Happy Dragon Courtyard Reviews

No51,Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

The best hostel in Beijing!!! I stayed in 2 other hostels and this one, was awasome! Stayed in 6 bed ensuite, the room was big and confterble, the staff was helpful, the location was great! Just less then 5 minutes walking from the subway station. very nice neighborhood.. And the hostel it self is beautiful!!

Pretty location, close to subway, rooms clean and facilities fab! Part of Happy Dragon chain which we highly recommend having stayed in two other Happy Dragon hostels.

The main reason I booked this hostel was for the tours they offered, and they told me they no longer do them due to lack of interest. The only one they do is the Great Wall. There's no dumpling party or any group activities like it says. Not sure what "security" is besides having the desk manned 24/7. It's kept clean and the cafe is pretty good. Located down a sketchy alley, but super close to the subway. If you're looking for nothing more than a place to sleep, it's for you.

Amazing Staff!!!!!!!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great hostel in a great location would stay there again!

Lovely and genuinely friendly staff. They remembered my name and went above and beyond to help. Very nice, quiet place. A little out of the way, tucked down a side road, but exactly what I wanted.

I went three times at HDC, i really love this place. First the staff is super friendly, then the place is lovely ans so well situated : closed to shop, subway, nice place to go out and a fantastic foot massage shop ! . If i go back to Beijin, i will for sure book @ HDC !

• 30th Jul 2014

The staff is great especially Holly. They would remember who you were and would worry about you when you went off exploring the city. We had arranged a car to take us to see the wall and we had exited the wrong place so we had to call the driver to find us and it happened to be an entrance he was not allowed in. The driver and the hostel tried their best to arrange another person to take us to our driver. It was wonderful service!!

nice staffs, they helped me to find the attraction spots......nice atmosphere as well..

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

HD is an awesome place to stay at in Beijing. Good location: 3~5 minutes walk to Metro line 5, 20 minutes or 1 stop to Guijie, a street for foodies, also close to Dongzhimen area. Great staff, always friendly and helpful. Ask for Amanda if you need any help. Good atmosphere, sit in the bar and try some jasmine tea or Qingdao beer while getting to know other travelers. A wide range of western food to choose from if you wanna give a break to chinese food. Will stay again!

Had a great time at Happy Dragon courtyard. It went with a friend, it was our first time in Beijing and this was definitely the right place to stay. Very close to metro station. The staff are very friendly and all of them can speak good English. Kind regards to 文娜 and 尚鸽 the two girls in the bar who are really nice. Besides, we could learn how to make dumplings thanks to the staff in the hostel as well as enjoy an international atmosphere with people coming from several countries.

The staff is very helpful! Location is great. The wifi is not so good, but that's just because of the carrier they have. Pretty awesome place, I would go back!

Fabulous hostel in a local 'hutong' laneway in the centre of Beijing. We loved walking past the locals playing Mah Jong in the evening! Great local restaurants nearby. Lovely and very helpful staff members . Tours were well organised and value for money. We loved it here!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is super friendly and helpful, rooms are nice, location is great; I have nothing to complain about. I came back to Beijing for a night before my flight back home and HDC was the first place I looked, and I'm typing this review from here now!

• 16th Jun 2014

I really very like this place. Good location (for walking on the city, for going to airport). Very friendly staff and really not expensive.

The atmosphere was one of the best for any Asian hostel I've stayed at. It would be nice if there were organized "bar crawl" activities or something like that, or maybe a map of the surrounding area. When we checked in people helped up carry our bags to our room, which was a huge help. Little things like that make a big difference, and I really appreciated all the small touches.

The staff was friendly and I would recommend this place to everyone of all ages

• 4th Jun 2014

The staff was really friendly and extremely helpful. They really helped us and went above and beyond their responsibilities. The food served in the cafe was surprisingly good and very good value. We arrived their on friday evening and it was dumpling night. We got to make dumplings and eat them all for free.

• 31st May 2014

A small but nice place with classic Chinese style houses with courtyard and corridor. The location is good, just 5 minutes from nearest metro. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Too bad I just spent 1 day here as I need to catch my train to Shanghai afterward, but it would be great to have a longer stay here some other time.

Nice courtyard hostel in hutong near subway - took 30 minutes from train station, 1 hour to airport. Nice staff. Downside; communal unisex bathroom (awkward) had only 2 toilets and 2 showers (queues in morning), no place to eat own food, no recycling. Draconian rules - my companion was not permitted to enter to use the shower even though I offered to pay extra, we had just got off an overnight train, and he had a 26 hour journey home ahead of him - a bit harsh and inflexible.