Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

best hostel i have stayed in in a long time!

Excellent, very modern and clean hostel. Super bar (though not overly busy), great common areas and super-fast wifi. Lots of people to hang out with, good restaurants and bars close by. In the "touristy" area of town, but all hostels are really. Highly recommended.... saw two other hostels in Medellin and they were nothing like it! Only teeny tiny negative point was that the showers would change from hot to cold and vice versa sometimes. Made for a dynamic shower experience. ;)

Don't order a taxi here, they keep you waiting on the taxi until you miss it!

excellcent in every way

Met and partied with Aussies, Germans, and gals from England while at the hostel. It was a lot of fun. Just a couple short block walk to the entire party zone around Parque Lleras. I'm a single dude chasing ass and looking for the best party areas and I met some really hot girls at this hostel quickly and hung out with them. I don't do drugs but there is enough MJ and cocaine offered in the area to kill a herd of elephants if ur into that type of party. The area is safe and food n area is superb

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed in in terms of quality of rooms, amenities, location and cleanliness. We stayed in a private room and it was more like a hotel room than a hostel. Unbelievable value for the price. Hot showers. Great terrace bar. Staff always helpful in organising tours and advice.

A lovely hostel in an excellent part of Medellin. Bathrooms are lovely and breakfast is good. The staff are friendly but there are not enough of them. Only one person on the front desk during the day results in a long wait to check in and get information.

The staff was super friendly and helpful there was a few tours I wanted to do and they told me about how I can do them on my own with a few other ppl I met at the hostel so that saved me a bunch of money. The first night I landed my debit card wasn't working and the girl working just let me go ahead and check in and took me on a tour of the hostel because she knew I was tired and I paid my balance the following day! Overall a great hostel and would stay there again!

• 25th Nov 2014

Liked the location. Easy walk to the monorail. The hostel was close to a lot of restaurants and bars. Our room was big and they cleaned it every day if you hang up the card on your door. It`s a party hostel so bring your ear plugs if your not in a party mood. They also arrange safe pickup at the airport for a charge. The basic single room next to the kitchen should have some hangers. Would make the room more functional.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Norway

Had a really good time here and made some really good friends. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location and atmosphere at the hostel.

Very clean and in a geat neighborhood. There are places to go out a couple of blocks away and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The hostel is super clean and the staff is pretty friendly.

Excellent hostel with a great aesthetic and social vibe, but also with reasonable limits (bar and music shut down at midnight). The location also very good in Medellin's best neighborhood. No major complaints really, although perhaps some of the dorm rooms are a little close to the communal kitchen which can be disruptive when trying to sleep. Maybe this kitchen should just be closed down since there is already a second kitchen closer to the reception area..? In any case, just a minor thing!

I loved this hostel! Staff is so nice and helpful, location is great, very close to Parque Lleras and nice restaurants and bars. Clean bathrooms and rooms. Will definitely go back when in Medellin.

Really poor check in procedure. After traveling for hours to get to a city, all you want is to get a shower and your room/bed, We had to wait over and hour after official check in time to get our room. Have an activities person to facilitate social atmosphere, especially at night. I have seen this work at many hostels.

Nothing negative really to say about this place. Fantastically well located, with really helpful staff and a great balcony bar. I'd score higher if it sold food and provided a laundry service. The recommended laundry place is very expensive and not particularly good. Would highly recommend this place all the same.

Great place to stay in fun safe neighborhood! Really really hard beds though.

• 27th Oct 2014

although a friend and I spent over a week the staff never cleaned the room, even after several solicitations from our part.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Staff are so friendly and help you with anything you needed, location is perfect! Very social hostel. Rooms were fantastic! Highly recommend!!

Best hostel I ever stayed in! Staff can't do enough to help you! Really good vibe and amazing facilities! Would highly recommend!

The overall experience was good, certainly for the price we paid. Unfortunately the whole shower experience was a total dissapointment, the temperature of the water was impossible to regulate, it was or to cold or way to hot. It frustrated us deeply being unable to properly shower, the water pressure was poor as well as the amount of hot water and its duration. The room was also poorly ventilated which caused a nasty smell all the time (suite 101) the bathroom has no window nor a extractor.

• 17th Oct 2014