Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I arrived at 10:30pm on Tuesday night and was immediately made feel welcome by the staff. The bar was booming and full of people on their travels and the atmosphere was very sociable. The showers were decent and the location was fantastic. I'll definitely stay here again!

• 25th Aug 2015

This is definitely the best located haotel in Amsterdam ( my opinion). Adding free breakfast, bathroom inside my bedroom dorm and reasonable price = prefect stay.

The girl who checked us in was one of the unfriendliest receptionists I've ever met. Other staff were much nicer. We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed dorm and were put in a 6 bed dorm. On first getting in our room there were piles of dirty towels and sheets, but no clean sheets or towels for us. After the initial bad impressions of the place our stay turned out to be very nice. I'd stay here again, but only if no other places for a similar price were available. The free breakfast was great!!

Really loved this hostel. Big enough lockers for all my camping stuff and there were plug sockets beside each bed so I could leave my phone charging at night and not be worried! Breakfast was included in the price and it was really nice! The long haired dude at reception was cool and sorted out everything I needed. Defiantly would stay again and recommend this hostel!

Amazing as usual

• 19th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I was confused. Because I need for september. I did book for august. I need talk to hostel If is possible change dates.

• 17th Aug 2015

This hostel is nice, especially for backpackers. A bit noisy at night due to the bar down below and lousy wifi, but the location is just 2-3 minutes walk to nearest tram stop and just next to the area filled with restaurants, so finding food even at night would be easy. Recommended!

The room looks like a prision, hahaha And the wi-fi was not working properly, looks like a autentication problem or too many people connected, because when it works, was very good. Otherwise, great atmosphere, well clean, very well located, oh, and such a delicious breakfast!!!

• 17th Aug 2015

Oh here one night but I think it would have been better had I stayed longer. Seemed like a good spot to stay. Really loud especially having a room on the first floor. Could hear music in the reception area all night.

Air conditioning would be good - at an extra cost

• 14th Aug 2015

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at. Checked in, put our stuff in the dorm, and went out. When we get back, the guy at reception says there's a problem with our room (this is about 2-3am). Proceeds to tell us the room was overbooked and that he told the extra guy to just sleep in any open bed. When we open the door, there's a guy asleep in my bed. Had to wake him up and argue at reception before I could sleep. Also, bathroom was flooded. Stay away.

• 13th Aug 2015

Bunk beds do not have stairs, climbing to the bed is hard especially when someone you do not know sleeps under your bed. Additionally, bunk beds do not have a protection someone could easily fall down.

only for young people.. unfriendly staff and everything is dirty

The wifi doesnt work at all and the cleanliness is argueable.

We had a 1 night stay in Amsterdam. Great location easy to find and to get to from the train station by the tram. We were three girls and we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm with washroom. It was tight but there were lockers and everything for everyone. The washroom was very tight in the room but still worked. you get what you pay for with this hostel it's pretty standard. Only complaint was that the girl at the reception was fairly rude to everyone.

Did everything asked of it.

• 13th Aug 2015

The worst hostel in Amsterdam. The showers are inside the room and the steam causes bad smells always. The beds are not clean and show yellow stains which is disgusting. I would never go back to this place. It's too expensive for what it offers.

A decent room and free breakfast. The staff weren't very friendly during check-in and when we asked questions but a cheap and cheerful place to stay for a couple of nights in Amsterdam.

The hostel is very dirty and all facilities are very old. The stuff was not so friendly and didn't give more information then necessary. Evan asking for ore details they weren't very helpful. A part from that if you want a cheap hostel close to the city center it is okay.

This place cannot be called 'a hotel' as it is much worse than any hostel I have ever been to. The rooms look like rooms which I would expect from the 1970s rather than 2015. However, the breakfast was good and most members of the staff were nice. Also, the location was good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7