Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

This is a nice hostel which could be much nicer if a few small things were fixed. Firstly, the water did not work for the best part of a day. Now I know this was not the fault of the hostel, however, there was no plan B and people were unable to even go to the toilet for most of the day. Simple solution: buckets of water. The place is also understaffed at night with only one guy on. There also needs to be a common area where people can talk after midnight without being told to go to bed!

Really new hostel, the 6 bed dorms were small but the lockers were big and had power points in them. Bathrooms were awesome. The bar was good, albeit expensive! But the hostel was dead quiet the weekend we were there! When we checked in the staff put us in the wrong beds! And when we asked for a map of Medellin we were told there were none and to get one off the travel agent across the road, which was shut all weekend, so no maps for us!!

Loved the Happy Buddha. Super friendly staff and the vibe was much more fun/ready to party than where I was staying (Tiger Paw) so I left TigerPaw my last night and came here. Great bar, clean area, decent breakfast. Can't complain for $10 USD

Stayed a week in medellín and wound up staying at the happy Buddha all week. Very clean (the cleaning people seemed to be mopping at least 18 hours a day), very social hostel. The staff is very friendly as well. If you are travelling alone, want to meet cool people, and be in the nice part of the city, this is the place to stay!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Definitely a party hostel, good atmosphere, awesome bar where everyone hangs out, the beds are comfortable but the rooms are kinda small. Bathrooms could be cleaner. The staff are not the nicest and the most helpful. They didn't give us keys to our room so every time we had to go to the reception and ask them to open the door for us which was very annoying. Free breakfast was good.

Not enough bathrooms for guests, luckily I had the female dorm which meant I had a private bathroom. The staff were not the most helpful a lot of what the hostel had on offer was not available such as Monday night BBQ and maps!! There was not enough keys for everyone to have to the rooms so you had to get Reception to let you into the room and which made it harder to get to the reception desk. Otherwise very clean and good place to meet people.

Fantastic facilities : great wifi, Powerpoints galore, great showers Atmosphere : good party vibe especially on weekends. Staff: very helpful but not amazingly friendly

loved this hostel, we had a great time here. bar, ping pong, pool table, good breakfast, good lockers with charging station inside. the only thing that needs improving is they should clean the bathrooms more often as the bins are constantly overflowing with toilet paper even though the facilities themselves are very modern. Also though it's great they have a bar, they really need to train the staff to make better cocktails, i bought about 3 different ones but they were all really disgusting.

unfriendly staff - the only answer you get to all your questions: "come back in 20 minutes i`m busy" bathrooms rarely cleaned, rooms almost never. they sell tours that doesnt take place and dont refund the money (Pablo Escobars Brother was absent at the "meet Pablo Escobars Brother tour") Locations is quiet good, but there are arround 20 other hostels at parque lleras.

This place was awesome.. great people.. great staff.. and the room was awesome.. we had a private room with a bathroom. it felt more like a hotel than a hostel... would stay here again in an instant.

• 25th Jan 2015

The Happy Buddha is a beautiful place in a prime location and there is a truly excellent bistro next door. Furniture and fittings are very stylish. The breakfast could have been better considering the swish appearance of the place.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Awesome hostel, great staff and a lot of young backpackers. Location is right in the party area but not in a noisy street, so perfect! Only thing is that the shots if you dance on the bar and the salsa class are not there anymore, although they still stand in the Colombia facil guide.

This is definitely the party hostel of Medellin. Even though it was a party hostel, the rooms were nice and clean and the wifi was good. Our bathroom was not the best but there was another available downstairs that was better. It tends to get pretty loud so don't stay here if your priority is sleep. We met a bunch of really cool people here, the atmosphere is great and the bar is a wonderful place to meet other travelers. In a nice safe neighborhood!

This hostel has great potential to be one of the best hostels: good beds, nice bar, lively social area. Our only issue was cleanliness. Our dorm bathroom wasn't cleaned for at least three days and the bathroom downstairs was filled up with used toilet paper. Such a shame!

Great hostel in a great location. Bathrooms could be kept cleaner considering how many people are in this place. Comfy beds. Good facilities. Overall have enjoyed my stay.

The hostel is well located and appeared clean however our stay was ruined by unhelpful & at times very rude staff & the inability to get to sleep until the early hours due to the noise from the downstairs bar. Dorms were clean but in our case 20 people (over 3 dorms) shared a bathroom & none of the electric sockets worked therefore neither did the freestanding fan. The outside door was glass so rooms got bright early & didn't allow much privacy. Better hostels for 1/2 the price on same road.

Great beds and rooms. I only stayed one night but it only took one for me to notice how rude the girl at the front desk was. Never gave me a key for my room and when I asked she was rude and still did not give me one. Really needed to check my email the next day and asked if it was possible and she gave me a broken laptop that did not turn on and when I asked for an alternative she just said no. Although there are like 3 computers behind the front desk and she was too busy on her phone.

Had a great time during my stay. It was easy to meet other travelers and people on vacation. Clean hostel, few bathrooms. Staff was helpful but they seemed understaffed at the front desk at peak times.

The hostel is located in a great area and the environment is great for partying and just chilling during the day. It's not noisy at night either which is great but I would say the restrooms could be cleaner.

• 15th Jan 2015

Great party hostel only bad thing I can say is my friends wallet was stolen almost had to be a cleaning lady

• 14th Jan 2015