Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

1901 Total Reviews

Friendly staff. The guy working at the bar was really friendly and helpful. Good use of English language skills. Pleasant stay overall.

Happy Dragon Hostel was an excellent choice for our stay in Beijing. The staff was friendly and spoke very good English. They always greeted us with a smile and were helpful with our questions. Booking tours through them was very easy and their recommendations were spot-on. They had: computers for wifi use, laundry service, a cafe with breakfast options. Location was fantastic as well, in the heart of the city, within walking distance of sights, with winding hutong alleys only footsteps away.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staff both working on reception and in the bar. Kindly wrote down my symptoms in chinese so I could get some medicine from the pharmacy. Only slight problem was the aircon was leaking onto one of the beds so we had to move it, but aside from that, no problems. Staff 100%

The WIFI was slightly poor, mainly in peak hours. The air-conditioning doesn't work perfectly, and leak on the below bad.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dear guest Thank you for your review ,we will solve the problem of wifi as soon as possible and the matter of the air-conditioning has been fixed .

Everything went well during our stay at Happy Dragon Hostel. Clean, nice staff, nice room, good location.

Very nice hostel; my second stay here. Friendly and helpful staff and excellent location.

Dear guest Thanks for your good review. Look forward to see you next time~

Staff came in annanounced at all times of day and night, even turning on the lights while everybody is sleeping. no privacy at all in the dorm. Front staff worker tore apart a page of my passport and could barely apologize for it. No kitchen, no fridge and nowhere to eat your own food. You have to eat out or eat the overpriced food at the bar.

• 12th Jul 2015

Could have better directions to hostel from subway station, was a little confusing.

Very helpful and friendly staff, the major selling point of this hotel. In addition, location is close to subway and makes getting to anywhere in Beijing convenient because of it's central placement. There isn't as much space in general as a hostel, but it's sufficient to feel comfortable.

This Hostel is great! I had a very good time and the people working there are super nice. I personally want give special thanks to Holly at the front desk who was always very nice and helpful to me. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others!!

Dear guest Thanks for your good review. Look forward to see you next time~

Staying directly in the Hutongs is the best way to discover the "heart" of Beijing! And this hostel is right in there. Great place to stay - it has a very good vibe.

Dear friends Thanks for your good review, Look forward to see you next time~

All in all the hostel was alright but definitely not as good as good as the reviews are. It's kind of a bold move to charge more for a double bed, which is more like two twin beds moved together. Especially if you can't lie on the middle of the bed, due to a metal bar in the middle of the "double bed". At the moment the hostel lies right next to a huge construction site, however, the location is quite close to the Forbidden City. All in all I was quite disappointed.

• 8th Jul 2015

Dear guest We are so sorry we didn't make you satisfied.We will continue to work hard to improve our service.

ok hostel, cheap, good location (initially hard to find), could do with a bit more atmosphere, the tour the hostel do the great wall is good!

Dear friends Thanks for your good advice,We will continue to work hard to improve our work.

I loved my night here. I booked a single room, but then the hostel upgraded me to a double because the guests before me had not checked out yet. In this double, there was shampoo and conditioner already provided. There was also a hot water boiler, along with cups for your hot water and to brush your teeth. There was also AC in the room (no windows). For some odd reason, the Wi-Fi did not work on my phone. They do have internet computers for free. Early morning, there are local vendors!

Great staff. Helpful and friendly. A lot of cool people hanging out at the hostel. A lot of tours to choose between, I went on the Mutianyu Great Wall tour and it was an amazing (but hot) experience.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Dear guest Thanks for your good review, Look forward to see you next time~

The room was pretty good, a little bit small but comfortable. Good atmosphere also. I didn't feel secure in the place where the hostel was located but security inside the hostel was good. The staff were very kind and helped me with every doubt I had no matter if there was stupid or not.

Very good location. Great hospitality. Good food. Two computers with internet. Convenient facilities in the room. However, Chinese rules in which people do everything in one room. If we wanted to eat our own food we were indicated to do it in our room.

Happy Dragon was the best hostel experience I've ever had!! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hostel itself was incredibly close to the Metro and it was right in the center of everything. Not the cleanest place ever, but I definitely felt incredibly safe and happy my stay in Beijing. I 100% recommend Happy Dragon. :)

• 1st Jul 2015

Dear frineds Thanks for your good review, we will continue to work hard. Look forward to see you nwxt time~

Happy Dragon Hostel was a nice hostel to stay. I was there with 5 friends, during 6 nights. We had 3 rooms, with 2 beds in each room. The staff is very kind and helpful. I had to print something and I could use the printer and computer from the reception. The organized tour to the Great Wall is a recommendation. The location of the hostel is good, in a typical Hutong. Near the perfectly working Beijing subway, and with small markets for fruit and clothes a couple of days a week in the street

• 29th Jun 2015

Dear guest Thank you for your recognition, we will continue to work hard. Look forward to see you next time~

Great value for a great stay. Very clean facilities and respectful, courteous staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4