Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

I was pretty annoyed 'cause i booked a room with a group of 5 expecting to get the same room and they decided to split us. This was specially annoying when we came home to a large group of bros doing coke on our beds. The staff did nothing to fix this.

Definitely a party hostel. Spend 4 nights and liked it! Try to avoid the room next to the bar (room 209). It's as if you sleep at the bar. Good vibe, good music (no salsa and latino, but western (US) and deephouse/techno).

Stayed in a private room for one night. Great location and atmosphere. Probably the best hostel in Medellin and up there with some of the best hostels in the world I've stayed in. Highly recommend it. Great to meet travelers from all over the world.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Staff were either uninformed or else just not interested, not very organized or helpful. Arrived early in the morning but check out doesn't start till 3... Somehow we didn't manage to get our room until 4:30! No special events over Christmas, no decorations or anything!

Very hot room with no air con or fan. Very noisy at night.

• 21st Dec 2015

I stayed here for 4 nights and really had a blast.. People here are nice and fun to be with although when I stayed here they usually have a private party in the bar hence making us go outside which was still okay and great!!! they serve good breakfast.. the location is PERFECT! the reception is quite disorganized though.. if you want to party and meet other people this would be perfect hostel but if you want quiet time avoid staying here since the bar music is pretty loud esp in our room.haha

Staff were drunk when we checked out - at around 8am in the morning. It was super embarassing and they beyond unprofessional. Toilets and showers were always dirty and dorms were super loud. Kitchen facilities were good though. Great place to party but I wouldn't suggest staying here.

Great stay...

Awful hostel. Sure it's great to party with the bar there but the staff are so unprofessional (talking to their friends and swearing at reception while you wait to be served) and they do not want to go out of their way to help you at all! They're approach and mannerisms are rude and make you feel like you are annoying them. The room was so cramped I couldn't move and was so noisy with music from 5- 1 am every night. The toilets were disgusting all the time. Would not recommend here at all.

Place to stay especially the ensuite dorm. Two showers for 6 bed dorm but outside showers. Had to stay at a few places and this was the best! There is a party there every night but my dorm was quite and could barely hear the noise from the bar. If you want to be where everything is going on its the place to be. If you want quite and alone time then I would opt elsewhere.

Very nice hotel in a great city. A party atmosphere for sure, but with great and helpful staff.

People were great, great environment - rooms were VERY small though and pretty much allowed for no movement whatsoever. Overall, great experience though.

The hostel to go to party. Unfortunately I got very ill the day I arrived and had to visit local hospital, so a party hostel was not what I needed and I checked out after 1 night. Staff were very helpful and accommodating and refunded me the additional nights I had paid for. The one night I was there was not comfortable. Hot dorm room with beds crammed in. People coming back from partying at 4am and blaring music. It's super clean though, with possibly best hostel bathrooms ever.

Great hostel to meet people, even people from other hostels get here to socialize and party. But even if your not up for partying one night, it's fine. The hostel has a great breakfast as well. Tip: book the 10 person ensuite dorm, which is bigger and there's no noise from bars.

Party hostel, but nice if you're into that.

Poor organisation, had mix ups with booked tours and rooms due to lack of communication and co ordination of staff

I stayed in a 2 bed private room on the first floor with a private bathroom. The room was large and quite nice (more like a hotel than a hostel). It was not particularly loud even though there was partying going on all night at the bar. My biggest complaint was that the room got incredibly hot and you had to leave the windows open (which open into the hostel) in order for it to be bearable. Get some air conditioning! The partying was great here and lots of people come to the hostel bar.

Just disappointed the Internet is so slow. Bump it up, it's 2015.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Peru

Fantastic hostel to stay in. I met amazing people and hopefully travel buddies for future occasions. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean. The lockers could have used a lock but all in all, this was a fantastic hostel.

• 5th Dec 2015

One of the nicest hostel's I've stayed in. It's in the best location in Medellin, close to Parque Lleras and lots of bars and restaurants. It's a party hostel but if you're in the back rooms the sound is minimal. Minus points: the in-locker power outlet electrocuted me which wasn't particularly awesome. I also never got a key to the room, which meant I was locked out for 2 hours since no one had a spare. Lastly, the staff aren't particularly clear on things when you register.