Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Location was perfect next to an area of amazing restaurants, boutiques. metro is 20 min walk, but I figure better to walk to subway vs. restaurants. Area is a bit touristy for going out, but you can find local areas nearby. Hostel atmosphere was perfect - very social but not overly party. Good areas to meet, organized parties & nice bar. Ensuite dorms were bigger & nicer for the same price. bathrooms super modern. clean. staff was nice, but they need more than one working at a time.

Best hostel I have stayed in! Great hostel! Great tours! Extremely social hang out!

I just wanted a calmed night, and it was what I got. Pretty comfy! Nice breakfast, nice people, cheap beer, nice facilities! Just pretty good for a hostel.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Excellent place , we really enjoyed our visit.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Colombia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel is clean, spacious and good value for money. Great location near to bars and restaurants but far enough that you don't hear a lot of noise. The staff helped out when asked. female dorm was nice but the showers were a bit weird... just a frosted glass panel separating them & toilet. Parents double rm flooded through roof in heavy rain but I presume they'll have fixed that now and they gave a full nights refund!

Great location and nice atmosphere with the balcony bar. I keep extending my stay here but that ment each day I had to check out at 11am and check back in at 3pm. A little annoyimg but still worth it.

The hostel was really clean with the exception of the upstairs bathroom. Great atmosphere and decent breakfast.

I love that place, the ambient, the events and especially the Alejandro, the night keeper of comfort and safety when you need to sleep or just waiting for that monement! All respect to happy budha!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Great place.

The hostel is great. Rooms are great, CHARGERS AT THE BED AND IN THE LOCKERS, staff is awesome. Only downside: not a 15 min walk from the metro, rather a 30 min walk. The area is great for going out, but if you need to take the metro (which you will everyday in Medellin), it's a bit unpractical.

I had a wonderful time at Happy Buddah. Great location. Excellent staff. Nice breakfast. Hot showers. Super quick wifi. Wonderful atmosphere. I liked it so much I extended my stay from 3 nights to 9 nights!

It was a cool hostel however I was staying in a private room right next to the kitchen, I was woken up repeatedly throughout the night by other guests at the hostel. Apart from that everything else was good.

Great location in Poblado district, close to nice restaurants and bars. Decent bar and breakfast too. Rooms are comfortable if small. The management need to look at the headcount of the reception staff as I often had to wait a while to be served. I had to wait a while to be checked in, I have never come across this before.

This is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The FREE WiFi was fast and strong throughout the hostel which is important. The hot water during a shower was great and the water pressure was strong. Each bed had 2 outlets behind the pillow which is outstanding. One thing I would improve upon would be trash cans in each room as there was nowhere to throw away trash inside the room.

Great location and space with clean bathrooms and breakfast included. Downside was the room was super small for 6 people and they don't keep beds for existing guests if you want to extend your stay. We asked the day before if we could stay and they were all booked up so we had to leave.

Except for the fact that some people did not have room keys and the staff at times could have been smiling a bit more, the was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The dorms are small, but the cleanliness of the bathrooms was amazing!

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel! Slightly disorganized check-in system. We stayed for six days and we had to move rooms three times, regardless of empty beds in the rooms. Other than that, wonderful hostel in a great location!

Excellent hostel located in the posh El Poblado neighbourhood in Medellin. The social vibe is perfect: not too crazy, but welcoming for all. The dorm I was in was a little tight, but manageable. I didn't try the free breakfast because there's an amazing French bakery just down the street.

For the price it's a great and modern hostel. Really don't see anything to complain about. The staff were helpful, the breakfast was free and more than what you would normally get, the rooms were fine. I was only in Medellin for two relatively quiet Monday/Tuesday nights so can't say too much about the location but from what I can gather was as good as you could get.

• 16th Mar 2015

Second time at the Happy Buddha, best location in Medellin, rooms are clean, one problem not solved, we had no pressure at all in the shower and rooms a little damp, still a great place to stay !

• 10th Mar 2015