Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Just disappointed the Internet is so slow. Bump it up, it's 2015.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Peru

Fantastic hostel to stay in. I met amazing people and hopefully travel buddies for future occasions. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean. The lockers could have used a lock but all in all, this was a fantastic hostel.

• 5th Dec 2015

One of the nicest hostel's I've stayed in. It's in the best location in Medellin, close to Parque Lleras and lots of bars and restaurants. It's a party hostel but if you're in the back rooms the sound is minimal. Minus points: the in-locker power outlet electrocuted me which wasn't particularly awesome. I also never got a key to the room, which meant I was locked out for 2 hours since no one had a spare. Lastly, the staff aren't particularly clear on things when you register.

Great location, nice people but rude staff. Had no electricity for a night even though they assured us it would be back within a few hours.

could have done with a/c apart from that a brilliant hostel !!

We found Happy Budda is not so much a party hostel like we had heard about. That said its in a great location with a good breakfast included and excellent showers. Modern and clean but lacking a common area to chill apart from the bar.

If you're looking for a place to party, this is the place! People from all other hostels gather here to start the night before heading out to the next venue! Great facilities, and entertainment - perfect for making new friends :). If you're looking for a quiet place, look elsewhere, otherwise this is what you're looking for! If I was to pick at something, the bed prices are much higher compared to other hostels in the nearby vicinity

It's somewhat of a party hostel, but the room I was in was quiet enough. The bar is the best aspect. There is also a pool table and a table tennis table. Good bathrooms.

We had a great stay here! The staff were friendly and welcoming and the drinks and prices at the bar were great. The rooms were comfortable and soundproofed well enough that we could sleep when we wanted to, and the breakfast was always a nice addition. Excellent location!

Great party hostel. Loved the bar and the atmosphere. Staff were pretty bad... Took ages to check in as there is only one person at the desk. Most don't speak English at the desk. Bar staff are great. Activities are fantastic, I did the pub crawl. Rooms are small and crammed with assigned beds (I prefer first come first serve). Bathrooms are really nice. No a/c - so hot!! If you don't stay here, be sure to party here!

In the best location in Medellin. The hostel where everyone wanted to stay. Attracts higher classed backpackers than other hostels that I've stayed in. Good bar, the staff is helpful and friendly. The private rooms are spacious. but bunk rooms crowded. No air-conditioning.

• 21st Nov 2015

This is 100% a party hostel - there was loud music each and every night and you can hear it in the rooms. We knew this before we booked though and it was far from a problem as we were usually out every night anyway. We booked a private twin room and I've gotta say... THE best shower I've ever had. Hot water, high pressure, absolutely spotless... brilliant. There's a pool table and table tennis that's great to use when you've had a few drinks and the location was perfect. Recommend 100% :)

The hostel has a great location. The atmosphere is very very party like, specially considering the Hostel bar which is always very crowded at night. The breakfast was good and the staff helpfull. I did not feel the same for recepcion staff at night shift. The rooms were very confortable and clean. Overall a good experience.

I stayed at happy Buddha on a Friday and Saturday night and it was perfect! The bar is always lively and it's a very sociable place, I'm travelling alone and easily met up with lots of people. I was in a 10 bed dorm at the back and it's very modern, almost like a hotel and kept very clean with huge showers. Wouldn't fancy staying too long though, as people are going out every night and coming in at all times. Rooms at the front are really noisy too as close to the bar.

Good times at Happy Buddha! Yeah it's super loud, especially if you've got the room next to the bar but I had loads of fun here and met lots of nice people.

The hostel is a great facility. Awesome bar, everything is new, very clean and great atmosphere. The only thing bad about this place is the staff and they are TERRIBLE. I don't even know where to begin to start to describe their incompetence. So unhelpful, seem to know nothing about the city and anytime you ask for anything they grudgingly responded as though you were a huge inconvenience. Hostel is worth staying staying at for the location and facility, but be warned about the awful staff!

Very nice and clean hostel, however, the shape of the bar was not conducive to my style of making friends.

This place has a nice location and is nice and clean BUT the staff is mind blowingly awful. It actually became comical at one point how bad they were. Things as simple as check in felt like I was doing them a disservice and ruining their day. i had to book another night online because they didn't want to do it at front desk. Oh, and some girl got robbed by the cleaning staff (proven by cameras) and returned the stuff but that cleaning lady was seen cleaning there the next day.

• 17th Nov 2015

Nice hostel in good location with good clean facilities. Only bad thing would have to be the unhelpful staff. No information about the hostel was provided at check-in, also they didn't reply to my emails when I sent a request to stay additional nights which was annoying because when I arrived they were booked up for those dates (they weren't at the time I emailed them).

Nice, clean bathrooms and rooms. Breakfast was good. Unfortunately the staff were so unhelpful and rude. Would wait at the bar or reception for 10 minutes while they would just sit there ignoring you. And people coming into our room while we were sleeping trying to get us to do the pub crawl was very annoying and stupid.