Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel

Fabulous 1551 Total Reviews

• erinmalecki
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Jun 2017

I always have an awesome stay at Happy Buddha. The bar always has something going on so it's easy to meet people ! The hostel has hundreds of cute restaurants, shops, cafes and bars all within a short walking distance, I could spend countless hours exploring. The hostel is super clean and the free breaky is an awesome added touch ! If you're in Medellin Happy Buddha is a great spot to be :)

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Jun 2017

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Everything was very clean and brand new. Had a great atmosphere and was in a very trendy and safe area of Medellin. Would definitely recommend.

15th Jun 2017
3.4

The most unfriendly staff I've ever encountered. (Specifically Juanana). Claimed I hadn't paid. Lost my key deposit. Interrupted our conversation to speak to other people or reply to her WhatsApp. Couldn't use a computer. In the website it says that there are no spaces, but there were 8 beds spare in my room. I came to party, but it was a useless party environment, went to a different hostel most nights for pre-drinks. Super expensive. Rubbish wifi. Noisy at all times, even if there's no one there.

• NomadJack
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
14th Jun 2017
4.9

I created an account just to warn you all about how terrible this place is. I stayed here with a mate expecting a party hostel with fun staff - wrong. The vibe during the day is a ghost town. Music is blasted from 10am, yet the bar doesn't open until 6pm. The staff were SO MISERABLE! Every request was a hassle for them; directions, tours. One staff member, Juanana with glasses on the desk, was extremely rude! We asked another staff member why; he told us she's a feminist. Avoid at all costs!

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017
6.0

Staff unfriendly and always seemed a bit dazed. Not very helpful with suggesting things to do in the city. If you're into hard partying then this is the place for you - if you're looking for a more relaxed social vibe, look elsewhere!

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Nice hostel in a good location. However claiming to be a "party" hostel is slightly far fetched during my stay of 5 days the bar never opened before 5.30pm which was slightly disappointing but still enjoyed the stay other than that

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Jun 2017
4.3

Don't stay here, we really didn't enjoy our time here. The main cause for our bad experience was due to the staff. The staff were rude, uninterested and generally useless. I asked them questions like, "Can we extend a night?" or "Can I borrow a pen?" Each time I was met with bank stares. Whenever I went to speak to the staff they would act as if I was annoying them and they would just sit on their phones even while they were meant to be working at the reception. It took 1 hour to check in!

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017
4.9

Much more expensive than its competition, our dorm was dark and unpleasant, with the sink in the bathroom loose. Andreas the receptionist who checked us in was one of the rudest people I've ever met. No effort was made to provide me with a key for a locker. The breakfast was mediocre. Do not stay here (but visit the hostel bar- a fun place to meet people).

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th May 2017
5.7

Was extremely disappointed in this hostel. After having been recommended as THE 'party' hostel felt like it couldn't have been any less of one! Showers and toilets were good w/ hot water, but our room had a joining fan/light which was a real hassle at night - and the fan only had one (VERY slow) speed. Got a bit sick of security/reception following us around - toilet, kitchen, room they were always there or trying to come in after. Not sure if they're looking for drugs or just creepy! Bar is $$$

• shaneomacf
  • Ireland, Couple, 25-30
27th May 2017

Was surprisingly quiet the weekend we stayed here considering its the main party hostel. Stayed in a 6 and 10 bed dorm but 10 bed was definitely more spacious and more airy. 6 bed was too hot and just one standing fan in the room. Wifi is patchy but works well on 2nd floor. Facilities are good - pool table, ping pong, bar, free coffee. Kitchen was small and not much utensils for cooking. Some staff weren't the friendliest. Pub crawl Wednesday was good, worth doing. Hot showers and clean hostel.