Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

Basic, functional hostel. The halls were grubby but the room was clean enough and warm. Walls are pretty thin, and wifi was really, sometimes impossibly slow in the evenings. I was using it as a staging point for a move, so having to haul suitcases full of books etc. up a flight of stairs to the second floor was a pain, but if you're a normal tourist that won't bother you, and the location is pretty decent (near two subway lines and many buses).

I thank all the staff for their hospitality this weekend. You are doing a great job and changed me from a regular at Sanlitun Youth Hostel to a Happy Dragon Hostel guest.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Friendly staff, always helpful! Near to the metro from where you can go anywhere in Beijing.

Great stay. I really enjoyed my time at Happy Dragon. Excellent, friendly staff. They speak good English and were very helpful if I had any questions. The hostel is right beside a subway station and centrally located, close to many of the main sights.

Having me move rooms in the middle of my stay was inconvenient. If you do that, you should offer a voucher for a free meal or drink at the restaurant. Also, another complaint: No free area to hang out in other than the restaurant. I don't want to spend a lot of money on food and drink. I just want a place to sit and talk to my friends!

the food in the restaurant is not good. You pay a lot for almost nothing

Visited this hostel in December 2014. Positive points: it's cheap, situated in the very center, bar coctails cost little money. The place is poor. The room has air condition but in didn't work correctly. The air was warm, not hot. So it was very cold in the room. The window was old and winter wind came to the room. We asked to make change to another room, but they told all rooms like this. Water heater is also not enough for 2 people. It was my first and last visit there!

We are so sorry about that,We just changed new heat and all rooms are very warm now.

I stayed here for a few nights in Beijing. Was a good place. Very clean - helpful staff - central location - will stay again

Great hostel with all expected facilities in hostels today. Very helpful staff and nice food (although all western) at the onsite bar/resteraunt. Good atmosphere even in the quiet tourist season. The place would benefit from a communal lounge area though!! A little out the way in a back street but easy enough to find from the metro station!

This hostel was amazing! It was worth every penny. They have amazing tours that they offer for a very reasonable price. I really enjoyed my time on the Great Wall, and am very thankful that Happy Dragon Hostel made it very memorable. It is a very clean hostel. I really liked the cafe and bar on site... I think was very offered at a reasonable rate.

Great staff, clean rooms (cleaned daily), great and convenient location

***FOR DIRECTIONS: when you get out of the subway (Exit B), you will see street. Use the bridge to cross it. Then you see an alleyway/small street ahead of you. Walk straight for a few blocks, you will see an alleyway to your right with a big sign on top of a building saying "HAPPY DRAGON". - Try using public transport to the Great Wall- it's much cheaper and quite easy to get to, and you won't be taken to jade and silk shops like all the other tours. - Hostel was good

Staff excellent, rooms really cleans and good location. Value for money.....excellent. I will really recommend From Spain

Third time staying here. All new staff now but still the same old services. Not as many travellers this time of the year but all is well as of now)!

Everything is wonderful.

Nice hostel - the staff can book lots of tours for you and are great when you need help navigating giant Beijing. The hostel is fairly easy to reach by public transport despite being quite hidden away. There's a lively market just outside the front door every morning.

We had a small problem with our reservation when we arrived, but the hostel staff were so incredibly helpful, friendly and polite in rectifying the situation. I was impressed with their dedication to ensure our happiness! The hostel was a little difficult to find, but very close to the station and in a central location. The beds were comfortable and the bar had our basic needs. The Great Wall tour organized by the hostel is well worth the money! Overall, we enjoyed ourselves here

• 31st Oct 2014

the internet was very slow, but the staff was very kind and warm. When I was there, it feels like I'm being at home. The staff was very helpful and the english was very good

The staff was fabulous,especially Jennifer. The morning market outside the door was a real treat. We left a few days early & they were very accommodating. We also got the Great Wall tour thru them.

Couldn't be more happy with our stay here. Great location, close to the subway which easily gets you to wanted locations and top sights. It's really easy to walk to every sight too, we actually only took the subway once for the summer palace, but to every other single sight we walked. We even got upgraded to a private double bed room instead of our dorm that we booked, no extra charge. Good helpful staff that always had a smile on their faces, eager to be at your service. Great value!

« first « Prev 1 2 3