Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

The hostel is located quite close to a metro station (Dongsi), which is nice. The bar in the hostel is good and well-priced. The biggest downside is the "double" bed we had was two VERY UNCOMFORTABLE beds pushed together, with a big wood bar down the centre. I did not get a good night's sleep while here. Also, at the time I stayed there (04/2014), there was construction going on in the building across the alley starting at 4AM. Not their fault but worth considering as it also made sleep hard.

Great staff, comfortable room. Trip to the Great wall was well organized. Sorry we were not allowed to bring our own food or drink into the restaurant as this was the only common area and the restaurant prices were average for hostels but expensive compared to small restaurants or street stalls.

Great place. The staff was really nice and helpful. I felt the place was as clean as it could be. Although some of the facilities looked a little old or worn down, they were clean and we did not see any bugs anywhere. Each morning, there is a vegatable market right outside which gives a real sense of what China is like. I would definitely stay there again. It is a little dark and although the writing on the walls may be fun for those who write, it takes away from the clean look.

The Hostel is located close to the forbidden city, the nanluogoxiang bar area and not far from Sanlitun (Bars) either.The staff is very helpful - when ever you have got a problem, you can count on them. Calling the reception from a taxi when you are lost i.e. :-) Thank you guys'n lasses for the nice stay!

Very kind staff who are helpful and welcoming. about a 7 minute walk to the nearest subway station. Clean room. A bit noisy but only because of construction going on across the street. Overall, great hostel!

We booked a private room with toilet & shower. The bathroom smelled like sewer, ie, very bad. Each day we advised staff, and bathroom was sprayed. Smell continued each late afternoon and evening. We stayed 5 nights. Avoid room 8106, last room on right side, after turning left from reception. Location, his hostel is excellent. There is a neat fruit and veggie market outside each day. The lack of a common kitchen was disappointing. Every other hostel I stayed at has a common kitchen.

To be called a hostel, there needs to be a common kitchen, not just an over-priced cafeteria. Also, tours need to be competitively priced, not 100+ yuan more than local competitors. Location and price wise, his hostel is pretty good. It should be renamed to "guest house", as hostel is deceptive.

Nice and super clean hostel! I came with my mother and we were both happy about our stay! The staff came to pick us up at the train station for free! We booked the tour for the mutianyu Great Wall with the hostel. By day the localization is ideal but by night it can get really tricky to get back, especially by taxi!

Nice location, but felt a little damp and dark at times (the fan in the bathroom didn't work great). They had a bar, but no one seemed to ever hang out in it but us. Staff tried to be helpful, but were not always (eg. the hostel receptionist told us we should spend at least 3 or 4 days in Datong when we told her were we going there for 2. We then asked what we should do during those 4 days and what we should see to which she responded "I have no idea. I have never been." Great Wall tour was good

Good location, got everywhere we wanted to go really easily on the subway. The staff were really helpful too

I got my parcel(glasses) yesterday Thanks a million :> !

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Good: quite close to a subway, but the neighborhood is really run-down. Negative: Mattress was about 1.5cm thick, almost like sleeping on a wooden board, my bed was right in front of the heater outlet, so I would be barbequed at night, unless I switched off the heating and we would all freeze. Bathroom ok, not dirty but also not really clean. And the place seems to have been a hotel, when I enter my dorm room, I have to put my keycard into the reader for electricity (doesnt work in a dorm!!)

Staff Sally was very friendly and helpful!

1 2 Next » last »