Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

excellent staff but rooms have no character. location is not really in a hutong as advertised.

The Staff here are amazing!!! The location is a little noisy in the morning. There is an outdoor market right next to the hostel so it gets a little noisy in the morning, but the market is a fun place to walk around.

The staff are excellent here. They were very friendly and willing to answer questions, provide advice and help book tours. There was some black mould in my 5-bed, mixed dorm room, right in the corner above my bed. My bed was the fifth bed, tucked away in a corner, but it had no privacy curtain and no locker. However, the staff offered to keep my valuables at the front desk since I didn't have a locker.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Location is superb, many restaurants closeby, metro station Dongsi is very close and from there you can get to all the important sights of Beijing quickly. We took the 4 persons private dorm, which was very nice. I wouldn't have liked to share that room with strangers though because it's quite small. We were a group of friends so that was no problem. The hostel staff is friendly and can speak English fairly well. They also offer day trips to the great wall (eg Mutianyu). It was fantastic!!

• 1st Oct 2014

Good location near the subway station, staff was very helpful, English spoken here.4-bed-dorm is good,you can make friends .Great hostel,worth the money,i will come again.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • China

The staff was very helpful in regards of where to go and how to get there. I wished they had a common room or a place you could eat outside food because I like street food and wanted to enjoy it while sitting down.

Incredibly helpful staff! English spoken here! Dorms with curtains for each individual bed. Very private! Great bar/restaurant area (good food and coffee) Rooms equipped with hair dryer, towels, shampoo, soap Staff booked me plane tickets at a great price. They do it all

This is a really good place it has everything, there's a ATM close and the subway station is really close, thats really important in beijing!!! All the people there were really nice specially David and Ivy, they were super nice I really recomend these place because they help with the beijing livestyle and tell what to visit, they Also have trips to the great wallpaper and other places wich is really convenient, such a nice place!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Costa Rica

Excellent hostel. Great location and the staff were very helpful

• 31st Aug 2014

pros: good location near the subway station, helpful staff, nice and clean facilities, one of the best beds I had in China. Cons: there's no real common room, so apart from the people in my dorm, it was hard to mingle. THERE IS NO DUMPLING PARTY!!! There are no direction given when you book it. Search it on Google maps. Overall very nice place. I had a great time.

Staff were great and hostel close to metro station. We met some really nice people in our dorm but not much going on in the hostel itself. There are no free dumpling parties like advertised :( I asked and was told only sometimes, but the staff had their Own hotpot party the following night!! but don't be lured by the free dumplings. Bathrooms not the best - just a shower over the toilet, and can get smelly. There's also a big construction site right opposite the alleyway which was noisy

I highly recommend the Happy Dragon; the Hostel is very close from the Dongsi station, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean and the bed are very comfortable and there is plenty of good restaurant nearby. I will definitely come back.

• 18th Aug 2014

Happy dragon really was a happy place to stay in! I loved the location, and both the stuff and other people staying there. I would definitelly recoment the great wall trip which you can book directly a the hostel. The dorm room was nice - simple, but for a chinese standards very clean!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

Good place. Clean and calm. Very nice staff.

Second stay and would recommend to any travellers going to Beijing!

Staff were super helpful, they went out of their way to help us plan our own trip to the GreatWall, restaurant was great though a bit pricey. They let us store our luggage for free for the night we went to the wall. Dorm8106 had a super smelly bathroom! There is serious problem with the drainage that needs fixing... We were the only people in the five person dorm which was awesome, but i reckon it would bea pretty tight fit if there were five in there...

It's all about your money...

The Happy Dragon Hostel is a good Hostel with average prices compared to other hostels in Beijing. It's a short way (~5min) to the next subway station so you can get around in Beijing quite fast, even if the Happy dragon is not located right in the city centre. What makes it special is the awesome staff working there. They really do everything to make you feel comfortable and help ypu out in every concern. The only negative thing I can think of was, that my room had no windows.

A really good little hostel, great little bar although it us a bit expensive (double the price for a Tsingtao than in other Beijing hostels!).

Less than a 10 minute walk to the Dongsi Subway station which made it really convenient. Also, there are many little restaurants in the Longfu Temple complex but if you walk out to the main street of Dongsi then many places to eat. Also, staff was very friendly, always willing to help with any questions about the hostel or just about Beijing. I also did two tours from the hostel (Great Wall - Mutianyu and Kungfu show) and I greatly enjoyed both tours.