Happy Guest House Reviews

0134 Phum Wat Bo, Khum Salakomreuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Friendly and helpful staff with a value for money room to boot. Provide a cheap, but good quality breakfast, and helped us with onward travel and Vietnam visas

Hotel staff weren't helpful at all. We asked to stay an extra night but they said they couldn't tell us if the room was available so we looked online and there were lots of rooms free so we decided to move across the road when we checked out they didn't want us to leave saying they had lots of rooms. The restaurant was absolutely riddled with cockroaches with two climbing on my legs within a minute if sitting down. Also huge bags of rice left lying around open. Not good would not recommend .

It is always very tricky when you are in the position of a tourist and people see you as a rich person. Cambodian people can be very lovely, like this family who own the hotel, as well our driver Mr. Tee; despite all that, they assumed that 5 dollars is not much of money for us because that is what they overcharged us after driving us around, even though we had agreed a different price. As I said, we are tourists, but we are not rich, 5 dollars is money for us. Have always the price noted down.

Very cosy place, nice and clean room. The manager was really nice and helpful, I organized my trip to Laos through her and all went really well. It was really hot when I was there (May) but the fan was enough at night, and I used the swimming pool next door during the day to cool off a bit.

• 7th May 2014

Greattt staff!! Food was good and the room was nice and big

I can not fault the Happy Guesthouse! Awesome room, very clean. Solid wifi. Mega good value for money - cheapest yet nicest double we've stayed in. Very helpful re Angor Wat - organised tuk tuk driver etc. Cheap food and nice chill out space in the front yard. Book it!

The staff here are quite hospitable and helpful. I appreciate their patience because I kept switching from one room to another. There are two buildings for accommodation and make sure which you are staying because there is no wifi for the building in the back. The facilities are pretty basic. In terms of location, it can take you 15minutes to walk to the old market for food, which is not bad.

The atmosphere here is very nice and quiet, it's seems like a big family. Everyone is very kind and polite and try to help and suggest other activities. It's not far from the city centre, you can walk along the river and the cross the bridge. We felt really good here.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

We had a good time staying on this guesthouse. The room is clean and spacious and they have a Superb staff! They assist us to arrange our tour in Angkor Wat and booked our van tickets to Bangkok with no Extra charge!!! Just stay away in the living room area as there are a lot of mosquitoes there. Overall Good job guys! We will definitely stay here again!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Simple rooms located in a very calm area, pleasant atmosphere.

• 24th Feb 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Happy Guest House. It's convenient, within walking distance to Pub, Night Market and shopping areas. The hostel operators made a mistake with my reservation but fixed it even before I got there so it was not a big deal. (But I didn't like the hostel where they put me though.) My room was large considering I only spent maybe 7 hours a day in it and has excellent working AC. No kitchen to use; but, hey, who'd cook if you can buy delicious and very cheap food outside?

Thank you very much. You help me a lot about the trip plan. Especially thank for Koeun and Ra. I have a happy trip in Siem Reap and Happy guest house.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Tuk Tuk driver is friendly. about 15-25 minutes walk to "Town".....depends on one's speed. There is a whole stretch of guest house along the road.....the road is really "rocky".....really need some repair for this short stretch of road. Workers are friendly too.....

Really nice common areas, helpful staff, reasonably comfortable rooms. Location seemed to require a tuk-tuk to go anywhere but that was not really a problem. We could have explored more on foot but didn't have time.

The staff was very cordial and polite. They have onsite "tour" people that can help you arrange for transportation and can help get you around town. Rooms were clean and new towels were provided each time we asked. Location is very close to the main market area (10 minute walk).