Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

2009 Total Reviews

It was a short stay but the staff was very helpful, booking a tour to the great wall and train tickets for the day after ! We definitely recommend this place.

I like it! Very clean!

• 31st Jan 2016
  • China

Thanks for your review. We will try to do better. Look forward to see you next time! Finally, Happy new year~

Decent hostel, but not the best facilities, nor location. My stay was pleasant, but compared to cheaper hostels in Xi'An and Chengdu the facilities were nowhere near as good. It was close to a subway station which is good, but otherwise not close to much else. It's 35 min walk from forbidden city.

Very good hostel with a helpful staff. The location is great! The room was clean, the bar downstairs is a good choice for spending an evening. Def recommend!

Thanks for your good review, we will try to do better. Look forward to see you next time~ Happy new year~

Good but my room heater didnt work

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Honduras

The room was a little too cold in the winter.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that let you didn't have warm time in our hostel, but this year, our hostel will be renovated and changed new air condition. Look forward to see you again! Happy new year~

Great stuff. Very helpful!

Thanks for your good review,we will try do better. Look forward to see you again.

Got there in the night. . .i couldnt find it at first - you need to go inside the street to see it. I woke up the guy in the middle of the night and he kindly checked me in. Beds are very clean and comfy. Toilets are not so good but it is ok for one night. On average I liked it.

The location is grand, 30min from Tiannamin Square walking and 2mins from Dongsi Metro so you can get anywhere from here. There are some great places to eat in the neighbourhood with drinks not far off. The hostel is a little hard to find if arriving late at night which I did but really easy once you have got there. Beijing is a really welcoming and safe city to wander through anytime and plenty to do. Avoid the old teahouse/practice my English scams around Tiannamin Square and good times.

Thanks for your review. Our hostel is located in the alley of Beijing and there is a little hard, so that we uploaded a picture on the website to tell people how to get to the hostel from the subway, we hope help all guest, or all guest can call our reception any time. Look forward to see you next time! Happy new year~

we ended up staying here for a week and overall very happy with everything, rooms are clean and staff are friendly. we where their in one of the coldest times and smogest in history, so their wasnt a lot of people staying thier. just a warning to everyone, if you book here you need to know how to get around and how to get back to your hostel, this is one of the biggest cities in the world and am not joking, no one speaks english, no one. the hostel itself is way down a ally and is hard to find.

Thanks for your review. Beijing is located in the north of China, so it is very cold in winter,and when you stay in our hostel,it is the coldest time in Beijing. But we are really sorry that let you did not have a warm time in our hotel, but this year we will be renovated and changed with new air condition. Look forward to see you next time! Happy new year~

Had a private room and it was a very good hostel. Only complaints were the construction site next door which was noisy and the shower/toilet, where after a shower the bathroom was flooded. It's super close to the metro line and a good station that makes getting anywhere in Beijing easy.

Dear friends Thanks for your review and hearty advice. We feel very sorry for the noise caused by the construction site next door and we will try to do better. Look forward to see you next time~

Great location and very lovely helpful staff. Thanks for organising the trip to the Great Wall which was excellent.

Thanks for your review. We will try to do better. Look forward to see you next time.

All of the staff were great, particularly Kenny who helped us a lot and Mai who helped organise our train tickets. 15rmb per kg of washing and dried outside - cheap for Beijing but weather was bad so didn't do it. Bar sells variety of food which is handy and has happy hour. Tip - make sure you use exit e and dongsi as definitely more convenient. Also around the corner from the hostel on meishuguan east street there are several restaurants and a convenience store. Clean linen and towel.

The Staff were all very helpful and extremely nice. The whole stay was pretty seamless. I used my Chinese, which isn't so good, but the staff seemed to understand everything, but when I had real problems I used English, they all were pretty good at that.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks for your review,we will try our best to make every guest feel comfortable living here,and hope to see you next time.

I had a very good time at the hostel and the staffs are too good. Hope to get back to the same hostel when i come next time.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel is great. Staffs are very good. Dislike: Wifi is unstable, and the noise disturb from outside the room. Anyway, I love to stay here.

It's right next to a big noisy building site. The rooms were so cold and damp it was impossible to rest. I had all my clothes on and was under the quilt..but still cold. The bathroom had black mold growing on the walls&ceiling. And the staff was not helpful. And we bought spagetti dinner at the bar, and it was small and not even properly warm. Was supposed to have three nights..left after only one. Also they gave another guest a second key to my locker! So he opened up and found all my valuables

It's surrounded by construction and has been for the last few years but it's still nice and the staff are very friendly. It's a bit run-down but in a quirky way.

Once again thanks so much for all the help concerning my lost debit card, it was just perfect!

was a good place. close to metro which is amazing here.. so had no problem seeing everything i wanted to see..

« first « Prev 1 2 3