Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

We had a great experience, the girls at the reception are very nice.

This is a great hostel clean and maids do a good job at maintaining it. This is more of a party hostel since in my opinion, with the bar open late . The only thing is if your into quite laid back hostel just ask them not to put you in the rooms close to the common areas you shall be good! Great time met great ppl you'll enjoy this place probably the best hostel In Medellin!!! BIG TIP make sure you have Colombian pesos almost every place doesn't take American dollars! Plus cabs are soo cheap!

In my five week treck through South America, this was the best hostel I stayed in!

• 18th Jul 2015

The guests make Happy Buddah a good place to stay with a fun atmosphere in the evenings. Our private room was expensive. It was swanky & the bed was comfy but the shower was rubbish & the breakfast included is not worth getting up for (biggest downfall). No laundry service & the staff are unfriendly. I kept getting short changed at the bar as they had no 1000 peso notes & they were doing this to other guests on the night. We moved hostel & came back to visit friends at their bar instead.

The Happy Buddha Hostel is a very clean and safe hostel where you can make many friends from all over the world. Additionally the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely choose the happy Buddha Hostel again.

• 12th Jul 2015

+ Relaxed atmosphere + Good location + Lots of public space + Enough bathrooms + Free shampoo in the showers - Not very much space in the dorms - No alcohol allowed in the hostel (only the one bought there) All in all I would recommend this hostel! Had a good time there!

Everything was tops for this hostel staff are more than happy to tell you how to get places and the location is great, this is a party hostel though so I wouldn't recommend it if you want to chill out

I had heard many great things about the hostel which is perhaps why it didn't live up to expectations. Rooms were very clean but they do get hot without air con. Nice pool table and table tennis table but lacks enough comfy areas to meet people. Nice solid gate at the front but feel like they buzz anyone in and solid lockers which is great. I think they are supposed to give you key cards for inside? Staff are FANTASTIC and help with anything. Kitchen has basic utensils to cook but we managed.

Only stayed one night, but it served its purpose. Clean, centrally located, and good breakfast. A little noisy for my liking, especially since I needed to be up early, but things calmed down by 1:30 or so. All in all a nice place!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great bang for my buck, but it just seemed like the reception and breakfast staff was some combination of overworked and just generally not all that thrilled to help the residents/make them feel welcome. If there was something the guests could do to help eliminate this problem it would be nice for there to be a sign or something saying, "our staff is more than happy to help you, but please do XY&Z in order to ensure that they can help all of our guests as best they can.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The girl who worked evenings at the front desk was very rude to us on several occasions. We also had booked online to ensure we would have the same room (he came to visit me from the States), and they gave away his spot. Considering they advertise everywhere that the only guarantee for your stay, is by making a reservation, false advertising. He paid extra for the 4 bdrm, and didn't get any $ back even though the room they gave him should have been less. Facilities/location were nice, that's it.

Excellent hostel in the tranquil (by day) area of El Poblado. Great bar and terrace area which lead to a superb atmosphere each night. Nightly activities and daily tours from the hostel were all good and easy to book. Breakfast was basic, but nice enough and the rooms are clean and modern. Only slight downside is lack of aircon, but I understand it was particularly hot when I was in Medellin. Good staff, overall, highly recommended.

Well located hostel in a nice area with bars and green areas. Thank you staff!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Great hostel!! What I liked the most is that is super clean.. the bathroom was always in good conditions. The beds are comfortable. They have a bar and the atmosphere is amazing! Met a lot of great people during my stay. The breakfast is also good. The only bad thing is that I hired their shuttle service to pick me up at the airport but they never did and I had to take a taxi by myself.

Front desk was poor, everything else was incredibly strong. Best showers in South America. Great hangout areas, solid breakfast too

It's a great place to stay. It's located near to a lot of restaurant.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Good hostel, parties some nights of the week. Good atmosphere. Only one complaint, the staff were average, the bartender hated his job and was very unpleasant to deal with. Also he didn't have change and said he would bring my change to me later in the night but never did. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this all the time and kept the change as people get drunk and forget.

I really liked this hostel and it was super clean. I found the staff very friendly and responsive. The location rocked. I wish they had more comfortable chairs in the bar terrace section and maybe a hammock.

The hostel is very clean with nice and modern facilities and the rooms are very spacious. The staff, however, was a nightmare. They were reluctant to answer questions and were very unfriendly in general. Also the organisation of the breakfast could be improved.

Amazing hostel in the most beautiful area in Medellin. We stayed in a private room and it was as good even better than a hotel. Security is very tight, swipe card for entry into hostel and wrist bands. 2 kitchens in the hostel with good facilities. Great bar and good atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• 14th Jun 2015