Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel Reviews

Carrera 35 7 - 108, Parque Lleras, El Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Arrived in the hostel on a Sunday night. It was quite because everybody had partied enough during the weekend. The outside terrace is really nice. Inside tip: go to Medellin at the end of the week or during the weekend.

This hostel is in a great location, very clean, new facilities. We were disappointed that the bar was not very active and they had eliminated their happy hour, despite it being advertised on their website and on signs in the room. Not much atmosphere but it's close to lots of fun bars and restaurants so I guess it encourages you to get out and explore..

Great hostel! Modern, very clean and theres a sort of rooftop bar!!! The breakfast is very good as well: eggs, coffee, sausage or some meat and bread! Also best location in El Poblado Parque lleras, couldn't be better!!! 很好的旅馆,很好好的地位。里面也有一个酒吧,但是睡觉的时候不打扰。也很好的早餐 含鸡蛋,香肠,面包和咖啡。在麦德林最好的旅馆!!

Overall a very good Hostel! So planned to come back but unfortunately our plans changed. When we tried to cancel our booking it was no problem at all and we got a confirmation email right away - very good service. Only two things need to be improved: - During our entire stay it was not possible to buy water at the reception - The breakfast was not good at all...very basic and not that tasty...sorry

One of our favourite hostels in Colombia! Great vibes, great neighbourhood, spacious rooms, and breakfast included which is a huge plus!

The hostel has very good facilities!! You do have to know what you are looking for when you book this place. I had a very good time here! There is a nice bar in the hostel and there are many bars and restaurants within walking distance. It is a party hostel, so if you are looking for a very quiet place, you should keep looking.

The Hostel has a boutique-like feel. I like that breakfast( freshly cooked scrambled egg, bread, and fresh fruit) was included and not the usual cereal, stale bread and jam served at most hostels. Great staff especially Jael ( always with a beautiful smile) were all helpful. It is close to everything, except to the metro station, which is 18-20 min away. One of the best hostel that I have stayed.

I booked 2 weeks in advance for a weekend away. We arrived at 6PM and check-in took 15 minutes and after that time I was told they overbooked my private room. They lied to me and told me their hostel had another room for us 2 doors down. It was an entirely different hotel not affiliated with them at all. It took 20 minutes to check-into the new hotel. If I wanted to stay at a hotel I would have booked a hotel.Only one staff working at Happy Buddha and overworked. Really annoyed.

Very stylish hostel, good atmosphere and good located. The only thing that the staff need to leave reception to open the the dorms with their keycards. Would be good when guests would get their own keycards. Also they are not well informed about the sightseeing things in the area. I took the cable car to St. Domingo and changed to go up further. I didn't know that it will end at the parc half an hour away. They didn't tell that s better to take a taxi from the Metro to Cerro Nutibarra.

This is a nice hostel which could be much nicer if a few small things were fixed. Firstly, the water did not work for the best part of a day. Now I know this was not the fault of the hostel, however, there was no plan B and people were unable to even go to the toilet for most of the day. Simple solution: buckets of water. The place is also understaffed at night with only one guy on. There also needs to be a common area where people can talk after midnight without being told to go to bed!

Really new hostel, the 6 bed dorms were small but the lockers were big and had power points in them. Bathrooms were awesome. The bar was good, albeit expensive! But the hostel was dead quiet the weekend we were there! When we checked in the staff put us in the wrong beds! And when we asked for a map of Medellin we were told there were none and to get one off the travel agent across the road, which was shut all weekend, so no maps for us!!

Loved the Happy Buddha. Super friendly staff and the vibe was much more fun/ready to party than where I was staying (Tiger Paw) so I left TigerPaw my last night and came here. Great bar, clean area, decent breakfast. Can't complain for $10 USD

Stayed a week in medellín and wound up staying at the happy Buddha all week. Very clean (the cleaning people seemed to be mopping at least 18 hours a day), very social hostel. The staff is very friendly as well. If you are travelling alone, want to meet cool people, and be in the nice part of the city, this is the place to stay!

Definitely a party hostel, good atmosphere, awesome bar where everyone hangs out, the beds are comfortable but the rooms are kinda small. Bathrooms could be cleaner. The staff are not the nicest and the most helpful. They didn't give us keys to our room so every time we had to go to the reception and ask them to open the door for us which was very annoying. Free breakfast was good.

Not enough bathrooms for guests, luckily I had the female dorm which meant I had a private bathroom. The staff were not the most helpful a lot of what the hostel had on offer was not available such as Monday night BBQ and maps!! There was not enough keys for everyone to have to the rooms so you had to get Reception to let you into the room and which made it harder to get to the reception desk. Otherwise very clean and good place to meet people.

Really nice modern hostel which big lockers, individual sockets and lights. We were in a female dorm which had a huge en-suite bathroom. Great common areas and great location - really near all the bars and clubs. Only problem we had was on our last night one of the staff checked a male in to our room at about midnight and said that there was no other rooms available for him (we were in a female dorm). Not ideal but staff apologised in the morning and said they'd look in to it.

Fantastic facilities : great wifi, Powerpoints galore, great showers Atmosphere : good party vibe especially on weekends. Staff: very helpful but not amazingly friendly

loved this hostel, we had a great time here. bar, ping pong, pool table, good breakfast, good lockers with charging station inside. the only thing that needs improving is they should clean the bathrooms more often as the bins are constantly overflowing with toilet paper even though the facilities themselves are very modern. Also though it's great they have a bar, they really need to train the staff to make better cocktails, i bought about 3 different ones but they were all really disgusting.

unfriendly staff - the only answer you get to all your questions: "come back in 20 minutes i`m busy" bathrooms rarely cleaned, rooms almost never. they sell tours that doesnt take place and dont refund the money (Pablo Escobars Brother was absent at the "meet Pablo Escobars Brother tour") Locations is quiet good, but there are arround 20 other hostels at parque lleras.

This place was awesome.. great people.. great staff.. and the room was awesome.. we had a private room with a bathroom. it felt more like a hotel than a hostel... would stay here again in an instant.