Happy Guest House Reviews

0134 Phum Wat Bo, Khum Salakomreuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Excellent: very friendly and useful staff, locks for everything even though there is not a lot of space to store valuables; Very good: location a bit outside the busy area but quiet and services around. They have computers, wifi, restaurant area with plenty of seats but the fan was not enough in our room even though I usually sleep without A/C. The value for your buck is very good considering everything and the food at the restaurant too!

Nice restaurant for a good price! Smoothies were so good! They take good care of you while you are there. We did the laundry service but we had to ask to get all our clothes back, a few were missing... eventually they found it! And booked a few things through them, but the directions they gave us were a bit off... eventually found it but 30min later. We left with a happy feeling afterwards. :)

The best part of this hostel is the lounge/ restaurant area. Everything I ate there was good and fairly priced. The staff were very nice. The only strange part was that the staff sleep in the hallways and there was a man randomly sleeping on a mattress outside me room. I'm not saying I felt particularly unsafe, but it startled me when we first got there at night. One time in Cambodia was enough for me, so I shan't be returning- but I DO recommend this place!

Staff are helpful with local info. Tuk tuk drivers who work with hostel can be a bit persistent, even though you know they are just doing their jobs. Rooms are spacious and restaurant is pretty good and affordable. Great value for money.

I am not all happy with the Happy Guest House staff as they sold us a bus ticket with GOLD VIP busses to Phnon Phen for 10 us$ ..we were told that is was a luxury bus , instead we we're put on a very old night-bus with no toilet and no aircon !!! also it took us almost 9 hours instead of the scheduled 6 hours ... when we asked around about what other (very unhappy) passengers had payed then then prices were between 6 and 12 $ . Hopefully Happy GH will stop working together with these scammer !

The bed has bugs...:(

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic Staff and I mean FANTASTIC !!!!!

Lovely guesthouse with the most fantastic staff

there's no WiFi in room and so many mosquito in public area.

Loved the location - a quiet road on a hill with a beautiful view. Staff was super friendly and really always smiling. I recommend booking the motorcycle country tour thru the hostel - I don't know how it compares pricewise to others, but we had a ball. Best complimentary breakfast too, an omelet with crusty baguette and coffee. Would recommend!

Staff were lovely and very accomodating. I did get food poisoning from the beef burger though! :(

• 6th Sep 2014

I booked a room for 3 nights in the Happy Guesthouse. My stay was really nice. The staff is really cool and ready to help you for any request. They gave me a room behind the reception, so it was a little bit noisey. So I asked to change room, and when I came back from the Temples they had booked me another room more quiet. There is a nice bar/restaurant when you can eat some khmer and western food. They also serve breakfast. The location is perfect, 10 min walk from Pub street in a quiet aerea.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Really friendly, kind and helpful staff, they even allowed us to switch rooms at 6pm ! The rooms are clean and spacious, the communal area is comfy, wi-fi is good, and they have plenty of information about things to see and do. Food is good value too.

Friendly and helpful staff with a value for money room to boot. Provide a cheap, but good quality breakfast, and helped us with onward travel and Vietnam visas