Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

2009 Total Reviews

The wall is not soundproof.We can hear talking at reception and speaking on the phone out of room at night.

Great friendly staff. Nice American breakfast. Organized the tour to great wall of China for me.. Mutianyu Section. Was very well done. Had left my expensive coat in their hostel. They found it and returned it to a friend of mine who went to pick it up after 1 week. Totally recommend the hostel. And very good value for money.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • India

I booked this place off of the high rating. However, their directions drop you off at the subway exit, and the location is wrong on hostelworld so it took me over two hours to locate it, and the other two girls I met also took 2-3 hours searching. The whole room smells like mold as the bathroom is growing a healthy amount around the sink, mirror and floor. The bed is a slat of wood with an inch of foam on it. And to top it off, the location still requires transit to get anywhere. Book elsewhere.

Every night I turned off all the lights and went to bed at around midnight. Every night one or more roommates came back at 2:00 AM or 3:00 AM and turned on all the lights for 20-30 minutes while they prepared for bed. During check-in, staff should really make clear to guests that this is not okay to do. People need to use the light from their phone or just feel around in the dark. Really appreciated the curtain around the beds as well as the reading light above every bed, though.

The staff at this place are terrific, willing to help you book tours and transportation at all hours, and also just as willing to spend time chatting with you/helping you plan your days around the city. The hostel itself is located fairly close to a main subway line, but is a little hard to find at first (in a back alley). It is definitely within walking distance of the large majority of the city's attractions (Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, temples etc.), and private bathrooms were a plus!

Stayed in their shared dorm for 4 nights. Management was prompt to respond to e-mail enquiries. Comfortable stay, convenient location, many food places nearby. 24 hour reception was helpful and efficient. Food at the bar is slightly pricey but not too bad if you're missing something Western. Loved the luggage storage and security key cards. WiFi can get cranky in the room, just head downstairs for better connection if so. Also, get VPN for China if you need to remain virtually alive.

Thank you. Nice place to stay :)

• 12th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Everyone was very helpful and friendly, I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here if they are planning on coming to Beijing for vacation. It's located in a great spot, it was very easy to get from the airport, and the tour package for the Great Wall was well worth it and very organized, and stress free. Thank you very much!

My first impression was definitely not the best as the hostel is located in an alleyway (not your typical "hutong") and it is quite dirty around it. Then walking into my room first thing I noticed was a terrible dirty and humid smell. The mattresses were all about 1-2 inches thick which made sleeping hard. At first I couldn't even find the shower as it is not an overhead one as most people are used to. However, staff were helpful and very polite and spoke good English.

All the staff is sooo nice!! The hostel and surrounding areas are very safe to walk around at midnight, and the staff speaks english well so they will make their best to help you all the time. Walking distance from subway and very cheap restaurants with good local food.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for the review,see you in 21th.

Overall, the stay was great, friendly staff! Main gripe was just that the room was small.

Great, helpful and friendly staff. Many available tours to choose between, I went on the Jinshanling Great Wall tour and it was an amazing experience.

The hostel is a little hard to find but that's what makes its appeal as it is close to many sites but hidden in local smaller streets. These streets have hidden gems such as inexpensive and delicious restaurants, morning and night markets and convenient stores. We had a private room which did the job but nothing exceptional. The staff is friendly and try to help as best they can to our questions.

Perfect. But they ran out of rice three times and declined to fix it.

The hostel has really lovely and helpful staff working there. They were able to provide us with tips, offer us advice and help organise our tours. The hostel itself has a nice bar where they provide a range of drinks and food if you wish to eat in. There are also loads of restaurants a couple of minutes walk away, which is really handy. The hostel can be a little difficult to find on the way there so just ensure you have a map to show your taxi driver. Great value for money.

Super helpful and friendly staff, great location (really right in the middle of everything, really get a sense of local life right away) everything was as advertised, 2 pc that you can use for booking and such was very convenient, very happy overall

Tricky to find, you need to walk past inside building, I need to ask 3 locals, none of them know. Facilities were basic. Staffs were accommodating. Cleanliness was acceptable. They have bar beside, so bring earplug, just in case. I don't know why, when I came, they don't have my reservation, although they sent me an email after I booked, fortunately they got bed left. can't imagine if they don't have bed left, I will need to search another place for that night. Overall, this hostel get 3 of 5.

Hard to find based on directions. Private room clean and well kept. Pretty quiet. Fun morning market on the street. Near metro. Restaurant dead and expensive. Wifi good.

Decent place. Staff was not very helpful for restaurant suggestions. Instead they would say go to this street, there are many restaurants. Would have been nice for a specific recommendation. Main issue was the room. The air conditioning dripped. It basically rained on the bed. My pillows and bed were soaked. But overall a good place.

The hostel is kinda small but the best so far since I have been in China ! The staff are awesome!!! Always nice and helpful :)

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Hungary

Dear guest Thank you for the greatest review ,we hope you could enjoy your stay in China .We will try our best to improve our sevice.