Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were pleasantly surprised! Location is perfect, everything is in walking distance so you don't even need to use the public transportation :) The rooms are OK, only shower head could be better (water is everywhere, except on you :D). I think you can't get a better hostel for this price, and they offer free breakfast! We are definitely coming back!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

Nice hostel to stay near to the city centre!! Amazing bar with loads of different people and great prices. Would recommend this hostel...the funny advertising as the worst hostel in the world makes a special environment!!

Bathroom in the dorms are very disgusting and smell, but overall it was ok

• 29th Nov 2014

Thanks for your comment! Your review is of great value for us. I will let the maintenance-staff check out the room and fix the problem in the bathroom. Thank you for helping us improve our hotel. We hope to see you next time! Greetings, Hans

Glass bathroom in the en suites was an interesting shock! But very happy with cleanliness and housekeeping, staff very helpful and friendly. Would come again & recommend :) :)

• 23rd Nov 2014

Hi, thanks for your comment, your opinion matters to us! The glass bathrooms are only in 6 twins that we have, an interesting choice indeed :) However, in shared rooms everyone has their privacy! Glad to hear you had a great stay! We're happy to have you next time! Greetings, Hans

The hostel is very well located, in walking distance of everything, even the central station (of course, if you have heavy bags, it's best to take the tram). The bathrooms are indeed old, but everything works and is cleaned everyday. The breakfast is quite good, especially comparing with other hostels I've been in. All in all, good value for money.

Hi, thanks for your review! Glad to hear you had a good stay. We hope to see you another time! Greetings, Hans

Nice location to stay. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Rooms are good. Bathrooms can be improved a bit. Wifi strength is very good at the lobby but inside room, its poor. this has to be improved. Overall, a decent stay place.

Hi, Thanks for your review! Your opinion is of great value to us, this way we can improve our facilities and services. I've noted your room number, so we'll have a look at your bathroom and the Wi-Fi connection. Thanks for letting us know. We hope to see you another time! Greetings, Hans

Compared to other hostels that I've been, this one is the worst one.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Chile

Hi, thank you for leaving a review! Your opinion matters to us and helps us to improve the hotel. Therefor I've sent you an e-mail to follow up on your bad experience. I'd be happy to hear from you. Thank you!

Loved to stay on the Hans brinker! Great location, friendly staff and breakfast included. Beds are really comfortable as well!

• 20th Nov 2014

Hi , thanks for such loving words! We hope to see you another time! Greetings, Hans

Staff are twats club was never opened can't smoke and not clean. Stupid policy's!!!

• 19th Nov 2014

Hi, Thanks for your review! Your opinion matters to us, because it helps us to improve the hotel. Therefor I've send you an e-mail to further investigate your bad experience. To reply to some of your comments; our bar is daily opened, the club is opened nearly 350 days a year, this was just bad luck. Smoking is indeed not allowed in the hotel, this is Dutch law, not our policy. Thanks for understanding. Greetings!

The staff at this hostel was not helpful one bit. Every time I would ask them a question they either did not know the answer or gave me such a vague answer that was no help at all. On top of that, they need to communicate more with the rest of the staff as they sent us to a dirty room that was not cleaned yet. As for location, I guess it was decent, a 20 minute walk from most things.

thanks for your review! It helps us to improve the hotel. Therefor I've sent you an e-mail; I’d like to check which persons of staff you had a bad experience with, so I can handle this accordingly. Our apologies about sending you to the wrong room, mistakes can be made sometimes. However, I am sorry about this! Our location is very central; we are only 5min. away from the Leidsesquare and museum area. And a 10min. walk from Damsquare and the Heineken Brewery, to name a few.

We stayed in a private room which for the money was ok. The room was clean 1 thing which could improve the room would be to add a shower curtain as having a shower means everything including the toilet get soaked so you can't even have a towel in there ready! The staff were friendly and helpful. The food hall was nice and the food and drinks good value for money. I also love the hostels cat. Lovely stay here would definitely recommend and stay again.

• 14th Nov 2014

Hi , thank you for leaving a review, your comments help us improve the hotel! I'm sorry to hear the shower curtain was missing, I've let the handyman know, now there's a new one in this room. Happy to hear you've had a good time! And by the way; the cat, he's not ours, he just likes us so much! We hope to see you next time! Greetings, Hans

hostel's bar is cheap and has a good atmosphere. but there is a problem: lockers are so narrow, they are not useful.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Hi , thanks for leaving a review! Your opinion matters to us. Your comment about the lockers is noted. Happy to hear you've had a good experience overall! We hope to see you next time! Greetings, Hans

I was on the top bunk which had no guard rail and also no ladder to get up there. The lock on my locker was broken and the places was just old and run down and bad

Hi , thanks for leaving a review, your comments help us improve the hotel. I've sent the handyman to fix the locker, that's one improvement to start with :) We're happy to have you another time! Greetings, Hans

I enjoyed staying at hans brinker...the only thing is the rooms are quite small for 4 people. Good and positive after all. Sal

• 9th Nov 2014

Went to the Hans Brinker for my 25th birthday with 7 of my friends. we had An amazing time! The bar and club in the hostel was great fun after a night out. The beds were comfy and everything was nice and clean. The staff at reception were rude though that's the only negative! Overall a great time. Choose the HANS BRINKER!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Good atmosphere, relatively clean. Just a terrible smell in the bathroom.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Its a hostel , i dont think you should expect to much ,its cheap living but everything you need , and considering ive now stayed here twice for two seperate trips the fact im still happy with the place has to be good

• 6th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Dandy, did what it said on the tin.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The value for money is very good. A ladder for the beds in the dormitory would have been good. Maybe you can ask people to be quiet during the night in the corridor near the dormitory, because it was a bit noisy.

• 1st Nov 2014

Our shower wasn't too good because, there was not enough water on one point, but everywhere else in the bathroom. The rest was fine. And we would come back at any time :)

• 31st Oct 2014