Happy Backpackers Hostel Reviews

29 Hang Mam Street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Excellent service, reliable- This is a quality hotel at a reasonable rate. All you would expect from a 3 star hotel, but this is matched by the attitude of the staff. Always helpful,friendly and attentive !

"Recommendable" We've just been staying at this hotel for 3 nights. The property is strategically located in the old quarter, and allows you to walk to various places of interest. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The large bathroom and the bed very comfortable. From the dining room, which is compact, there is a beautiful view of the lake and on the Red River. Decent breakfast for variety. The staff stands for kindness, and professionalism. Excellent value for money.

• 26th Mar 2015

"Hotel lives up to its name" The past few days in this hotel, perfectly located, were a delight. If you can opt for rooms ending with the number 8, they are superb, with a bathroom as integrated in the room. The breakfast is served on the 8th floor. In short, the hotel of choice.

• 26th Mar 2015

-Customer Cheap, friendly reception staff -Support For other services such as Halong Bay, Sapa, train tickets. - Honest!

"taff very friendly name Ms.Trang" The hotel very nice place to stay the room nice and clean. Location in the center, staff help me to booked Ha Long Bay tour and taxi transfer to airport. Ms Trang free breakfast befor go to airport. thank so much and would like recommend this place.

I'm very disappointed w/th this hostel.The room is not like the picture It looks so old n disgusting. the first floor rest room is so smelly and..just gross. I booked a 8 beds mixed but then they put me in a 12 beds mixed dorm.Ok that's the room. The only thing was good is the internet I have nothin to complain coz the wifi is very fast. The receptionist is just so rude. She never gave me a smile or said Hi to me, even when I left she never said GOODBYE THANK YOU GUEST. Maybe coz Im vietnamese?

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

For start I book a 8 share bedroom and I had a 12 one instead. The picture of the bedroom are totally different of the real bedroom look like , the bathroom was pretty disgusting even if they clean it every morning. The stuff was nice even if they charge you more than the other place for the tour in sapa and halong bay. For five dollar you can't expect a castle but in general I didn't like it.

“Good location.” We stayed in Happy Bakpackers Hostel for 3 night and we really enjoyed it. It was right in the heart of the old quarter and very near the lake. We walked to all the sights we wanted to see from there like Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, Thang Long Water Puppet Theater There was no noise from the busy streets in the bedroom and we got a great nights sleep. The staff were excellent and extremely friendly like most people in Vietnam. The breakfast was great too...

• 22nd Mar 2015

“Excellent Hotel and wonderful staff” I had the opportunity of staying two nights the Happy Backpackers Hostel. I chose this Hotel based on reading other reviews and must say it was a great choice. I called the day before arriving and spoke with the Sales manager Mr David who booked my tours to Halong Bay and also arranged airport pickup. Everything was handled professionally including the tours. Totally professional and friendly staff in all quarters and the excellent reviews are totally justif

“Like Home” I loved everything about this hotel ! Ms.Trang (staff) has been very helpful with our questions and requests days before our arrival. They delivered up to the smallest thing and they gave us even more. We felt special while staying here, we felt like we were home. The staff at the door, the reception, and at the breakfast buffet were superb in their service. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends!

Standard double room with all basic facilities: AC, shower, toilet, mini fridge. Half of the time the warm water didn't work, and there was no water at all on two evenings/nights. The room was not cleaned even once in 4 days. The cards to open the room door also worked on other rooms. There is no common space for chilling, just a small corner behind reception for a PC.

We stayed here for 3 nights in total, before and after we were in Halong Bay. The hotel is located right in the centre of the old quarter and is within walking distance to just about everywhere. Although our room smelt a little damp, we slept just fine. The staff are very friendly and are always willing to help you. I would recommend staying here but I would say don't bother booking a room with breakfast included as what you get won't keep you full for very long.

The staff were incredible at Happy Backpackers, helpful and went above and beyond to make things easy for us. The room we stayed in was clean however it had a terrible mould problem and the bathroom smelled awful. We had to constantly leave the window open because of it. Hate to complain but have to be honest. Great location but you can get nicer rooms elsewhere for similar price.

A hotel with one floor converted to hostel. No common area. Breakfast not included if you stay in dorm. Good location. A place to stay if you just want a clean and quiet place, not a party hostel full of 20 years olds.

“Geweldig Hotel en perfecte service!! ” Hotel bevind zich midden in het oude centrum, alles is op loopafstand. Heerlijk restaurant op het dak met prachtig uitzicht. Mooie en schone kamers, lekker ontbijt.wij hebben een sapa tour geboekt, super geregeld allemaal. Taxi haalde ons op en bracht ons weer terug naar het hotel. We konden onze bagage in het hotel achterlaten tijdens de glory cruise naar halong bay en de sapa tour. Ga je naar Hanoi? Dit hotel is echt een aanrader!

• 9th Mar 2015

“A really great hotel ...” March 2015 and my wife and I are staying at the Hanoi Riverside Inn Hotel and it is hard to find fault. It is ideally located in the old quarter close to the lake with many of the city's other attractions within walking distance. The room are elegant, clean and comfortable. This is not a five or six star hotel but of its type it presents a level of value, service and quality that I have not previously experienced. Do give it a try!

• 9th Mar 2015

Great hotel in Hanoi I am in Hanoi once or twice a year and always try and stay at one of the Hanoi Happy Backpackers hostel properties. This was my first time at the Hanoi Happy Backpackers hostel and it was excellent. Exceeded my expectations .Great room, great breakfast, lovely, helpful staff. Definitely a quality experience.

• 6th Mar 2015

“Small but perfectly formed!” We stayed here for 2 nights in January at the start of our Vietnam holiday & I have to say that the following hotels had a lot to live up to. The hotel was not big, but in the heart of the old quartet, so perfectly positioned to explore on foot. The room was lovely and spacious, but what made it so fab was the staff! They really couldn't do enough to help & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel. I would definitely return if w

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam
  • All Female Group, 41+

“Fabulous hotel” We recently stayed at the Hanoi Happy Backpackers hostel and the staff and rooms are lovely! They can't do enough for you and were always on hand if you needed any help at all. Based in the old town - it wasn't far from anything. And if you're planning a boat trip around Halong Bay, the tour bus will pick you up from this hotel.... and they will even allow you to leave your luggage while you're gone.I would pick this hotel again if I was ever back in Hanoi. Thanks team!

• 5th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

“worth the price” This hotel just in downtown very convenient to any where. Outside the hotel you can find local food very easy to get nice food and shopping. Staffs very helpful and friendly.

• 4th Mar 2015