Happy Dragon Courtyard Reviews

No51,Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Pretty location, close to subway, rooms clean and facilities fab! Part of Happy Dragon chain which we highly recommend having stayed in two other Happy Dragon hostels.

Great hostel in a great location would stay there again!

Lovely and genuinely friendly staff. They remembered my name and went above and beyond to help. Very nice, quiet place. A little out of the way, tucked down a side road, but exactly what I wanted.

I went three times at HDC, i really love this place. First the staff is super friendly, then the place is lovely ans so well situated : closed to shop, subway, nice place to go out and a fantastic foot massage shop ! . If i go back to Beijin, i will for sure book @ HDC !

• 30th Jul 2014

HD is an awesome place to stay at in Beijing. Good location: 3~5 minutes walk to Metro line 5, 20 minutes or 1 stop to Guijie, a street for foodies, also close to Dongzhimen area. Great staff, always friendly and helpful. Ask for Amanda if you need any help. Good atmosphere, sit in the bar and try some jasmine tea or Qingdao beer while getting to know other travelers. A wide range of western food to choose from if you wanna give a break to chinese food. Will stay again!

Had a great time at Happy Dragon courtyard. It went with a friend, it was our first time in Beijing and this was definitely the right place to stay. Very close to metro station. The staff are very friendly and all of them can speak good English. Kind regards to 文娜 and 尚鸽 the two girls in the bar who are really nice. Besides, we could learn how to make dumplings thanks to the staff in the hostel as well as enjoy an international atmosphere with people coming from several countries.

The staff is very helpful! Location is great. The wifi is not so good, but that's just because of the carrier they have. Pretty awesome place, I would go back!

Fabulous hostel in a local 'hutong' laneway in the centre of Beijing. We loved walking past the locals playing Mah Jong in the evening! Great local restaurants nearby. Lovely and very helpful staff members . Tours were well organised and value for money. We loved it here!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is super friendly and helpful, rooms are nice, location is great; I have nothing to complain about. I came back to Beijing for a night before my flight back home and HDC was the first place I looked, and I'm typing this review from here now!

• 16th Jun 2014

I really very like this place. Good location (for walking on the city, for going to airport). Very friendly staff and really not expensive.

The atmosphere was one of the best for any Asian hostel I've stayed at. It would be nice if there were organized "bar crawl" activities or something like that, or maybe a map of the surrounding area. When we checked in people helped up carry our bags to our room, which was a huge help. Little things like that make a big difference, and I really appreciated all the small touches.

The staff was friendly and I would recommend this place to everyone of all ages

• 4th Jun 2014

The staff was really friendly and extremely helpful. They really helped us and went above and beyond their responsibilities. The food served in the cafe was surprisingly good and very good value. We arrived their on friday evening and it was dumpling night. We got to make dumplings and eat them all for free.

• 31st May 2014

Nice courtyard hostel in hutong near subway - took 30 minutes from train station, 1 hour to airport. Nice staff. Downside; communal unisex bathroom (awkward) had only 2 toilets and 2 showers (queues in morning), no place to eat own food, no recycling. Draconian rules - my companion was not permitted to enter to use the shower even though I offered to pay extra, we had just got off an overnight train, and he had a 26 hour journey home ahead of him - a bit harsh and inflexible.

This was my second visit to the Happy Dragon Courtyard and it was even better than the first. The renovation work is complete, the double rooms are really comfortable, the staff even friendlier than before and the cafe/bar relaxing. I really like the position of the hostel in a hutong while at the same time it is near the subway station.

It was an absolutely nice experience staying at the HAPPY DRAGON COURTYARD, smiling staff, old Beijing style atmosphere! Will certainly go back there while travel Beijing next time!

• 16th May 2014
  • China

the location is good.close to the subway station.not many rooms here,the quiet yard is nice.its hot recently ,but most of the time they don’t open the air conditioner.and they don’t have mosquito dispeller.the most ridiculous is they divided chinese ppl and foreigners into different dorms……. the staffs are friendly ,Carrie is the reason i stay here,she is so nice.and 敏姐as well.

Beautiful hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. Totally recommended. Fair prices in the bar as well. I'm sure I will come back here, this is like family for me now

• 12th May 2014
  • Spain

Nice place and a convenient location. Very helpful staff, and nice courtyard. Didn't have any of the food parties that were advertised, but it was quiet when we were there. Toilets had a bit of a smell to them, but I guess that's Beijing.

• 7th May 2014

Beautiful traditional chinese style. The dorms are around a big courtyard with the bar and restaurant. The staff were very friendly. A bit hard to find though it is close to the subway station and is in walking distance to the hutong.