Happy Hostel Reviews

Kurzgasse 2, Vienna, Austria

More like a B&B than hostel. Top end of the main shopping area, about a 30 minute walk to the main tourist area. Nice place, clean, breakfasts bought in the hostel help those in need in Africa!

Spent five night at HappyHostel during the Eurovision Week and I'm definitely glad I did! Clean, cozy and easily reachable, not to mention the relative proximity to my main target (the Wiener Stadthalle arena)! Great choice if you, like me, plan on staying in the hotel just to sleep and wash up. Price was OK (but I booked fairly late and, as I said, Eurovision Week ---> whole city booked in).

• 15th May 2015

Excellent hostel, good location, Mariahilfe strasse is getting perfect pedestrian area, very pleasant to pass through.

dierties place i've ever been. i wasn't able to touch any suface or use kitchen. everything was sticky and there were hair evrywher. unpolite woman at reception. no linen in the bed, and they try to convice us that is normal (and i'm not talking about nordic bed, just linen was missing). will never go back there no wifi in the room.

• 11th Apr 2015

Toilet was broken, and it couldn't be repaired because I arrived on Friday night. The staff did offer me a different room, but not a single room like the one I had booked. My room was very spacious and it even had its own kitchen, bathroom and dining area (and even another single room within the single room! I couldn't figure out how to get hot water from my shower though.

• 10th Apr 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful and location was right next to main metro station. The room setup with the private kitchen was nice, however it was very dirty and there was food that had been left there for some time and really made it Smell. The bathrooms were moldy as well. If cleaned thoroughly this Could be a very good hostel.

It was freezing in my room but blanket was warm so it was impossible to sleep but not to hang in the room. Internet did not work well during those two days which I spend in the hostel. It was easy to find the hostel because of your good guidelines on the internet.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Finland

Happy Hostel was a perfect hostel- good location, friendly staff and helpful with maps/luggage storage. I would definitely recommend it to others, as well as stay again if I am in Vienna.