7.3
Very Good 490 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 490 Total Reviews
Happy Go Lucky Hotel & Hostel Located at Stuttgarter Platz 17, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin 10627 Stuttgarter Platz 17
73% 490
52.5051517 13.3008440
    Rooms available

20th Jul 2016
7.7

Cheap. They accommodated my late arrival time, after 23:00, which was nice. 50 euro deposit for key. The staff was friendly. But placed in a room with 2 middle-aged men by myself. Wasn't entirely comfortable. Maybe they were full. Not really much for a hostel atmosphere, there's a main lounge people spent time in on computers. The Wi-Fi can be spotty. The community showers are not my favorite. But the 6 euro breakfast was worth it. Free luggage storage. Only 10 min walk from metro.

16th Jul 2016
7.7

Pretty decently located if you are coming in or going to the ZOB bus station, otherwise, a few stops away from downtown, but manageable. I was kind of annoyed that the door locks didn't actually lock without actually locking it behind you, meaning that your room was only as secure as the last person who left (i.e. if they locked the door or not). Otherwise, decent price and overall good.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Jul 2016
4.3

Staff were v rude (except the guy with the beard And glasses, especially the young brunette girl who thought it was okay to ignore customers and tell them she was "very busy" and to hurry up; her version of busy = Facebook messaging Very unprofessional!! Silly closing times for kitchen facilities too.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016
6.0

The location was good because it wasn't in the middle of nowhere and there were loads of restaurants and bars, literally a minutes walk away. However, to get to the central main section of Berlin you had to get a 15 minute train stop. The wifi is pretty bad - in our room it kept on losing connection, and we had to keep on reconnecting.

• England, Couple, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

We would definitely recommend this hostel! We arrived a few hours earlier than check in but were able to store our luggage whilst we went out. When we got to our dorm we had fresh linen for our beds (which was immaculate) and the shared bathroom was also spotless. The staff were pleasant and it had a nice calm and friendly atmosphere. The only downside is the location - although very close to the station, there isn't much to do in Charlottenburg so we had to get trains to most places.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Jun 2016

Everything was great; comfy beds, nice room, and my room even had dressers and a table, which I've never seen in a hostel. My only complaint is the fact that there were no lockers or any secure place to store my belongings. It didn't make much difference for me since I was traveling with a large group and had booked one full room, but if I had been traveling alone, I would be concerned.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016
5.1

If you're looking for a good atmosphere and fun vibes do not stay here. I found the other travellers in this hostel quite strange or most of them have a mental illness. I didn't like the location, far away from the centre but it is close to a metro station. Generally wouldn't recommend for young people or solo travellers.

21st May 2016
7.4

Not bad. A little too big of a hostel for my taste, I think there's like 4 different apartment buildings each with about 6 or 8 dorm rooms. Not a lot of community atmosphere, but that's expected in a hostel this big. Beds were nice and staff was decent

• Germany, Female, 18-24
18th May 2016

Really nice area, public transport right across the street. The rooms are good, the beds a little noisy when turning around. Staff is nice and helpful.

• Hungary, Male, 18-24
18th May 2016

I stayed at the HappyGoLucky Hotel for a week. I found everything to be well organised, safe and secure. It's quiet but very close to public transport. Shared bathrooms were clean and are equipped with paper towel and soap dispensers. Overall very good hostel experience. There are some regular guests, families and school trips, this may not be the biggest party hostel ever.