Happy Backpackers Hostel Reviews

29 Hang Mam Street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Lovely staff, bed linen clean. Storage boxes were small and the bathroom was in poor condition- great for the price though!

• 16th May 2015

Comfiest bed in Vietnam! But we had troubles with water, first day no water in the whole building, next day we had to take shower in another room. Breakfast not very good, but unlimited coffee and tea all day long.

Decent hostel, good location. Cheap. They've got a really good A/C on the dorms, which was fantastic during midday heat..

Great location and value for money. The girl that works at reception is super nice , friendly, and helpful. She organized my Sapa and Ha long Bay tours before I even arrived since I was on a tight schedule. Both tours she booked for me were great.

• 1st May 2015

The staff in this place is very friendly. The girl at the reception is helpful and honest. We stayed in a standard private room. The blankets were the best in whole vietnam. Very clean and soft. The room is excellent for the price! Including a TV with english channels. AC was working well. The location is very central. Breakfast is standard. Not too special but you can get coffe a d tea as much as you like.

If you are doing side trips to either Sapa or Halong Bay don't book through the hostel, they charge a significantly higher price. I recommend Dao Travel Agency.

The staff is really nice and helpful, I'll recommend also for the value of the money...

• 10th Apr 2015

Great location right in the heart of old town. The room smelt quite badly of drains and it wasn't the cleanest. Unfortunately, despite booking another night while we were there, on return from halong bay, they had given it away and we had to go elsewhere.

Perfect service (Support Halong Bay, SapaTours cheap) really friendly helpful staff in this lovely hotel. The hotel is in a great position for sightseeing, eating and shopping. Our rooms were beautiful, clean and spacious. We would highly recommend this hotel

• 7th Apr 2015

“PEACE IN HANOI !” Excellent service at this hotel. Our room was clean and very quiet. It was nice to relax and forget about the chaos of the city outside. The bathroom had a lot of cabinet space which I loved. The breakfast was cooked to order and delicious. The wifi worked fine and the staff spoke good english.

“Excellent hotel and very well priced!” We booked this hotel of high rating on TA and it didn't fail to disappoint! From the moment we arrived the staff were super helpful and attentive. The rooms are of descent size, super clean, tastefully decorated, and have everything you need (comfy bed, mini fridge, cable tv and hot shower). Excellent location in the old quarter too.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Plans to not only one night in Hanoi, since we believe good Ya if Mawarere the per old town on foot, and reserve the individual affordable price. Since the Night Market well as a short walk away. The next day is reserved the Halong Bay tour here. Noon to go to the tour, night, I was after chucking out, was me let me take a shower and come back here. It was scheduled to ride in the night train, it was a very good service. Also very friendly staff. Breakfast, but there just fine, pretty cheap.

Excellent service, reliable- This is a quality hotel at a reasonable rate. All you would expect from a 3 star hotel, but this is matched by the attitude of the staff. Always helpful,friendly and attentive !

"Recommendable" We've just been staying at this hotel for 3 nights. The property is strategically located in the old quarter, and allows you to walk to various places of interest. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The large bathroom and the bed very comfortable. From the dining room, which is compact, there is a beautiful view of the lake and on the Red River. Decent breakfast for variety. The staff stands for kindness, and professionalism. Excellent value for money.

• 26th Mar 2015

"Hotel lives up to its name" The past few days in this hotel, perfectly located, were a delight. If you can opt for rooms ending with the number 8, they are superb, with a bathroom as integrated in the room. The breakfast is served on the 8th floor. In short, the hotel of choice.

This hostel didn't make me happy at all. I don't know about the private rooms (maybe that's what makes the overall rating high), but the dorm sucked. We had to share 1 bathroom with 12 people, no extra toilet outside or anything. Bathroom was moldy, old, smelly and dirty. Beds are really narrow and the top bunkbed is very high without a rail on both sides. I found the sheets dirty. However, the location is very good and the staff is really nice. I moved to the Boxhotel after 1 night (same price)

-Customer Cheap, friendly reception staff -Support For other services such as Halong Bay, Sapa, train tickets. - Honest!

"taff very friendly name Ms.Trang" The hotel very nice place to stay the room nice and clean. Location in the center, staff help me to booked Ha Long Bay tour and taxi transfer to airport. Ms Trang free breakfast befor go to airport. thank so much and would like recommend this place.

I'm very disappointed w/th this hostel.The room is not like the picture It looks so old n disgusting. the first floor rest room is so smelly and..just gross. I booked a 8 beds mixed but then they put me in a 12 beds mixed dorm.Ok that's the room. The only thing was good is the internet I have nothin to complain coz the wifi is very fast. The receptionist is just so rude. She never gave me a smile or said Hi to me, even when I left she never said GOODBYE THANK YOU GUEST. Maybe coz Im vietnamese?

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

This hostel was a bit hard to find as they had changed the name and only had a small 'Happy Backpackers' sign underneath. Not the typical hostel atmosphere as it is mostly private rooms with dorms on one floor. Pretty decent location in the old quarter though and the staff were some of the happiest I've seen in Vietnam.

« first « Prev 1 2 3