Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fun place with a funny approach ("Worst Hotel"), a nice bar and great staff. I was just there for a night, but it was a great place to stay, close to everything. It attracts a varied group, but everyone is social.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Hi Fantastic you've had a great stay at our hotel! Please remember us for your next visit to Amsterdam! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Tongue in check sense of humour made a good change from the norm. Be aware this is a BIG hostel and as such has massive tour groups coming through and going everywhere. Major downer was the price, really. Amsterdam on the weekend = crazy prices.

Hans Brinker is a great hostel...I spent two nights in a 4 bunk room with an en-suite bathroom. It was very clean, has a chill bar, and is in an ideal location. Definitely recommend it!

Cons: -My bed had a bed bug that bit me 10+ times over two nights, leaving large welts on my back and leg. On the second night I found the bug in my bed and killed it. I told the front desk staff who only said, "I'll make a note of it". - My friend had his credit card stolen out of his suitcase. Make sure to lock up everything! The hostel draws an interesting crowd. Pros: -Great location, affordable, en-suite bathroom, free breakfast, luggage storage, and lockers

Hi We can assure you we do NOT have bedbugs, it were mosquitos! All our rooms get checked often to make sure we don't have them. Unfortunately we do have mosquitos sometimes (we have a anti-mosquito spray at reception). Greetings, Hans Brinker

The breakfast is really good. Many choice and they are tasty. And the location is very nice that it close to many important hot spots. But the facilities are poor that my closet was broken that I couldn't lock it.

Hi! Thanks for your comment! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Good budget hotel

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Malta

Hi Eman, Thanks for your comment! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

I love the hostel's honesty for being "the worst." It actually isn't the worst hostel I stayed at. It had an excellent bar and was perfectly clean. The staff very nice but there weren't many on duty so it took a while to get attention at reception. That being said, it was close to the city centre, so we never had to take transport. It was walking distance to everything.

The brinker never fails to ensure a quality stay

• 20th Sep 2013

Hi Jason, Thanks for your great review! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

A good place to sleep at night and to eat your meals. It is however a hostel which lacks the hippy atmosphere which can be found in some other hostels. The value for money, the cheap meals and the security make up for the lack of atmosphwre. You can find that in the rest of the city

• 20th Sep 2013

Hi Klaas! Thanks for your comment. See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Room was clean, no bed bugs, good location. So, I'm happy with my stay!

Hi Ugurcan! Thanks for your great review! We hope to welcome you and your friends again soon at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Overpriced as every hostel in Amsterdam but overall was alright. Clean rooms, a good atmosphere (party), good location and free breakfast.

Slightly more expensive, but worth the included breakfasts. Each bed also gets a key to a locker in the room- awesome. The bar and club in the basement was good fun, even on a Tuesday night. The common room had a great atmosphere, with cheap drinks. It was a great location, minutes from Leidsplein square. a great hostel, worth booking ahead of time!

Somebody had puked in the basin in the guest toilet downstairs. Pretty disgusting to see. Also nobody cleaned it up for an entire morning. Need more a common area with couches etc. Fairly hard to meet single travellers.

great price but you cant expect a 5-star hotel...

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Israel

Hi Ori! You are totally right!!!We are a basic youth hotel, great for backpackers, groups and young people who would like to have the best time in Amsterdam! Greetings, Hans Brinker

I will come back! It's a really cool hotel, good location great anti-advertising and nice people. The only thing that should be changed are the opening and dinner hours of the bar, because the downstairs disco is a little bit boring, dark and without tables. The bar itself is much more comfortable.

Hi Anna! Thanks for your great message! Great to hear you've had the best time at our hotel! We really hope to see you (and your friends) again soon! Greetings, Hans Brinker

it was very good all around

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Belgium

Hi Thibault, Thanks for your message! We hope to welcome you and your friends again soon! Greetings, Hans Brinker

what you pay is what you get.

There are some terrible hostels in Amsterdam hans brinker is not one of them! Stay here or regret the decision not to forever

Hi Jessica! Thanks for your great message! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

I have several giant mosquito bites. Mosquitos are a serious problem. Other than that, it was great. Thanks very much for the wonderful stay. Long live Happy Hour.

• 6th Sep 2013

Hi Chris! Thanks for your review! Great to hear you've enjoyed Happy Hour! did you party at our underground club as well? Greetings, Hans Brinker

great for young people or even teenagers travelling with a group of friends. A reasonable, affordable option in an excellent location for any kind of tourist who is tolerant of noisy, drunk, but generally respectful groups of teenagers, and who doesn't plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel.

• 5th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Hi Soledad, Thanks for your review. We hope you've had the best time in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

(1963 results)