Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

1922 Total Reviews

ok hostel, cheap, good location (initially hard to find), could do with a bit more atmosphere, the tour the hostel do the great wall is good!

Dear friends Thanks for your good advice,We will continue to work hard to improve our work.

I loved my night here. I booked a single room, but then the hostel upgraded me to a double because the guests before me had not checked out yet. In this double, there was shampoo and conditioner already provided. There was also a hot water boiler, along with cups for your hot water and to brush your teeth. There was also AC in the room (no windows). For some odd reason, the Wi-Fi did not work on my phone. They do have internet computers for free. Early morning, there are local vendors!

Great staff. Helpful and friendly. A lot of cool people hanging out at the hostel. A lot of tours to choose between, I went on the Mutianyu Great Wall tour and it was an amazing (but hot) experience.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Dear guest Thanks for your good review, Look forward to see you next time~

The room was pretty good, a little bit small but comfortable. Good atmosphere also. I didn't feel secure in the place where the hostel was located but security inside the hostel was good. The staff were very kind and helped me with every doubt I had no matter if there was stupid or not.

Very good location. Great hospitality. Good food. Two computers with internet. Convenient facilities in the room. However, Chinese rules in which people do everything in one room. If we wanted to eat our own food we were indicated to do it in our room.

Happy Dragon was the best hostel experience I've ever had!! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hostel itself was incredibly close to the Metro and it was right in the center of everything. Not the cleanest place ever, but I definitely felt incredibly safe and happy my stay in Beijing. I 100% recommend Happy Dragon. :)

• 1st Jul 2015

Dear frineds Thanks for your good review, we will continue to work hard. Look forward to see you nwxt time~

Happy Dragon Hostel was a nice hostel to stay. I was there with 5 friends, during 6 nights. We had 3 rooms, with 2 beds in each room. The staff is very kind and helpful. I had to print something and I could use the printer and computer from the reception. The organized tour to the Great Wall is a recommendation. The location of the hostel is good, in a typical Hutong. Near the perfectly working Beijing subway, and with small markets for fruit and clothes a couple of days a week in the street

• 29th Jun 2015

Dear guest Thank you for your recognition, we will continue to work hard. Look forward to see you next time~

Great value for a great stay. Very clean facilities and respectful, courteous staff

I really enjoyed my stay at the Happy Dragon Hostel! The location was really great and it was super easy to find the Hostel. The staff was always very friendly and helpful and could answer any and all questions we had. Also booked a tour to the Great Wall which was amazing as well! Would definitely stay here again if I come back to Beijing!!

• 27th Jun 2015

The hostel is located close to the subway, which was really convenient for seeing Beijing.

Dear friends Thanks for your good review.,we will continue to work hard. Look forward to see you next time~

Ex location in hutong and close to subway Staff very helpful and rooms clean Highly recomended

I stayed for 4 nights in a single room with private bathroom and it was a good time. The room was clean and there's enough space for one person. Some more hooks to hang clothes and stuff would be useful. Furthermore some sockets didn't work properly and should be repaired. The hostel is good located. Close to subway station and shops. And just 3km far from the Forbidden City.

solid hostel, the staff were helpful, while the location is easy access to all the main Beijing sights, the neighborhood itself was a bit out of the way.

Again, very nice place to stay in Beijing if you want to be close to the center. Good subway connections. It's a small and cozy hostel, you get to know the staff and other guests well. The staff is very friendly, especially at the bar. Bathroom in one room was a bit small, in the other room it was fine.

Thanks for your good reviews. We hope see you next time~

Happy Dragon Hostel was MORE than I could have hoped for. The staff was amazing and helped us in so many ways from scheduling tours, buying train tickets, to translating English words into Chinese when we needed things out of the ordinary. There was an amazing market outside the hostel everyday that added to the authentic experience.

Staff are amazing. So friendly and helpful. Activities arranged by the hostel (tours, acrobatics etc) are really good value and include transfers. Hostel is a little tricky to find at first but is in a really good location, close to the subway, lots of food places (look out for red lanterns), a supermarket, and even fast food if you are in desperate need of French fries. Room was secure, bed was comfy, linen was clean and fresh.

• 15th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review ,we will try our best to improve our service hoping to see you next time .

Good place to stay

Thanks for your good reviews. Look forward to seeing you next time~

The neighbourhood was a little untidy and a few many minutes walking from the subway station, but is good value for the money. If you like walking you can even reach the Forbidden City by foot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and english-speaking! Of all we saw this was the best choice.

No internet in the room, and no real common area to meet other travelers.

• 6th Jun 2015

Dear guest :We have reparied our internet,sorry to bring you the unconvenience .From now on there will be more guests,they will spend their time at the bar.

The location is great, but for some reason it seemed like the restaurant and bar areas were ghost towns. I sat inside the restaurant/bar alone for over an hour on Saturday night! I had heard the food was excellent but this made me doubt. The bathrooms were a bit gross and the show was positioned such that you stand with your head right next to the rusting hot water heater and if you move out of the way, the water hits the toilet paper. Definitely a sub-optimal arrangement, lol.

We feel very sorry that some trouble to you during you stay our hostel . We are very glad to give our hostel so many good suggestions and questions. About that troubles,we have to Improve. We hope see you next time~