Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was my first hostel experience. With that said, I have little to compare it to, but I don't really have any major complaints. I only stayed for one night, but there are plenty of places to hang out and meet new people within the hostel! The room I was in was a little cramped, but I got what I payed for haha Location was GREAT. Biggest complaint: Dinner food was not very good. but it's nice that they include breakfast.

• 5th Jul 2015

Way too hot. Can't even open windows all the way. Not worth staying in unless you want to sleep in a pool of sweat

• 3rd Jul 2015

The problem we had is that there was no AC in the room and it was a boiler, everybody had trouble sleeping and the windows wouldn't open completely, so that air would run. I know AC is kind of difficult to put in the Netherlands, but maybe for hot days you should consider the possibility of opening the windows fully.

Was an interesting stay. Dude I'm the front desk early morning was . . . Fun 😀

• 28th Jun 2015

Decent enough place. Downstairs bar/restaurant provided cheap food which was surprisingly good. 24/7 reception was helpful and fluent english. Each bed had their own lockers and the bathroom in our 6-bed dorm was usable and LOVELY.

It was a little dirty and there is no bed linien but anyway is well located and for the price is okay

Ideal for young travellers on the move as I probably wouldn't have liked to stay for more than the one night. Shower was old and dirty. Pillows had someone else's hair on them when we arrived. Staff were mostly helpful but also pretty disinterested. The luggage room isn't the most secure place as we noticed a lot of the bags had been looted. Bar staff were clearly very inexperienced. But good location, breakfast included in the price is a plus. Fun atmosphere.

Loved staying here! The atmosphere was brilliant and the fact that a lovely breakfast was included was a bonus. The bar is vibrant and the drinks prices are a lot cheaper than in the town - 10 euros for a pitcher of heineken! Only criticism - I booked a 5 mixed room for 3 people (female) but we were put into a room for 4 with a lone male who did not speak english; I felt sorry for him as we are loud girls and he seemed very uncomfortable.

• 26th Jun 2015

Wouldn't say a bad place but definitely wouldn't describe it as a nice stay , main complaint was the room (tiny,smelly and hot) and the noise

• 25th Jun 2015

Overall the Hostel was good for the price & the location is ideal being an easy bike ride to everything & really easy to get there from Airport. The breakfast was great with a nice variety. The bathrooms were the biggest downfall they were small & had no hooks, no toilet seat & nowhere to put your things when you were showering & when you're in a 6 bed mixed dorm this is kind of essential. Also it didn't bother us but if your the type who likes it quiet to sleep, it's quite noisey.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Bathrooms really need hooks or shelves, or something to keep your clothes off the wet ground. Internet was out for the first day I was there. Staff seemed impatient.

Overall good. Very basic place... definitely get what you pay for. Wifi was down.... not good. Staff is lame.

We’re sorry to hear you think we’re lame. We’re not per sé saying it isn’t true, but we would like to know why you think so, so we can de-lame ourselves. Wifi is having some hiccups lately, are solving it. Glad overall you liked your stay!

The hostel is in a great location, has a good standard of cleanliness and all the basics you need for a holiday at a very reasonable price. Our only concern was the... 'Mess' left in the communal male toilets which included blood although that is probably a measure of the clientele than the hostel itself! I have reviewed it as a hostel (which it is and I knew it was), if I'd believed it was a hotel though, I would have expected more!! It also got quite loud some nights so take earplugs!

• 21st Jun 2015

Please wifi is very important!!!!! Don't lie about having wifi in the hostel!

The thing is, we’re actually not a hostel. We’re a place where people go to where they need to rehab from internet. Just kiddin. Wifi is mostly here, but due to the reconstruction of our bar it had been off for some time. We didn’t ‘lie’ about it, it was just broke for a while. Now it’s back in the air!

You get what it says, nice facilities the main criticism is the wifi, which is next to impossible to connect to.

It was a really good hostel, big brekky and good bar. Can be really noisy at times sounded like a rave going on at 6am everyday!

• 20th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review! Apart from liking your positive words,we also like that we’ve learnt a new word (brekky) from you review. See you soon, we hope?!

The worst hostel in the world!!! lol Check in was easy. Was briefed well by the staff. Room was basic and clean. Enough space for 4 pax. The locker was small but did the job. Toilet was clean. Fresh towel everyday. Was pretty lucky because both night, the room was for myself. Met a lot of travelers while staying. Really great and cheap hostel with a perfect location for roaming around Amsterdam.

Many thanks for your review, very happy to read you’ve enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again sometime!

The hostel is huge with a lot of young people. There is a bar and an underground bar opened until 4am. Our room is more than enough for a weekend with friends. The location is perfect, just near the center. The breakfast is not so complete but it is ok. Bread with jam and cheese and some fruit and cereals. I strongly recommnend this hostel.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

Muuiittoooo obrigado! Love to read your review! Did you know we recently opened a hostel is Portugal (Lisbon) as well? Hope to see you again in either of both places!

The rooms were OK, everything was clean, the breakfast was included in the price and did take away hungerhunger:) the bartenders were supercool!

Good value. We're fairly certain our camera was stolen from the luggage room here, but to be fair, they had warning signs up to not leave important things in the room.

Thanks for the honesty! And we are sincerely sorry that you’ve lost your camera; next time, rent a safe at reception, you’re stuff is safe in there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6