Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My group of 10 friends stayed at Hans Brinker for 2 nights and couldn't have asked for more for our money. We booked private rooms and the facilities were good for a short break away, the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. The location of the hotel is fantastic, a short walk from Leidesplein. I would definitely recommend a stay here and would book again for a similar trip.

• 28th Aug 2015

We couldn't have asked for a better review! Thanks, we're happy you enjoyed your stay.

It has a great price/performance ratio. I liked the atmosphere, it was centeralized. I will definetly come back

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

And we think it would be great if you will come back!

This is a hostel that takes itself really lightly. It knows it's a hostel and it doesn't try to be anything else - but I loved it. The rooms were fine and the bar and breakfast were brilliantly average. Happy hour = cheap pints and beer pong was a nice touch.

I arrived at 10:30pm on Tuesday night and was immediately made feel welcome by the staff. The bar was booming and full of people on their travels and the atmosphere was very sociable. The showers were decent and the location was fantastic. I'll definitely stay here again!

• 25th Aug 2015

We hope we'll see you back again! We will make you feel welcome as you are :)

Arrived at this hostel without high expectations but it was worse than I had imagined. The staff were extremely unfriendly and the room was like a warm uncomfortable prison room with the metal bed and locker. The bathroom was grubby and I felt dirty even after using the shower. We only used the hostel for a bed and even then we were there too much. But at least they don't lie to you

• 20th Aug 2015

At least you ended on a positive note, we like that! But thanks for the review, we will keep your comments in mind.

This is definitely the best located haotel in Amsterdam ( my opinion). Adding free breakfast, bathroom inside my bedroom dorm and reasonable price = prefect stay.

This is definitely one of the best reviews. Thanks!

The girl who checked us in was one of the unfriendliest receptionists I've ever met. Other staff were much nicer. We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed dorm and were put in a 6 bed dorm. On first getting in our room there were piles of dirty towels and sheets, but no clean sheets or towels for us. After the initial bad impressions of the place our stay turned out to be very nice. I'd stay here again, but only if no other places for a similar price were available. The free breakfast was great!!

Sad to hear that the receptionist wasn't nice to you. At least the rest of us made up for it? We really try to stay cheap but offer you as much as we can. Clean sheets and towels should always be there, so if there's not, you can always ask for some fresh sheets at the reception desk. Glad you did like our breakfast :)

Worse hostel ever. I was utterly paralysed to leave any feedback

Really loved this hostel. Big enough lockers for all my camping stuff and there were plug sockets beside each bed so I could leave my phone charging at night and not be worried! Breakfast was included in the price and it was really nice! The long haired dude at reception was cool and sorted out everything I needed. Defiantly would stay again and recommend this hostel!

Thanks so much! These are the kind of reviews we love. We’ll pass on your compliments to the long haired dude!

Amazing as usual

• 19th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing review, as always!

I was confused. Because I need for september. I did book for august. I need talk to hostel If is possible change dates.

Could you please e-mail us for this problem? At sybil@hans-brinker.com. Then we will help you out.

This hostel is nice, especially for backpackers. A bit noisy at night due to the bar down below and lousy wifi, but the location is just 2-3 minutes walk to nearest tram stop and just next to the area filled with restaurants, so finding food even at night would be easy. Recommended!

We are just a nice hostel for a nice person like you. Anyone can live without wifi, but not without food, as we always say! Thanks for the review.

The room looks like a prision, hahaha And the wi-fi was not working properly, looks like a autentication problem or too many people connected, because when it works, was very good. Otherwise, great atmosphere, well clean, very well located, oh, and such a delicious breakfast!!!

We kinda hoped that at times the wifi didn't work, people would actually communicate with other travelers. And see, it works! That makes our atmosphere this great :)

Oh here one night but I think it would have been better had I stayed longer. Seemed like a good spot to stay. Really loud especially having a room on the first floor. Could hear music in the reception area all night.

We do need our receptionist to stay awake, so we turn the music up for him. We don't want to bother the other guests though, so maybe we should start thinking of other ways...

Air conditioning would be good - at an extra cost

• 14th Aug 2015

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at. Checked in, put our stuff in the dorm, and went out. When we get back, the guy at reception says there's a problem with our room (this is about 2-3am). Proceeds to tell us the room was overbooked and that he told the extra guy to just sleep in any open bed. When we open the door, there's a guy asleep in my bed. Had to wake him up and argue at reception before I could sleep. Also, bathroom was flooded. Stay away.

• 13th Aug 2015

Thanks for the review, but we're very sorry about that experience. This absolutely shouldn't have happened. Like we send you by mail, we’re sorting out what happened and make sure this will not happen again in the future. We hope the rest of Amsterdam was a little less disappointing. Maybe we can make it up to you with a beer next time?

Bunk beds do not have stairs, climbing to the bed is hard especially when someone you do not know sleeps under your bed. Additionally, bunk beds do not have a protection someone could easily fall down.

When you sleep in a dorm, your roommates are like family. You should never be afraid to accidentally kick them in the face. But the comment is noted. Thanks for the review!

only for young people.. unfriendly staff and everything is dirty

Hi! Yes, it's true that our hostel has a very young atmosphere, that's how we like it :) Keeps us young too. And friendly, most of the time... sorry if you caught us at a bad moment!

The wifi doesnt work at all and the cleanliness is argueable.

The wifi has had it’s hiccups lately, we’re working on it. Also on the cleanliness. In fact, our cleaning ladies are cleaning as we speak! But thanks anyway :)

We had a 1 night stay in Amsterdam. Great location easy to find and to get to from the train station by the tram. We were three girls and we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm with washroom. It was tight but there were lockers and everything for everyone. The washroom was very tight in the room but still worked. you get what you pay for with this hostel it's pretty standard. Only complaint was that the girl at the reception was fairly rude to everyone.

Only one night is too short! Did you at least see our party basement and did you get to enjoy the Happy Hour? Seems that you will have to come back again for the full Brinker experience. Thanks for the review, and see you soon!