Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

I loved this hostel! Staff is so nice and helpful, location is great, very close to Parque Lleras and nice restaurants and bars. Clean bathrooms and rooms. Will definitely go back when in Medellin.

Really poor check in procedure. After traveling for hours to get to a city, all you want is to get a shower and your room/bed, We had to wait over and hour after official check in time to get our room. Have an activities person to facilitate social atmosphere, especially at night. I have seen this work at many hostels.

Nothing negative really to say about this place. Fantastically well located, with really helpful staff and a great balcony bar. I'd score higher if it sold food and provided a laundry service. The recommended laundry place is very expensive and not particularly good. Would highly recommend this place all the same.

Great place to stay in fun safe neighborhood! Really really hard beds though.

• 27th Oct 2014

although a friend and I spent over a week the staff never cleaned the room, even after several solicitations from our part.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Staff are so friendly and help you with anything you needed, location is perfect! Very social hostel. Rooms were fantastic! Highly recommend!!

Best hostel I ever stayed in! Staff can't do enough to help you! Really good vibe and amazing facilities! Would highly recommend!

The overall experience was good, certainly for the price we paid. Unfortunately the whole shower experience was a total dissapointment, the temperature of the water was impossible to regulate, it was or to cold or way to hot. It frustrated us deeply being unable to properly shower, the water pressure was poor as well as the amount of hot water and its duration. The room was also poorly ventilated which caused a nasty smell all the time (suite 101) the bathroom has no window nor a extractor.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel, great location, great staff, would stay there again in a second.

Nice place, not such a great social atmosphere but, could have just been the vibe while I was there. Staff are friendly and you can book loads of excursions from the reception. Nice, safe area too

The staff were quite unhelpful! We asked if we were still booked on a tour and we were told the tour had left- then an hour later we were told the guy was here for the tour! They have an activity board- none of the activities happen but they didn't take the board down! They also advertise a laundrette service- but this didn't exist. Bed bugs in the beds! Showers are good and good wifi!

• 1st Oct 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Facilities and staff are great. Very clean. Great location, just a few blocks from the bars etc. I was contemplating another hostel with a pool over this one but am very pleased with my choice of Happy Buddha. Strongly recommend this hostel to others.

One of the best experiences ever! Simply a great place!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel! Few small problems though. The staff, as lovely as they are, don't know much information about Medellin. Our room wasn't cleaned while we there, and the toilets ran out of paper. Not big things though! I would stay here again and recommend it! Very sociable hostel, awesome chill out area and bar. Good breakfast. Very secure. The best location, everything you need on the doorstep. Also the restaurant downstairs does the best Acai and fresh fruit. Even if you don't stay, go there!

Had a good stay. Very clean hostel with good facilities and atmosphere. Only complaint was for half my stay, the wifi only worked in half the hostel.

Awesome hostel would stay again

• 16th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I booked a 4-bedroom dorm and they put on a 6-bedroom. Messy. The 6 bed-dorm was very tiny and it was difficult to move around it. Good lockers size, though. Staff was very helpful.

first hostel experience and i loved it!

Really clean and comfortable hostel. I could work here, party here, sleep here.All round all boxes checked. A bit far from the station ,but close to parque lleras. Staff are nice, however they generally shove the tourist book in front of you rather than explain how to do medellin a bit cheaper, but I suppose it is a boutique hostel in an upscale area. Stay here and do some research as to how to get around Medellin, as the city sights are further afield and organized tours are rip offs.

Party hostel! But the cleanest one I've ever been to, with amazing staff (they phoned hospitals for hours for me to help me get my yellow fever vaccine) and a great breakfast that more than makes up for the price of the stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4