Happy Buddha Boutique Hostal Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

This was a big time party place with very loud music until midnight every night. Since the rooms are right above the bar, there's no way to escape it. Aside from that, the staff was excellent and tour info was helpful. Monday nights, there's a delicious BBQ!

Great hostel and great location. Have been here for 1 week and would come back again. The bar is a bit quiet in the week days (but loud music anyway - a bit strange) but is located in a nice area with plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants.

It's little more expensive than others but it's a lot nicer. The private rooms are as good as a hotel and it's located in a very nice area.

Underwhelmed. More hotel than hostel, staff pleasant but not friendly, checked in 10pm, didn't have money for the room on me, the guy starts quoting the policy about 'pay upon check-in' instead of asking me to pay the next day, No pillowcase/top sheet or towel on my bed. Was told the next day the laundry came back late

• 28th Apr 2014

Clean, great location but the breakfast is tiny and the dorm at the front of the hostel is impossible to sleep in due to the noise from the bar which closes at around 2am

Very helpful and friendly staff!! 5 stars.

• 22nd Apr 2014

A well run hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The kitchen isn't sufficient for its size though and breakfast is very basic. Good for a couple of nights but for a longer stay I would look for something more cosy.

Nice little hostel, staff are super friendly and helpful!

The only thing is the pool table, it's very worn out. Besides that a beautiful place

Nice hostel, great location, but bad vibes from the staff! I arrived with a smile and an "hola como esta? Tengo una reserva." The receptionist responded "check in is at 2:30," the end. Another promised to check if my room was ready then forgot about me for half an hour and helped other people in the meantime. Strong moldy smell in my room so receptionist lectured the cleaning lady though it was clearly a maintenance issue. Privates are expensive and they charge extra if you bring a date home!

A top class hostel in every respect which has excellent value for the money. I will be staying there whenever I am in El Poblado. I highly recommend.

The hostel is overrated and overpriced. Not a nice atmosphere we thought. The area is nice.

The only problem was that the room was too hot and noisy.

Great Hostel, great staff, very confortable accomodations. A little bit noisy, they have djs playing every night until 12 pm, so, if you are not travelling for party, it can be a little annoying the energetic atmosphere.

Lovely new hostel right in the El Poblado district. Nice comfy beds and good vibe at the bar. Free brekkie with eggs and coffee was good too.

This hostel was great for folks looking for a clean hostel with a bar and common area. It was much less of a 'party' hostel than I expected, which was okay with me. I stayed the first two nights in a private two-bed room with another traveler and it was like a hotel room-- spacious, had a safe, beautiful bathroom and big flatscreen TV-- luxury after staying in beach dorms. The 6-bed female is very nice, too. The 10 bed has only one bathroom. Staff were nice-ish but not helpful or knowledgeable.

Noise from the bar and from people speaking in the corridor outside of the dorm.

The hostel was fantastic. Lots of fun - you just might want to have a dorm facing away from the bar if you value a full night's sleep but I was very comfortable and happy there. It would be good though if jenga at 7am could be banned! Good bar, was delighted to see pool table and table tennis there too and if you fancy a change of scene, there are stacks of places nearby. Staff are very friendly, helpful and informative. Thanks, Happy Buddha, I was sad to leave!

It was a great experience , i enjoy my time there ,i met a lot of people from different culture ,people from reception are very friendly and help me with all my needs.,its confy ,feel like home,thanks for all

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

I had a great time here. Marcela the bartender and all of the staff were great.