Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

They really work on the negative marketing and it works. You go in with very low expectations. In saying that, the location is excellent, the rooms are clean, the bar is pretty funky and cheap and the FREE breakfast does the job nicely (toast, cheese, ham, boiled eggs, tomatoes, muesli and yoghurt). Would recommend to anyone on a budget, also Mike's Bikes is next door which is a good option for a bike tour and you get €1 off #winning

I thought the bathroom was kind of gross and there were bugs in the room. My friend had a hard time getting up onto the top bunk but other than that it was a place to sleep.

• 17th Oct 2014

On average, the hostel is not bad, but usually one can find something better in Amsterdam for the same price or even cheaper. The location of the is also not bad, but - again - for the price one could find something closer to the city centre.

I agree with the previous comments of it being "military-like" but it was a pretty average hostel otherwise!

Cheap hostel, whith excellent location and good breakfast!

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Lithuania

It is nice, party atmosphere consider this. Very good breakfast for value ;)

It was a very godo experience.Everything was clean and very organised, even with all the people that were there. The staff are really nice people and helpful. The only critic is that the bathroom and shower are tiny and they are in the bedrooms. When somebody needs to use it, it is too loud for the rest of the people sleeping there.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Staff was helpful but kind of rude. Lots of really random young teenagers there.

Bathroom is covered in mould.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into a room with mould in the bathroom, We paint our rooms + bathrooms once a year, and more often if necessary. Your room is on the to-do list! We hope to welcome you next time (in fresh bathroom)! Greetings, Hans Brinker

여자혼자 쓰기에는 좀 불편했던 호스텔이였습니다

Please add a second window to the rooms for 8 Persons. Or change at leat that the window who is in can be full opened and not only a little gap. The air in the room in the morning was really awful!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! I’m sorry to inform you that it’s something we cannot change. The windows may not be opened fully, because of safety regulations. We take safety matters very seriously. I'm sorry to hear this compromised the air in your room. Greetings, Hans Brinker

The atmosphere was very poor. I felt i was in the army. Too many schoolkids with no quality.

Everything was good. The Interior could be a bit more white or less-dark but thats just me. Would gladly stay here again and recommend to friends.

Quite a walk from the city centre and train station. Wifi worked well in rooms and the main dining area. Excellent breakfast. The ensuite shower was in good condition. Dorm room was large and spacious with cages under the bed for storage.

Absolutely good hostel for great value - only negative point is the shower that floods the whole bathroom. Rest was great - mostly very nice staff as well!

• 25th Sep 2014

Really great hostel! Spacious, moderately clean rooms with ensuite facilities. The bar and breakfast are awesome, and cheap happy hour drinks! Luggage storage and elevator were a bonus. The street is very close to everything and easy to find your way back because of the huge light-up "HOTEL" sign on the building that we called our "beacon of hope" :) The constant intercom announcements are mildly annoying throughout the day but you likely won't be hanging out in the room enough to care.

Hi, Thanks for your review! We hope to welcome you again soon at the 'beacon of hope'! Greetings, Hans Brinker

the reception could be a bit more nicer or attentive. the fact they make you like their fb page to get wi fi is boerderline criminal. bathrooms are really tiny and no hooks to hang nothing. its ok for a hostel but with a bit more it could have been a great place

Hi, What's not to like about our Facebook page? ;) Hans Brinker

I enjoyed staying there. I stayed in a dormitory. I felt the lockers in the dormitory could have been better, I found it a bit strange that there were lockers beside the beds, but the lockers beside my bed did not correspond with the number of my bed!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hello, Great you've enjoyed your stay! See you next time! Hans Brinker

The room is very smelly and the air circulation is very bad.. The bed is dirty and quiet dangerous if u sleep on the top bed and most of the locker is spoil... Toilet and room is disgusting..

Hi, We are located in a very old building, so sometimes the sewerage may smell something during rainy days. We can assure you though all our rooms and bathrooms get cleaned every day and we definately provide clean bed linen and towels! Hans Brinker

Price:Value