Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice place. Much bigger than we expected, so have a crowded bar at night..which is good. They have an underground club, not sure how it is though. Good breakfast. Highly Recommended.

Thanks so much! We're happy with your review, although we're afraid you will have to come back soon... To check out our club downstairs! It's pretty cool.

Best choice for that money for Amsterdam!

*doing a little dance*

The locker I was appointed was a bit broken so the lock could be forced open. Perhaps check that all locker locks are actually operational? I had good luck with dorm mates though so felt my stuff was safe.

Thank God for the reliable people staying in our hotel! And thanks for your comment! It's noted.

Terrible Hostel. Would Recommend

What you see is what you get! Great location and helpful staff.

• 17th Sep 2015

Excactly! Thanks for the review.

One of the secretary is not the most nice person. The toilet is not appropriate. The shower is bad.

Not the nicest... That's at least a kind way to put it :) But we are happy with your honesty. Thanks!

I actually were gonna stay here, but when I got here I turned a round after a half hour, becausebof my impressions. I am used to staying at hostels.. but this was so bad on everyway.. Stay at stayokay hostel. they are great. Call them if the prices are high. usually. they're good and I loved the hostel.

Too bad you were disappointed. Did you check out our website? Could be useful next time, so you can lower your expectations in advance. :)

It's really a hostel for students i think. We stayed here for one night and it's perfect for sleeping. But just sleeping. The breakfast was pretty good, so that's a plus and the location was awesome! Very close to everything. But if you want luxe don't come here. If you just need a bed, than this is your hostel.

Great location and good value. They definitely need hooks in the bathroom though. I enjoyed the bar and breakfast was great.

Yes, hooks! It's noted. Thanks for the review!

We were 100% satisfied with the Hostel. I repeat: Hostel. I read negative reviews, but those were probably from people who thought Hans Brinker Budget Hotel is a Hotel. BUT for a hostel, it was everything we dreamed of. Clean room with own bathroom, towels and linen, relatively cheap bar and kitchen and nice staff. The free breakfast was beyond our expectations. If we ever come back to Amsterdam we won't search for accomodation, because we will stay at Hans Brinker Budget Hotel.

Yes! How accurate :) And we always love seeing guests returning. Let us know if you ever come back, so we can buy you a beer!

You get what they tell you; a super basic budget hostel. Roms were fine, and bathroom was clean. Lockers provided in rooms do lock, but seem a bit flimsy. I was only there to sleep one night, bubut I can't say I wasn't glad to be out of there early the next morning.

Thanks for the review, and for the new word: flimsy! I hope you still got a taste of our well-known breakfast before you left?

The hostel itself is very upfront about the no-frills experience and this plays out. However, if you just need a cheap place to stay, you can do far worse. Staff is friendly and helpful. Drinks are cheap at happy hour. Very straightforward.

Staff were pretty friendly, room was standard but absolutely fine. Weird tanoy gives you announcements at random times of day which is bizarre but funny. Overall good, especially location, for the price.

During night the hostel was very noisy and we were toold that this was normal on week-ends. The window could not be closed, the lock did not work. The shower did not work properly.

• 5th Sep 2015

True, when the party gets going, things can get a little noisy. But we do provide free earplugs against the noise at reception! We do however hope that you had a good time in Amsterdam, despite the negatives that occurred in our hostel.

Overall good stay! Would reccomend to anyone looking for an affordale place that is relatively close to everything.

Overall good review! Thanks.

Exactly what it says on the tin. Nothing fancy, you get a bed, a locker and a bathroom. Small basic and clean. They do a really nice breakfast for free. The bar is nice and open and it's really easy to get to everything else from. Had a great time here

We may not be fancy, but we are fun! And you got that. Thanks so much.

Rooms are a bit scruffy but have everything you need, with an en suite in each one. Bar area is awesome, and the free breakfast was great at filling us up for another day of debauchery!

Scruffy? Debauchery? Oh, we love the British reviews! We learn so much from you. Thanks and see you soon for a night of debauchery.

The Hostel is located in a great location I really recommend to check it out specially if you are arriving to Amsterdam by train. There is a nice bar and it is a good place to meet people. People are loud and they don't really check on night around the rooms.

Thanks for the review! We like to be a social place in a good location.

no micorwave heater and hair drier, the WiFi is not stable, and the bathroom is so small I cant even find a place to put my clothes

We wonder if you did notice you booked a Budget hotel when you booked with us? Budget, so no microwave, hairdrier, fancy mints on pillows or bell boys with silly hats. Wifi actually is a thing we are currently are working on, so it might be something we have as a plus in the future.

Basic hostel but has everything you need. Nothing great but was very good price for the weekend. Nice bed and bar, location is ideal. Would stay here again

This review has everything we need, thanks!