Happy Hostel

• Cammy14100
  • Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Aug 2017
8.0

Great place, very close to Westbahnhof Railway Station. Good facilities for cooking and very clean place. Overall quite a good stay.

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
6.9

Good hostel. You get a nice big party. One of the staffs were rude. The others were very nice. Theres no soap in the bathroom and the rooms are a bit dirty.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
1st Aug 2017
4.3

The shower is horrible! The room was so hot, so hot! They are not prepared for the summer Dont have a Nice area to stay during The evening

31st Jul 2017
6.6

Decent hostel close to Westbahnhof. We had an apartment for our stay. Pros: the apartment was very spacious, the bathroom had been recently renovated, no problems with hot water, the kitchen had all necessary appliances, utensils etc. Cons: internet only at reception, only one plug was working in the whole apartment, furniture and floors were old and not very clean. It's worth staying if you need a kitchen. Otherwise you might want to reconsider as they seem to have problems with hot water.

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
4.0

Really dirty and run down. Had to clean the room ourselves when we got there as it was thick with dust. Under the beds weren't clean and there was mouldy food that had clearly been there a few weeks left in a pot on the hob. Everything was falling apart. Not good value for money at all.

• AKKuivanen
  • Finland, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
8.0

More like a hotel than a hostel, only private rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful, got a map where they marked all important places. Our room was bigger than we booked and with a private bathroom, so we got a free upgrade. One of the beds collapsed when my sister sit on it. Only half of the stove worked, other half made the automatic fuse turn off. The fridge was really noisy, also the walls were thin so we heard our neighbours loud and clear. Still nice, cheap experience.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

Have only stayed at 3 or 4 hostels so not a lot of knowledge of them however this is the best hostel of them all. I stayed in a 6 all male dorm. There was a shower block next door with three showers in and were the best showers of any hostel, the beds were comfy with good bedding and plump pillows. Great atmosphere and helpful staff. You can get a free sandwich for breakfast between 8-10 am although I never did. Location was PERFECT as very central, staff can also help with booking excursion!

• tusharsapkal7278
  • England, Male, 31-40
11th Jul 2017
5.4

I had a very horrible check in process. I had booked the place as it allowed me to check in at 10 AM,I turned up at 10AM with my luggage, I was treated very rudely by the reception staff. I was kinda told off for checking so early and the previous night guest wr still not checked out. I was told to be back after 1 or 2 hours. So I left. To my surprise when I was back after 2 hours my room was allocated to some other guest as they thought I didn't turn up for my booking 😡. Horrible experience 😡

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2017

Excellent hostel, I stayed in a one bedroom apartment and was impressed that there was a stove, oven, microwave, and fridge. The freezer part of the fridge was so iced up that it was unusable and the wifi was very spotty in the apartment but everything else was great.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jul 2017
6.6

Not so much a hostel but serviced apartments. We were specifically looking for a hostel in order to meet people, however this was not the kind of place. Other reviews have mentioned a common room but I walked every floor and there was none, only an eating space. Staff did their jobs and the place was always fairly clean. Location is good near the major train station. Overall, a fine place to stay but experienced neither happy nor hostel vibes from this place.