Happy Dragon Hostel Reviews

29 Ren Min Shi Chang Xi Xiang,Dong Cheng District., Beijing, China

The staff was very friendly. My friend and I were super thankful to the woman who actually came out and found us when we were lost. The rooms were nice and good water pressure in the shower. The location was great, very close to the subway and in the center of the city.

A good hostel with friendly staff and a nice bar. Room was fine. A lot of construction going on in the area, but that's pretty much the same everywhere in Beijing.

The staff was extremely helpful and spoke English well. Additionally, there were a lot of services (like laundry and bike rentals) that were available to people and were the best prices I've seen in Beijing. The hostel was a little hard to find, but it was near a subway stop, so all of Beijing was within reach. I wish there were more of a common area, but the the cafe was a comfortable place to hang out. Additionally, and probably most importantly, the room was clean. Small, but clean.

It was a really nice stay and the bar downstairs is offering delicious international dishes :) The trip to the great wall was also organized from the hostel and will take place everyday ;)

Staff are friendly and helpful, give us advice how to transfer to the airport.

• 11th May 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 41+

We booked a double bed but had 2 singles pushed together. There was a one inch height difference between the beds so it was SO uncomfortable. No common area to meet other travellers, just a bar. Overall pretty average. It was pretty difficult to find and I noticed other travellers complaining of the same.

Great place to stay in Beijing, clean, good value for money, nice staff, and you can always meet there someone to talk to

I had a pretty good time staying here and the staff were friendly.

I had a really great stay at Happy Dragon Hostel. Good location but mostly a very friendly staff always here to help you out. They kindly booked a train ticket for me and also provided me with a lot of useful infos. A very good address :)

I was in this hostel a couple of years ago, it is was I went there again, it was no change from the last time except the staff. I found this time the staff was not good as it was before, less enthusiast , if you wanted info it was easy to get them by yourself , then spent too much time on they phone.

very near to metro, local food market in front of the hostel, everyday from 6.00-9.30. might be noisy if you have a window next to it, but the atmosphere is great. many small restaurants arround. rooms clean, staff friendly. english speaking staff. great feeling at hostel. good choice for beijing.

Good location, clean, good atmosphere!

The Happy Dragon Hostel is a 10-20 minute subway ride away from most tourist attractions. Even so, there's a nice shopping district nearby, with an awesome record store and dozens of "mom and pop" noodle joints. Best of all, though is the morning market—every morning from about 7am to 9am, the streets flood with vendors hawking everything from exotic fruits to kitchen appliances. I grabbed breakfast out there every day for just 1-2 yuan. Awesome place, awesome staff—I will definitely be back!

• 12th Apr 2014

The hostel is located quite close to a metro station (Dongsi), which is nice. The bar in the hostel is good and well-priced. The biggest downside is the "double" bed we had was two VERY UNCOMFORTABLE beds pushed together, with a big wood bar down the centre. I did not get a good night's sleep while here. Also, at the time I stayed there (04/2014), there was construction going on in the building across the alley starting at 4AM. Not their fault but worth considering as it also made sleep hard.

Great staff, comfortable room. Trip to the Great wall was well organized. Sorry we were not allowed to bring our own food or drink into the restaurant as this was the only common area and the restaurant prices were average for hostels but expensive compared to small restaurants or street stalls.

Great place. The staff was really nice and helpful. I felt the place was as clean as it could be. Although some of the facilities looked a little old or worn down, they were clean and we did not see any bugs anywhere. Each morning, there is a vegatable market right outside which gives a real sense of what China is like. I would definitely stay there again. It is a little dark and although the writing on the walls may be fun for those who write, it takes away from the clean look.

The Hostel is located close to the forbidden city, the nanluogoxiang bar area and not far from Sanlitun (Bars) either.The staff is very helpful - when ever you have got a problem, you can count on them. Calling the reception from a taxi when you are lost i.e. :-) Thank you guys'n lasses for the nice stay!

Very kind staff who are helpful and welcoming. about a 7 minute walk to the nearest subway station. Clean room. A bit noisy but only because of construction going on across the street. Overall, great hostel!

We booked a private room with toilet & shower. The bathroom smelled like sewer, ie, very bad. Each day we advised staff, and bathroom was sprayed. Smell continued each late afternoon and evening. We stayed 5 nights. Avoid room 8106, last room on right side, after turning left from reception. Location, his hostel is excellent. There is a neat fruit and veggie market outside each day. The lack of a common kitchen was disappointing. Every other hostel I stayed at has a common kitchen.

To be called a hostel, there needs to be a common kitchen, not just an over-priced cafeteria. Also, tours need to be competitively priced, not 100+ yuan more than local competitors. Location and price wise, his hostel is pretty good. It should be renamed to "guest house", as hostel is deceptive.

1 2 Next » last »