Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

I love that place, the ambient, the events and especially the Alejandro, the night keeper of comfort and safety when you need to sleep or just waiting for that monement! All respect to happy budha!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

The hostel is great. Rooms are great, CHARGERS AT THE BED AND IN THE LOCKERS, staff is awesome. Only downside: not a 15 min walk from the metro, rather a 30 min walk. The area is great for going out, but if you need to take the metro (which you will everyday in Medellin), it's a bit unpractical.

It was a cool hostel however I was staying in a private room right next to the kitchen, I was woken up repeatedly throughout the night by other guests at the hostel. Apart from that everything else was good.

This is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The FREE WiFi was fast and strong throughout the hostel which is important. The hot water during a shower was great and the water pressure was strong. Each bed had 2 outlets behind the pillow which is outstanding. One thing I would improve upon would be trash cans in each room as there was nowhere to throw away trash inside the room.

Great location and space with clean bathrooms and breakfast included. Downside was the room was super small for 6 people and they don't keep beds for existing guests if you want to extend your stay. We asked the day before if we could stay and they were all booked up so we had to leave.

Except for the fact that some people did not have room keys and the staff at times could have been smiling a bit more, the was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The dorms are small, but the cleanliness of the bathrooms was amazing!

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel! Slightly disorganized check-in system. We stayed for six days and we had to move rooms three times, regardless of empty beds in the rooms. Other than that, wonderful hostel in a great location!

Excellent hostel located in the posh El Poblado neighbourhood in Medellin. The social vibe is perfect: not too crazy, but welcoming for all. The dorm I was in was a little tight, but manageable. I didn't try the free breakfast because there's an amazing French bakery just down the street.

For the price it's a great and modern hostel. Really don't see anything to complain about. The staff were helpful, the breakfast was free and more than what you would normally get, the rooms were fine. I was only in Medellin for two relatively quiet Monday/Tuesday nights so can't say too much about the location but from what I can gather was as good as you could get.

• 16th Mar 2015

Second time at the Happy Buddha, best location in Medellin, rooms are clean, one problem not solved, we had no pressure at all in the shower and rooms a little damp, still a great place to stay !

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Netherlands Antilles
  • Couple, 41+

One of my favourite hostels, almost all down to the atmosphere, and I booked 2 nights and ended up staying 6. The city istelf is beautiful and feels very safe, and there are always things to do in the day and the night. The hostel is pretty near all the main clubs and bars, and is about a 20 minute walk from the metro. The showers are clean and there is hot , which is always a selling point! The wifi is great and the common area and bar is an excellent place to hang out in the day and the night.

Only two negatives: The soccer game tour was double the price that it should have been. They should have two people working the front desk instead of one, to avoid long waits.

Loved this hostel: the location and ambiance were just what I was looking for. By far my favourite hostel in Colombia!

Good location with lots of nice bars and restaurants close by (Parque Lleras). Very clean. There were even lockers with sockets in it to safely charge your electronic equipment. One thing that really disappointed me was that some activities were cancelled. In the evenings there is not much to do on Monday - Wednesday, which happened to be the days that I was there. On Tuesday the salsa class was cancelled and on Wednesday the pub crawl was cancelled. Which makes you go to empty clubs instead.

• 2nd Mar 2015

This hostel is in a great location, very clean, new facilities. We were disappointed that the bar was not very active and they had eliminated their happy hour, despite it being advertised on their website and on signs in the room. Not much atmosphere but it's close to lots of fun bars and restaurants so I guess it encourages you to get out and explore..

Great hostel! Modern, very clean and theres a sort of rooftop bar!!! The breakfast is very good as well: eggs, coffee, sausage or some meat and bread! Also best location in El Poblado Parque lleras, couldn't be better!!! 很好的旅馆,很好好的地位。里面也有一个酒吧,但是睡觉的时候不打扰。也很好的早餐 含鸡蛋,香肠,面包和咖啡。在麦德林最好的旅馆!!

Overall a very good Hostel! So planned to come back but unfortunately our plans changed. When we tried to cancel our booking it was no problem at all and we got a confirmation email right away - very good service. Only two things need to be improved: - During our entire stay it was not possible to buy water at the reception - The breakfast was not good at all...very basic and not that tasty...sorry

One of our favourite hostels in Colombia! Great vibes, great neighbourhood, spacious rooms, and breakfast included which is a huge plus!

The hostel has very good facilities!! You do have to know what you are looking for when you book this place. I had a very good time here! There is a nice bar in the hostel and there are many bars and restaurants within walking distance. It is a party hostel, so if you are looking for a very quiet place, you should keep looking.

The Hostel has a boutique-like feel. I like that breakfast( freshly cooked scrambled egg, bread, and fresh fruit) was included and not the usual cereal, stale bread and jam served at most hostels. Great staff especially Jael ( always with a beautiful smile) were all helpful. It is close to everything, except to the metro station, which is 18-20 min away. One of the best hostel that I have stayed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5