Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location of the hostel is perfect - very central and about a 2 minute walk from the tram stop, as well as being located opposite a bike rental shop. Also near to a supermarket, which would have been useful had Hans Brinker had a kitchen. The rooms are average - relatively clean but overpriced for what they are. Atmosphere is good and the communal areas are really nice, but overall what your paying for is a central location.

It's not the most clean, but not nearly considered gross. The staff is hurried, but there were so many people checking in/out and I imagine that being why. Definitely a party hostel, which made it more fun and there is a bar and club too! Super close to many activities and in the heart of Amsterdam.

I think this hostel is excellent! The rooms have quite big lockers and the hostel even gives a key to lock your locker! Huge free breakfast and the location is stunning!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Many thanks! Made our day with your positive words :) hope you'll spread the words about your positive stay and to see you again soon!

El servicio y la atención del personal fue excelente. El desayuno también estuvo bien y era abundante. El único inconveniente fueron la limpieza de las sábanas porque tenían manchas.

• Spain

Lockers and beds were shabby

Good atmosphere, very nice breakfast and good location.

There were a few things that could have made Hans Brinker a bit better. 1) fans in the showers or better windows that open all the way. Or even just have communal showers Instead of having them In the room. 2) a kitchen for guests to use. Or at least a microwave and some cutlery. 3) ladders to the top bunks. Someone I knew fell out pretty bad.

Thank you for suggestions for improvement, we´ll definitely take them into consideration. Hope you´ve enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam!

One member of staff was a little hostile to a member of our group however, the place was really nice and perfect in location. The breakfast, that was included, wasn't very nice.

• 3rd Aug 2015

It was ok, specially for the location, that's super! Next to the museums but also next to the bars. It has a bar, I think it was nice but the guest where a bit younger than I... Room was ok, not the best but also not the worse. It's a bug hostel, a bit massive for my taste.

I really enjoyed my stay. For a female solo traveller i thought it was wally safe and secure, once you know the area it's so easy to to get back too. And most of all the staff are amazing. Aby help you need and their there.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and really happy you liked us. Hope you liked Amsterdam as well and that we’ll see you (and your friends?) again sometime. Ps. We like Wally too.

Do you want bad wifi? cheap food? small shower? No complaints sorted out? Mixed up bookings? No booking under your name? A tannoy shouting happy hour while you're napping? You've got it. It's alright to get your head down for the night. Food is alright though.

Cheap food: check. Mixed up bookings: happens sometimes even though we really try to avoid it, sorry about that! But we always try to sort this out best way possible. Wake up during napping: well 5pm is a good time to wake up. Small shower: you’re in Amsterdam, everything’s small! Except the beers at our happy hour :)

Been to this hostel three times now and it's always been pretty great. Absolutely perfect location, is a good price, and has a bar and a club. However, I wouldn't say this place feels much like a hostel, definitely a different sort of atmosphere.

Everything was wonderful but the shower in our room (17E)- it was just a trickle of water essentially- made me feel less clean than when I stepped in! Other than that, the hostel was great- location was ideal, fun bar and good deals on drinks and food.

Did you ever see our “check in/check out” advertising? Check it out on our website, you’re comment reminded us a lot of it :)Thank you so much for stating your roomnumber, this gives us the possibility to solve the problem. We’ll send our handyman to fix it! Glad you liked your stay – hope you’ll spread the positive word and to see you again in the future.

I guess the hostel needs more staffs, you have a big demand, and sometimes you cannot answer our question, an getting a long queue just to solve one problem, and the staffs trying to do what it is possible, try to look at this point, excellent location everything is near, but this thing can be developed. Thanks

Thank you for your positive note and suggestion for improvement! We’re currently looking on how we can change things at reception so we can help you quicker. Glad you liked the rest of your stay and hope to see you again sometime!

Great location. The room and bathroom were clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was delicious (coffee was particularly good) and we felt safe. Earplugs are a must though.

+ : reasonable price. nice breakfast - : noisy. small locker

Thanks for your comments, hope you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam!

Cheap hostel, good location and plenty of locker space.

Within walking distance of most landmarks in the city. Better than average breakfast. My only real problem was with the locker in the room, with a good yank I could open the door whether locked or not.

always a cheap place to stay. a bit rough around the edges, but close to leidseplein and the star of the show is the breakfast, including pancakes. It's all a bit manic, but I'm older than you!

Nachdem das Bad sehr klein ist und auch keine Absaugung hat steht der Schimmel dick an der Decke, was ziemlich unappetitlich ist!! Ansonsten eher ein abgenutzter Eindruck! Die Milch beim Frühstück gleicht mehr einem Joghurt! Die Atmosphäre in der Bar ist O.K. und das Personal ist auch recht freundlich, sind sogar Pluspunkte, für den Preis, gerade noch O.K.!!