Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

We were very disappointed with our stay. We had booked a private room that was quite expensive. We weren't given our own key and had to continuously ask and wait for someone at the front desk to come and open our room. The security was poor, you could crawl through a window into our room. We even had to do this once because no one was around to let us into our room. Our fan was broken so the room was very hot and our security lock box was also not working. Choose somewhere else.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Very impressed with this party hostel. It was clean, efficient, and in an excellent location. The deck with bar is great for pregaming, the walls have drapes so noise from downstairs doesn't carry to the rooms, there's fresh cooked breakfast, and overall it's a great place to meet people, party in Poblado, and then chill the next day. Also stayed in a six bed dorm that had very large lockers which was great.

awesome party hostel in awesome location. best hostel in medellin. showers were super cold or super hot, also windows didn't lock on my room so anyone could climb in from outside.

best hostel i have stayed in in a long time!

Excellent, very modern and clean hostel. Super bar (though not overly busy), great common areas and super-fast wifi. Lots of people to hang out with, good restaurants and bars close by. In the "touristy" area of town, but all hostels are really. Highly recommended.... saw two other hostels in Medellin and they were nothing like it! Only teeny tiny negative point was that the showers would change from hot to cold and vice versa sometimes. Made for a dynamic shower experience. ;)

I think the girl's name is Ana Maria at the front desk. I could be wrong but she was super helpful. We liked the vibes here a lot. It has an awesome deck, pool table, and ping pong table. Great spot to meet fellow travelers. It is right in the heart of all the action.

Don't order a taxi here, they keep you waiting on the taxi until you miss it!

excellcent in every way

Met and partied with Aussies, Germans, and gals from England while at the hostel. It was a lot of fun. Just a couple short block walk to the entire party zone around Parque Lleras. I'm a single dude chasing ass and looking for the best party areas and I met some really hot girls at this hostel quickly and hung out with them. I don't do drugs but there is enough MJ and cocaine offered in the area to kill a herd of elephants if ur into that type of party. The area is safe and food n area is superb

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed in in terms of quality of rooms, amenities, location and cleanliness. We stayed in a private room and it was more like a hotel room than a hostel. Unbelievable value for the price. Hot showers. Great terrace bar. Staff always helpful in organising tours and advice.

A lovely hostel in an excellent part of Medellin. Bathrooms are lovely and breakfast is good. The staff are friendly but there are not enough of them. Only one person on the front desk during the day results in a long wait to check in and get information.

The staff was super friendly and helpful there was a few tours I wanted to do and they told me about how I can do them on my own with a few other ppl I met at the hostel so that saved me a bunch of money. The first night I landed my debit card wasn't working and the girl working just let me go ahead and check in and took me on a tour of the hostel because she knew I was tired and I paid my balance the following day! Overall a great hostel and would stay there again!

• 25th Nov 2014

Top class spot. Great location. Really new fresh hostel. Almost had a hotel like feel. Staff were all nice bar one cleaning lady with a chip on her shoulder. The only complaint was the 6 bed dorm was a little cramped. I would pick the 10 bed next time. Nice bar area. I'm really glad I chose this place

Liked the location. Easy walk to the monorail. The hostel was close to a lot of restaurants and bars. Our room was big and they cleaned it every day if you hang up the card on your door. It`s a party hostel so bring your ear plugs if your not in a party mood. They also arrange safe pickup at the airport for a charge. The basic single room next to the kitchen should have some hangers. Would make the room more functional.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Norway

Had a really good time here and made some really good friends. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location and atmosphere at the hostel.

Very clean and in a geat neighborhood. There are places to go out a couple of blocks away and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The hostel is super clean and the staff is pretty friendly.

Excellent hostel with a great aesthetic and social vibe, but also with reasonable limits (bar and music shut down at midnight). The location also very good in Medellin's best neighborhood. No major complaints really, although perhaps some of the dorm rooms are a little close to the communal kitchen which can be disruptive when trying to sleep. Maybe this kitchen should just be closed down since there is already a second kitchen closer to the reception area..? In any case, just a minor thing!

Only stayed for one night but easily one of the nicest hostels on my whole trip. Extreme clean and new. The girls only dorm was amazing - huge and with massive private ensuite with 2 showers and a toilet. Definite tip for females is to book this room type. Hostel was pretty quiet when I went so atmosphere wasn't amazing but would definitely recommend.

I loved this hostel! Staff is so nice and helpful, location is great, very close to Parque Lleras and nice restaurants and bars. Clean bathrooms and rooms. Will definitely go back when in Medellin.

Nice hostel in El Poblado close to plenty of places to eat, drink, and party. Hostel was cool with cooked breakfast and bar overlooking the street.