Happy Guest House

8.7
Fabulous 775 Total Reviews

28th May 2017
7.7

Not bad but not great. I was supposed to spend a week here but as a sole female college student I got bored and didn't feel comfortable going out past 7pm due to the location. Fine if you want a cheap room to yourself. Not as clean as other places. Also left keys to my room out in the open with no one monitoring so a little disappointing security wise.

• Northern Ireland, Couple, 25-30
27th May 2017

By far our favourite place we have stayed in the whole of southeast Asia!!! The private room was big and comfortable, spotless with great AC. The staff were so welcoming, friendly and helpful! It was a pleasure staying here! The food in the restaurant is incredibly and always freshly made! We sorted out our laundry, 2 days site seeing with our own tuk tuk driver (he was very lovely a great driver) and buses to phnom phen all through the reception! Loved it thank u all so much!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th May 2017

We had a great time at Happy Guest House! Our room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant and cozy- I recommend the fruit plate! The staff were really helpful and accommodating - a lot of them are still learning English but they seemed happy to be learning. Plus they set us up with a tuk-tuk driver who we absolutely loved! I really liked that we could keep a tab of our expenses there so we paid our bill for our room, food, and laundry all at once - super convenient!

1st May 2017

Amazingly friendly staff, reasonably priced food. Visited early May and the fan room was extremely hot, definitely should have got AC. No lack of tuktuk drivers who hover around the hotel restaurant.

• England, Female, 31-40
16th Apr 2017
8.0

Staff were friendly, only a tuk ride away from the main pub street area but only 5 mins. The staff arranged for a tour in a Tuk Tuk around the temples which included sunrise and also our bus tickets to our next destination which saved us a lot of hassle and also was very good value for money. Although not in the main busy area it's a very good hostel, food is nice and cheap with the rooms also nice with A/c and can, and can use a pool near by. 😊😊

6th Apr 2017

Very nice staff, super accomodating even when we arrived at 4am, we were able to check in right away and weren't even charged an extra night! The food is good in the restaurant, and the relaxed vibe is great. Not too social, from what we saw, but we didn't feel like we were alone in the hostel either. Their tuk tuk drivers are all pretty awesome, had some good laughs with them.

5th Mar 2017
7.4

Not a bad hostel; little expensive for having a private room with no AC. Restaurant and staff were great though!

• Taiwan, Female, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

Great staff, facilities and food. I'll definitely choose it again next time I visit Siem Reap and recommend it to other budget travelers.

• ToneyandRhianna
  • USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017
6.0

All was decent until the last day. If you eat there or get a drink, the hostel likes to have you give them your room # & charge you at the end. I don't like to do that, as you can easily lose track of spending & $$. I made sure to pay after every meal except for two, the last dinner and breakfast. I go to check out, and they say I have a way higher balance then I had written down. Basically the lady said that If I didn't pay her, I didn't pay anyone. It was a scam. GET RECEIPTS if you pay ahead!