Happy Guest House Reviews

0134 Phum Wat Bo, Khum Salakomreuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Loved the location - a quiet road on a hill with a beautiful view. Staff was super friendly and really always smiling. I recommend booking the motorcycle country tour thru the hostel - I don't know how it compares pricewise to others, but we had a ball. Best complimentary breakfast too, an omelet with crusty baguette and coffee. Would recommend!

Staff were lovely and very accomodating. I did get food poisoning from the beef burger though! :(

• 6th Sep 2014

I booked a room for 3 nights in the Happy Guesthouse. My stay was really nice. The staff is really cool and ready to help you for any request. They gave me a room behind the reception, so it was a little bit noisey. So I asked to change room, and when I came back from the Temples they had booked me another room more quiet. There is a nice bar/restaurant when you can eat some khmer and western food. They also serve breakfast. The location is perfect, 10 min walk from Pub street in a quiet aerea.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Really friendly, kind and helpful staff, they even allowed us to switch rooms at 6pm ! The rooms are clean and spacious, the communal area is comfy, wi-fi is good, and they have plenty of information about things to see and do. Food is good value too.

Friendly and helpful staff with a value for money room to boot. Provide a cheap, but good quality breakfast, and helped us with onward travel and Vietnam visas

Hotel staff weren't helpful at all. We asked to stay an extra night but they said they couldn't tell us if the room was available so we looked online and there were lots of rooms free so we decided to move across the road when we checked out they didn't want us to leave saying they had lots of rooms. The restaurant was absolutely riddled with cockroaches with two climbing on my legs within a minute if sitting down. Also huge bags of rice left lying around open. Not good would not recommend .

Great staff, great food. Very layback

• 30th May 2014
  • Taiwan

It is always very tricky when you are in the position of a tourist and people see you as a rich person. Cambodian people can be very lovely, like this family who own the hotel, as well our driver Mr. Tee; despite all that, they assumed that 5 dollars is not much of money for us because that is what they overcharged us after driving us around, even though we had agreed a different price. As I said, we are tourists, but we are not rich, 5 dollars is money for us. Have always the price noted down.

Very cosy place, nice and clean room. The manager was really nice and helpful, I organized my trip to Laos through her and all went really well. It was really hot when I was there (May) but the fan was enough at night, and I used the swimming pool next door during the day to cool off a bit.

• 7th May 2014

Greattt staff!! Food was good and the room was nice and big

I can not fault the Happy Guesthouse! Awesome room, very clean. Solid wifi. Mega good value for money - cheapest yet nicest double we've stayed in. Very helpful re Angor Wat - organised tuk tuk driver etc. Cheap food and nice chill out space in the front yard. Book it!