Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

We booked a 4 bed dorms but when we arrived they tried to make us stay in a 10 (or maybe more) beds dorm. After some discussions we could actually moved to another room with 4 beds. However, the sheets were dirty, the walls were so wet and everywhere in this hostel, it was smelling super bad. The staff were not smilling at all, we had the impression to bother them so much. We finally decided to leave and try to find another hotel, but of course no reimbursement.

Room was damp and dirty. Bathroom poor. Staff and service helpful but hard job with what is now a very tired hostel.

• 17th Jan 2015

After booking this hostel, I was emailed by the owner that the room I booked didn't exist. He had listed it on their purely to trap people into booking with his hostel but offered an alternative booking. Quite annoyed over the deception, I agreed as it was going to be too hard for me to change booking at this late stage. I strongly suggested he remove the fake listing. A hostel with no real atmosphere and misleading staff. Everything else is good but this hostel doesn't reach its full potential

It is located in a tourist streets with many other hostels and travel agencies. The dorm room was always full, a little smelly and not 100% clean. Most of the time the internet did not really work and there are much less plugs than people in one room. And do not ask the staff for tours. If you do so, they will keep trying to push you into expensive offers. I got the same tour for much less money at a travel agency down the street. There are much better hostels in the same street (same price).

The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel doesn't have a good common area so it's a little bit boring to be around. They should have lockers and improve on their security. We had a good time though.

Tony's hostel is a place to stay on low budget. Nothing is exceptional except the location which is actually close to the sights in Hanoi. Don't expect a party at the bar as the bar is nothing more than a fridge in the lobby. Guests tend to hang out at the Backpackers The Original next door. If you need to stay a few nights and can see through a worn out hotel, like we did, you will find it absolute OKAY! Thanks!

Firstly, we booked a room for 4 people, but they gave us a room with 6 people. They did not even excuse for that mistake. When we told them, they just responded: come on you have a bed. Secondly, the staff members went into our room and used our toilet (even at night!). The toilet had water dripping down all the time. The shower was cold, there was no hot water at all. And finally, they charge you way too much dor a bus ticket. Only positive point: good location So never again!

Over all it wasn't that bad of a hostel. That being said it's just so far below the par of what you can get for the same amount of money a few doors down. The shower and sink were broke in my dorm when I arrived, not a huge deal but is was a bit annoying. Rooms and sheet were pretty ruff to. The staff is great, they attempted to fix the shower and sink but only fixed the shower. If everywhere els is booked go for it but it would definitely not be my first choice.

We stayed here 2 nights and enjoyed very much . It was a very nice and funniest place to stay . Very helpful and they arrange tours to halong bay and open bus ticket for Us with a reasonable price . The room come with free breakfast , tea and coffee .. Just 5 $ /bed I don't expect more than that. Thanks Tony

• 15th Dec 2014

I can't say anything bad about Hanoi Tonys Hostel.Rooms were nice, I stayed in a few different rooms because I kept extending my stay and they were all nice enough. Free breakfast was good. Great location. If you stay here, definitely do the tour to Ha Long Bay, it was amazing. The Lobby bar is great with something different going on each night , staff are friendly . Definitely recommend this hostel!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay

Was a bit quiet when I was there as it was winter but the staff were really friendly and good fun, they'll have a beer with you! The manager from the hostel next door was in

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! Whilst the location is excellent, and the prices more than reasonable for what you get, it is the staff that really make this a must stay place in Vietnam. Even before I arrived, Tony and Trinh had arranged my visa, overnight train ticket, airport transfer, and trip to Halong Bay. When I arrived I was given a complimentary breakfast and that set the tone for the rest of my stay - always going above what I expected. Nothing was ever too much,

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Dorms are cool, they have a locker with a hole for your charger next to the bed - super handy!! You also get a locker under the bunk so there's lots of places to hide valuables! It's constantly happy hour in the bar! They even did 3 kegs of free beer! Booked tour through here and it was amazing! Definitely worth staying at

• 13th Nov 2014

This place is a great place to meet people. The rooms are ok for a basic hostel but there are cheaper places in the same street. The food is good and the bar is a great place to meet fellow backpackers.Overall a decent place to stay, great place to meet people.

We stayed here for our first two nights in Hanoi and have no complaints. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The dorm rooms were big and clean. All have a nice balcony and great bathrooms. The location is also very good. Walking distance to night market and beer corner. We booked the Halong Party Cruise for 3 days/2nights through the hostel and i can say, hands down, it's the best trip we ever did. When we came back from the trip we stayed for another two nights at the hostel in a diff

• 10th Nov 2014

There is Great hostel . - clean and comfortable - lovely english speaking and vietnamese speaking staff -plenty of events organised for stuff to do - excellent knowledge of the area to plan outings We went on the halong bay tour organised by them (not castaway) and although they told us it would be more fitting for couples and families, my group of nine 20 year olds had the most amazing time. There wasnt one family or older person there (not that we'd of minded)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Cheap, clean, conveniently located and excellent staff. There's always something going on in this place, quizzes, free drink beer and Vodka, happy hours, you name it. A great way to meet people.quiet down,be nice too. You can book well organized tours and the staff is always helpful and friendly.Good vibe, (helped us organise train tickets/taxis etc and let us safely leave our backpacks while we went to Sapa for a few days) Highly recommended Tonys Hostel!

The rooms are very dirty and packed with too many beds. My blanket and linen were dirty and even mouldy. The walls are mouldy as well. The showers do not work properly.

• 2nd Nov 2014

We arrived late from hanoi airport to a shocking dirty room with a strong smell of urine, covered in mould, stained sheets and no method to lock the windows. As it was so late We requested to move to another room which the staff could not do without tonys permission. When we cancelled under the 24 hour cancellation policy tony refused to give our money back and hung up the phone on us. Tonys also copies nearby hostel tours and maps. Never stay here!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Dear Partner. Could you help me to make an investigation on this review... Because We don't see guests arrival on this date ..and this review seem not for Us ,We don't copies nearby hostel tours and maps They may get to wrong other Hostels in Hanoi ...or review could make by some competitor .

Very rude staff, didn't let us pay with card, AC didn't work, toilet was dirty, cockroaches in the room. Mainly rude for not taking the Halong tour with them.

• 31st Oct 2014