Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

The hostel is well located and appeared clean however our stay was ruined by unhelpful & at times very rude staff & the inability to get to sleep until the early hours due to the noise from the downstairs bar. Dorms were clean but in our case 20 people (over 3 dorms) shared a bathroom & none of the electric sockets worked therefore neither did the freestanding fan. The outside door was glass so rooms got bright early & didn't allow much privacy. Better hostels for 1/2 the price on same road.

Great beds and rooms. I only stayed one night but it only took one for me to notice how rude the girl at the front desk was. Never gave me a key for my room and when I asked she was rude and still did not give me one. Really needed to check my email the next day and asked if it was possible and she gave me a broken laptop that did not turn on and when I asked for an alternative she just said no. Although there are like 3 computers behind the front desk and she was too busy on her phone.

Had a great time during my stay. It was easy to meet other travelers and people on vacation. Clean hostel, few bathrooms. Staff was helpful but they seemed understaffed at the front desk at peak times.

The hostel is located in a great area and the environment is great for partying and just chilling during the day. It's not noisy at night either which is great but I would say the restrooms could be cleaner.

• 15th Jan 2015

Great party hostel only bad thing I can say is my friends wallet was stolen almost had to be a cleaning lady

• 14th Jan 2015

It's a party hostel for sure. Bathrooms got nasty in the afternoon while I was there.

Love the plugs in the locker, did not love the employees suggestion to take a private car to the airport (there are buses for the 1/10 of the price)

Great Hostel in Poblado. The location is awesome close to parque lleras, where the nightlife takes place. The hostel is pretty new and clean. The staff is awesome, helped me with all my questions. The hostel also has a bar which isn't too busy, but okay to get to know some of the people staying at the hostel. So met some cool people there. Definitely recommend the hostel.

Overall, one of the worst experiences I've had

It's a party hostel, at a great location near Lleras Park (all bars and club you will need). But you can also sleep when you choose to do so, as the have many dorms at the back far from the bar. The only thing I was not too happy: Someone stole my phone charger and went through my roommate's cloths. Everybody in the room were friends and I find very unlikely it an action of a traveler. But obviously, cant guarantee it was someone from the staff either.

BEST HOSTEL IN SOUTH AMERICA

Good place to stay. Friendly staff, clean facilities, great common area hang out with table tennis, pool table right by the bar. highly reccomended. Excellent location.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere.

Two complaints with the hotel. 1) The staff were really rude and unhelpful 2) The rooms were not cleaned daily. This resulted in the room being incredibly unpleasant (our room only had a tiny window) after day 2. They cleaned when we requested but that was when it was already unacceptable. Two good things 1) Great location 2) Nice double rooms with private bathrooms and TVs - more like a hotel than a hostel.

Great area, nice, clean

Great place to meet people, nice bar/terrasse/common areas. Had a private room, big and clean. Great location in El Poblado. Breakfast is good, your average eggs and toast. The only downside was the reception staff who will go out of their way to be unhelpful, everything I asked for, from change to a spoon were responded by : no es possible... gets annoying after a while.

There is a very dangerous staircase up the back of the building that leads to where I stayed.. All they need to do is put up a handrail

The hostel was in a good location, had a pool table

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. Location is perfect. Bar area in the hostel and socializing with people from around the world was great. I literally met 10-15 new friends here and had an amazing time.

• 26th Dec 2014

1st and best hostel experience of my life. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms and perfect hang out spot to meet people.

• 24th Dec 2014