• 29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

7.5
Very Good 2,040 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 2,040 Total Reviews
Happy Dragon Hostel Located at 29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., , Beijing.
China
Beijing 100010 29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District.
75% 2040
39.9263045 116.4134073
    Rooms available

15th Sep 2016
4.9

I reserved a room here for 4 nights and ended up just staying 1. Staff were completely indifferent and unhelpful. The single room was a closet- the bed was from wall to wall and there was hardly space to move. Although I had booked in advance, been in contact with staff, and listed my partner in reservation, no one let me know the single was not fit for 2 people (barely fit for 1!) until we arrived. Room had no windows to the outside making it seem even smaller. Internet terrible.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

A good hostel and base to see Beijing from. Not the easiest place meet people as the bar isn't especially full usually. Having said that in the evenings a few people do sometimes seem to have a few beers there. (I met a crowd on my second night).

29th Aug 2016
6.3

Adequate hostel near centre of the city.

21st Aug 2016

Already the 4th time staying here. Things are still the same but I don't recommend staying here in the summer because it's VERY VERY MUGGY AND HOT, like a sauna without A/C. Everything else is good though.

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016
6.3

Would not stay again. It's next to a building site. They gave away our rooms so we had to downgrade to a 5 bed dorm as everywhere else was booked up. The bunks were really hard, but there was one proper bed in the room for the same price. For the first couple of nights I was under the aircon so was freezing and it dripped on my face during the night. Also there isn't a bar like it shows in the photos. The staff often ignore you or don't help, and the food is usually cold and not very good.

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Jul 2016
4.9

Left after one night. Very very thin mattress, basically 2cm of Foam on wood. Ac dripped on my pillow all night. Holes in the sheets and the bathroom was filthy. Got a full refund and free breakfast which was delicious. Staff were lovely. Directions to the hostel are terrible, Google map it first and ignore the instructions.

Dear friend,thnaks for staying in our hostel.we are so sorry about that and we have already changed new mattress,we will try our best to improve quality of everything here and hope to see you next time.

• Israel, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016
4.3

Staff is NOT nice. I do NOT recommend it. Stay some place else!!!!

• LucaStorms
  • Belgium, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016
7.7

I stayed here for three weeks while working in Beijing. I had a pleasant stay because of the nice staff and the low prices. The location was very convenient because Dongsi metro station was only four minutes away. Sadly the neighbourghood needs some fixing, but during my stay people were working on it so in a few months, it will be a more pleasant neighbbourhood. Over all I thought it was a lovely hostel with nice staff and convenient location.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2016

Room and facilities were fine. Staff speak reasonable English. Directions to hostel need updating as there are construction works going on at the hotel through which you walk to get to the alley behind it where the hostel is. A convenience store right beside the hostel was good. Food served at the hostel also fair for the price - the Asian food is much nicer and cheaper than the western meal attempts. Curtains around bunks a great feature.

5th Jul 2016

Overall very good. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with organising stuff. The only thing that let it down was the internet connection unfortunately. It kept dropping out and wouldn't connect at all sometimes.