Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Great hostel! Slightly disorganized check-in system. We stayed for six days and we had to move rooms three times, regardless of empty beds in the rooms. Other than that, wonderful hostel in a great location!

Excellent hostel located in the posh El Poblado neighbourhood in Medellin. The social vibe is perfect: not too crazy, but welcoming for all. The dorm I was in was a little tight, but manageable. I didn't try the free breakfast because there's an amazing French bakery just down the street.

For the price it's a great and modern hostel. Really don't see anything to complain about. The staff were helpful, the breakfast was free and more than what you would normally get, the rooms were fine. I was only in Medellin for two relatively quiet Monday/Tuesday nights so can't say too much about the location but from what I can gather was as good as you could get.

• 16th Mar 2015

Second time at the Happy Buddha, best location in Medellin, rooms are clean, one problem not solved, we had no pressure at all in the shower and rooms a little damp, still a great place to stay !

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Netherlands Antilles
  • Couple, 41+

One of my favourite hostels, almost all down to the atmosphere, and I booked 2 nights and ended up staying 6. The city istelf is beautiful and feels very safe, and there are always things to do in the day and the night. The hostel is pretty near all the main clubs and bars, and is about a 20 minute walk from the metro. The showers are clean and there is hot , which is always a selling point! The wifi is great and the common area and bar is an excellent place to hang out in the day and the night.

Only two negatives: The soccer game tour was double the price that it should have been. They should have two people working the front desk instead of one, to avoid long waits.

Best Hostel in Poblano (I aslo stayed at casa kiwi and la galería) the dorms were very nice, spacious clean and modern with nice beds. Best reception girl ever who would even ring people's airlines to sort out problems for them.

Loved this hostel: the location and ambiance were just what I was looking for. By far my favourite hostel in Colombia!

Good location with lots of nice bars and restaurants close by (Parque Lleras). Very clean. There were even lockers with sockets in it to safely charge your electronic equipment. One thing that really disappointed me was that some activities were cancelled. In the evenings there is not much to do on Monday - Wednesday, which happened to be the days that I was there. On Tuesday the salsa class was cancelled and on Wednesday the pub crawl was cancelled. Which makes you go to empty clubs instead.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Arrived in the hostel on a Sunday night. It was quite because everybody had partied enough during the weekend. The outside terrace is really nice. Inside tip: go to Medellin at the end of the week or during the weekend.

This hostel is in a great location, very clean, new facilities. We were disappointed that the bar was not very active and they had eliminated their happy hour, despite it being advertised on their website and on signs in the room. Not much atmosphere but it's close to lots of fun bars and restaurants so I guess it encourages you to get out and explore..

Great hostel! Modern, very clean and theres a sort of rooftop bar!!! The breakfast is very good as well: eggs, coffee, sausage or some meat and bread! Also best location in El Poblado Parque lleras, couldn't be better!!! 很好的旅馆,很好好的地位。里面也有一个酒吧,但是睡觉的时候不打扰。也很好的早餐 含鸡蛋,香肠,面包和咖啡。在麦德林最好的旅馆!!

Overall a very good Hostel! So planned to come back but unfortunately our plans changed. When we tried to cancel our booking it was no problem at all and we got a confirmation email right away - very good service. Only two things need to be improved: - During our entire stay it was not possible to buy water at the reception - The breakfast was not good at all...very basic and not that tasty...sorry

One of our favourite hostels in Colombia! Great vibes, great neighbourhood, spacious rooms, and breakfast included which is a huge plus!

The hostel has very good facilities!! You do have to know what you are looking for when you book this place. I had a very good time here! There is a nice bar in the hostel and there are many bars and restaurants within walking distance. It is a party hostel, so if you are looking for a very quiet place, you should keep looking.

The Hostel has a boutique-like feel. I like that breakfast( freshly cooked scrambled egg, bread, and fresh fruit) was included and not the usual cereal, stale bread and jam served at most hostels. Great staff especially Jael ( always with a beautiful smile) were all helpful. It is close to everything, except to the metro station, which is 18-20 min away. One of the best hostel that I have stayed.

I booked 2 weeks in advance for a weekend away. We arrived at 6PM and check-in took 15 minutes and after that time I was told they overbooked my private room. They lied to me and told me their hostel had another room for us 2 doors down. It was an entirely different hotel not affiliated with them at all. It took 20 minutes to check-into the new hotel. If I wanted to stay at a hotel I would have booked a hotel.Only one staff working at Happy Buddha and overworked. Really annoyed.

Very stylish hostel, good atmosphere and good located. The only thing that the staff need to leave reception to open the the dorms with their keycards. Would be good when guests would get their own keycards. Also they are not well informed about the sightseeing things in the area. I took the cable car to St. Domingo and changed to go up further. I didn't know that it will end at the parc half an hour away. They didn't tell that s better to take a taxi from the Metro to Cerro Nutibarra.

This is a nice hostel which could be much nicer if a few small things were fixed. Firstly, the water did not work for the best part of a day. Now I know this was not the fault of the hostel, however, there was no plan B and people were unable to even go to the toilet for most of the day. Simple solution: buckets of water. The place is also understaffed at night with only one guy on. There also needs to be a common area where people can talk after midnight without being told to go to bed!

Really new hostel, the 6 bed dorms were small but the lockers were big and had power points in them. Bathrooms were awesome. The bar was good, albeit expensive! But the hostel was dead quiet the weekend we were there! When we checked in the staff put us in the wrong beds! And when we asked for a map of Medellin we were told there were none and to get one off the travel agent across the road, which was shut all weekend, so no maps for us!!