Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Great Hostel in Poblado. The location is awesome close to parque lleras, where the nightlife takes place. The hostel is pretty new and clean. The staff is awesome, helped me with all my questions. The hostel also has a bar which isn't too busy, but okay to get to know some of the people staying at the hostel. So met some cool people there. Definitely recommend the hostel.

Overall, one of the worst experiences I've had

It's a party hostel, at a great location near Lleras Park (all bars and club you will need). But you can also sleep when you choose to do so, as the have many dorms at the back far from the bar. The only thing I was not too happy: Someone stole my phone charger and went through my roommate's cloths. Everybody in the room were friends and I find very unlikely it an action of a traveler. But obviously, cant guarantee it was someone from the staff either.

BEST HOSTEL IN SOUTH AMERICA

Good place to stay. Friendly staff, clean facilities, great common area hang out with table tennis, pool table right by the bar. highly reccomended. Excellent location.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere.

Two complaints with the hotel. 1) The staff were really rude and unhelpful 2) The rooms were not cleaned daily. This resulted in the room being incredibly unpleasant (our room only had a tiny window) after day 2. They cleaned when we requested but that was when it was already unacceptable. Two good things 1) Great location 2) Nice double rooms with private bathrooms and TVs - more like a hotel than a hostel.

Great area, nice, clean

Great place to meet people, nice bar/terrasse/common areas. Had a private room, big and clean. Great location in El Poblado. Breakfast is good, your average eggs and toast. The only downside was the reception staff who will go out of their way to be unhelpful, everything I asked for, from change to a spoon were responded by : no es possible... gets annoying after a while.

There is a very dangerous staircase up the back of the building that leads to where I stayed.. All they need to do is put up a handrail

The hostel was in a good location, had a pool table

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. Location is perfect. Bar area in the hostel and socializing with people from around the world was great. I literally met 10-15 new friends here and had an amazing time.

• 26th Dec 2014

1st and best hostel experience of my life. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms and perfect hang out spot to meet people.

• 24th Dec 2014

Beautiful rooms, great bar, but can turn into a big frat party. If that's what you're looking for, enjoy!

We were very disappointed with our stay. We had booked a private room that was quite expensive. We weren't given our own key and had to continuously ask and wait for someone at the front desk to come and open our room. The security was poor, you could crawl through a window into our room. We even had to do this once because no one was around to let us into our room. Our fan was broken so the room was very hot and our security lock box was also not working. Choose somewhere else.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Very impressed with this party hostel. It was clean, efficient, and in an excellent location. The deck with bar is great for pregaming, the walls have drapes so noise from downstairs doesn't carry to the rooms, there's fresh cooked breakfast, and overall it's a great place to meet people, party in Poblado, and then chill the next day. Also stayed in a six bed dorm that had very large lockers which was great.

awesome party hostel in awesome location. best hostel in medellin. showers were super cold or super hot, also windows didn't lock on my room so anyone could climb in from outside.

best hostel i have stayed in in a long time!

Excellent, very modern and clean hostel. Super bar (though not overly busy), great common areas and super-fast wifi. Lots of people to hang out with, good restaurants and bars close by. In the "touristy" area of town, but all hostels are really. Highly recommended.... saw two other hostels in Medellin and they were nothing like it! Only teeny tiny negative point was that the showers would change from hot to cold and vice versa sometimes. Made for a dynamic shower experience. ;)

I think the girl's name is Ana Maria at the front desk. I could be wrong but she was super helpful. We liked the vibes here a lot. It has an awesome deck, pool table, and ping pong table. Great spot to meet fellow travelers. It is right in the heart of all the action.