Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

unfriendly staff - the only answer you get to all your questions: "come back in 20 minutes i`m busy" bathrooms rarely cleaned, rooms almost never. they sell tours that doesnt take place and dont refund the money (Pablo Escobars Brother was absent at the "meet Pablo Escobars Brother tour") Locations is quiet good, but there are arround 20 other hostels at parque lleras.

This place was awesome.. great people.. great staff.. and the room was awesome.. we had a private room with a bathroom. it felt more like a hotel than a hostel... would stay here again in an instant.

Fun place, loud but the smaller dorms are set back. Good atmosphere

The Happy Buddha is a beautiful place in a prime location and there is a truly excellent bistro next door. Furniture and fittings are very stylish. The breakfast could have been better considering the swish appearance of the place.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Awesome hostel, great staff and a lot of young backpackers. Location is right in the party area but not in a noisy street, so perfect! Only thing is that the shots if you dance on the bar and the salsa class are not there anymore, although they still stand in the Colombia facil guide.

This is definitely the party hostel of Medellin. Even though it was a party hostel, the rooms were nice and clean and the wifi was good. Our bathroom was not the best but there was another available downstairs that was better. It tends to get pretty loud so don't stay here if your priority is sleep. We met a bunch of really cool people here, the atmosphere is great and the bar is a wonderful place to meet other travelers. In a nice safe neighborhood!

This hostel has great potential to be one of the best hostels: good beds, nice bar, lively social area. Our only issue was cleanliness. Our dorm bathroom wasn't cleaned for at least three days and the bathroom downstairs was filled up with used toilet paper. Such a shame!

Great hostel in a great location. Bathrooms could be kept cleaner considering how many people are in this place. Comfy beds. Good facilities. Overall have enjoyed my stay.

The hostel is well located and appeared clean however our stay was ruined by unhelpful & at times very rude staff & the inability to get to sleep until the early hours due to the noise from the downstairs bar. Dorms were clean but in our case 20 people (over 3 dorms) shared a bathroom & none of the electric sockets worked therefore neither did the freestanding fan. The outside door was glass so rooms got bright early & didn't allow much privacy. Better hostels for 1/2 the price on same road.

Great beds and rooms. I only stayed one night but it only took one for me to notice how rude the girl at the front desk was. Never gave me a key for my room and when I asked she was rude and still did not give me one. Really needed to check my email the next day and asked if it was possible and she gave me a broken laptop that did not turn on and when I asked for an alternative she just said no. Although there are like 3 computers behind the front desk and she was too busy on her phone.

Had a great time during my stay. It was easy to meet other travelers and people on vacation. Clean hostel, few bathrooms. Staff was helpful but they seemed understaffed at the front desk at peak times.

The hostel is located in a great area and the environment is great for partying and just chilling during the day. It's not noisy at night either which is great but I would say the restrooms could be cleaner.

• 15th Jan 2015

Great party hostel only bad thing I can say is my friends wallet was stolen almost had to be a cleaning lady

• 14th Jan 2015

It's a party hostel for sure. Bathrooms got nasty in the afternoon while I was there.

Love the plugs in the locker, did not love the employees suggestion to take a private car to the airport (there are buses for the 1/10 of the price)

Great Hostel in Poblado. The location is awesome close to parque lleras, where the nightlife takes place. The hostel is pretty new and clean. The staff is awesome, helped me with all my questions. The hostel also has a bar which isn't too busy, but okay to get to know some of the people staying at the hostel. So met some cool people there. Definitely recommend the hostel.

Overall, one of the worst experiences I've had

It's a party hostel, at a great location near Lleras Park (all bars and club you will need). But you can also sleep when you choose to do so, as the have many dorms at the back far from the bar. The only thing I was not too happy: Someone stole my phone charger and went through my roommate's cloths. Everybody in the room were friends and I find very unlikely it an action of a traveler. But obviously, cant guarantee it was someone from the staff either.

BEST HOSTEL IN SOUTH AMERICA

Good place to stay. Friendly staff, clean facilities, great common area hang out with table tennis, pool table right by the bar. highly reccomended. Excellent location.

• 3rd Jan 2015