Hanoi Zesty Hostel Reviews

20B Hang can str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam

Nice breakfast for this price, stuff was not that annoying (as many mentioned) but friendly, easy rooms which do not have a heating. Can be cold in winter but we survived. Liked it that we two had a room for four which was always empty so we had a private room for under 5$ per person incl. private bathroom + breakfast. So you can not complain. Good laundry service!

Didn't think this place was very good. It felt a little run down, 4 bed dorm rooms were too small. There are much better options in Hanoi for the same price

By reading all the positive reviews we had a good feeling about coming here. Yes it is not so expensive so a bed to sleep and a warm shower is nice. But the room itself was not clean, especially the bathroom: moist, not clean and full of mold. The staff is nice but they are pushy with the tours. When they arrange a taxi for you, you pay way more than the actual price (this happened to more people). The location is good, breakfast is eggs with bread, but overal we were not so enthousiastic.

• 16th Jan 2016

Ended up staying longer, staff were so friendly and nice! Didn't make it up for the breakfast, so I have no opinion. Bedrooms were compact, but all ammenities worked perfectly.

We stayed in a private room. The beds were quite hard, and the shower ran out of water before we could even step in. The wifi did not work in our room at all. We had to walk up sever flights of stairs that are quite steep and curvy to get up, which was difficult with our large bags soi F you're going to have big bags, request a room closer to the ground floor! The room was clean and the staff and breakfast were fantastic. The location is right in her heart of the old quarter;conveniently.

Very friendly stuff and not to pushy with there tours. Our room was very damp and smelt musky. But was good for the price and close to everything. Tip: book airport transfers with them, we didn't and paid $25 for the taxi there when it's about $13 with the hostel I believe.

• 29th Dec 2015

The Zesty Hotel is a perfect choice for your stay in Hanoi, the location is awesome, downtown, close to the night market and the pubs and restaurants area, and the staff is very kind and professional, especcially Anna, she recommended me a 2 days trip to Halong Bay and the experince was really great, I totally recommend this hotel.

• 28th Dec 2015

The Hostel has a great location. The atmosphere is quite and welcoming. All the staff is very nice. It was great that after my 2 day trip to halong bay, Tracy had taken care of my left luggage and laundry, so that I was able to leave to the bus station right away.

Great budget hotel! The location is perfect, in the middle of the old's quatier of Hanoi. Breakfast is included on the price and is very tasty. Staff is very helpful, specially Anna who helped me with directions to move around the area.

The staff here are helpful. Sorted out a sim for us and booked our travel onto Cat Ba Island. The rooms are a little tiered and could do with a lick of new paint but in general this place is ok.

We did encounter alot of noise from the roof as we where on the top floor. We also didn't get an option about Windows and was put in a room without. The design of the shower was terrible as it was not sealed in the tray and the curtain didn't stop the water flooding the floor. The staff made up for this and I would recommend to another if these problems fixed.

Hot showers, comfortable beds (for a hostel) and good wifi in the rooms and downstairs. The breakfast was great, loads of options and good quality. Airport transfer was $13 for 2 people and it was a private car SUV with air con which was nice. We only stayed one night and the area was good for walking to the lake, markets, food places and generally backpacker areas !

We have a very good time here! Very recommend! Lovely staff!! Anna was wonderful!!!

Very friendly staff, extremely accommodating. Anna was exceptionally nice and easy to get along with. She provided great help always with a smile. If we were to stay In Hanoi again we would definitely stay at the Zesty Hotel.

• 26th Nov 2015

Lovely hotel in an excellent position with friendly staff!

• 25th Nov 2015

Hotel is really nice. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We booked our trips to Halong Bay and Sapa with Mr. Jimmy. He helped us very good booking the busses and the trip. Very nice guy and service. Other staff at the reception is really kind as well and open for any questions. Nice place in the old part of Hanoi....

We were really impressed with this hotel, excellent location in the old quarter of Hanoi, 5 minute walk to the lake, loads of restaurants and bars close by, staff always ready to help out, free brekkie, tour advice and bookings, and they let us use facilities in between our tours, thanks so much

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Spain

The shower was falling from the wall and would work every now and then. My boyfriend got flu-like symptoms as well as pink eye when staying at this hotel but the symptoms would disappear when away from the room after a couple of hours. I got a rash on my face from where I was sleeping on the sheets one night and now my cheek is peeling on one side of my face. The beds were so hard that my whole body hurt the next day. The staff was friendly and I had no problem with them, just everything else.

DO NOT STAY HERE! YOU MAY DIE IF YOU DO! When we arrived there was a rat inside. We should have taken that as a sign and left. Upon staying here for 1 and 1/2 days, we got super dizzy, bad headaches, nauseous and had flu like symptoms. These would leave a few hours after we left the hotel room and return when we got back. So we checked out early for a different hostel and immediately felt better! Also - the bed was ROCK hard! (Look up phosphine poisoning - pretty sure that is the issue here)

I stayed here on my first night in Vietnam, my flight arrived late at night (1am) so i was slightly concerned about checking in... No need to worry! The night attendant was very friendly and was even nice enough to get me a beer and ice at this early hour! Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was fantastic (I had the omelette). Would definitely recommend this, great wee place in great location.

• 30th Oct 2015