Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great coffee. But showers are terrible. Absolutely no water pressure. I stayed on level 3, and I honestly could have poured more pressure out of a water bottle, and more water! I was put in an 8-bed dorm, after paying for a 4-bed. There was much confusion about whether I had paid or not. Didn't get a great vibe from the staff in general, but Tony himself was very friendly and helpful. I was also very sick whilst here, and there was no toilet paper provided during my 3 days, so take your own!

We booked a double room, we paid for a double room on arrival but when we got to the room it was a dorm room. No problem in staying in a dorm room but we did not want to pay for a double when a dorm is much cheaper. When we asked for some of our money back as we hadn't got the double as booked- the staff were very rude and aggressive. We finally got a bit back but not what we should have.

The hotel was a bit overstated. Things listed in the facilities section on HW that we didn't see include BBQ, cafe, and bar. (You could buy drinks from a fridge). ATMs close but not on premises. The breakfast was free and good though a sign there says it costs 30000 VND which confused us and resulted in us not taking advantage of the free breakfast the first day. Staff were friendly. Room was damp with poor ventilation but clean with AC. If cost is your primary concern this hotel will do fine.

Nice hotel. Good location in the main backpacker area. Rooms were good value, although price did go up on our second night which we hadn't booked ( not by much be a bit annoying, since we were only told when checking out). Helpful with our trip to halong bay. Room was nice enough although did smell like mould and damp!

Hostel dorm rooms were damp, things felt moist even when the air conditioner was on. The walls were sticky and moist.. The staff and location however were excellent, and for the price you pay I guess it's alright compared to some of the hostels around it. Be careful booking your tours through them though, be sure to shop around

The location is good and tony was very helpful! But the room was so damp my bedsheets were wet when I put them on! My mirror had a constant film on condensation and my girlfriends asthma got really bad because of the damp!

We booked a 4 bed dorms but when we arrived they tried to make us stay in a 10 (or maybe more) beds dorm. After some discussions we could actually moved to another room with 4 beds. However, the sheets were dirty, the walls were so wet and everywhere in this hostel, it was smelling super bad. The staff were not smilling at all, we had the impression to bother them so much. We finally decided to leave and try to find another hotel, but of course no reimbursement.

Room was damp and dirty. Bathroom poor. Staff and service helpful but hard job with what is now a very tired hostel.

• 17th Jan 2015

After booking this hostel, I was emailed by the owner that the room I booked didn't exist. He had listed it on their purely to trap people into booking with his hostel but offered an alternative booking. Quite annoyed over the deception, I agreed as it was going to be too hard for me to change booking at this late stage. I strongly suggested he remove the fake listing. A hostel with no real atmosphere and misleading staff. Everything else is good but this hostel doesn't reach its full potential

It is located in a tourist streets with many other hostels and travel agencies. The dorm room was always full, a little smelly and not 100% clean. Most of the time the internet did not really work and there are much less plugs than people in one room. And do not ask the staff for tours. If you do so, they will keep trying to push you into expensive offers. I got the same tour for much less money at a travel agency down the street. There are much better hostels in the same street (same price).

The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel doesn't have a good common area so it's a little bit boring to be around. They should have lockers and improve on their security. We had a good time though.

Tony's hostel is a place to stay on low budget. Nothing is exceptional except the location which is actually close to the sights in Hanoi. Don't expect a party at the bar as the bar is nothing more than a fridge in the lobby. Guests tend to hang out at the Backpackers The Original next door. If you need to stay a few nights and can see through a worn out hotel, like we did, you will find it absolute OKAY! Thanks!

Firstly, we booked a room for 4 people, but they gave us a room with 6 people. They did not even excuse for that mistake. When we told them, they just responded: come on you have a bed. Secondly, the staff members went into our room and used our toilet (even at night!). The toilet had water dripping down all the time. The shower was cold, there was no hot water at all. And finally, they charge you way too much dor a bus ticket. Only positive point: good location So never again!

Over all it wasn't that bad of a hostel. That being said it's just so far below the par of what you can get for the same amount of money a few doors down. The shower and sink were broke in my dorm when I arrived, not a huge deal but is was a bit annoying. Rooms and sheet were pretty ruff to. The staff is great, they attempted to fix the shower and sink but only fixed the shower. If everywhere els is booked go for it but it would definitely not be my first choice.

We stayed here 2 nights and enjoyed very much . It was a very nice and funniest place to stay . Very helpful and they arrange tours to halong bay and open bus ticket for Us with a reasonable price . The room come with free breakfast , tea and coffee .. Just 5 $ /bed I don't expect more than that. Thanks Tony

• 15th Dec 2014

I can't say anything bad about Hanoi Tonys Hostel.Rooms were nice, I stayed in a few different rooms because I kept extending my stay and they were all nice enough. Free breakfast was good. Great location. If you stay here, definitely do the tour to Ha Long Bay, it was amazing. The Lobby bar is great with something different going on each night , staff are friendly . Definitely recommend this hostel!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay

Was a bit quiet when I was there as it was winter but the staff were really friendly and good fun, they'll have a beer with you! The manager from the hostel next door was in

Dorms are cool, they have a locker with a hole for your charger next to the bed - super handy!! You also get a locker under the bunk so there's lots of places to hide valuables! It's constantly happy hour in the bar! They even did 3 kegs of free beer! Booked tour through here and it was amazing! Definitely worth staying at

• 13th Nov 2014

This place is a great place to meet people. The rooms are ok for a basic hostel but there are cheaper places in the same street. The food is good and the bar is a great place to meet fellow backpackers.Overall a decent place to stay, great place to meet people.

We stayed here for our first two nights in Hanoi and have no complaints. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The dorm rooms were big and clean. All have a nice balcony and great bathrooms. The location is also very good. Walking distance to night market and beer corner. We booked the Halong Party Cruise for 3 days/2nights through the hostel and i can say, hands down, it's the best trip we ever did. When we came back from the trip we stayed for another two nights at the hostel in a diff

• 10th Nov 2014