Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

Happy dragon really was a happy place to stay in! I loved the location, and both the stuff and other people staying there. I would definitelly recoment the great wall trip which you can book directly a the hostel. The dorm room was nice - simple, but for a chinese standards very clean!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

Staff were super helpful, they went out of their way to help us plan our own trip to the GreatWall, restaurant was great though a bit pricey. They let us store our luggage for free for the night we went to the wall. Dorm8106 had a super smelly bathroom! There is serious problem with the drainage that needs fixing... We were the only people in the five person dorm which was awesome, but i reckon it would bea pretty tight fit if there were five in there...

It's all about your money...

A really good little hostel, great little bar although it us a bit expensive (double the price for a Tsingtao than in other Beijing hostels!).

Less than a 10 minute walk to the Dongsi Subway station which made it really convenient. Also, there are many little restaurants in the Longfu Temple complex but if you walk out to the main street of Dongsi then many places to eat. Also, staff was very friendly, always willing to help with any questions about the hostel or just about Beijing. I also did two tours from the hostel (Great Wall - Mutianyu and Kungfu show) and I greatly enjoyed both tours.

Very helpful and friendly staff - no matter what time it was ♥ Clean room/ facilities and good laundry service. Unfortunately there is no room where you can eat your own food...

• 1st Jul 2014

Good place with very helpful and friendly staff - even at 4 am when going to the airport:-) I missed a more relaxed common area, but I will still recommend to stay here. ...and in the morning the marked outside is great!

Strongly recommended

great location and price. staff were really friendly and spoke very good english. also, we had a chance to meet other foreigners who stayed here. I had a great time and fully recommend this hostel.

This is a great hostel, definitely worth the money! The staff are fantastic, very helpful and made sightseeing a lot easier as they offer different tours and all you have to do is rock up! I'm very happy with my experience here and compared to other hostels I would say this one would have to be my favourite. Always clean, great atmosphere and perfectly located near a train station, the markets, shops and restaurants all within minimal walking distance.

• 26th Jun 2014

Looks like pictures and is down a tiny side street. Subway station, shopping, restaurants are all within a 10 minute walk. Stayed in a triple room that was very basic. Rooms are smaller than they look in the pictures and are more run down. We left a/c on and it dripped constantly. Sounded like a jack hammer when on the high setting. Bathroom has no separate shower. It was very cramped and gross. Staff Sally was amazing. There is no free dumpling party or food as mentioned on hostelworld.

The staff was very friendly. My friend and I were super thankful to the woman who actually came out and found us when we were lost. The rooms were nice and good water pressure in the shower. The location was great, very close to the subway and in the center of the city.

A good hostel with friendly staff and a nice bar. Room was fine. A lot of construction going on in the area, but that's pretty much the same everywhere in Beijing.

The staff was extremely helpful and spoke English well. Additionally, there were a lot of services (like laundry and bike rentals) that were available to people and were the best prices I've seen in Beijing. The hostel was a little hard to find, but it was near a subway stop, so all of Beijing was within reach. I wish there were more of a common area, but the the cafe was a comfortable place to hang out. Additionally, and probably most importantly, the room was clean. Small, but clean.

It was a really nice stay and the bar downstairs is offering delicious international dishes :) The trip to the great wall was also organized from the hostel and will take place everyday ;)

Staff are friendly and helpful, give us advice how to transfer to the airport.

• 11th May 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 41+

We booked a double bed but had 2 singles pushed together. There was a one inch height difference between the beds so it was SO uncomfortable. No common area to meet other travellers, just a bar. Overall pretty average. It was pretty difficult to find and I noticed other travellers complaining of the same.

Great place to stay in Beijing, clean, good value for money, nice staff, and you can always meet there someone to talk to

I had a pretty good time staying here and the staff were friendly.

I had a really great stay at Happy Dragon Hostel. Good location but mostly a very friendly staff always here to help you out. They kindly booked a train ticket for me and also provided me with a lot of useful infos. A very good address :)