Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Some soap in the bathrooms to wash hands would be greatly appreciated. Apart from that great hostel!! Breakfast was really good! I felt safe around the hostel, was a good location.

Hans Brinker is in a great location and the staff very friendly and helpful. I'd be very happy to stay there again and would absolutely recommend the place to any traveller or visitor who has a low budget. Thank you Hans Brinker Hotel for a cool stay in Amsterdam.

• 17th May 2015

Very lively hostel, as you'd expect in Amsterdam! There are no luxury furnishings but everything is functional and clean, and the staff friendly. Basically, they provide everything you could need. The only problem I had was kind of silly: I was assigned the top bunk but could not get up there despite repeated attempts - I'm not very tall! So if you're a shortie, ask for a bottom bunk or just arrange with your roommates.

Do you know how shock am I ? I order an mixed 6 person room, and my roommate are 5 boy .....only one girl is me.

Really close to everything and really nice breakfast in the morning.

• 16th May 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel was ok the staff were friendly enough but we had bed lice in the bunks which gross and wasn't very nice.

Breakfast is great (crepes, bread, cheese, ham, spreads, coffee, yoghurt, fruit, eggs, tomatoes) and kind of makes this hostel. Location is pretty good walking distance to all major sites and close to the nightlife. Hostel is clean. Doesn't have a kitchen but can eat there.

Tipical big hostel, 25 minutes away from Dam sq. By foot. Its basic, you only have a bed, but Internet works very well and the breakfast is very good.

Good value for money nice and cheap and not to far to walk to the city. Very decent prices drinks at the bar. Had some very rude dorm mates but that can't be helped.

This is a hostel for single men that are here to party only... Not clean, safe or suitable for couples.

bunk bed without ladder... so not easy to get on top And the 2 elect. plug are on the bottom bed

Thanks for your review - good to see you liked our hostel even though you had to practice some gymnastics to get in bed! Hope to see you again sometime!

It´s hard to get a good nights sleep on Weekends with drunk guests screaming around on the Hotel floors and banging doors. I suppose this is part of your concept. But still I think a bit more common decency isn´t to much to ask for. And I think that your staff is obliged to enforce this.Other than that we had a great time.

excellent hostel just to rest, because the atmosphere is sad, nobody in the lobby and so quiet. So clean, the personal nice, good u bicarbonate

Thank you for your review. We also like that we have a good bicarbonate. We do wonder where all the guests went when you stayed with us then… But we’re glad you liked your stay!

One of the worst Hostels I've stayed in. - Smelled horrible. - There was blood on on of our towels. - The lockers aren't fastened to the wall and as a result nearly fell on my friend. - Mass groups of people standing around the entrance smoking. Pay a tiny bit extra and just stay in a hotel.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

True, we’re basic; this doesn’t mean you should find blood on towels or horrible smells, and as soon as this is reported to us we’ll definitely take action. Sorry to hear you didn’t like your stay much; we do hope you did like your stay in Amsterdam in general.

As Advertised.

the staff was distant and not very helpful with asked question

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Too bad to hear our staff wasn’t very helpful to you. We’ll try to do better next time!

location is perfect,clean beds everyday,comprehensive staff ! The bathrooms are kinda too small and the street are a little noisy,but you get used to it ! too bad the outside garden lacks of tables and chairs ! Nice stay anyway

• 19th Apr 2015

Many thanks for your positive words! And great idea to put tables in the garden… we’ll think about it! Hope to see you again soon!

The bathroom in the room was not cleaned up during my 3 night stay (there was a smudge of something in the sink as proof). Also, it smelled as sewer, badly. And it propagated to the room. My particular room didn't have a window that could be opened to ventilate, so the smells piled up. The wifi was HORRIBLE. The lockers were very small, so you couldn't stuff a regular-sized suitcase in there.

Thank you for your comments, it is always good to know what can be improved in our hostel. Although we must stay that normally we clean rooms daily. We do hope you had a nice time in Amsterdam!

I was impressed by the quality of my matrass, it felt like new. The hotel has a bar with happy hour betweem 5 and 6 pm and a basement club open from 10 pm. Great and cheap place in the centre of Amsterdam to party and get to know new people from around the globe.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Many thanks for your positive words! We’re happy you liked your stay with us!

good in terms of atmosphere: bar, restaurant and club.. But staff wasn't very helpful: didnt even mention the existence of the club or bar, or the fact that there is internet or basic rules... Didnt like much the room despite having a bathroom (which is a plus): it was difficult to identify the bags (it even led to a dilemma with another costumer) and there should be a ladder to climb to the top beds.

Thanks for your review, you help us to improve our property!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5