Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Best hostel I ever stayed in! Staff can't do enough to help you! Really good vibe and amazing facilities! Would highly recommend!

Great hostel, great location, great staff, would stay there again in a second.

Nice place, not such a great social atmosphere but, could have just been the vibe while I was there. Staff are friendly and you can book loads of excursions from the reception. Nice, safe area too

The staff were quite unhelpful! We asked if we were still booked on a tour and we were told the tour had left- then an hour later we were told the guy was here for the tour! They have an activity board- none of the activities happen but they didn't take the board down! They also advertise a laundrette service- but this didn't exist. Bed bugs in the beds! Showers are good and good wifi!

• 1st Oct 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Facilities and staff are great. Very clean. Great location, just a few blocks from the bars etc. I was contemplating another hostel with a pool over this one but am very pleased with my choice of Happy Buddha. Strongly recommend this hostel to others.

One of the best experiences ever! Simply a great place!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel! Few small problems though. The staff, as lovely as they are, don't know much information about Medellin. Our room wasn't cleaned while we there, and the toilets ran out of paper. Not big things though! I would stay here again and recommend it! Very sociable hostel, awesome chill out area and bar. Good breakfast. Very secure. The best location, everything you need on the doorstep. Also the restaurant downstairs does the best Acai and fresh fruit. Even if you don't stay, go there!

Had a good stay. Very clean hostel with good facilities and atmosphere. Only complaint was for half my stay, the wifi only worked in half the hostel.

Awesome hostel would stay again

• 16th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I booked a 4-bedroom dorm and they put on a 6-bedroom. Messy. The 6 bed-dorm was very tiny and it was difficult to move around it. Good lockers size, though. Staff was very helpful.

first hostel experience and i loved it!

Really clean and comfortable hostel. I could work here, party here, sleep here.All round all boxes checked. A bit far from the station ,but close to parque lleras. Staff are nice, however they generally shove the tourist book in front of you rather than explain how to do medellin a bit cheaper, but I suppose it is a boutique hostel in an upscale area. Stay here and do some research as to how to get around Medellin, as the city sights are further afield and organized tours are rip offs.

Party hostel! But the cleanest one I've ever been to, with amazing staff (they phoned hospitals for hours for me to help me get my yellow fever vaccine) and a great breakfast that more than makes up for the price of the stay.

Very well located hostel, great atmosphere and staff!!

Hostel withthe most potential, but somehow the atnmosphere is not cool. Bar never kicks it and the beer is always warm..

The place is really near to el parque Lleras, the rooms was clean, the staff was really kind and helpfully!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

awesome and clean hostel with great atmosphere!

While backpacking in Colombia with a friend, this has been a nice and friendly hostel. Only bad point : breakfast was quite terrible, sometimes it's not even possible to get a coffee, but there are nice alternatives for breakfast in the street and it is very well located. I liked it !

Very clean, extremely helpful staff, fun bar at night, great wifi, really fun hostel-hosted activities, amazing location (though about 15 blocks from the metro but totally worth it for the cute neighborhood)

Lovely beds, chilled atmosphere, amazing showers and great happy hour cocktails! Breakfast was a bit dodgy, insanely salty eggs served by the female staff who were pretty irate in the mornings... Other than slightly useless staff (apart from the guy, don't know his name sadly) we enjoyed our stay :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4