Happy Dragon Courtyard Reviews

No51,Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

First of all, manythings that are promised under the hostel's information, such as free dumplings and etc... they are all spam. Secondly, I was given a room where the door would not get locked and the weather was freezing. I got cold because of this. I had to keep arguing until finally the admin decided to change my place and the new bed... the ele trical outlet was not working. Also, my ring is stolen whether someone took it or the staff took it. I do not recomend this place at all

Happy Dragon was my first hostel in Beijing by myself. But I loved it. It's safe and clean, the staff are very helpfull and the people staying there as well. I would have liked a comment room to relax with sofas, now it is a bar and it wasn't always open. I liked the locker system and was very thankful for the bed curtains, genius!

• 24th Jan 2016

great job! keep up the good work! but keep in mind some of the rooms smell funny because of the bathroom! you should try to fix that :)

Good hostel. Not the cleanest but nice staff and a good restaurant

Thanks for staying with us.We will pay more attention to the cleanliness.Thank you for the review.

We loved staying at the Happy Dragon! It was clean and convienently located to the metro. The staff was so nice and made such a difference. The staff was the best by far in China that I have stayed with. They were so helpful and went out of their way to help me. They made the trip so much more pleasant.

Thanks for your review,we are really happy you enjoy here.Looking forward to seeing you next time.

Found the hostel attracted a number of great guests and short term residents. Xiao Rui and Xiao Li were exceptional staff, both helpful and pleasant to talk with - they will be missed and I may have to return just to say hello! Would like to see the bar/Lobby open all day to make it easier to meet other travellers. Would also like bigger lockers in dorm. Central location made it easy to see sights. Recommend also visiting the Slow Boat microbrewery around the corner.

Thanks for your review and your suggestions,we will think about and change it.Looking forward to hearing you next time.

Fantastic stay. Staff went above and beyond! Very helpful and Great Wall tour cheap yet great!

• 5th Dec 2015

Thanks for your review.We will try our best to make our hostel a better place.Wish you a good trip and hope to see you next time.

ths hostel is really great! Providing everything you need during your stay in a new city, especially in a terrible winter in Beijing, at least you won't be feeling coldinside! Staff are nice to you. Pretty close to the metro for bus station, like 5 mins walk for both, and good hostel atmosphere because it's into a traditional Beijing style building! Highly recommend it!

• 30th Nov 2015
  • China

Thanks for your review and we are so happy you enjoy here.Looking forward to seeing you next time.

No major complaints. We stayed in a big bed pirvate ensuite. There was a slight unpleasant odour, probably from the sewer and the "big bed" had two mattresses drawn together which made it uncomfortable to sleep in the middle but in general Happy Dragon is good value for money and I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Thanks for your review,sorry for the uncomfortable,but the mattress was ok now and the housekeeping has check the sewer.Looking forward to seeing you next time.

We really liked the hostel and the staff were all very friendly with excellent English. The bathroom wasn't amazingly located as it was outdoors and in the freezing weather it was a bit chilly. Would have preferred if the door to the dorm locked and was maybe a keycard system.

stayed almost a week. would recommend the the tour for the kungfu show. they have better prices then door prices. enjoyed my stay here cause of the friendly staff around

Quite decent hostel.. good value for money and location..

The staff was really helpful and friendly, and they spoke English which is a real luxury in China where the majority of hôtel owners and staff don't even understand basic words of english to facilitate their foreign guests' life. The room was very clean and the place quiet. I would very much recommend this place.

• 11th Nov 2015

Being a regular visitor to Beijing, I have stayed in many hostels and hotels across the city over the past couple of years. Of the hostels I've stayed in, Happy Dragon Courtyard is the best yet. The location is great, the staff are super helpful, extremely clean, and it's great value. It's the little details that make this hostel better than others, for example, providing towels and slippers free of charge, and having shampoo and soup in the showers. Might seem small, but makes a difference.

Two showers and two toilets are very few for so many people and have been quite far from our room, especially after taking a shower.

• 22nd Oct 2015

I love this hostel and will be back again next time.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Thailand

There is 3 staffs. They seems very friendly. However one of them who usually attend in the hostel is not ready to help other and a little serious. 2 others are so good and kind. Good at the location and price. I will be back there for sure

Thanks for your advice for us.We will make it better and hope that we can help you better next time.Look forward to seeing you again.

Nice place, but I was not so thrill about the location: it is in an alley and you have to walk for a while to get to shops and the subway. Not too many choices for eating around. Dorm didn't have a window, so it was kind of smelly. Staff was nice. Bar is overpriced. WiFi was good.

I stayed here for one night. It's a standard dorm. Nothing really to rave about. The bathrooms could be cleaner and the facilities could use some updating and fixing up. It's an appropriate place to stay for one night.

• 17th Sep 2015

Thanks for your advice.We're sorry for making you feel uncomfortable.We will do our best to make it better. Best regards.

The neighbors were noisy. The aluminium locker was noisy as well. Whenever someone open the locker it makes a loud noise and everyone else woke up. The staff were really helpful. I passed the hostel at first because I was looking for the stone lions but they are just small ones. Look for the stone warriors instead.

Thank you for your review,we are so sorry bring you trouble on the locker.we will try to improve.we hope see you next time.