Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Great location, great open-air deck overlooking a very cool part of the best neighborhood in the city. The single rooms were a bit pricey, but I was glad to stay there. Nice staff. I recommend this hostel. I definitely recommend Medellin.

Nice place but definitely not a party hostel. The drinks are way overpriced and most of us staying in hostels are on a budget so that's extremely annoying especially when "no outside alcoholic beverages" are permitted. Cool set up and nice patio. Breakfast was good, consisted of eggs,toast, breakfast and coffee. Overall cleanliness was great.

bathrooms were disgusting…. really dirty.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Mexico

This is a party hostel. If you're looking to stay up late and chat, go for it. Otherwise you should probably find somewhere else, as this place was loud at night and every morning the common areas were littered with beer bottles and plastic baggies.

Great location. Sockets inside lockers: nice touch!

You can't find a better place to stay in Medellin. The hostel is super clean and modern, located in the middle of the best neighborhood ( Poblado ). The employees are great and the front desk will always give you good tips with a large smile. My special thanks for Santi and Anabela

Brilliant terrace bar overlooking one of El Poblado's pretty side streets. Friendly and helpful staff.

As a traveler, I tend to carry many items to the bathroom when showering. Your bathrooms would benefit if you installed more shelves to place those items. I found myself using the toilet cover to put my things on. Not the greatest place.

• 15th May 2014

This was a big time party place with very loud music until midnight every night. Since the rooms are right above the bar, there's no way to escape it. Aside from that, the staff was excellent and tour info was helpful. Monday nights, there's a delicious BBQ!

Great hostel and great location. Have been here for 1 week and would come back again. The bar is a bit quiet in the week days (but loud music anyway - a bit strange) but is located in a nice area with plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants.

It's little more expensive than others but it's a lot nicer. The private rooms are as good as a hotel and it's located in a very nice area.

Underwhelmed. More hotel than hostel, staff pleasant but not friendly, checked in 10pm, didn't have money for the room on me, the guy starts quoting the policy about 'pay upon check-in' instead of asking me to pay the next day, No pillowcase/top sheet or towel on my bed. Was told the next day the laundry came back late

• 28th Apr 2014

Clean, great location but the breakfast is tiny and the dorm at the front of the hostel is impossible to sleep in due to the noise from the bar which closes at around 2am

Very helpful and friendly staff!! 5 stars.

• 22nd Apr 2014

A well run hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The kitchen isn't sufficient for its size though and breakfast is very basic. Good for a couple of nights but for a longer stay I would look for something more cosy.

Nice little hostel, staff are super friendly and helpful!

The only thing is the pool table, it's very worn out. Besides that a beautiful place

Nice hostel, great location, but bad vibes from the staff! I arrived with a smile and an "hola como esta? Tengo una reserva." The receptionist responded "check in is at 2:30," the end. Another promised to check if my room was ready then forgot about me for half an hour and helped other people in the meantime. Strong moldy smell in my room so receptionist lectured the cleaning lady though it was clearly a maintenance issue. Privates are expensive and they charge extra if you bring a date home!

A top class hostel in every respect which has excellent value for the money. I will be staying there whenever I am in El Poblado. I highly recommend.

The hostel is overrated and overpriced. Not a nice atmosphere we thought. The area is nice.