Happy Dragon Courtyard Reviews

No51,Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

I have stayed Happy Dragon Courtyard twice and have found everything about it fantastic from friendly staff to being extremly clean.

Dear friends Thank you for your good review,we hope you had a good time in China.See you next time at HDC.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location near the subway. Nice bar but lacking in social atmosphere while I was there. The menu was western food that was a bit pricey for what you get. Wifi wasn't good most of the time. I liked that my top bunk had a light, plug socket and a curtain, but the room was near the bathroom (which smelt bad). I could here everything going on in there, like people spitting in the toilet and using the showers and hairdryers in the early hours of the morning.

stayed there for two days. I chose the hostel mainly for its proximity to the airport express station. the facilities were clean, beds comfortable enough and the staff very friendly. the hostel is indeed very close to the metro station which makes the sightseeing and going out quite convenient. I joined the great wall tour organized by the hostel (several hostels, actually) and it turned out quite OK (basically, you pay for the charter bus and breakfast/dinner). overall good value for money.

Wonderful staff who were extremely helpful. Dumpling party was good fun & food in general was very good.

Dear friend, thank you for your nice review, hope you had a nice time at HDC. Best regards from all the staff.

You will feel very welcome into this hostel. It is located less than five minutes walk to a subway station which is great. The streets around the hostel are full of little inexpensive cafes for lunch and dinner. The hostel has a bar and cafe and it's a very welcoming space. We stayed in a dorm which was ok, it was too spacious but it did the job. We also stayed in a private room which was great value for money and very cosy. We took a four bed private and there was just three of us.

Thank you for staying our hostel ,we all love you . Best wishes to you . Look forward to seeing you next time.

Lovely staff, nice natmosphere, good value for money, and so great to be staying in a courtyard! for all budgets, shared room to very sweet luxury suite.

• 19th Apr 2015

The staff here are great, so friendly and really really helpful. They have little curtains round the beds or privacy which is really nice especially if you want to go to bed earlier than people in your dorm. It's also really close to the metro. The only let downs were that my bed didn't have a plug and light like the others and the plug near it didn't work, apart from that it was great.

Thank you for your suggestions ,we will solve this problem . And enjoy your trip and best wishes to you . Welcome you come back again.

Our second time to stay here - I cannot fault it. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and the location is excellent. Thank you, I will stay here again!

• 10th Apr 2015

Dear friend,thank you for your nice review, we hope you had a great time here and see you again.

very friendly staff, room was good

Dear friend, thank you for your nice review, hope see you again at here.

Everything was great. I always felt very safe to leave even important things such as my Laptop in my room. The other guests are really trustworthy and the staff as well. The Location was wonderful.. so near to the Zhangzizhonglu Station and from there you can reach nearly every place in Beijing easily. The staff were very friendly and the decorations nice to make for a very relaxed atmosphere. There even is a small cozy bar with a computer to use and games. The hostel is also completely clean.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Dear friend, thank you for your great review, hope can see you again at HDC. Best regards from all the staff.

Great hosts- especially Amanda! Great girl! Everything is excellent and you'll enjoy your stay!

Thank you for your nice review, hope see you again at here.

Happy Dragon is at great location, located in a very Beijing style Hutong (alley), right in the middle of homes and a elementary school, and it is also in the middle of the city, 2 mins walk to the subway station, there are tons of local restaurants and stores right outside of the alley, good, clean and cheap local foods, as well as a big fruit store. Staffs are helpful, provided us a map of subway, which is the best way to travel around the town. WiFi signal was not strong from the room.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great hostel. The heating in the dorm rooms is a bit strange. Always too hot on the top bunk, so top-bunkers turn off/down the heat and bottom-bunkers freeze. The bed mats are a bit flat and hard for what westerners are used to.

Great location, staff was very friendly also helped us booking difficult Chinese train tickets, nice atmosphere

• 6th Mar 2015

Dear friend,thank you for staying with us, hope can see you again here.

I felt very compfortable at the Happy Dragon Courtyard.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Dear friend,thank you for staying with us, hope can see you again here.

OK good things first: the beds in dorms very comfortable, excellent duvets and pillows, good size rooms. Nice café/bar area (but lacking atmosphere due to staff not being as friendly/ welcoming as in some other hostels - clearly just a job to some of them.) Amanda was great, very professional, very welcoming and willing to speak both Chinese and English. Bad things: No hot water for first 24 hours, bad internet (worse than normal for China), and the place had a 'workplace' feel to it, not home.

Dear friend,thank you for staying with us we are so sorry for the hot water when you arrive on the first day, hope we can improve it better and better, and hope see you again at HDC. Best regard from all the staff. By Amanda.

I stayed at happy dragon courtyard on 27th through 29th! There was no hot water on my first night but they fixed it next day( but it was still not hot enough) i think its a perfect place to stay in spring, summer and autumn. Staff was amazingly helpful and kind but a girl works at the bar wasnt friendly at all. If I come back to Beijing I would love to stay there again!

• 27th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Staff members are superb and helpful here! Amanda, the manager, gets stuff done here and speaks 好英语! The only downside is the wifi is horrible here at this hostel! I can't get any reception in my room and the common area is lagging with wifi since so many travelers stay there to get on and off wifi. They have a nice bar cafe and bathrooms are common (if not suite) and decent.

Stayed all week.Staff are great.Cute little hostel in a great location, on the same alley as a popular BBQ skewer restaurant and a great & cheap small bar. Only issue: in our private room there was a strange smell in the bathroom, so we had to light incense, but it didn't affect the rest of the room.In addition, the walls are quite dirty and need a scrub and the mattress cover needs cleaning.Otherwise very clean and comfy rooms.If out late, bring a mobile so you can call staff to let you in.

Lovely hostel, staff really friendly. Only serve western food in the bar/resturant which is a bit disappointing. It was really cold when I stayed but staff were happy to give me an extra blanket when I asked for it