Happy Guest House Reviews

0134 Phum Wat Bo, Khum Salakomreuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I can not fault the Happy Guesthouse! Awesome room, very clean. Solid wifi. Mega good value for money - cheapest yet nicest double we've stayed in. Very helpful re Angor Wat - organised tuk tuk driver etc. Cheap food and nice chill out space in the front yard. Book it!

The staff here are quite hospitable and helpful. I appreciate their patience because I kept switching from one room to another. There are two buildings for accommodation and make sure which you are staying because there is no wifi for the building in the back. The facilities are pretty basic. In terms of location, it can take you 15minutes to walk to the old market for food, which is not bad.

The atmosphere here is very nice and quiet, it's seems like a big family. Everyone is very kind and polite and try to help and suggest other activities. It's not far from the city centre, you can walk along the river and the cross the bridge. We felt really good here.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

We had a good time staying on this guesthouse. The room is clean and spacious and they have a Superb staff! They assist us to arrange our tour in Angkor Wat and booked our van tickets to Bangkok with no Extra charge!!! Just stay away in the living room area as there are a lot of mosquitoes there. Overall Good job guys! We will definitely stay here again!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Simple rooms located in a very calm area, pleasant atmosphere.

• 24th Feb 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Happy Guest House. It's convenient, within walking distance to Pub, Night Market and shopping areas. The hostel operators made a mistake with my reservation but fixed it even before I got there so it was not a big deal. (But I didn't like the hostel where they put me though.) My room was large considering I only spent maybe 7 hours a day in it and has excellent working AC. No kitchen to use; but, hey, who'd cook if you can buy delicious and very cheap food outside?

Thank you very much. You help me a lot about the trip plan. Especially thank for Koeun and Ra. I have a happy trip in Siem Reap and Happy guest house.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Tuk Tuk driver is friendly. about 15-25 minutes walk to "Town".....depends on one's speed. There is a whole stretch of guest house along the road.....the road is really "rocky".....really need some repair for this short stretch of road. Workers are friendly too.....

Really nice common areas, helpful staff, reasonably comfortable rooms. Location seemed to require a tuk-tuk to go anywhere but that was not really a problem. We could have explored more on foot but didn't have time.

The staff was very cordial and polite. They have onsite "tour" people that can help you arrange for transportation and can help get you around town. Rooms were clean and new towels were provided each time we asked. Location is very close to the main market area (10 minute walk).

In Siem Reap, there really aren't many bad places since it is mostly hotels and hostels and getting around by tuk tuk is cheap and convenient. Staff was awesome and the facilities were good based on the condition of the country as a whole. Restaurants and shopping are pretty close and Angkor Wat is a short ride away as well.

I really loved it at happy guesthouse! Can't wait to go back to Siem Reap and stay there again! :) I met a lot of nice people and the staff was so friendly en helpfull!

The staff there was super nice and helpful. i stayed in a single room but pretty dirty as i saw some insects on the walls. no table or desk is available in the room. it is like 11 use per night so i expected a service and quality of room better than this one! Also,my friend stayed in double bed room on the ground floor which has many insects every day and night which was so disgusting and she moved to another hotel afterwards.

Cons: bedbugs, tiny room with no chair or anything, wc door would not close and in wc a hole in the roof and some mosquies in room so not happy about the room. props: otherwise good\great hostel, great outside area and bar, good, affordable food, travelservices and mostly friendly faces. No kitchen,fridge etc but to be expected.

Personally, the most impressive aspects are food and staffs. Food served here is really great in quality, taste and price. Regarding staffs, the receptionists are knowledgable and nice. So feel free to ask them anything you concern. The Tuk-tuk driver is really gentle and honest. The only weak point I can think about is only the location. It takes around 20minutes walk from Old market and Pub street. Walking back to the guesthouse alone at night is not recommended.

Would definitely stay here again! Staff were very friendly and helpful, and this is probably one of the best value-for-your-money deals I've ever found anywhere. Strong wifi connection. The only downside is the location: a little out of the way, and right next to another guesthouse that (one of the nights I was there) had live music until late at night, making it hard to sleep. Also, I wouldn't eat in the restaurant there - the food is overpriced and not that good.

almost everything is perfect in happy ! good and cheap food ! 10min away from pub street, the staff and tuktuks are really friendly,the common area is very good for solo travellers, clean rooms, good facilities ! my only problem was that everyday i came back late from pub street around 4am and all the times the door man took really to long to wake up and open the gates... like 15mins

Very nice place! Walking distance to the center, in a nice street with many guesthouses. The staff is very nice and helpful and the common area is a very nice place to hang out.

They picked us up from the bus station late at night for free and then gave us the same tutu driver throughout our entire stay, so we really got to know him. overall, great experience and a great value for the money considering how much we paid (we stayed in a private twin). the food we ordered from them was also quite good.

Far exceeded my expectations. Great place to stay with an extraordinarily friendly staff who'll help you out with pretty much anything you might need.