Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

we spend here 2 nights, in a 8people dormitory. The room was quite big. The forniture was simple and very essential. we had a private bathroom with shower in the dormitory. it's very practical but every time we had a shower we flooded the bathroom. the breakfast is included. it isn't a big choise but you can have a satisfyng breakfast. it's a good hostel if you want to visit the city thanks to its position. there are also bike rental and public transport in the nearby.

Hello! We are aware of the fact the showers in some bathrooms will flood when having a long shower. Currently we are looking for a solution. We hope to welcome you again when visiting Amsterdam! Hans Brinker

Awesome atmosphere, couldn't ask for any more. Bar downstairs is the best idea ever, and free breakfast was delicious. Bathroom in room was pretty gross though, and a few guys who I shared a room with were super rude. But I'd stay again for sure

• 26th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi! Thanks for your stay! Looking forward seeing you next time at our bar during Happy Hour! Hans Brinker

Our shower was grim but the food was great, cheap drinks and great atmosphere. Location couldn't have been better. Worst part was the strange loud, incomprehensible, announcements that would wake us up and inform us of nothing. I would stay again though.

• 25th Aug 2014

I had a short stay but it was smooth and hassle free. Good place to stay!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • India

Hello! Next time staying a bit longer to enjoy Amsterdam and our hotel even more? :) Hans Brinker

Annoying reception had to open the door every time. Supposed to be for security so you have to show your key but they open it without even showing the key. Staff took away our towels and we had to go to reception to ask for them back, then we waited around for them to give them to us and they never came so we had to ask again and receptionist was like, "Oh, you need them now?" Ummm it would be nice, only takes 3 minutes to do so. Shower water pressure super low, had to put on cold to get a flow.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hi, Too bad to read you had to wait for your towels! Besides this we hope you did enjoy your stay at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Some part of the staff were rude. I had the impression that there was quite a lack of organisation. The furniture is old and oxidated. But it is an hostel not expensive and in a good location.

HI, Although you've experienced some downsides during your stay, we do hope you've enjoyed Amsterdam! Hans Brinker

Very good for Weekend/Party Trips. The rooms are absolutely okay and the nice bar invites for one or two beer before going into the city or after that. You can meet nice peoplebto talk with in the dorms, what makes it interesting. I'll definetly come back.

• 21st Aug 2014

Hi! Thanks for your great review! Looking forward seeing you again soon! Hans Brinker

Good beds, good breakfast, good price

Good beer, good atmosphere, good location, good bar, good club, good dinner, BEST hotel :)! Hans Brinker

We were in twin beds room. Very basic beds (metal frame). No table. 1 chair. 2 vertical metal lockers. No decoration. No dark curtains. 4 small towels. Shower with static water output.

• 21st Aug 2014

Hi, Thanks for your review. Indeed we have really basic rooms, but we are cheap and provide everything you need for a fun stay in Amsterdam! Hans Brinker

It advertises itself as being the worst hostel in the world, but when I went with my friends, we all had a great time... As long as you accept that it's going to be a budget place, you'll find it just fine. There was a good atmosphere too- loads of other people staying there and the bar and reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• 20th Aug 2014

HI! Indeed we are basic, but we are cheap and the best location for a great weekend in Amsterdam! Please recommend us to all your friends! Hans Brinker

This hotel is amazing! You get what you need for a cheap price! Next trip to Amsterdam will be a sure Hans Brinker stay!

Hi, GREAT REVIEW :)! Well, see you soon again then! Hans Brinker

Completly covered in bed bites which is disgusting. Left the hostel 3 days ago and my arms and legs are still red. Youbhave been told about this before yet nothin had been done!!

• 20th Aug 2014

HI, I can assure you we do NOT have bed bugs. We do have mosquitos sometimes during high season, but we provide a spray at reception! Hans Brinker

I really enjoyed my four day stay at the Hans Brinker. The location is amazing, I also really liked the pillows and duvets, the mattress was also better than my one at home. The breakfast was ok however there was not really much I could eat as most of the options were meaty or contained dairy apart from the fruit which tasted like it was canned in the early 1920s. Perhaps a dairy free margarine could be offered? But apart from that I had a good time and would stay again.

• 19th Aug 2014

Hi, Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Looking forward to welcome you and your friends again soon! Greetings, Hans Brinker

We wish we could use the kitchen, but the stay has been awesome anyway!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi! Thanks for your review! We don't have a kitchen for common use, but we offer cheap and tasty lunch and dinner at our restaurant and bar! Hope to see you next time you're visiting Amsterdam! Hans Brinker

Nice and colourful hostel plenty of services and activities; rooms are quite little but the atmosphere in the common room is the ideal one for travellers.

Hostel is so good when I compare other hostels that I stayed in my journey. It is like a university dormitory. There were a lot of young people around. You can meet many people in hostel. However, wi-fi connection must be available in the rooms. Moreover, some lockers of the rooms are not so secured.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Can't get better for the price and location

• 15th Aug 2014

Hi, Thanks so much for your review! See you again soon I guess? Hans Brinker

Really noisy in the room if you are on the 1st floor and awkward guy at the reception...

Hi, Thanks for your review. As we are a youth hotel we cannot guarantee a totally quiet stay. Although we hope you did have a great stay in Amsterdam! Hans Brinker

Very dirty hostel, but it's not like that should come as a surprise.

For that kind of location and atmosphere, it's really hard to beat. Everything is basic but fully functional. Pretty cool that you don't have to pay many extras upon arrival, unlike other cheap hostels. The lockers in the rooms are...soft, let's say. New locks would make it perfect. Would go again!

Hi! Thanks for your review! Well, hope to see you again soon! About our lockers, currently we are working on a solution to fix that problem! Hans Brinker