Happy Backpackers Hostel Reviews

29 Hang Mam Street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

We booked a night. The staff were ok and it was clean. The room was very cramped and we had to remove our luggage to get in. The beds were ok. After one night we moved to another hostel. It offered an breakfast and more space for a lower price.

They did not have our booking omn arrival but did everything they could to ensure we had a comfortable stay at another hotel. We came back upon our return to Hanoi and this time there was no problem. Staff were lovely and helpful, rooms were clean. Not the best place to meet other travellers but it seems this is normal in Hostels in Vietnam.

Our stay here was fabulous. The room was so clean and quiet despite of facing to street. The staff were very attentive and helpful, sorted our trip to Halong Bay, Sapa and train to South. We are more than happy what we paid for. Cheap but perfect.

• 28th Oct 2014

The staff welcome you into the hostel like you are part of the family. They provide excellent local knowledge and advice on trips from Hanoi. There is a never ending supply of tea and coffee so youll never be far away from your fix. I booked a number of trip through them, large luggage can be left while you explore trips like Ha Long bay and Sapa which was very helpful. When you return from the trips they are happy to see you and offer you their infamous tea and coffee.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

We enjoyed our stay at this 'hostel' ( it was more of a hotel). The location was great, a very nice escape from the chaos outside :-) The staff was cordial, we just missed the hostel and chatty atmosphere.

• 8th Oct 2014

I personally had a very poor experience at this hostel - all my cash was stolen from my bag while I was out of the room. The lockers were very small and not located in our room. Also, the room did not have a lock, so literally anyone could come into the hostel and walk into any of the rooms, whether they are staying there or not. Otherwise, it was a perfectly set up dorm room to meet people, and there was a balcony and it was in a great location.

From the moment we landed we have been help ed mono.and by Mr Philip and the staff at happy backpackers hostel ,we are Booker out tours at hostel go to ha long bay and sapa ,excellent place which I can recommend any higher.

• 1st Oct 2014

The location,staff and atmosphere were great but the dorm rooms were filthy and were never cleaned in the 4 days I was there which lets it down badly

Great location and price, though everything about this hostel is basic and the atmosphere isn't the best for socializing and meeting people as there isn't a common area.

I wouldn't recommend staying here. The staff decided to come and sleep in our room the one night and made a lot of noise, also the communication between staff is pretty poor and people got cheated out of money. The location is good so I would recommend finding a hostel near this.

More like a hotel than a backpackers hostel but at the price of backpackers dorms its a steal! For basic backpackers its a bargain, for 5$ a night you get clean nice dorm beds with personal outlets in a 14 person dorm room, nice bathroom, access to 65" LCD movie room. Also you have access to computers, wifi on every floor and they handle tours and laundry service, all located righ

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The location was good, near the lake. Some of the staff were a bit cold and the atmosphere could have been friendlier. The restaurant at the top of the hotel wasn't really used. Our room was small, had a good electronic lock (but no safety deposit box), strong air con and a tv. The room was a bit dated, looked run down and could have been cleaner. Overall though at £7 per night you get what you pay for.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Wales

We stayed at Happy backpacker last week and we would highly recommend it. It's a very clean, safe, and well organized hostel. It's also conviniently located in Hanoi city ( 200ms from the Hoan Kiem Lake). Our room was big, clean and nice decorated. We had a great time staying there and would do it again. very cheap price but excellent quality.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

The bright neon sign pointed right to the hostel when we arrived at night. The staff was nice. The room was like a fancy hotel. Great shower, comfortable bed, nice TV, good internet speed. Lock box in the room. It was like staying in a nice hotel instead of a hostel. Booked a good tour to Ha Long Bay through the hostel; it was great.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Friendly and Staff more than willing to answer any questions you may have.Tour organization is outstanding. Thump up... Thank Hostel

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Hostel good the staff couldn't have been more helpful ,great location ,clean and spacious room,what more could you want go to stay this hostel .

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Bolivia

The hostel and room are clean with wifi and double-glazed window,which is an advantage because the noise is terrible scooters in the street of hanoi old quarter ,staff is friendly and always ready to meat your expectation,we were on the tour halong bay 3day and Sapa 4day by the hostel which was so great,we will recommend this hostel without any hesitation

• China

I dont really recommend that hostel. its very dirty and the cleaning lady didnt change the bed sheets after people checking out. i could see, how she "made" my bed after I checked out and she just folded the blanket and nothing else. the bathroom floor was brown and the AC full of mold. besides that it would be not to bad. staff is ok and the location too,

My Dorm room is new and not as you say,I think you resent that said false,we set up services clean top,we check continuous surveillance of the day with dorms and private rooms,dorms my with restaurant is equipped with elevator and large balcony to serve to guests staying at hostels why you are take untrue at us for some reason do not for you stay private room cost $ 8 for 2 people/night,exercise bed room includes wood-paneled floor with balcony 45m2 large bathroom with standing shower,2 air,Tv

Good hostel we come back stay again

• Japan

My adcice is book the trip with them very good deal actually .they are responsible for everything ,bed room super clean,spotless the staff were fabulous,friendly and helpful especially Mr.Philip-Manager who help me a lot .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5