Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The process to show the key to enter the hotel is not efficient The breakfast queue was very huge we couldn't take breakfast in time The staff was not really welcoming The light from the hotel sign in the street was very bright in the room even at night

• 11th Apr 2014

This was one of the worst hostel I have ever stayed but as I stayed in another hostel in Amsterdam before, I would say that it is hard to find a good one in Amsterdam. I chose this hostel because it was relatively cheap. However, I was expecting better facilities in room. Especially bathroom was really small and hard to use. It was not clean as well. Staff looked little bit cold when I first checked in but they tried to answer all of my questions. Staff was the best point in that hostel.

• Turkey

Reception was super slow, but other than that a perfectly good hostel!!

Hi, Great to read you experienced the Hans Brinker Hotel as a perfectly good hostel! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Very good value for money. Large rooms, excellent spot, and nice staff. It is a hostel so of course you should expect noise and a breakfast that is not tremendously tasty. But for that price it cannot get better.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hi, Thanks for your recommendation! Did you have our freshly made pancakes for breakfast? They are the best! Greetings, Hans Brinker

It is a cheap hotel. The bar is reasonable on prices, but the club in the basement wasn't too fun. Beds and all were comfortable, but the shower and toilet combination make for an unpleasant clean up since the shower water is guaranteed to fill up the bathroom floor. Other than idiots who pass out in the wrong bed, because they are too drunk to get tot he top bunk, (not the the hostel can stop that), it was a great time in Amsterdam.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hi , Nice to read you've had a great time in Amsterdam!! Next time you're staying at the Hans Brinker Hotel ask for the top bunk so no drunk roommates can fall asleep at your bed :)!! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Stayed at Hans Brinker for the third time. It is a basic accomodation but very good value for money. Located in the centrer of Amsterdam within walking distance to all major sights. Ensuite rooms. Breakfast included in the price. Recommended!

Hi, Thanks for your review and your recommendation! Looking forward to the 4th time you're staying at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Hotel environment is excellent for travelers who are alone interested in mingling around. Good for group sharing. Location is convenient to go to train station, can rent bike to ride around the city. The bed was good to sleep on, toilet needs to be improved because of the cleanliness and amenities there. Food for breakfast is average, for 1-2 nights, it is enough but nothing impressive.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

I've got two rooms for two nights with no reservation. And I payed 25€/night and pers. This was great! The rooms were comfortable and so the services. The breakfast was just fine.

Hi ! It's cheap, isn't it?:)! Thanks for writing the review and we hope to see you again soon at the Hans Brinker Hotel! Greetings!

Perfect location for a short stay in Amsterdam! nearly perfect location, facilities/security is okay If you need a bed to sleep and stay the rest of the day in town it s the perfect place to be!

Hi , Thanks for your review!! We hope to welcome you again soon in Amsterdam and at the Hans Brinker Hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

You get what you pay for on this stay. This was my second stay in 2 years, so I knew what to expect. Bedroom was fine, loved happy hour and everything in the city was in good leisurely walking distance. Would still stay here again!

• 27th Mar 2014

Hi ! Thanks for your review! Looking forward to your third stay at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

the walls are very thin and the hostel was full of very young students who made a lot of noise throughout the night! this was a bit annoying but apart from that, the hostel was fine. Very near the museums.

Hi, Thanks for your review! We are a youth hotel so the bar or club can get crowded of students at night! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Everything was fine except for the bathroom. It smelled horrible. I am not sure if it was lack of cleaning or a sewer problem, the smell never went away.

Hi, Sorry to read you've experienced some difficulties during your stay. We clean our rooms every day, so it's not a cleaning problem. We hope to welcome you again in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

For me, one of the best in Amstedam! the only problem (not a real problem) is that we have to call to confirm the booking before arrive.

Hi, Thanks for your review! When you arrive later than the expected time you could send us a Facebook message too, so you don't have to call! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

EVERY TIME I COME OVER THIS IS IDEAL AS A GOOD WELCOME IS AWAITS YOU & BEING BUSY YOU SINK INTO THE PLACE .

Hi! Thanks for your review! I guess we will see you again soon! Greetings, Hans Brinker

As fun as ever, clean and everyone is cool. Can't ask for more at the price

• 10th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

nice place not too expensive and well located. it was a little noisy in the night but when you go to hostels you already know that it won't really be quiet. the staff was really nice!

• 8th Mar 2014

Hi! Thanks for your great comment! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

I recommend a stay to convicts or those who want to have a 'nearly jail'-experience. There's no Wi-Fi (except for the basement).

• 7th Mar 2014

Hi, We are basic, but we are definitely not a jail. We have a great bar, restaurant and club! Our wifi is not only at the basement, but also at our bar and restaurant! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Clean, simple... but beware: Hans Brinker is a noisy hostel. Don't expect getting much sleep!

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Hi, Thanks for your message. We can't guarantee a noise-free room, but we can guarantee a unique and awesome stay in the middle of Amsterdam! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Good, no frills accommodation in central Amsterdam.

• 6th Mar 2014

This hostel is not even worth its low price! As a student who is used to grimy dorm conditions, I expected something similar (cheap, no frills, just a place to crash after a day in Amsterdam) but I was absolutely disgusted by the conditions of the hotel. I found multiple insects in the bedroom (on the linens) and the bathrooms were filthy (beyond dorm conditions). Would not recommend to anyone at all.

• 14th Feb 2014

Hi, Our rooms get cleaned every day, including bed linen and towels. When you share a room with other people they can get the place messy after cleaning. Greetings, Hans Brinker

« first « Prev 1 2 3