Happy Go Lucky Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Stuttgarter Platz 17, Berlin, Germany

The shower equipment is not convenient, the inductor really bad.

This hostel was fine. A few metro stops from the city center, but not a huge ordeal. And if you have a eurail train pass, it works for the "S" train, which was useful. The directions state that the station is directly across from the hostel (which it is), but when coming from the main train station, you must exit to the left and walk a little ways. All else was good--wifi, showers, kitchen, etc.

This hostel is in a more expensive and older neighborhood, so the area is clean and quite. I was surprised how well kept the place was for the low price. The two setbacks I had were that I was the only woman in a six bedroom mixed dorm room (I just wished the hostel was more conscious about that) and the bathrooms are set up in an odd way. The toilets & showers are in the same room, so there is no escape from sounds or smells. Also there is no changing area, so be OK with public exposure.

• 9th Jul 2015

Good hostel, very clean and tidy. Just a shame about the loud groups staying there!

I was lucky that I chose this hostel. It was one of the best equipped hostels I have ever been to. You could buy there everything. The location was also really nice, close to bus and train station. I recommend this hostel to everyone!

인터넷은 대체로 잘되지만 1층 로비가 가장 빠름. 건물 3개를 통채로 쓰는 형태라 자리 많음. 하지만 수학여행처럼 단체로 오는 꼬맹이들이 많아서 종종 시끄러움. 인원에 비해 화장실은 널널. 하지만 숙소 내에 콘센트는 불만일 정도로 부족. 버스터미널(ZOB)로 오면 걸어서 15분, 티어가르텐까진 걸어서 30분. 물론 직행버스도 있음. 근처에 리딜, 카이저 슈퍼마켓 있음. 전반적으로 저렴한 가격에 비해 만족함.

My stay was ok. My 8 person dorm was clean upon arrival. The bathrooms were always clean. Only two stalls and two showers. Didn't eat breakfast. The noise from other rooms and outside echoed in my room. I sleep with earplugs and still heard the noise. Their was some security there trying to keep people quit. But they failed. Right across the street from the train station. Lots of good food within walking distance. If it weren't for the noise, I would stay here again. But I'm a light sleeper.

• 10th Jun 2015

We found the hostel easily enough and were able to drop our bags off early. We were surprised to find that there was no lockers in the room and only one bathroom/shower per floor that was always in use. We thought the place was lacking a backpacking community and we were correct as there was some sort of school trip going on at the same time which meant running and screaming kids and no use of the kitchen and seating areas when the school trip was having dinner, lunch or breakfast.

Rude,unfriendly,careless staff,also had to pay 6 euros for horrible breakfast, had to leave the room key every time I went out, no lockers or 10 euros to rent one, overall one of the worst hostels I've ever been to, will never comeback.

• 8th Jun 2015

Convenient location just outside charlottenburg station.

Nice hostel, good wifi in rooms, maybe you should work a bit on kitchen facilities, over all would come back again

Very good place to stay!

Lockers in the rooms would be a great idea.

Good value for money. Rather annoying when the guest kitchen is closed during the announced use hours (11am-10pm). Too few showers.

This place was good for the cost. The staff were nice. There were lockers in the bottom floor, but that wouldn't be able to hold my bag~ regardless, you also have a deposit for a box for the fridge (which is good because you can buy fresh food at a close by Lidl). Otherwise, my only problem was that the shower would keep dying on me. The hostel was also located at a cute location.

The staff wasn't exceptionally friendly, and it's good there were so many signs explaining everything as I didn't get any explanations except for how to find the room. It seemed like it was some time since the bathrooms were cleaned.

• 14th May 2015

Just needed a place to sleep for one night, which worked out perfectly for me. There are no lockers in the room, so I slept with my valuables on my bed, no biggie. There is only one key per room, so the first person into the room has to pick it up from the front desk and the last person to leave the room has to leave it at the front desk. It is right in front of the metro station, which was great. Obviously, the best thing about this place is the price!!!!

Nice basic cheap hostel. There were no lockers in the room and only two keyes for the room.

Location is great if you are travelling through the bus station ZOB west or the Tegel airport. It's open 24 hours which is also great. The rooms are ok. However, staff members are not all that friendly.

Met many nice and interesting people. It was a great atmosphere, clean rooms and a short way to public transportation and grocery store.