Happy Dragon Courtyard Reviews

No51,Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Great hosts- especially Amanda! Great girl! Everything is excellent and you'll enjoy your stay!

Thank you for your nice review, hope see you again at here.

Happy Dragon is at great location, located in a very Beijing style Hutong (alley), right in the middle of homes and a elementary school, and it is also in the middle of the city, 2 mins walk to the subway station, there are tons of local restaurants and stores right outside of the alley, good, clean and cheap local foods, as well as a big fruit store. Staffs are helpful, provided us a map of subway, which is the best way to travel around the town. WiFi signal was not strong from the room.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great location, staff was very friendly also helped us booking difficult Chinese train tickets, nice atmosphere

• 6th Mar 2015

Dear friend,thank you for staying with us, hope can see you again here.

I felt very compfortable at the Happy Dragon Courtyard.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Dear friend,thank you for staying with us, hope can see you again here.

OK good things first: the beds in dorms very comfortable, excellent duvets and pillows, good size rooms. Nice café/bar area (but lacking atmosphere due to staff not being as friendly/ welcoming as in some other hostels - clearly just a job to some of them.) Amanda was great, very professional, very welcoming and willing to speak both Chinese and English. Bad things: No hot water for first 24 hours, bad internet (worse than normal for China), and the place had a 'workplace' feel to it, not home.

Dear friend,thank you for staying with us we are so sorry for the hot water when you arrive on the first day, hope we can improve it better and better, and hope see you again at HDC. Best regard from all the staff. By Amanda.

I stayed at happy dragon courtyard on 27th through 29th! There was no hot water on my first night but they fixed it next day( but it was still not hot enough) i think its a perfect place to stay in spring, summer and autumn. Staff was amazingly helpful and kind but a girl works at the bar wasnt friendly at all. If I come back to Beijing I would love to stay there again!

• 27th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Staff members are superb and helpful here! Amanda, the manager, gets stuff done here and speaks 好英语! The only downside is the wifi is horrible here at this hostel! I can't get any reception in my room and the common area is lagging with wifi since so many travelers stay there to get on and off wifi. They have a nice bar cafe and bathrooms are common (if not suite) and decent.

Stayed all week.Staff are great.Cute little hostel in a great location, on the same alley as a popular BBQ skewer restaurant and a great & cheap small bar. Only issue: in our private room there was a strange smell in the bathroom, so we had to light incense, but it didn't affect the rest of the room.In addition, the walls are quite dirty and need a scrub and the mattress cover needs cleaning.Otherwise very clean and comfy rooms.If out late, bring a mobile so you can call staff to let you in.

Lovely hostel, staff really friendly. Only serve western food in the bar/resturant which is a bit disappointing. It was really cold when I stayed but staff were happy to give me an extra blanket when I asked for it

The facilities are good. Unfortunately, all the rooms and the bathrooms are situated around the courtyard. I went there in november and the weather was bad. The dorms were cold and the bathrooms were even worse. Taking a shower when the weather is 0 degree in the lavatories is not at all confortable. I would recommend this hostel only for summer time.

Great place to stay, everyone was very friendly and helpful!

• 5th Nov 2014

I loved this hostel, such a cool place. Staff were SO nice/friendly. The courtyard and bar area is so awesome, lots of character. Room was really cold though, but thankfully my bed was right under the heater! :) Bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the privacy curtain was great. Only bad thing about this hostel was the bathroom, showers smelled awful and moldy, and not enough toilets/showers. Good location. Free wifi in the bar but not in your room which was disappointing. Overall, would stay again!

Very good hostel, comfortable for company of 4 people, inside there is a cafe, but expensive. I like the atmosphere and style of hostel

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Russia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Close to metro, good and clean rooms and good restaurant

This is a cute little place. It is not as busy as other hostels even though they have a nice bar. The rooms a good but our bathroom was a little moldy. It seems as if they are renovating. Thus this might improve in the future. We also stayed at the neighboring dragon king hostel when we flew back from China which seems to be more busy if you are looking for a hostel bar. We liked the rooms here better, though.

The best part about this place was that in the center of the hostel was a wonderful bar and many places to sit down around and meet people. The subway was really close to the hostel so you can get everywhere and the price I felt was good especially during holiday.

• 3rd Oct 2014

What a great time! Staff were helpful and friendly, even at 4:30am! Breakfast was delicious and the Great Wall Tour was spectacular! And meeting fellow travelers was wonderful! Made many friends.

• 2nd Oct 2014