Happy Bed Hostel - Hallesches Ufer Reviews

Hallesches Ufer 30, Berlin, Germany

hostel is fine, rooms a little small but beds are comfortable. The roof terrace and breakfast room are very nice. Kitchen ok but in the basement. There was one negative thing, though. I had the bed next to the radiator, which I switched off as it is not good to have it on at night. However, there were pipes leading to it and they were very hot, even though the radiator itself was switched off and there was nothing I could do about it. However, it would probably not be a problem for most people

This place was in a great location. Close to Ubahn stops and a short walk to check point charlie. I enjoyed my three nights here, and getting a free breakfast is always nice :)

• 3rd Jan 2015

Mary looked after us so well. This hostel was such great value for money, so clean and good location to train stop and walking distance to major sights. Comfy beds with heated rooms and ensuite. We enjoyed our week there.

2 of the staff members were great. The tall girl with glasses and curly hair and the tall pretty brunette with straight hair were great. The other staff members were rude. The WiFi is awful and they keep a study room locked so you have to work from the play room. I asked them to open the study room and they said no. They said its only for teachers. How stupid is that? There is no space to work in your room at all. They don't clean the showers everyday. Big problem in an 8 person room.

Great hostel in a nice location just outside of Mitte. Staff are really helpful and knowledgeable about the local area, ask Mary for all the best local restaurants!

Nice location close to S-Bahn. The doors to toilet in my 8-bed dorm were squeaking. And at night when fellow travellers were leaving (starting at 4am) it was impossible to sleep because of the constant loud sound of the doors. I honestly thought I will go nuts. Otherwise OK, staff is super friendly, WiFi worked.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Perfect place to stay for a few nights. Not much atmosphere

Large Hostel. Clean Room. Good kitchen and TV room. Easy access by U-bahn to Berlin sites. Friendly girl at reception made me feel really welcome!

It was the worst hostel i've stay in europe. We arrived to the ro and it was full pf spiders, we went to get some help to clean the spiders and the guy in the reception treat me like a crazy woman and didn't do anything to help. We couldn't change hostel because it was all full. The kitchen was small and didn't have anything available to cook. The bath smell very bad all the time because they clean with a product that smell like that. In general all the staff is not kind at all.

• 16th Sep 2014