Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

See below comment.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Hi Sven, Although your review isn't really clear, we hope you've had a great stay in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Was helpful that the staff put me and my 3 friends together when we had all booked separately. Missed breakfast as the queue was so big we had to leave we should have been up earlier but it was still a minor issue.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Hi Matthew, Thanks for your review! We hope to see you again soon with your friends! Greetings, Hans Brinker

I had a good time and stay, it's a hostel so i was not expecting 5 star service :-). I slept good, could take a shower and had a really good breakfast. So everything is ok for me.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • robbievoste
  • Belgium

Hi Robbie, Thanks for your review! We hope to welcome you and your friends again soon at the Hans Brinker Hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Only complaints are no wifi in the rooms. There is in the bar/breakfast room but that isn't always open so there are times when you'll see a bunch of people standing around the front door and foyer with their phones. Also, the weekend I stayed they were filming a commercial so that meant everyone had to be quiet around them. Made to feel uncomfortable and in the way, why would they film on a weekend in Amsterdam? It really hurt the atmosphere. Aside from that everything was fine.

Hi Tim, Sorry to hear you've experienced some difficulties during your stay regarding the filming. Although in a month you can see the result at our website and social media pages! We hope to welcome you again when visiting Amsterdam! Greetings, Hans Brinker

dont bother

Hi Jack, Please give us more positive and negative points next time, because we cannot see what your difficulties were during your stay. Greetings, Hans Brinker

The hostel is near to the center, although it's easier to get there by tram. The breakfast is included!

Hi Thiago, Actually we are located in the middle of the center: it's only a 2 min walk to entertainment area Leidseplein and 5 min walk to Museumplein. Our hotel is located between the famous canals and public transport is really nearby. Greetings, Hans Brinker

Good location! Rooms are the bare minimum, but that's in the description.. Also I experienced that even though the guests on my floor weren't exceptionally loud, I could hear them talk very clearly in my bed.. The sound transfers pretty far! Staff don't seem very interested in their job or in the guests.. The bar/food is very nicely priced! Cheap pints, cheap food compared to a lot of other places, and not stingy with fries! Pretty good if all you need is a bed and a place to get smashed!

Hi Tom, Thanks for your review. We hope you've had a great time in Amsterdam and at our hotel. See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

The hostel experience was terrible. They gave me a bed and locker that was already under use by someone else. I was woken up in the middle of the night by certain people, one among whom was using the bed and locker. They explained to me that they had not yet checked out. Yet, the hostel staff gave me the key to the locker which they were using, and the corresponding bed. I have never experienced anything so bad. When I complained, I only received a perfunctory apology. It is better to avoid it.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • India

Hi Srikanth, Sorry to read you've experienced some difficulties during your stay. We promise, next time your visiting Amsterdam we provide the best stay in town for you! Greetings, Hans Brinker

A truly terrible hostel with great breakfast and an awesome atmosphere in a very sweet location. Definitely lives up to its title of "worst hostel in Amsterdam." Stay here if you're ok with not so clean facilities, a little noise, and a fun time. Don't stay here if you're not ok with these things. Thanks Hans Brinker!

Hi Noah! Great to read you've had the best stay at our hotel!!! See you soon! Greetings, Hans Brinker

One minus.... At the reception they tould us we could take breakfast with us because we have to leave early to catch our plane. The man behind the counter for breakfast said NO! Strange! The man wasn't friendly at all.

• 7th Nov 2013

Hi Michiel, Dank je voor je review! We hopen dat je een goed verblijf bij ons gehad hebt! Hopelijk zien we je snel weer voor een verblijf in Amsterdam en geniet je van ons Happy Hour! Groetjes, Hans Brinker

The BEST Hotel in A'Dam!!!! The WORST Hotel in the world!!!all in perfect style upgraded

• 2nd Nov 2013

Hi Aurelio, Thank you so much for your great review! Great to hear you've had the best stay in Amsterdam and our hotel! See you soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Nice room, but the toilet wasnt properly sealed so the first hour the room stank very badly.

• 31st Oct 2013

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your review. We hope you've had the best time in Amsterdam and at our hotel. See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

very basic room, just bad and one chair...good breakfast buffet

Hi Massimo, Thanks for your review. We hope to welcome you again soon. greetings, Hans Brinker

Everything was great, super clean, very nice staff (special thanks to the barman who played "moi je m'appel Lolita" when he noticed we were french haha) and close to everything we needed. I'll recommend !

• 25th Oct 2013

Hi Jade-Eve, Thanks for your great review! Lovely to read you've had the best stay at our hotel! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Their advertising gimmick as the worst hostel in the world was a great strategy, because I had horrible expectations. It turned out it wasn't so bad! Bunk beds, and free sheets and linens. The locker was skinny, but it was all right. Overall it was okay. I wish it was close to the red light district, but it was like a 30 minute walk from the Centraal Station.

Hi J, Thanks for your review! About our location: we are 3 min walking distance away from entertainment area Leidseplein and 10 min journey by tram to the red light district and central station! Greetings, Hans Brinker

good man Hans Bricker.'tis a fine hostel.

Hi, Thanks for your review! See you soon in Amsterdam and at our Hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Second visit and no complaints. Perhaps maybe less salt on the food in the Hostel? Also a lot of Chavs this time.

Hi, Great to read your review! See you again soon for your third time in Amsterdam and at the Hans Brinker Hotel? Greetings, Hans Brinker

If you ever want to do something wild, Hans Brinker is your launch pad.

I guess you've had the best time at our hotel ;)! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Okay place, seems overpriced but that's amsterdam for you. 6 bed dorm was small and needs better ventilation in the room and bathroom. Staff helpful

Hi, Actually we are one of the cheapest stays in the center of Amsterdam! Greetings, Hans Brinker

We were a group of 5 friends and got a 6 bed private room for a weekend. For the low night rate we expected much worse than that! Room had enough space, beds were good, sheets were clean and we were even given a towel per person! Bathroom was small, and shower got a bit messy after 5 of us, but it definitely did the job for the weekend. Breakfast got very busy, but the food was decent and with more than simple cereals. Oh! and the common area/bar was great for having some beers, at anytime!

Hi, Thanks for your great review! We hope to see you and your friends again soon!! Greetings, Hans Brinker

(1951 results)