Happy Go Lucky Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Stuttgarter Platz 17, Berlin, Germany

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! One of the reception staffs (Spanish native speaker) is rude beyond comprehension. He's simply uninterested in his job, took everybody at least 30 minutes to check-in because he was super slow, and whenever you ask him something, he acts as if he's doing you a huge favor responding to your request. His German and English was bad so he just kept talking to Spanish speaking guests in Spanish and almost just ignored non-Spanish speaking guests. This is very very unfortunate.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • China

Lack of charging points in room, and no lockers in the room

It's cheap and the room is far away from luxury but just for sleeping it's cool. It has been a little bit noisy at the beginning under the window but after tens of mins it was ok. I appreciate the opportunity to cook at lunch time and to leave your stuff at the luggage room if you need for free. The hotel stuff is quite ok, if you need they will help. The location is quite ok as well, the metro is close. So, I would rather recommend you, guys!

Hostel is really great. The only bad thing is that you can not check in until 14h. Also the bilding does not the evevator. It is peaceful and quet place to stay in, near by us Uban and Sban and a big supermarket (Lidl). I m totally recommending it.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

very GOOD!

I only stayed a very short time, so I didn´t have time to get to know the hostel inside out, but I liked it. Nice, spatious common area with basic things and beer to buy, kitchen a bit under-equipped, not suitable for "real cooking", but it depends on what you need. Everything was clean, room was big enough, the location was good, not far from ZOB and only a few steps from S-bahn. I would recommend.

Very near to S bahn station. Clean room and friendly staff. Only drawback 1 washroom for entire floor (8-10 dorms). Had to climb 4 floors without lift.

Great hostel. Great location. It's just 1 min from the train station. The staff is very friendly. A towel is provided but bear in mind that it is a bit small, so if you take a bigger one with you, better!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

지하철?역이랑도 가깝고 위치가 괜찮았던 것 같아요. 큰길 앞이라 위험하지도 않고!

The room was good, 6 people in a room and there was enough space. The water was really cold in the morning I arrived but was fixed by the evening. The staff was friendly.

Pretty good I guess! I only stayed one night so I can't really comment on the atmosphere... not as social as I'd hoped for a lone traveller but nice enough. Bathrooms were clean, beds were super super comfortable which is always really surprising, kitchen is nice and big but I hear you can't use it that often which isn't great. Staff were informative and well-equipped to help you out. About a 10 minute walk to the high end fashion district but the train right across the road goes everywhere.

Everything is worth the money. The main drawback is that the toilet seems to be inaddequate. There is only one men toilet for the floor I stayed.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

It wasn't in the city center but it was pretty easy to get there because it was right in front of a train station. Wifi worked well and the rooms were clean and big enough.

Good location, just 5min walking distance to train & metro st. The staff was helpfull. Our room was bright & clean and despite the fact we were on the 5th floor the wifi signal was good! We were just quite disappointed by the fact that we could have used the kitchen for our breakfast only after 11am (unless you pay to have their ready made breakfast) and you can cook your dinner up to 10pm but only if no groups booked the dinner at the hostel...so we ended up not using the kitchen at all!!!

Staff were really nice. Rooms were standard, felt like a dorm room. Really cheap and good enough location to get all over the city easily! Annoyed that the room I got was in front of where all the people in the complex smoke, could not open window so room got hot! Would go back cause it's cheap and easy to move around Berlin. There might have been bed bugs though, I got red bumps ALL OVER my body after two nights of sleeping there!

We had quite a good time at this hostel in Berlin. The guy with short hair and the girl at the reception were nice and helpful, the bathroom and our dorm were clean and the location was good: the hostel is situated very near Charlottensburg station. However, we had some trouble in cooking our meals: the first night we could cook without any problem, but two days later we were not allowed to use any pan. It was really annoying. I suggest the free walking tour! :)

Nice place to stay. Is not to expensive for Berlin and the area is good. 24 hours shop right next to it.

There is no air conditioning, the room gets really hot! Staff is okay... Breakfast is fantastic, but costs 6 euro. There was really much dust under my bed, though, otherwise cleanliness was good. Location is great if you want to stay in Charlottenburg.

This hostel was located slightly far out in the less interesting West Berlin, but the Berlin metro is very easy and quick to use (and, if you're immoral like me, very easy to use without paying), and if you're just looking for a 'base' you'll find everything you need here - the Wi-Fi worked very well, and the showers were extremely good. Our room was the very top floor and without a lift of any kind we had to walk up four flights of stairs with heavy backpacks... but otherwise it's a nice place!

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel is really close to Charlottenberg S Bahn station which is great! The staff seemed nice, although we were checked in by a girl who didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing.. didn't get our stay off to a great start. The lockers were good but quite narrow so it proved difficult to get a larger rucksack into it. Showers were warm but they were covered by curtains rather than doors which was a little off putting.