Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Nice bar, pretty social atmosphere if you like drinking. Bit further up the hill. No AC, gets kinda muggy if you have no fan.

Good breakfast and very helpful staff. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

The location was fantastic and the fact that they have an open terrace bar is a plus with nightly specials. The crowd wasn't all that compared to the other hostels I've been to, but it didn't matter much since we spent most of our time outside. The staff was great for the most part and very helpful. I definitely appreciated the cleanliness aspect of this place as well.

Hostel itself is amazing with large social area and kitchen and big dorms. It's a typical party environment hostel. If you're looking to party with just westerners then a great fit. Difficulty was that it's almost an overwhelming atmosphere to meet people. Lacks charm and close feeling of some smaller hostels. Good fit depending on what you're looking for.

Great location and Alejandro on night shift was great. The breakfast was nice too. That's about where the good stuff ends. The dormitoriy was too small,unable for 2 people to pass one another and the top bunk is way to close to the ceiling. We arrived late on Friday night and there was a toilet out of order and the paper bins overflowing. This was still the case into late Saturday morning. During the day we would wait outside having ring the bell for up to 15 minutes...

• 29th May 2015
  • South Africa

I had so much fun at this hostel. The staff were very helpful. The female only dorm was very clean, quiet and had two showers in the ensuite. Great breakfast too. Only issue was the alcohol at the bar was quite expensive. $10,000 for a mixer! Ouch.

party place but nice

Happy Buddha is a party hostel full of bros. It just wasn't my scene. I stayed here one night to check it out based on reviews and I ended up going to a hostel I stayed at earlier in my trip to hang out that night. The only major complaint I have is that there was only ONE bathroom for each floor, and if it is full, you cannot use the bathroom on any other floor. I don't think I had a chance to even pee once here because the bathroom on my floor and in the common area were full all night.

This hostel is really hard to get a reservation because it's so great for the price. The showers are warm and they provide soap. There is a nice breakfast every morning. The TV is great for watching the Warriors beat the Rockets. There is always someone playing ping pong. The deck outside is fun to lounge and pregame at. They play western music which is very rare in Colombia. It is right around the corner from an exito express. This place is the perfect hostel.

This hostel is on its way to becoming a top hostel in south America, however it seems management is more concerned saving costs than having more staff on during peak times. The Staff were the only issue I had in this hostel. Other than that it is almost perfect.

If you want to party and stay up until 3:00-4:00 every night then go ahead. If you want to sleep a bit early some nights. Good luck! For some sleep ask for a room in the back. The front rooms have a shared bathroom for around 24 people so it becomes hectic. In the back they have some ensuite bathrooms in the dorms. Some rooms did not have extra keys so we had to go ask someone to let us in every time. Kind of annoying. The place itself isn't filthy or anything. But not that clean either.

The hostel was very nice with really great facilities. I would recommend this hostel if you are looking for nice facilities and are going with other people, but despite being a party hostel, I didn't find the people at the hostel too friendly. Might have just been the week I was staying at.

This hostel is a hotel! Great amenities, great breakfast, and in a perfect location. Staff are helpful when it comes to arranging things and with advice. The only problem for me was the proximity to the bar.

Great hostel all round. En-suites are not cheap, though...

• 10th May 2015

Great hostel, very central but yet in a quiet street. Loads of bars and restaurants around. Staff is nice. The hostel has a nice bar on a huge patio towards the street - good to meet people. Still the rooms (in the back of the hostel) are reasonably quiet.

The hostel is one of the nicest I ever went to. It has a chilly atmosphere and very beautiful rooms!! And the surrounding are is extremely green and has lots of small little shops and cafes. Absolutely recommended!!!

staff are often apathetic

The place is a tad pretentious. The ensuite bathroom of the female dorm is amazing. Kitchen and cleaning staff are very friendly, reception staff not so much and appear like they don't want to be there. Place is a party place so avoid if you prefer a quiet night sleep after midnight

The female dorm with ensuite bathroom is absolutely amazing, especially for hostel standards. Common areas with exception of the bar/ terrace are rather dark and the place seems to attract a slightly younger crowd

Great staff, breakfast was always delicious and great portion size, and the location is excellent! Would highly recommend and stay here again. Rooms, bathroom, and general area were very clean.