Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff at this hostel was not helpful one bit. Every time I would ask them a question they either did not know the answer or gave me such a vague answer that was no help at all. On top of that, they need to communicate more with the rest of the staff as they sent us to a dirty room that was not cleaned yet. As for location, I guess it was decent, a 20 minute walk from most things.

hostel's bar is cheap and has a good atmosphere. but there is a problem: lockers are so narrow, they are not useful.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

I was on the top bunk which had no guard rail and also no ladder to get up there. The lock on my locker was broken and the places was just old and run down and bad

I enjoyed staying at hans brinker...the only thing is the rooms are quite small for 4 people. Good and positive after all. Sal

• 9th Nov 2014

Went to the Hans Brinker for my 25th birthday with 7 of my friends. we had An amazing time! The bar and club in the hostel was great fun after a night out. The beds were comfy and everything was nice and clean. The staff at reception were rude though that's the only negative! Overall a great time. Choose the HANS BRINKER!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Good atmosphere, relatively clean. Just a terrible smell in the bathroom.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Its a hostel , i dont think you should expect to much ,its cheap living but everything you need , and considering ive now stayed here twice for two seperate trips the fact im still happy with the place has to be good

• 6th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Dandy, did what it said on the tin.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The value for money is very good. A ladder for the beds in the dormitory would have been good. Maybe you can ask people to be quiet during the night in the corridor near the dormitory, because it was a bit noisy.

• 1st Nov 2014

Our shower wasn't too good because, there was not enough water on one point, but everywhere else in the bathroom. The rest was fine. And we would come back at any time :)

• 31st Oct 2014

Very nice place, kind staff, perfect location, clean place, good value for money Negative point: towels very small (bring your own), in the "private ensuite rooms" the wall of the shower toilet is a see through glass

Definetely coming back again :) Kisses

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

Geweldig hostel. Alles wat we verwacht hadden, daarom dat we er ook al vaker geweest zijn. Great Hostel. Everything we expected. We have been there many times.

• Belgium

Great hostel.

• All Male Group, 31-40

Very good location, the staff is helpfull, my room was clean and great breakfast for the morning ! Best value for money In Amsterdam !

• 25th Oct 2014

We had no electricity both nights of our stay. We had gone out of our way to book a twin room to have a little bit of time out from the dorm life, and we're given no compensation for the fact that we were showing in the dark, without appliances and without heating. The hostel staff (including the manager) are rude, inconsiderate and above all, ignorant. Do not stay here if your life depends on it.

• 24th Oct 2014

Loved the hostel, friendly, smiling staff and the location, my only minor issue was with the buildings maintenance. I have stayed in many budget hostels and i do understand it is not always easy to keep up with such things as painting etc, but as i come from a trades background these sort of things are the first to catches my eye. Very happy with my stay though.

• 22nd Oct 2014

They really work on the negative marketing and it works. You go in with very low expectations. In saying that, the location is excellent, the rooms are clean, the bar is pretty funky and cheap and the FREE breakfast does the job nicely (toast, cheese, ham, boiled eggs, tomatoes, muesli and yoghurt). Would recommend to anyone on a budget, also Mike's Bikes is next door which is a good option for a bike tour and you get €1 off #winning

I thought the bathroom was kind of gross and there were bugs in the room. My friend had a hard time getting up onto the top bunk but other than that it was a place to sleep.

• 17th Oct 2014

On average, the hostel is not bad, but usually one can find something better in Amsterdam for the same price or even cheaper. The location of the is also not bad, but - again - for the price one could find something closer to the city centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7