starting point, especially for women traveling alone. There are pure maid's room (here is the shower also clean). BBQ evenings and the breakfast (bread and jam + coffee / tea + banana) there is nothing to it. But the A la carte breakfast options are delicious and not expensive. About the Group tours (SaPa and Halong Bay), you can book here, I quickly caught up. Where the Halong Bay tour is the best party tour. Super Hostel

Thank so much for staying with us. We love you too. kain

We could have overlooked the grime and need for a new paintjob, however what we couldnt overlook was the dampness of the room:the bed was wet to touch,the smell of mould and damp was so strong. There was no ventilation. We wanted to change rooms but found out the whole hostel was the same; damp and smelly. There were rats in the lobby. Please do not stay here, its bad for your health and the owner does not seem aware of the state of his hostel. Bring your own dehumidifyer if you do want to stay.

Dear Tessa. Thanks for your review..we are so sorry because you do not like it here..The room was Damp because of storm and rainning all the day when you staying ...We also checked all other hotels was the same ..when you complain of damp room, We also explain the reason, and also recommend you check other hotels. And We do not understand why you are still stay in Damp room?...We are very disappointed by the attitude of your disrespect to the Owner.