Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

The Happy Buddha is a beautiful place in a prime location and there is a truly excellent bistro next door. Furniture and fittings are very stylish. Only problem was that they hadn´t received the booking that I made on Hostelworld. We´d booked a double room with bathroom, and they managed to squeeze us in to a tiny single when we arrived unannounced. The breakfast could have been better considering the swish appearance of the place.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This is definitely the party hostel of Medellin. Even though it was a party hostel, the rooms were nice and clean and the wifi was good. Our bathroom was not the best but there was another available downstairs that was better. It tends to get pretty loud so don't stay here if your priority is sleep. We met a bunch of really cool people here, the atmosphere is great and the bar is a wonderful place to meet other travelers. In a nice safe neighborhood!

This hostel has great potential to be one of the best hostels: good beds, nice bar, lively social area. Our only issue was cleanliness. Our dorm bathroom wasn't cleaned for at least three days and the bathroom downstairs was filled up with used toilet paper. Such a shame!

Great hostel in a great location. Bathrooms could be kept cleaner considering how many people are in this place. Comfy beds. Good facilities. Overall have enjoyed my stay.

The hostel is well located and appeared clean however our stay was ruined by unhelpful & at times very rude staff & the inability to get to sleep until the early hours due to the noise from the downstairs bar. Dorms were clean but in our case 20 people (over 3 dorms) shared a bathroom & none of the electric sockets worked therefore neither did the freestanding fan. The outside door was glass so rooms got bright early & didn't allow much privacy. Better hostels for 1/2 the price on same road.

Great beds and rooms. I only stayed one night but it only took one for me to notice how rude the girl at the front desk was. Never gave me a key for my room and when I asked she was rude and still did not give me one. Really needed to check my email the next day and asked if it was possible and she gave me a broken laptop that did not turn on and when I asked for an alternative she just said no. Although there are like 3 computers behind the front desk and she was too busy on her phone.

Had a great time during my stay. It was easy to meet other travelers and people on vacation. Clean hostel, few bathrooms. Staff was helpful but they seemed understaffed at the front desk at peak times.

The hostel is located in a great area and the environment is great for partying and just chilling during the day. It's not noisy at night either which is great but I would say the restrooms could be cleaner.

• 15th Jan 2015

Love the plugs in the locker, did not love the employees suggestion to take a private car to the airport (there are buses for the 1/10 of the price)

Overall, one of the worst experiences I've had

It's a party hostel, at a great location near Lleras Park (all bars and club you will need). But you can also sleep when you choose to do so, as the have many dorms at the back far from the bar. The only thing I was not too happy: Someone stole my phone charger and went through my roommate's cloths. Everybody in the room were friends and I find very unlikely it an action of a traveler. But obviously, cant guarantee it was someone from the staff either.

Good place to stay. Friendly staff, clean facilities, great common area hang out with table tennis, pool table right by the bar. highly reccomended. Excellent location.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere.

Two complaints with the hotel. 1) The staff were really rude and unhelpful 2) The rooms were not cleaned daily. This resulted in the room being incredibly unpleasant (our room only had a tiny window) after day 2. They cleaned when we requested but that was when it was already unacceptable. Two good things 1) Great location 2) Nice double rooms with private bathrooms and TVs - more like a hotel than a hostel.

Great area, nice, clean

Great place to meet people, nice bar/terrasse/common areas. Had a private room, big and clean. Great location in El Poblado. Breakfast is good, your average eggs and toast. The only downside was the reception staff who will go out of their way to be unhelpful, everything I asked for, from change to a spoon were responded by : no es possible... gets annoying after a while.

There is a very dangerous staircase up the back of the building that leads to where I stayed.. All they need to do is put up a handrail

The hostel was in a good location, had a pool table

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. Location is perfect. Bar area in the hostel and socializing with people from around the world was great. I literally met 10-15 new friends here and had an amazing time.

• 26th Dec 2014

1st and best hostel experience of my life. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms and perfect hang out spot to meet people.

• 24th Dec 2014