Happy Homestay Reviews

5/3 Ba Trieu street, Da Lat, Vietnam

Binh was the perfect host. He was very kind and helpful and did everything to let us feel happy. It was very nice to have local food with him and other guests. He gave us discount on our motorbike when we bought too much fuel. The hotel is not right in the centre but you can still easily walk there and it's close to the crazy house. Our room's window opened to a wall...

Bin was definitely the highlight of our time at Happy Homestay. He was so helpful, funny and friendly - even when we woke him up after midnight to let us into the house! He organised motorbikes and tours for us without any hassle, recommended places to visit and where to eat in the area - plus he took a group of us out to a local restaurant for a real Vietnamese meal one night. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable - we would definitely stay here again.

I stayed at Happy homestay for two night with my girl friend. Mr. Bin and his family were lovely, welcoming and helped us in every way possible. We were very lucky enough on their final day of renovations and stayed in one of the newly renovated suites. Overall the entire stay and experience in Da Lac was great especially the trekking tour we went on with Dragon! Highly recommended.

Hostel located outside of the main area about a 15 minute walk to the city centre away and from all the karaoke bars. Rooms were large with clean bathrooms and they only issue was that a brick wall was built hard up against them. The family who runs the hostel were very friendly and helpful. You can rent a motorbike from the front desk.

A very enjoyable stay! The family who runs it is very friendly and helpful, they even organized all the guests to go out together for some Christmas hot pot. The bed was the most comfortable one I slept on during my entire trip!

Unbelievably friendly staff in Happy Homestay. Always extremely polite and welcoming. They never hesitate to help you when booking buses/tours etc. Had to stay an extra couple of nights because of an injury and they were so considerate. Even offered to bring me to the doctor. This isn't the type of place that has a bar/restaurant/swimming pool but when the staff are this good and the place is such good value for money - I wouldn't stay anywhere else. 5 stars.

We loved this place. Room was enormous, great value for money. Lovely location tucked in behind one of the main streets (couldn't hear any street noise from our room), easy walk to everything. The gentleman behind the desk 'Binh' was so hospitable - he took a group of us out for dinner to try some local cuisine one night, loved it! Would happily stay again.

Binh who owns the hostel is very friendly and will go out of his way to make your stay comfortable and advise on things to do. He has been known to go for a bite to eat with guests as well, to get to know them better - what a hero! And not forgetting his superstar mum who brought coffee and biscuits. The room (shared 3) was a nice size with en suite and facilities all clean and close walking distance to central areas of the city. This place is not called Happy for nothing and I would recommend!

Lovely, friendly staff and binh, the owner, is very helpful and brought a few of us out for an authentic meal and booked the airport shuttle for me which was great. It is a 10min walk from the centre of things which was fine but the lane that the hostel was in has poor lighting which is an issue as a solo female traveller after dark. I ended up getting taxis from the centre which was fine. For $10, I got a big, clean double room, hot shower and comfy bed.

The room is very nice with a clean bathroom, very well equiped and cosy. We feel at home here. The homekeepers are very adorable and and interesting, we did the Canyoning tour they offer and it was awesome.

One of my favorites hostels in Vietnam. Bin is more than a hotel owner who would do everything to make sure everyone have fun, took us to local restaurant for dinner then went to some bars around. The hostel is very clean with hot shower and just 5 mins to the centre. Should recommend everyone to come here.

Very nice hostel, the man who runs it is helpful, kind, and funny. He will even take you out and show you some places to eat where the locals go!

Best hostel in Vietnam, 5 mins to the centre, room was very clean and cosy, staff speak excellent English and very helpful.

Exzellent service, very friendly and helpfully with all our questions ‎ for sightseeing. Room have been perfectly furnished for our travelling.‎ Binh, the Manager and owner wet with us out for dinner. Also his family, so friendly and we had a very good conversation this evening. I devinitely recommend this Hostel for your stay in Dalat.

We chose this based on reviews and were slightly disappointed. The location was in a back lane and between the school outside, the 3am roosters crowing and a noisy neighbor who blared Viet music from 5:30am onward, we did not get much sleep unfortunately. Binh was nice enough although recommended a terrible restaurant (strange?). We checked out the next morning and went somewhere else.

Loveliest staff, comfiest bed, felt very much at home in this homestay, location wasn't the best - I couldn't find much surrounding the town but I wasn't there for long and it was a nice peaceful place to stay, walls are thin though so be prepared to hear everything/anything

This hostel is okie. I travel with my honey I quite happy with this service. I'll come back when I travel Da Lat City

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

The family who own the hostel were very friendly and hospitable, and Binh was really helpful whenever we had any questions. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I'll definitely be going back when I'm next in Dalat.

My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights. The owner was kind and helpful. He gave us a local map and helped us book a tour of the countryside. He even offered us his own personal umbrella for when it rained. We were given a room with 3 double beds when we only booked one, which was great for the space, but the room itself was damp and musty, making it hard to stay inside for any long period of time. Had to sleep with the window open all night and were kept awake by fighting dogs and crowing roosters.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Helped us organise a canyoning tour which is a must if you're in Dalat. Rooms were very nice and clean.