Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Best hostel I've ever been, and look at what is a very exotic place. Organized, clean hotel, great service. The animation is great the night, and each day guests gather to go to any nightclub or attraction. But the best thing is the only mini cruise offered by this hostel. Destiny is halong bay. is paradise.

There wasn't really a great atmosphere to meet people in the lobby or dorms, so I wouldn't reccomend this to solo travellers. The staff were friendly and helped with what they could when asked. I stayed in a mixed dorm and it smelled musty and gross- can't tell if it was because of the humidity in the room or I was with stinky people. Beds and facilities could have been cleaner, but it wasn't totally disgusting or anything. For what we paid it was fine but could have found better

Location was good, we walked to everything in the old town, and you can even walk further to the Mausoleum for like 20 minutes, but there wasn't really a common room for travellers to mingle. When we arrived they didn't have room in the dorm we booked so they put us in a private room for 1 night. Breakfast not included but is available for cheap. The 6 bed dorm was quite small. Overall pretty good but there is Hanoi Backpackers just down the road which would have been better for young travelers

I chose this hostel because of the good reviews and I have never been so disappointed with how inadequate they were comparing to the reality. This place is terrible. Ugly, dirty, desperately needing renovation at every level. The staff "speak English" on such a level that they greet you with silence, give you no information and when you ask something they say "no" simply because they don't have a clue what you are saying. For this price you can get waaaay better conditions in Hanoi.

Thanks for your value feedback . Most every hostels in Hanoi was old building( old quarter). We are also old building but not ugly or dirty as you said..you never asked us any questions .Please dont fabricated We have noticed the negative side we encountered ..We have retrained the staff to be more friendly and enthusiastic with customers ,and definitely we will listen to all your feedback including the positive or negative side. We will improve and fix all the mistakes We had.

Little to no atmosphere. The lobby didn't do much at all for solo backpackers. If you're staying for a night or two, it's alright. But if you're looking for a place that's a little more social, this isn't it. Although, great staff that help you book bus tickets and tours. Booked my Halong Bay cruise with Tony, and he was genuine and honest about what he was offering.

The staff were not very friendly and could not speak well english. We book a 4 bed dorm and were given a 6 bed one besides room were not very clean.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is a great place to meet other backpackers and organize and arrange tours. It is lively and sometimes loud. But, overall a great atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and friendly I'd recommend the 3 day Halong Bay/Cat Ba Island Tour with them. great, the boat really fun, and the food plenty, varied and delicious for every meal .I was very happy with our stay, it was the best hostel we have ever stayed at! What makes this place so special is the staff, especially Tony .

• 24th May 2014

I booked to stay at the Tony's hostel on my visit to Hanoi. The hotel is located in the old quarter do Hanoi. The hotel organised an airport pick up for me which was reasonably priced. Checking is was smooth with the staff been very polite and helpful. That night we booked to go to Halong Bay on a trip through the hotel. I was a little dubious about not shopping around first but it seemed reasonably priced so I went along. The following day (the day of the trip) I woke up feeling sick so decided last

• 24th May 2014
  • Vietnam

Can't complain about this hostel! Great atmosphere, very secure, staff are always smiling and very helpful, every night has something going on in the bar. Short walk from the Bia Hoi quarter. I'd recommend doing the Halong trip they offer, worth every penny!

• 22nd May 2014

Tony's hotel is a great place to stay! I highly recommend it. Clean, cheap, but most important, very friendly and helpful staff! great location, near to the main sightseeings and with a lot of bars and restaurants around. Luca.

• 16th May 2014

Best hostel I have been to in all of Asia tony is an absolute legend he tells you what prices to pay. which in Hanoi is tricky as you have to barter everything defiantly saved a lot of money staying here thanks again Tony.

• 1st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The reviews for Tony's seemed okay? I was in Hanoi during the May Day holiday and many things were booked and I was forced to switch hostels a couple of times. Tony's is in an a small alley where you can tell things should be a bit cheaper. Cleanliness is slightly sub par, Tony bugged me to take a tour repeatedly, and the common area was very small. Compared to the quality of places available in Hanoi between $4-6, $5 for Tony's is not worth it. Several better places to stay!

Tony and his staff are so helpful, they book tickets with the best value. I can feel their sincerety and hospitality always. 1, I found I left my iPhone at hostel lobby and tried to go back to get it, but Tony has already rode to the train station and tried to find me and gave it to me. Tony

• 24th Apr 2014
  • China

Great Hotel , great location and staff.. also clean and free wifi & breakfast.

• 10th Apr 2014

Good location , very friendly staff . Tours I booked cheaper than other office . they wiling to help without put any question . i woud recommend to everyone i know.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Dear our valued guests, Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Hanoi tony’s Hostel on hostelworld . On behalf of the Hotel and staff we wholeheartedly appreciate the wonderful review you have given and are so pleased that our services fulfilled all your desires. We are happy to learn that you have had a pleasant and memorable trip in Hanoi. The staff and the management of the Hanoi tonys Hostel continually strive to provide our guests with the best possible service.

We like the staff there. They helped us a lot preparing our tours and we now the price was cheaper than other hotels. We also need to change money and they bring us to the office. The last day the gave us a taxi to go to the airport. One night we arrived at 5am in the morning from a tour and we were living at 9am to the next one. They provided us with a room to take showers and rest for a while for free. They made us feel very comfortable.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Angola

We stayed at Tonys hostel for 2 nights . The staff were so friendly and helpful . When we arrived Tony helped ud to organise our itinary for vietnam . Helped us book trip to halong bay and sapa . Both were brilliant . You should go to sapa and do home stay trip . The breakfast at hotel were amazing free tea and coffee all day. I would definately recommemd hanoi Tonys hostel and will stay again. We love you . Tony :😇

• 19th Mar 2014

qiet nice good staff

This was cheapest hostel I ever stayed. staff frieldly ..rooms are clean.

Staff were not vert welcoming or friendly and didn't seem to want to help. Breakfast was decent. WiFi only worked sometimes. People I met there were great!