Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

First hostel in Europe. Really appreciated the breakfast selection. The sheets smelled though.

Thanks for the review. Next time you visit us we'll make sure your sheets smell really nice!

Good place to stay in Amsterdam..free brekkie n wifi..only gripe is can have a long wait at reception as a busy hostel..

Be sure to bring earplugs, since at least the rooms on the first floor are quite loud due to the adjacent bar.

• 10th Jul 2015

Very good advice. Hope you've liked your stay with us!

nao havia escada para subir na cama de cima. banheiro só tinha opção água quente, muito quente.

Thanks for the suggestions! But we see that the hot water couldn't bring your stay down - thanks for the great review! Hope to see you again sometime!

Cheap cheerful

You get what it says on the tin, the bed clothes where surprisingly better than other hostels. Lots of choice for breakfast.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks a lot, hope to see you again soon - your bed is spread with us ;)

You get more than you pay for. A budget hostel, €22 in peak Summer, with an above-the-average breakfast (fruit, granola, muesli, yogurt, toasts, ham, cheese, spreads, coffee, tea), and free snacks everyday. They have a nice and cheap bar inside and a nice disco in the basement. Bathroom inside the room is not nice - the shower was spitting all around and it was hard to have a decent shower. But again - for a budget hostel, who cares? They also fixed a mistake in my reservation, so great staff.

Many thanks for your positive words, you made our day (although we would like to know who you got the free snacks from - we would like some as well!)

Was in an 8 bed dorm that had no opening windows. It was so disgusting to sleep at night, way too hot. Their breakfast was great though. Heaps of options and their bar area was good. Lots of school groups when I stayed, which got annoying to deal with. In the end I was ready to leave the place.

Thanks for your review, we hope you've enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam. Glad you liked our breakfast!

lovely street really close from Leidseplein and easy access downtown and the flower market. Very clean. Rooms little bit too hot during summer and the toilets have no propre exhaust. in general great place stay.

When you first look at the map, it doesn't seem to be that close to the center of the city, but it really is. Really good location. Nice cheap bar to drink at where you can meet lots of other people staying there They also serves dinner for pretty cheap, but I didn't have any so I don't know how it is. The one problem I would say was it was really HOT! it was the middle of summer when I stayed, and there was no AirCon in the rooms, so it was kinda muggy. Overall though, a great hostel.

• 5th Jul 2015

It was a pretty good experience, the check in was perfect, without problems, th room wasn't pretty but it was all we need to spend the night! Th breakfast was included and it was more than just bread, we have appreciated our time there

• Mexico

I got what they advertised to me and can't fault them on anything. Good hostel for anyone looking for a stop.

• All Male Group, 18-24

You got the point! Thanks for being honest, we like to be honest ourselves as well. Hope we may welcome you again sometime!

El mejor hostal para quedarse en Amsterdam! Tiene muy buen desayuno

Tu eres el mejor! Muchas gracias y hasta pronto!

This was my first hostel experience. With that said, I have little to compare it to, but I don't really have any major complaints. I only stayed for one night, but there are plenty of places to hang out and meet new people within the hostel! The room I was in was a little cramped, but I got what I payed for haha Location was GREAT. Biggest complaint: Dinner food was not very good. but it's nice that they include breakfast.

• 5th Jul 2015

Many thanks for your review!

Ich war auf das Schlimmste vorbereitet und war positiv überrascht.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Incredibly fun atmosphere, knew their audience completely. Really enjoyed the community feel with happy hour and bar. Definitely go to happy hour!! Great deals and the snacks are good too. Cleaning staff did a nice job. Shower spray made taking a shower difficult - hard to shower and not get entire bathroom soaked. Wifi was pretty weak in both the room and bar.

Many thanks for your positive words! We'd love to see you back sometime, you seem incredibly fun as well!

party hostel. okay wifi. lots of people. good for socializing

Windows wouldn't open sufficiently for a room with 7 guys and 30℃ weather outside .

O café da manhã foi bem legal. A wifi não pegou hora nenhuma. Não tinha escada na cama beliche. As staffs não foram mt prestativas. Tem um banheiro nos quartos e isso é legal.

Way too hot. Can't even open windows all the way. Not worth staying in unless you want to sleep in a pool of sweat

That does sound kind of attractive to us though... free sauna!