Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

Great place. The staff was really nice and helpful. I felt the place was as clean as it could be. Although some of the facilities looked a little old or worn down, they were clean and we did not see any bugs anywhere. Each morning, there is a vegatable market right outside which gives a real sense of what China is like. I would definitely stay there again. It is a little dark and although the writing on the walls may be fun for those who write, it takes away from the clean look.

The Hostel is located close to the forbidden city, the nanluogoxiang bar area and not far from Sanlitun (Bars) either.The staff is very helpful - when ever you have got a problem, you can count on them. Calling the reception from a taxi when you are lost i.e. :-) Thank you guys'n lasses for the nice stay!

Very kind staff who are helpful and welcoming. about a 7 minute walk to the nearest subway station. Clean room. A bit noisy but only because of construction going on across the street. Overall, great hostel!

We booked a private room with toilet & shower. The bathroom smelled like sewer, ie, very bad. Each day we advised staff, and bathroom was sprayed. Smell continued each late afternoon and evening. We stayed 5 nights. Avoid room 8106, last room on right side, after turning left from reception. Location, his hostel is excellent. There is a neat fruit and veggie market outside each day. The lack of a common kitchen was disappointing. Every other hostel I stayed at has a common kitchen.

To be called a hostel, there needs to be a common kitchen, not just an over-priced cafeteria. Also, tours need to be competitively priced, not 100+ yuan more than local competitors. Location and price wise, his hostel is pretty good. It should be renamed to "guest house", as hostel is deceptive.

Nice and super clean hostel! I came with my mother and we were both happy about our stay! The staff came to pick us up at the train station for free! We booked the tour for the mutianyu Great Wall with the hostel. By day the localization is ideal but by night it can get really tricky to get back, especially by taxi!

Nice location, but felt a little damp and dark at times (the fan in the bathroom didn't work great). They had a bar, but no one seemed to ever hang out in it but us. Staff tried to be helpful, but were not always (eg. the hostel receptionist told us we should spend at least 3 or 4 days in Datong when we told her were we going there for 2. We then asked what we should do during those 4 days and what we should see to which she responded "I have no idea. I have never been." Great Wall tour was good

Good location, got everywhere we wanted to go really easily on the subway. The staff were really helpful too

I got my parcel(glasses) yesterday Thanks a million :> !

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Good: quite close to a subway, but the neighborhood is really run-down. Negative: Mattress was about 1.5cm thick, almost like sleeping on a wooden board, my bed was right in front of the heater outlet, so I would be barbequed at night, unless I switched off the heating and we would all freeze. Bathroom ok, not dirty but also not really clean. And the place seems to have been a hotel, when I enter my dorm room, I have to put my keycard into the reader for electricity (doesnt work in a dorm!!)

Staff Sally was very friendly and helpful!

It's an good good good little hostel in Beijing, I recommend It. Thanks all the staff.

The people working at the cafe/bar was really nice. The private room was on the small side. But there was wifi in the room, very slow wifi. They told me it was an 30 min walk from Tiananmen square but more like one hour. There is a morning market right outside that sells fruits and breakfast stuff that is cheap. It is a few train stops away from most of the famous sights in Beijing. It was hard to get a taxi due to the address being a small street, so if you take a taxi, find the major roads.

Staff was the reason we liked it so much. They were so helpful. We did Great Wall tour and Acrobatic Show through them. I especially liked meeting other travelers on the tours. Room was fine. We were not expecting more than that. Lee's Cafe food and staff were also nice. It was pretty quiet during our stay Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I also appreciate their honesty about what tours might be better or what we could do on our own. I was with my two daughters ages 14

Happy Dragon Hostel is a nice hostel. You have everything you need, and the staff will help you with whatever issues you have. It's 5mins walk away from the metro. Rooms are clean. There is a bar, where you can have a drink in the evening (but it's not open too long). Also you have computers if you want to use internet. Wifi is available as well. I would recommend this hostel.

We had a great time in China and that was mostly because of this hostel. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location of the hostel is extremely convenient to the major sights in Beijing. The cafe/bar was a great place to hangout and meet new people while also being a decent place to eat. The food was good and decently priced. The tours offered were good and well worth the time. We will definately suggest this hostel to anyone visiting Beijing.

• 4th Jan 2014

So friendly...

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Belgium

Loved it! One of the best hostels I've stayed at. It's located down a fascinating hutong full of friendly vendors. The staff are great, it's cosy and there's a good café at the hostel. Internet is slow but it seems to be generally in China. I already miss the place and am definitely returning next year!

• 2nd Jan 2014

This is a fantastic hostel with a great atmosphere. the staff is superb, friendly and very helpfull. I highly recommend to all to stay here. This hostel has everything you need for a pleasant stay. It is ideally situated in the centre of beijing, very close to all shopping, restaurants and very close to the subway station. Computers and internet on site. Restaurant is very good and offers a wide selection. I could definitely stay here again!

I have stayed at Happy Dragon many times in the past few years and every time I'm blown away by how awesome it is. only about a 10-15 minute walk to the famous Wangfujing street and the nearest subway is only 5 minutes away. There is an awesome morning market just a few hundred meters away so if you get up early you can watch the hustle and bustle of a packed Chinese market and eat local street delicacies. I always love staying at Happy Dragon, such a great place! Staff are really awesome too!!!

• 26th Dec 2013