Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Best hostel around. Staff are always smiling and eager to help! Made my stay much easier. TOP STAFF AND HOSTEL! Will recommend it

We stayed at the Happy Buddha for 5 nights after staying at the Garden of Blues hostel one block away for two nights. The staff was super friendly and spoke good english, and our room was incredibly clean....We stayed in both a shared 6 bed dorm and then a private room. The private room was awesome, had it's own bathroom, balcony and flatscreen TV. One of their staff Jorge was especially helpful & friendly and helped us reserve a trip to Guatape, Escobar tour and even showed us around town.

• 5th Feb 2016

Good hostel for making new friends - the pub crawl is good - if not a little expensive. We stayed in a 10 bed dorm and moved into a female only 6 bed - considerably hotter and louder as it was at the front of the hostel. I'd say the 10 bed was better! Overall great hostel - friendly staff and good breakfast - if you can get up for it!

• 1st Feb 2016

This hostel is great , I think the photos they show on hostel world aren't very good . When I walked in I was surprised to see how nice it really is . Very clean and very nice atmosphere . My favourite though was the staff . Jorge ( I don't know how to spell it ) was so helpful every time I needed a tour or to catch a taxi on time . You could see he really cared to help you in all his efforts . Also the two girls in the morning were so cheerful and sweet .

Very nice hostel to stay in Medellin in a Great Location! The staff were friendly and helpful! The hostel is very clean!! Very nice atmosphere with many travelers!! The bed was comfortable! The shower and toilets were clean with hot water!! Highly recommended!! Parties at night!

Awesome hostel with good atmosphere and lifeliness without being a noise like other partyhostels. We stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm located at the back on the 2 floor. It was a nice and huge room. No airconditioning but a about 6 fans ( yes they make some noise). Sitting on the little terras on the 2nd floor, you won't even know you're smack middle in a city so quiet. The salsa/bachata lessons where especially fun and were led by a very enthousiastic couple really trying to make you learn.

Typical and fairly uninteresting 'party hostel'. We were in a room overlooking the bar (209 I think) which plays music from 11am until past midnight and most of it is top 100 esque trash. Our room was hot and loud. I like partying as much as the next bloke but it would be nice to have somewhere to sleep of your sins in relative comfort. I'd recommend staying elsewhere and maybe checking out this hostel for a drink at the bar but nothing else.

Great party hostel. When I arrived, my bed was filled with water bottles and other trash, however, the staff changed the sheets upon request. They had also run out of keys so I had to ask the front desk to let me in and out until I was able to get a key the next day. I wish staff would have been more helpful when it came to booking tours. When booking my shuttle to the airport, I received conflicting advice about airport shuttle times so I got to the airport very late. Overall, enjoyed my stay

Only one bathroom on the floor I was staying, on which there were 3-4 rooms with 6-8 people in each. I don't know that I'd call this a "party hostel", it's really a hostel where they blare music from noon to midnight everyday(even when no one is drinking at the bar area) and where you can always find people drinking. You have to pay for towels. Breakfast was good, location is secure, beds were pretty comfy, showers were always hot but the floors are always wet

Great hostel, however staff was sometimes inattentive and uninformed. Hostel is pretty clean and serves a great breakfast every morning. Bar is also great. I would come back!

The bar makes the place great. Breakfast is best I have had at a hostel. Poor wifi. Great staff! Very busy place!

Very nice hostel in the middle of the Zona Rosa. The main "but" of the hostel is the reservation system and the mess for knowing which room and how much to pay and how. They claimed it was technical issues during those days, and could be, but the way they have for booking does not seem to work all that well (i.e. they were rejecting people for not having space and that night there were 2 empty beds in the dorm).

Happy Buddha was an amazing hostel - maybe the best I've ever stayed in. Staff was amazing (especially Beatriz). Organized a ride to and from the airport, had excellent recommendations of things to do and helped create a fun atmosphere. Great location right next to Parque Lleras. The tree bar is a great place to meet people, but it is sort of loud. If you are looking to go out (which I was), it's perfect. But if you want an early night request a room away from the bar.

Happy Buddha is the place to stay in Medellin if you want to party. Had an amazing time here, private rooms are top notch, hotel quality! Perfect location (walking distance to lots of cool bars, clubs and restaurants). Staff were very hard working, polite and helpful with organising tours, giving advice etc. Possibly not the best place to stay if you're after a good nights sleep because some of the rooms (like mine was) are very close to the bar! But I highly recommend happy Buddha! :)

While having a great location with excellent beds and bathrooms, there are serious issues. Firstly the staff are incompetent and rude. For example their English was not strong enough even to understand 'we would like to book another night'. When the information was finally communicated, they kept flip flopping for a couple of hours on whether or not we had a bed. Also the bar lacked atmosphere and could never gauge the vibe. Moreover, they refused to give us each a key card, to our own rooms.

Definitely a party hostel. It was a central location for a lot of travelers in the area at night due to the bar which went until 2 am. The staff was friendly, helpful and enjoyed talking with the people staying there. The rooms were a little hot but thats what you get from a hostel.

Most of the staff was very nice, but they were a few with an attitude. Also, it was an issue with the keys, and not all the guests were allowed to have a key room.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

For a south american hostel this is close to the best it gets. If you're expecting something like a European hostel then lower your expectations.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Great location. Helpful staff, decent bar and a decent omelette for breakfast! Pool and table tennis is an added bonus too. Would recommend

Great location - lots of restaurants, cafes, bars, nearby Great facilities - open terraced bar, pool table and table tennis table makes it very easy to socialize, free use of computer, WIFI is ok, sometimes a bit slow Staff - one staff in particular was very helpful - the American Colombian girl beginning with E - she was friendly and helpful with suggestions. The others didn't really seem enthusiastic or smile much but did their job

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6