Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I loved my stay at Hanoi tony Hostel. staff was great , friendly and helpful..Hostel in central old quarter... rooms was clean and free tea , coffee all the days .wifi everywhere , there are 2 computers in lobby for guests...also provide tourist information and tran or bus ticket with value price. I would re commend it.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

I'm very interested in this hostel , everything was great , very friendly staff , they invited me to drink free beer , help me arrange travel schedule halong and sapa with a resonable prices.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

Good location. And staffs

The hostel is a great starting point, especially for women traveling alone. There are pure maid's room (here is the shower also clean). BBQ evenings and the breakfast (bread and jam + coffee / tea + banana) there is nothing to it. But the A la carte breakfast options are delicious and not expensive. About the Group tours (SaPa and Halong Bay), you can book here, I quickly caught up. Where the Halong Bay tour is the best party tour. Super Hostel

Thank so much for staying with us. We love you too. kain

We could have overlooked the grime and need for a new paintjob, however what we couldnt overlook was the dampness of the room:the bed was wet to touch,the smell of mould and damp was so strong. There was no ventilation. We wanted to change rooms but found out the whole hostel was the same; damp and smelly. There were rats in the lobby. Please do not stay here, its bad for your health and the owner does not seem aware of the state of his hostel. Bring your own dehumidifyer if you do want to stay.

Dear Tessa. Thanks for your review..we are so sorry because you do not like it here..The room was Damp because of storm and rainning all the day when you staying ...We also checked all other hotels was the same ..when you complain of damp room, We also explain the reason, and also recommend you check other hotels. And We do not understand why you are still stay in Damp room?...We are very disappointed by the attitude of your disrespect to the Owner.

Best hostel I've ever been, and look at what is a very exotic place. Organized, clean hotel, great service. The animation is great the night, and each day guests gather to go to any nightclub or attraction. But the best thing is the only mini cruise offered by this hostel. Destiny is halong bay. is paradise.

There wasn't really a great atmosphere to meet people in the lobby or dorms, so I wouldn't reccomend this to solo travellers. The staff were friendly and helped with what they could when asked. I stayed in a mixed dorm and it smelled musty and gross- can't tell if it was because of the humidity in the room or I was with stinky people. Beds and facilities could have been cleaner, but it wasn't totally disgusting or anything. For what we paid it was fine but could have found better

Tony's is disgusting. Worst night of my trip by far. Tony barged into our room that night and scolded us for leaving our clothes on the floor. "If you have wet clothes or towels, you should put them in plastic bags or else the room will smell like mold" he warns us. Are hostel owners allowed to barge into your room to scold you? The free breakfast was literally a slice of bread and coffee. I would suggest avoid this place and staying at the Hanoi Backpackers Original a few doors down.

Location was good, we walked to everything in the old town, and you can even walk further to the Mausoleum for like 20 minutes, but there wasn't really a common room for travellers to mingle. When we arrived they didn't have room in the dorm we booked so they put us in a private room for 1 night. Breakfast not included but is available for cheap. The 6 bed dorm was quite small. Overall pretty good but there is Hanoi Backpackers just down the road which would have been better for young travelers

I chose this hostel because of the good reviews and I have never been so disappointed with how inadequate they were comparing to the reality. This place is terrible. Ugly, dirty, desperately needing renovation at every level. The staff "speak English" on such a level that they greet you with silence, give you no information and when you ask something they say "no" simply because they don't have a clue what you are saying. For this price you can get waaaay better conditions in Hanoi.

Thanks for your value feedback . Most every hostels in Hanoi was old building( old quarter). We are also old building but not ugly or dirty as you said..you never asked us any questions .Please dont fabricated We have noticed the negative side we encountered ..We have retrained the staff to be more friendly and enthusiastic with customers ,and definitely we will listen to all your feedback including the positive or negative side. We will improve and fix all the mistakes We had.

Little to no atmosphere. The lobby didn't do much at all for solo backpackers. If you're staying for a night or two, it's alright. But if you're looking for a place that's a little more social, this isn't it. Although, great staff that help you book bus tickets and tours. Booked my Halong Bay cruise with Tony, and he was genuine and honest about what he was offering.

The staff were not very friendly and could not speak well english. We book a 4 bed dorm and were given a 6 bed one besides room were not very clean.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is a great place to meet other backpackers and organize and arrange tours. It is lively and sometimes loud. But, overall a great atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and friendly I'd recommend the 3 day Halong Bay/Cat Ba Island Tour with them. great, the boat really fun, and the food plenty, varied and delicious for every meal .I was very happy with our stay, it was the best hostel we have ever stayed at! What makes this place so special is the staff, especially Tony .

• 24th May 2014

I booked to stay at the Tony's hostel on my visit to Hanoi. The hotel is located in the old quarter do Hanoi. The hotel organised an airport pick up for me which was reasonably priced. Checking is was smooth with the staff been very polite and helpful. That night we booked to go to Halong Bay on a trip through the hotel. I was a little dubious about not shopping around first but it seemed reasonably priced so I went along. The following day (the day of the trip) I woke up feeling sick so decided last

• 24th May 2014
  • Vietnam

Can't complain about this hostel! Great atmosphere, very secure, staff are always smiling and very helpful, every night has something going on in the bar. Short walk from the Bia Hoi quarter. I'd recommend doing the Halong trip they offer, worth every penny!

• 22nd May 2014

Tony's hotel is a great place to stay! I highly recommend it. Clean, cheap, but most important, very friendly and helpful staff! great location, near to the main sightseeings and with a lot of bars and restaurants around. Luca.

• 16th May 2014

Best hostel I have been to in all of Asia tony is an absolute legend he tells you what prices to pay. which in Hanoi is tricky as you have to barter everything defiantly saved a lot of money staying here thanks again Tony.

• 1st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The reviews for Tony's seemed okay? I was in Hanoi during the May Day holiday and many things were booked and I was forced to switch hostels a couple of times. Tony's is in an a small alley where you can tell things should be a bit cheaper. Cleanliness is slightly sub par, Tony bugged me to take a tour repeatedly, and the common area was very small. Compared to the quality of places available in Hanoi between $4-6, $5 for Tony's is not worth it. Several better places to stay!

Tony and his staff are so helpful, they book tickets with the best value. I can feel their sincerety and hospitality always. 1, I found I left my iPhone at hostel lobby and tried to go back to get it, but Tony has already rode to the train station and tried to find me and gave it to me. Tony

• 24th Apr 2014
  • China

Well, this hostel is well-located, cheap and the staff is friendly. But the rooms need clearly to be clean and refreshed !!