Happy Homestay Reviews

5/3 Ba Trieu street, Da Lat, Vietnam

Lovely, friendly staff and binh, the owner, is very helpful and brought a few of us out for an authentic meal and booked the airport shuttle for me which was great. It is a 10min walk from the centre of things which was fine but the lane that the hostel was in has poor lighting which is an issue as a solo female traveller after dark. I ended up getting taxis from the centre which was fine. For $10, I got a big, clean double room, hot shower and comfy bed.

The room is very nice with a clean bathroom, very well equiped and cosy. We feel at home here. The homekeepers are very adorable and and interesting, we did the Canyoning tour they offer and it was awesome.

One of my favorites hostels in Vietnam. Bin is more than a hotel owner who would do everything to make sure everyone have fun, took us to local restaurant for dinner then went to some bars around. The hostel is very clean with hot shower and just 5 mins to the centre. Should recommend everyone to come here.

Very nice hostel, the man who runs it is helpful, kind, and funny. He will even take you out and show you some places to eat where the locals go!

Best hostel in Vietnam, 5 mins to the centre, room was very clean and cosy, staff speak excellent English and very helpful.

Exzellent service, very friendly and helpfully with all our questions ‎ for sightseeing. Room have been perfectly furnished for our travelling.‎ Binh, the Manager and owner wet with us out for dinner. Also his family, so friendly and we had a very good conversation this evening. I devinitely recommend this Hostel for your stay in Dalat.

We chose this based on reviews and were slightly disappointed. The location was in a back lane and between the school outside, the 3am roosters crowing and a noisy neighbor who blared Viet music from 5:30am onward, we did not get much sleep unfortunately. Binh was nice enough although recommended a terrible restaurant (strange?). We checked out the next morning and went somewhere else.

Loveliest staff, comfiest bed, felt very much at home in this homestay, location wasn't the best - I couldn't find much surrounding the town but I wasn't there for long and it was a nice peaceful place to stay, walls are thin though so be prepared to hear everything/anything

This hostel is okie. I travel with my honey I quite happy with this service. I'll come back when I travel Da Lat City

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

The family who own the hostel were very friendly and hospitable, and Binh was really helpful whenever we had any questions. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I'll definitely be going back when I'm next in Dalat.

My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights. The owner was kind and helpful. He gave us a local map and helped us book a tour of the countryside. He even offered us his own personal umbrella for when it rained. We were given a room with 3 double beds when we only booked one, which was great for the space, but the room itself was damp and musty, making it hard to stay inside for any long period of time. Had to sleep with the window open all night and were kept awake by fighting dogs and crowing roosters.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Helped us organise a canyoning tour which is a must if you're in Dalat. Rooms were very nice and clean.

We had a wonderful time staying at Happy Hostel. Binh is a ray of sunshine, always smiling and ready to offer advice. He took us to his favourite restaurant where we enjoyed a lovely traditional meal for just over a dollar. The hostel is clean and the staff smile constantly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend it. Dalat is beautiful and the pace of life is much less hectic than in most Vietnamese cities. Thanks so much Binh. Hope to see you again. Ryan and Lucy

A great stay here, the owner was very friendly and helpful! Rooms are comfortable and clean (although patterns on bedding is a bit outdated!). A 5-10minute walk into the centre of town. Beware the rooster that wakes up very early!

The owner is amazing so friendly and such a babe.

The owner of Happy Hostel mister Binh is indeed probably the most happy person you'll meet in Vietnam. The rooms in Happy Hostel are nice and clean and staff is friendly. Though the Hostel isn't really near by the town centre and there aren't facilities to eat or drink.

Best hostel on our travel through Vietnam. A family business that make you feel you are staying at friends place. No worry’s the hotel manger Binh will organize everything and speaks excellent English - thanks again it was pleasure to stay at the Happy Hostel. The rooms are good price and big. Shower is working and clean – perfect. The position is 5min. from the center and you can get all kind of great tours directly from the hostel. Always again.

• 20th Jul 2014

Wonderfully pleasant staff and super clean rooms. Good location.

Great value for Money!!! Binh is a really nice guy, who welcomed us friendly and helped us with booking a bus for going to Nha trang. The one we wanted was already full, so he called all the other operators for us. The Hostel is not in the backpacker center, but it is just a 5min walk to get there. And therefore the location is quiet at night. Moreover it has a warm shower, which is about all you need after a day of canyoning!! (We heard that is not common in all the hostels in Da lat)

This small family run hostel is excellent value. It's managed by a great guy called Binh. He is kind, friendly and very helpful with whatever you need. His parents are also very nice people. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Located within walking distance from the town center, the Cathedral and the Crazy House.