Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

You get what you pay for! Mattresses were comfortable. Highly recommend for a budget stay.

I took 30min in a queue to do the check-in; The staff could have been more kind and help me better in order to have internet. Note I and my roommates couldn't have internet. Nowadays, it is a big fault;

Cracking three night stay! When we moved in we wish we could have gone back. It may advertise itself as the worst hotel in the world, but for the amount it costs and it's location it's probably the best value for money hotel I've been to!

Great location, nice breakfast

This hostel wasn't the best, but it did it's job. The breakfast was pretty good - always take advantage of every "free" meal you can get. The bar staff was also very friendly which was a plus since the groups of people there mainly stayed to themselves. A couple of cons were that my sheets had stains on them & the shower had hardly any water coming out of it.

The hostel breakfast is very good. The staff is a little bit ´cold´ but they always help you when you ask. The rooms are simple and do their propose. Overall we recommend this hostel to anyone who wishes a cheap stay in AMS.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Thanks a lot for your spot on review! Hope we may welcome you again sometime!

To call this place a budget hotel is a massive overstatement. It is more acane to a hovel where stained mattresses have been thrown on the floor in an attempt to trick you. The gremlin like staff do not care that your room is the tempreture of hell. Due to the fact that they must have signed their soles over to Beelzebub already. If you wish to clean yourself of the filth that enivitably sticks to you upon entering here, it would be better to jump in a canal that use their bathroom facilities.

Muhhahahahhahahahhahahahhaa (= evil laugh from the devils themselves).

The receptionists were extremely rude. They over charged me by €25 as they claimed the money we had paid in advance went to hostel world and then we had to pay an extra €25 even though I had an email with balance due on arrival. We haven't had this problem in any other hostel we've stayed in and they were all booked through hostel world too. People were also smoking in our rooms which wasn't very plesant.

• 15th Jul 2015

Really nice location, simple breakfast but included, rooms didn't feel crowded and had their own bathroom, overall really great stay.

Great! Many thanks for your positive words, makes us happy! Hope to see you again soon!

The hostel has a very good location. They have a club in the basement and a nice bar/lounge area. Lockers were big enough, beds were very comfortable. The room was SO HOT it felt like a sauna though, the window barely opened. One of the days the cleaning ladies got in the room to clean up for other guests checking in and left the door completely open while doing so. Everyone could see me lying there. Not very good for solo travelers, lots of groups.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us. We’ll ask our cleaning ladies to be a bit more subtle in the future ;) Hope you’ve enjoyed your time in Amsterdam!

I stayed just for one night but I can say the atmosphere s great and the hostel is well organized. The only "issue" was the lock room where I had to leave the luggage: it was a little bit crowded so be sure you do not leave anything precious and you close well your luggage (something can drop). But nothing happened to my luggage so nothing really to complain about.. on the contrary you go home with more faith in human beings :)

First hostel in Europe. Really appreciated the breakfast selection. The sheets smelled though.

Thanks for the review. Next time you visit us we'll make sure your sheets smell really nice!

Good place to stay in Amsterdam..free brekkie n wifi..only gripe is can have a long wait at reception as a busy hostel..

Be sure to bring earplugs, since at least the rooms on the first floor are quite loud due to the adjacent bar.

• 10th Jul 2015

Very good advice. Hope you've liked your stay with us!

Cheap cheerful

You get what it says on the tin, the bed clothes where surprisingly better than other hostels. Lots of choice for breakfast.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks a lot, hope to see you again soon - your bed is spread with us ;)

You get more than you pay for. A budget hostel, €22 in peak Summer, with an above-the-average breakfast (fruit, granola, muesli, yogurt, toasts, ham, cheese, spreads, coffee, tea), and free snacks everyday. They have a nice and cheap bar inside and a nice disco in the basement. Bathroom inside the room is not nice - the shower was spitting all around and it was hard to have a decent shower. But again - for a budget hostel, who cares? They also fixed a mistake in my reservation, so great staff.

Many thanks for your positive words, you made our day (although we would like to know who you got the free snacks from - we would like some as well!)

Was in an 8 bed dorm that had no opening windows. It was so disgusting to sleep at night, way too hot. Their breakfast was great though. Heaps of options and their bar area was good. Lots of school groups when I stayed, which got annoying to deal with. In the end I was ready to leave the place.

Thanks for your review, we hope you've enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam. Glad you liked our breakfast!

lovely street really close from Leidseplein and easy access downtown and the flower market. Very clean. Rooms little bit too hot during summer and the toilets have no propre exhaust. in general great place stay.

• 5th Jul 2015

When you first look at the map, it doesn't seem to be that close to the center of the city, but it really is. Really good location. Nice cheap bar to drink at where you can meet lots of other people staying there They also serves dinner for pretty cheap, but I didn't have any so I don't know how it is. The one problem I would say was it was really HOT! it was the middle of summer when I stayed, and there was no AirCon in the rooms, so it was kinda muggy. Overall though, a great hostel.

• 5th Jul 2015