7.9
Very Good 789 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 789 Total Reviews
Hans Brinker Hostel Located at Rua Pedro Nunes, 10, , Lisbon.
Portugal
Lisbon Rua Pedro Nunes, 10
79% 789
38.7317237 -9.1482210
    Rooms available

• alex_gry4846
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very modern and clean, location is great. Very close to subway and only 20 min walk from city centre. Wifi connection is good. The breakfast was amazing, very generous: juice, milk, fruit, fresh buns, cheese, cold cuts, cereal, etc. Only minor annoyance was the light in the washroom is sensor based so you have to waive your hands every 30 seconds to turn the light back on even when you're in the shower or on the toilet.

Well if that's the only minor, it keeps you awake...:) Thanks for your review!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
8th Sep 2016
6.6

We arrived half an hour before check in. We were greeted by an unfriendly face that didn't even say hello just simply said "check in is not for half an hour". We had to ask if there was a place for our bags or a common area we could wait - it wasn't offered. The room we booked online said "double bed private" instead we got a 4 bed private dorm with bunks which was clean but had a window to a balcony where other people could walk past and see in and our curtain barely covered our win

Thank you for your review and really sorry to hear there was not a warm welcome! If you could let us know a bit more specific who it was, we can do anything about this. We only have bunk beds though, so I don't know where you booked it and it said a double room? Hopefully in the end you did have a good stay!

• Czech Republic, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2016

I was a bit disappointed by the staff at the reception, they weren't very welcoming or helpful. However later on I have met more staff at he bar and they were much better. I have really liked the design, cleanliness and the bathroom was great - a huge one just for 8 people. And the breakfast was amazing! The only thing which was really inconvenient was the absence of electricity sockets in the room. Despite all of that I would recommend it, for the price it is a great value!

Thanks for your review and good to hear you met the nice staff. The sockets is something we work on, but thanks for the feedback!

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

There was no Hot water in the shower. Beides, the hostel is Great, 9 Euro from the Airport with a Taxi.

Thank you! Sorry there was no hot water, we did have some problems with this, in the area. But we've tried to solve this as soon as possible!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2016
6.3

Very large hostel. No kitchen, only microwave to use. There is a bar in the hostel so if I needed any plates/ utensils I had to ask. One of the bar workers wasn't very happy with when I went behind the bar to fill my drink bottle up with the tap water even though the staff at reception had told me that was fine as there was no other place to get water. Clean rooms. However, approximately 45 minute walk in to the main city centre.

Thank you for your review! Probably some miscommunication about getting the water. That shouldn't be a problem of course! One thing, 45 minutes walking...you took your time I guess? ;)

26th Aug 2016
7.4

Overall a good stay. Good breakfast selection, no noise from street as this is a very calm area. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Only con: Friday night they had some sort of open bar on floor 1 with pretty loud music that easily flowed up to floor 2. I stayed in my own room and even with my door closed it felt I had the music in my room. So if you are sensitive to noise and need to sleep early Friday night, ask for a room as far as possible from the stairways.

Thank you for your review! And yes the bar is open till 12pm, so maybe sometimes you do hear some of the music...so ear plugs always recommended, just in case!

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Aug 2016
7.4

Beds were incredibly hard. Other than that it was a decent place to stay.

Thanks for your feedback, we will keep this in mind!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
24th Aug 2016
7.1

The staff was ok (not extremely friendly though), no kitchen just a microwave, nice terrace but apparently you can't bring your own drinks, huge bathroom in the rooms but no lockers, little balcony, a not working lift, location was good. All in all: good for one or two nights. The price is an ok deal as you get breakfast, too. ( I didn't have it though cos I checked out too early)

Thank you for taking your time to write a review! Yes no drinks allowed (when the bar is open), because the bar is so cheap isn't it? During the day of course you can have your own drink! Too bad you missed the breakfast, maybe next time?

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2016
6.0

This hostel was chilled out and away from the city centre so its good if you want a more peaceful vibe. I thought that the staff could have been a lot friendlier and it would have been good if there were hostel activities. I was dissapointed they didn't have a kitchen and computers.

Thank you for your review! We're working on more hostel activities, but it's still in process. Maybe next time when you will stay with us again? Unfortunately we don't have kitchen yes. And hopefully you could use the Wifi on your phone?

• kasparsmisins
  • Latvia, Couple, 25-30
17th Aug 2016

Great place for short stay. What I liked most - big and good breakfast that they are offering.

Thanks! And yes we think breakfast is really important to start your day, so we try to serve you the best..and the most...