Hans Brinker Budget Hotel Reviews

Kerkstraat 136-138, 1017 GR Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

be carefull with check in and out times so you can schedule you trip, even on the website they ask you for arrival time you won't have available your room at that time if it is before check out time and it is all full, of course.

• 1st Jan 2014

Hi, Thanks for your review! Indeed we ask our guests to fill in their estimated check in time, so we can use the rooms when no-show. We hope you've had the best time in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Provided me with a bed for the nights I was there... be warned however because the bunk beds have no ladder so if you're the unlucky one to get a top bunk, you pretty much have to ninja it to get to your bed. Had sheets and a towel, relatively clean toilets (this really depends on the people you're staying with) but with breakfast included and top location, it was a nice stay overall! Definitely not the worst hostel I've stayed in but don't expect fancy!

If ı will go to Amsterdam again, ı would choose this hostel again because of their breakfast, prices and location.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

Hi, Thanks for your review! We really hope to see you again in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Disgusting! I had to pay cheap for beers at that bar, with a lot of people around me! And I won't say anything about that burger with a lot of chips! Also I was obligated to shower in that hot water. If I knew I'd pass through this, I'd certainly have paid more in other hostel.

I liked the bar at the bottom. Although not spending time there, it has potential. Bathrooms with each room which is also cool. The beds were NOT creeking, which is always a big plus when doing bunker beds :)

Hi! Thanks for your great review!! See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Great value! Had an amazing stay and there was a great atmosphere!

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Hi! Thanks for your great review! See you next time soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Cold at night. Not even a spare blanket. A guy got his passport stolen from the locker in a room next to us. Their explanation: anyone can have a copy of the key. Not that cheap, but rooms, though clean, are better in any hospital.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Hi, Sorry to read you've experienced some difficulties during your stay at our hotel. We hope you've had an amazing time in Amsterdam after all. Greetings, Hans Brinker

The location and breakfast is good, but shower is really bad! this my first time I don't know how to take a shower, the water is spray everywhere but not in the middle(no water come to my body). And the wi-fi just in the bar, but bar is close around 11:00 pm. I didn't have good experience in Hans Brinker Budget Hotel. However, the price is a little too much for that simple room.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We have WIFI in our underground club as well. Greetings, Hans Brinker

Fairly central, very basic, no thrills

Cannot recommend hans brinker enough, second visit, perfect location, friendly atmosphere, secure, breakfast included, helpful staff, all in all superb value for money, and the perfect hostel for young people exploring Amsterdam!

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Wales

Hi Robyn, Thanks for your great review! We hope to welcome you the third time in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

See below comment.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Hi Sven, Although your review isn't really clear, we hope you've had a great stay in Amsterdam and at our hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Was helpful that the staff put me and my 3 friends together when we had all booked separately. Missed breakfast as the queue was so big we had to leave we should have been up earlier but it was still a minor issue.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Hi Matthew, Thanks for your review! We hope to see you again soon with your friends! Greetings, Hans Brinker

I had a good time and stay, it's a hostel so i was not expecting 5 star service :-). I slept good, could take a shower and had a really good breakfast. So everything is ok for me.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • robbievoste
  • Belgium

Hi Robbie, Thanks for your review! We hope to welcome you and your friends again soon at the Hans Brinker Hotel! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Only complaints are no wifi in the rooms. There is in the bar/breakfast room but that isn't always open so there are times when you'll see a bunch of people standing around the front door and foyer with their phones. Also, the weekend I stayed they were filming a commercial so that meant everyone had to be quiet around them. Made to feel uncomfortable and in the way, why would they film on a weekend in Amsterdam? It really hurt the atmosphere. Aside from that everything was fine.

Hi Tim, Sorry to hear you've experienced some difficulties during your stay regarding the filming. Although in a month you can see the result at our website and social media pages! We hope to welcome you again when visiting Amsterdam! Greetings, Hans Brinker

dont bother

Hi Jack, Please give us more positive and negative points next time, because we cannot see what your difficulties were during your stay. Greetings, Hans Brinker

The hostel is near to the center, although it's easier to get there by tram. The breakfast is included!

Hi Thiago, Actually we are located in the middle of the center: it's only a 2 min walk to entertainment area Leidseplein and 5 min walk to Museumplein. Our hotel is located between the famous canals and public transport is really nearby. Greetings, Hans Brinker

Good location! Rooms are the bare minimum, but that's in the description.. Also I experienced that even though the guests on my floor weren't exceptionally loud, I could hear them talk very clearly in my bed.. The sound transfers pretty far! Staff don't seem very interested in their job or in the guests.. The bar/food is very nicely priced! Cheap pints, cheap food compared to a lot of other places, and not stingy with fries! Pretty good if all you need is a bed and a place to get smashed!

Hi Tom, Thanks for your review. We hope you've had a great time in Amsterdam and at our hotel. See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

The hostel experience was terrible. They gave me a bed and locker that was already under use by someone else. I was woken up in the middle of the night by certain people, one among whom was using the bed and locker. They explained to me that they had not yet checked out. Yet, the hostel staff gave me the key to the locker which they were using, and the corresponding bed. I have never experienced anything so bad. When I complained, I only received a perfunctory apology. It is better to avoid it.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • India

Hi Srikanth, Sorry to read you've experienced some difficulties during your stay. We promise, next time your visiting Amsterdam we provide the best stay in town for you! Greetings, Hans Brinker

A truly terrible hostel with great breakfast and an awesome atmosphere in a very sweet location. Definitely lives up to its title of "worst hostel in Amsterdam." Stay here if you're ok with not so clean facilities, a little noise, and a fun time. Don't stay here if you're not ok with these things. Thanks Hans Brinker!

Hi Noah! Great to read you've had the best stay at our hotel!!! See you soon! Greetings, Hans Brinker

One minus.... At the reception they tould us we could take breakfast with us because we have to leave early to catch our plane. The man behind the counter for breakfast said NO! Strange! The man wasn't friendly at all.

• 7th Nov 2013

Hi Michiel, Dank je voor je review! We hopen dat je een goed verblijf bij ons gehad hebt! Hopelijk zien we je snel weer voor een verblijf in Amsterdam en geniet je van ons Happy Hour! Groetjes, Hans Brinker