Hanoi Tony's Hotel Reviews

56 Ngo Huyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Good location , very friendly staff . Tours I booked cheaper than other office . they wiling to help without put any question . i woud recommend to everyone i know.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Dear our valued guests, Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Hanoi tony’s Hostel on hostelworld . On behalf of the Hotel and staff we wholeheartedly appreciate the wonderful review you have given and are so pleased that our services fulfilled all your desires. We are happy to learn that you have had a pleasant and memorable trip in Hanoi. The staff and the management of the Hanoi tonys Hostel continually strive to provide our guests with the best possible service.

We like the staff there. They helped us a lot preparing our tours and we now the price was cheaper than other hotels. We also need to change money and they bring us to the office. The last day the gave us a taxi to go to the airport. One night we arrived at 5am in the morning from a tour and we were living at 9am to the next one. They provided us with a room to take showers and rest for a while for free. They made us feel very comfortable.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Angola

We stayed at Tonys hostel for 2 nights . The staff were so friendly and helpful . When we arrived Tony helped ud to organise our itinary for vietnam . Helped us book trip to halong bay and sapa . Both were brilliant . You should go to sapa and do home stay trip . The breakfast at hotel were amazing free tea and coffee all day. I would definately recommemd hanoi Tonys hostel and will stay again. We love you . Tony :😇

• 19th Mar 2014

qiet nice good staff

This was cheapest hostel I ever stayed. staff frieldly ..rooms are clean.

Staff were not vert welcoming or friendly and didn't seem to want to help. Breakfast was decent. WiFi only worked sometimes. People I met there were great!

The hardest mattress I've ever slept on!

Dear. Thanks for your value comments and staying with Tony's Hostel. Please lets me know if you don't like Hard mattress . We would more than Happy to change soft mattress for you.. in fact a lot of people also prefer a hard mattress instead of soft one..hope you enjoy your time in Ours Hostel . We are committed to serve you better when you come back. Best Regards Tony

Sooo good and cheaper to compare to others Hostel. Friendly staff nice and clean room. wifi all floor . free internet in Loby. Tony is the Best staff members. Who's always want me to become drunk with him. I love It here so much.

• 28th Jan 2014

This was The Best Hostel ever and ever. I stayed here during Tet (new year of vietnam) ..Tony had offer new year party with free every drink as wisky , vodka , wine and beer...Its an overnight party .we were all drunk. Tony was very generous and polite person. I would recommend 100% ..

Fine place to stay, one pf the best thing about it is that it is very quiet and you cannot hear all the noise of Hanoi. The staff was pretty helpful and cooperative!

Great for the price! Fantastic location. Room was average. Atmosphere.. well there was none. But located right near the Hanoi Backpackers.. stay at Tony's, party at Hanoi Backpackers - what we did and had a great time!

Tony and the rest of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They had a great Christmas Eve party which made up for not being at home for Christmas. He was also really helpful before we arrived, helping organise pick up and making arrangements for a Halong Bay tour. Would definitely recommend this hostel :)

Booked an en suite twin room and had the hardest beds we'd ever slept on in our lives. Incredibly dark, drab and dreary room that wasn't cleaned often enough. Ants in the room and bathroom, too.

This place is kind of a dump--our room was moldy smelling and freezing cold. There is also absolutely nowhere to hang out apart from the rooms themselves. Not a good place for backpackers to meet other travelers. Additionally, one of the staff tried to overcharge us for our room--$1 more per night than what I had signed up for on Hostelworld. He said if I didn't like it I could leave. Plus the internet hardly ever worked. Go to Hanoi Backpackers instead!

I stayed in a private room. Other than a damp smell, it was a perfectly good room that just needed a good scrub! Location is great, right on backpacker's street so it was a hive of activity and great food! Tony and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and greeted you like they were your best friends. Free Breakfast is a bonus, and that's the most social time for solo travellers to find people. Great hostel overall though!

Actually we were quite happy with the hostel although you need to know which room to take - rooms ending on 02 or 03 were pretty moldy and we had rats over at night (or something else steeling our chocolate, biting on my earphones and moving our socks around). Rooms ending on 01 were completely fine - clean, no mold. Staff was average but pretty ambitious on selling you tours even if you are completely jetlagged. In sum: Okay hostel and very cheap, so we came back and would recommend it.

• 15th Oct 2013

Dear customers.   Thanks for Your useful feedback .we wanted to say thank for opinions of customers.By this way we will learn the lessons and to serve you better..we again ask you to pay attention please do not bring food into the bedroom. and closed the window when sleeping..because you are living in the old town center, houses next to the houses . rats run from thishouse to the others can not control. Thanks for your staying with Us. Best Regards Tony

Tony the lionnnn. The best hostel In vietnam.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Spain

This place is very nice, the staff is the best! Very helpful and they arranged tours to Halong Bay and bus tickets for me. Tony is awesome, when I came back at 3am in the morning, he was up drinking vodka+mixers (mostley vodka!) with some others who were staying at the hostel. I ended up drinking with them till...late! :)

This hôtel is very good. We spent 2 nights on dorm (8 beds). It's very clean and there is air conditioning. And all the Staff speaks english, is very helpfull, and friendly. I recommend this place !

Traveling as 2 girls (UK). We arrived late at night having pre-booked 1 nights stay. Tony and his team were more than welcoming and made us feel really at home straight away. Stayed in a 4 bed girls dorm which was clean and secure. We ended up staying for 2 nights prior to Halong Bay then 1 night after before departing. Worth knowing that the hostel is called Tonys and he provides a great coffee and breakfast in the morning for no extra charge. Had a great stay and would definitely come back!