Happy Go Lucky Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Stuttgarter Platz 17, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel. Great location. It's just 1 min from the train station. The staff is very friendly. A towel is provided but bear in mind that it is a bit small, so if you take a bigger one with you, better!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The room was good, 6 people in a room and there was enough space. The water was really cold in the morning I arrived but was fixed by the evening. The staff was friendly.

Pretty good I guess! I only stayed one night so I can't really comment on the atmosphere... not as social as I'd hoped for a lone traveller but nice enough. Bathrooms were clean, beds were super super comfortable which is always really surprising, kitchen is nice and big but I hear you can't use it that often which isn't great. Staff were informative and well-equipped to help you out. About a 10 minute walk to the high end fashion district but the train right across the road goes everywhere.

• 1st Sep 2014

Everything is worth the money. The main drawback is that the toilet seems to be inaddequate. There is only one men toilet for the floor I stayed.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

It wasn't in the city center but it was pretty easy to get there because it was right in front of a train station. Wifi worked well and the rooms were clean and big enough.

Good location, just 5min walking distance to train & metro st. The staff was helpfull. Our room was bright & clean and despite the fact we were on the 5th floor the wifi signal was good! We were just quite disappointed by the fact that we could have used the kitchen for our breakfast only after 11am (unless you pay to have their ready made breakfast) and you can cook your dinner up to 10pm but only if no groups booked the dinner at the hostel...so we ended up not using the kitchen at all!!!

Staff were really nice. Rooms were standard, felt like a dorm room. Really cheap and good enough location to get all over the city easily! Annoyed that the room I got was in front of where all the people in the complex smoke, could not open window so room got hot! Would go back cause it's cheap and easy to move around Berlin. There might have been bed bugs though, I got red bumps ALL OVER my body after two nights of sleeping there!

We had quite a good time at this hostel in Berlin. The guy with short hair and the girl at the reception were nice and helpful, the bathroom and our dorm were clean and the location was good: the hostel is situated very near Charlottensburg station. However, we had some trouble in cooking our meals: the first night we could cook without any problem, but two days later we were not allowed to use any pan. It was really annoying. I suggest the free walking tour! :)

Nice place to stay. Is not to expensive for Berlin and the area is good. 24 hours shop right next to it.

There is no air conditioning, the room gets really hot! Staff is okay... Breakfast is fantastic, but costs 6 euro. There was really much dust under my bed, though, otherwise cleanliness was good. Location is great if you want to stay in Charlottenburg.

This hostel was located slightly far out in the less interesting West Berlin, but the Berlin metro is very easy and quick to use (and, if you're immoral like me, very easy to use without paying), and if you're just looking for a 'base' you'll find everything you need here - the Wi-Fi worked very well, and the showers were extremely good. Our room was the very top floor and without a lift of any kind we had to walk up four flights of stairs with heavy backpacks... but otherwise it's a nice place!

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel is really close to Charlottenberg S Bahn station which is great! The staff seemed nice, although we were checked in by a girl who didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing.. didn't get our stay off to a great start. The lockers were good but quite narrow so it proved difficult to get a larger rucksack into it. Showers were warm but they were covered by curtains rather than doors which was a little off putting.

This place is really cool ! Specially the ambiance and the people that work there. This make your day. Also this is a perfect location, when they say near everything , it is !! You can nearly reach Everything from the station in front of the motel. Will be back.

Most average. Reasonably clean & comfortable. Although it says guest kitchen, it is just a table with some cups, plates, cutlery & a microwave, not even a sink.

What I liked the most was that it's so easy to find and it's just one block away from the subway. They provide everything, including towel. Even though it only had one bathroom, I didn't have any problem, because it was never occupied.

The wifi was good, the beds were clean and it was extremely easy to get to. Besides that nothing much to brag about. The girl at the front was as helpful as possible, but the guy who helped us at check in looked like he wished he was somewhere else. Not much for atmosphere, it was set up for good things, just nothing really happening and a bit of an older crowd.

The hostel wasn't horrible, but it wasn't very much fun either. It didn't seem like the kind of place were you could easily meet people. The rooms were also pretty small. On the plus side, it was near the train and was quite convenient for touristy things. I would recommend other hostels in Berlin particularly if you're alone and want to meet new friends. Still, it was cheap.

Great hostel if you dont plan to go out at night since all the good clubs are in the east side of town (30 minaway). Not a youth hostel and seems hard to make friends especially when travelling alone. Mix of travelling ages. Very clean though and i really like the rooms. Spacious. Good supermarket near bu. Easy access to train to get to city center.

Little bit far from city centre, but close to S-Bahn (so transportation fee should be concerned). The place is peaceful and the price is really cheap. It worth!

location is alright. room is big enough and clean. toilet doesn't flush very well and there's no blush in there... For the price it's good.