Happy Hostel Reviews

Kurzgasse 2, Vienna, Austria

The staff here are really friendly and the location is good. The whole place is really good value for money but is a little unclean and you can only get wifi in reception. Perhaps not somewhere to go if you want to meet other travellers.

I like the hostel is close to the main train station and that the owners are very nice, speak English well and are trully hospitable. I enjoyed that we had a suite with our own bathroom, living room and kitchen. However, I think that this place needs to be renovated, especially metal bunk beds that are squicky at night and people can wake you when they toss around. Some people also complained about the smell online, I think if the elements should bescrubbed down and/or replaced,

It's basically a few (creaky) bunk beds in an apartment, so there's a kitchen and nice bathroom. Big lockers in the living room, and decent wifi everywhere. Staff is okay, they do their job and that's it. Everything is decently clean.

It was our second time there. Basically everything was OK, it's a friendly little place 5 mins from the train station. Our only gripe was breakfast: when we complained afterwards, saying we thought it wasn't worth 4 euros (no veggies, no lemon juice, no fresh rolls), we were told that we should have informed them the previous day about our "extra requests". So if you want breakfast, beware: it may well turn out that what's basic to you is considered an extra here.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

The only thing good about this place is that it is close to the train station. Other then that the staff were not very friendly or helpfull. There is no common room or way to meet other travelers. The shower had some mold in it. The wifi only worked sometimes and even when it was you had to be in just the right spot for it to work. I would not stay there again.

The room was not clean at had a very poor atmosphere, would not recommend it at all.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

I would recommend this hostel due to great location to Westbahnhof. Lovely staff. Good breakfast in price of 4 €.

Calm and peaceful, not too bad. If you like party hostel, definitely not.

The appartment was very spacious and the hosts excellent

Happy Hostel was perfectly good, fairly quiet and certainly good value for money, with friendly staff (and a pair of parrots!). I'd happily stay there again.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

All that a young couple needs for staying at Wien a couple of nights with a really good price.

• 30th May 2014
  • Spain

Great Hostel! I really liked the room: it was huge with comfortable furniture. It almost felt like home not like a hostel. Staff was helpful and friendly.The location is perfect. :) I would 100% recommend it.

I would like to thank all the staff there and I really enjoyed so much staying at the hostel. For next time time I will definitely come to happy hostel

• 20th May 2014
  • Egypt

Very shabby looking hostel, feels unloved and in need of a makeover. Location very close to Westbahnhof and 25 minutes walk to old city.

Perfect location and friendly staff but not elevator and corridors and stairs not well cleaned.

As others have commented, if you want a place to meet people, this isn't the best hostel. But if you're traveling with friends or want a nice quiet place to stay, this is a great option.

We couldn't have expected more than what has offered for the money that we paid. Even we had to stay one more night and there was no problem of booking in the same day with the same price. Many thanks to the owner, appreciated.

Nice individual kitchen, very good.

Thank you very much! We had a great stay in your hostel. :)

Our room was smelling constantly of smoke and something i can't really describe...The bathroom was stinking all the time and it didn't seem like they cleaned our room or our bathroom during the three days we were staying there. The worst: the toilet seat was literally falling apart into 3 pieces! I couln't stand being in the bathroom! :-(