Happy Go Lucky Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Stuttgarter Platz 17, Berlin, Germany

The rooms need more ventilation and the gays at the reception were not helpfull at all. In the rooms there is not enought lockers for everyone and not all the beds can have acceses to a night lamp or power point.

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Mexico

It was a great idea to put posters warning the wet painting... after 2 days of starting the painting jobs. Well done. I'm still trying to clean my clothes. Also it was not specified in the webpage anything about not being able to eat my own breakfast between 8 and 11. Or the prohibition of frying. Or the absences of lockers in the room, so if I wanted to get my laptop I had to cross the backyard (it is winter and very cold right now). My stance there was full of surprises, not the good ones.

They did a great job welcoming me to Berlin, and would be glad to stay there again.

• 31st Dec 2015

Showers are funny.

Located well out of the center. 4 or 5 stops on the S-Bahn. There were no lockers available in the room.

It was honestly the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Poland

I liked this hostel. The artwork and murals are awesome and it's super close to an S-Bahn station. The staff were all very nice and people were always hanging out in the lobbey which made it a nice place to meet other interesting travelers. My only complaints are that there aren't very many outlets in the dorms and that there isn't a kitchen. It kind of felt like they were pushing you to buy their breakfast. But really, this hostel is great! I would stay here again.

There is indeed some staff who is unfriendly which made the atmosphere uncomfortable and didn't gave us enough information. Later we had some nice people at the reception. Also we found it very strange that there was only one key for the whole dorm so we never knew if the last person would remember to lock the room with our stuff. The breakfast was 6€ but really good, the kitchen wasn't well equipped. It was mostly clean.The location is very good you can find it easily and its close to metro.

I may stay here again - ONLY because it's near main bus station (ZOB) and the Ku-Damm area. But hostels in Kreuzberg are better AND cheaper, and I really missed them. The 6-bed dorm was OK – enough space per person, but I always had to hunt the building for a free toilet or shower. Staff are mostly efficient but cold (true, the traffic is huge). Kitchen access was restricted - their priority is selling breakfast and snacks, not backpackers' convenience. I guess there's always a trade off.

The hostel is very good and I would definitely recommend it. Yet, there were a few problems. On the security side, everybody can enter the buildings and the rooms (most guests do not lock doors; it would be better if they locked automatically). The common kitchen has very strange hours for use and is poorly located (you have to cross the patio to go there). It was very annoying that there were very large and very loud high school groups and the staff couldn't (or wouldn't) enforce silence hours

The room wasn't very clean, there were some problems with wifi and it is very strange that you can only use kitchen at certain hours, but beds are comfortable and location is good. Pretty good value for money.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Lithuania

No elevator which kind of sucks when you have big luggage. Common room in another building - I hardly knew there was any kitchen. On the other hand it was very quiet and I had a good sleep. Stuff was very nice and helpful.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Pretty average hostel. With a good location. For the price though it surpassed expectations. What truly made my stay there was the amazing people I met staying in my room.

버스타고 베를린에 도착하시는 분들에게 최고의 위치입니다. 주요관광지까지 시간이 걸리지만.. 저는 그냥 걸어다녔어요! 호스텔 엄청깨끗하고 6인실 혼자쓴적도있어요! 엘레베이터가 없어서 좀 힘들기도 했어요! 주요관광지와 엘리베이터가 없다는 단점 말고는! 정말 괜찮은 호스텔이었습니다.

Very close to S station. Great value for money. Plug by each bed and wifi in room. Although didn't always work fine.

I would definitely recommend this hostel! The location is good as the train that brong you in the centre is just outside there. The neighbourhood is not one of the best as there are some people (probably immigrants) drinking next to the station but the hostel is just in front of it so it's not really dangerous. The hostel was clean and pretty new.

• 29th Aug 2015

Great hostel, lovely rooms and a great price. Let down by lack of kitchen, no sink, that can only be used at certain times. Shame because it would be great. No laundry facilities either.

Nice hostel, comfy beds, relatively quiet. Very social and friendly in reception area. Wifi is temperamental when in your room! Overall clean, I would stay here again for he price. Good value for money!