Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Well located hostel in a nice area with bars and green areas. Thank you staff!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Great hostel!! What I liked the most is that is super clean.. the bathroom was always in good conditions. The beds are comfortable. They have a bar and the atmosphere is amazing! Met a lot of great people during my stay. The breakfast is also good. The only bad thing is that I hired their shuttle service to pick me up at the airport but they never did and I had to take a taxi by myself.

Front desk was poor, everything else was incredibly strong. Best showers in South America. Great hangout areas, solid breakfast too

It's a great place to stay. It's located near to a lot of restaurant.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Colombia

I really liked this hostel and it was super clean. I found the staff very friendly and responsive. The location rocked. I wish they had more comfortable chairs in the bar terrace section and maybe a hammock.

The hostel is very clean with nice and modern facilities and the rooms are very spacious. The staff, however, was a nightmare. They were reluctant to answer questions and were very unfriendly in general. Also the organisation of the breakfast could be improved.

Amazing hostel in the most beautiful area in Medellin. We stayed in a private room and it was as good even better than a hotel. Security is very tight, swipe card for entry into hostel and wrist bands. 2 kitchens in the hostel with good facilities. Great bar and good atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• 14th Jun 2015

Nice bar, pretty social atmosphere if you like drinking. Bit further up the hill. No AC, gets kinda muggy if you have no fan.

Good breakfast and very helpful staff. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

The location was fantastic and the fact that they have an open terrace bar is a plus with nightly specials. The crowd wasn't all that compared to the other hostels I've been to, but it didn't matter much since we spent most of our time outside. The staff was great for the most part and very helpful. I definitely appreciated the cleanliness aspect of this place as well.

Hostel itself is amazing with large social area and kitchen and big dorms. It's a typical party environment hostel. If you're looking to party with just westerners then a great fit. Difficulty was that it's almost an overwhelming atmosphere to meet people. Lacks charm and close feeling of some smaller hostels. Good fit depending on what you're looking for.

Great location and Alejandro on night shift was great. The breakfast was nice too. That's about where the good stuff ends. The dormitoriy was too small,unable for 2 people to pass one another and the top bunk is way to close to the ceiling. We arrived late on Friday night and there was a toilet out of order and the paper bins overflowing. This was still the case into late Saturday morning. During the day we would wait outside having ring the bell for up to 15 minutes...

• 29th May 2015
  • South Africa

I had so much fun at this hostel. The staff were very helpful. The female only dorm was very clean, quiet and had two showers in the ensuite. Great breakfast too. Only issue was the alcohol at the bar was quite expensive. $10,000 for a mixer! Ouch.

party place but nice

This hostel is really hard to get a reservation because it's so great for the price. The showers are warm and they provide soap. There is a nice breakfast every morning. The TV is great for watching the Warriors beat the Rockets. There is always someone playing ping pong. The deck outside is fun to lounge and pregame at. They play western music which is very rare in Colombia. It is right around the corner from an exito express. This place is the perfect hostel.

This hostel is on its way to becoming a top hostel in south America, however it seems management is more concerned saving costs than having more staff on during peak times. The Staff were the only issue I had in this hostel. Other than that it is almost perfect.

If you want to party and stay up until 3:00-4:00 every night then go ahead. If you want to sleep a bit early some nights. Good luck! For some sleep ask for a room in the back. The front rooms have a shared bathroom for around 24 people so it becomes hectic. In the back they have some ensuite bathrooms in the dorms. Some rooms did not have extra keys so we had to go ask someone to let us in every time. Kind of annoying. The place itself isn't filthy or anything. But not that clean either.

The hostel was very nice with really great facilities. I would recommend this hostel if you are looking for nice facilities and are going with other people, but despite being a party hostel, I didn't find the people at the hostel too friendly. Might have just been the week I was staying at.

This hostel is a hotel! Great amenities, great breakfast, and in a perfect location. Staff are helpful when it comes to arranging things and with advice. The only problem for me was the proximity to the bar.

Great hostel all round. En-suites are not cheap, though...

• 10th May 2015