Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

Third time staying here. All new staff now but still the same old services. Not as many travellers this time of the year but all is well as of now)!

Everything is wonderful.

We had a small problem with our reservation when we arrived, but the hostel staff were so incredibly helpful, friendly and polite in rectifying the situation. I was impressed with their dedication to ensure our happiness! The hostel was a little difficult to find, but very close to the station and in a central location. The beds were comfortable and the bar had our basic needs. The Great Wall tour organized by the hostel is well worth the money! Overall, we enjoyed ourselves here

• 31st Oct 2014

the internet was very slow, but the staff was very kind and warm. When I was there, it feels like I'm being at home. The staff was very helpful and the english was very good

The staff was fabulous,especially Jennifer. The morning market outside the door was a real treat. We left a few days early & they were very accommodating. We also got the Great Wall tour thru them.

Couldn't be more happy with our stay here. Great location, close to the subway which easily gets you to wanted locations and top sights. It's really easy to walk to every sight too, we actually only took the subway once for the summer palace, but to every other single sight we walked. We even got upgraded to a private double bed room instead of our dorm that we booked, no extra charge. Good helpful staff that always had a smile on their faces, eager to be at your service. Great value!

While I've stayed in hostels with better facilities, the staff at this place made the trip. With China Southern Airline losing my luggage, several staff members took time to speak to customer support on my behalf, negotiate for me, and we're extremely helpful. Even the staff at their sister hostels were willing to help when I showed up to visit friends. For these staff, I'd happily return!

• 22nd Oct 2014

Had a really great time. The staff was really helpful and nice and I loved the location. terrible loud music playing most of the day, that was the only thing wrong. Be sure to eat the serve yourself noodles around the corner!

Very nice people in Hostel ;-))) Every day with smile ;-)) Cheers from Poland Karol Czok

I spent more then a week in Sigle Private room. The room was very clean and everyday a woman came to clean it. The staff if helpfull and speak good English! The location is really great, it took only 15 min to Wangjujing, metro station is right near the hostel and there are a lot of cafes with local cuisine which is absolutely great! The only disadvantage was that it was rather noisy in corridor and there was not any window in my room..But in spite of these, I would stay here again!

excellent staff but rooms have no character. location is not really in a hutong as advertised.

A good staying, the staff very kind and helpful. Not noisy, good location if you find it the first time. Room and bathroom clean. Good wifi.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

The Staff here are amazing!!! The location is a little noisy in the morning. There is an outdoor market right next to the hostel so it gets a little noisy in the morning, but the market is a fun place to walk around.

The staff are excellent here. They were very friendly and willing to answer questions, provide advice and help book tours. There was some black mould in my 5-bed, mixed dorm room, right in the corner above my bed. My bed was the fifth bed, tucked away in a corner, but it had no privacy curtain and no locker. However, the staff offered to keep my valuables at the front desk since I didn't have a locker.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Location is superb, many restaurants closeby, metro station Dongsi is very close and from there you can get to all the important sights of Beijing quickly. We took the 4 persons private dorm, which was very nice. I wouldn't have liked to share that room with strangers though because it's quite small. We were a group of friends so that was no problem. The hostel staff is friendly and can speak English fairly well. They also offer day trips to the great wall (eg Mutianyu). It was fantastic!!

• 1st Oct 2014

Good location near the subway station, staff was very helpful, English spoken here.4-bed-dorm is good,you can make friends .Great hostel,worth the money,i will come again.

The staff was very helpful in regards of where to go and how to get there. I wished they had a common room or a place you could eat outside food because I like street food and wanted to enjoy it while sitting down.

Incredibly helpful staff! English spoken here! Dorms with curtains for each individual bed. Very private! Great bar/restaurant area (good food and coffee) Rooms equipped with hair dryer, towels, shampoo, soap Staff booked me plane tickets at a great price. They do it all

This is a really good place it has everything, there's a ATM close and the subway station is really close, thats really important in beijing!!! All the people there were really nice specially David and Ivy, they were super nice I really recomend these place because they help with the beijing livestyle and tell what to visit, they Also have trips to the great wallpaper and other places wich is really convenient, such a nice place!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Costa Rica

Excellent hostel. Great location and the staff were very helpful

• 31st Aug 2014