Happy Hostel Reviews

Kurzgasse 2, Vienna, Austria

We had a great stay at the hostel.The staff was really kind and helpfull and the hostel itself is in the great location.Would definately recommend this place to my friends who travell to Vienna.

Yes, great and quite location. This is budget hotel/hostel so adjust your expectations . I had a separate very little bedroom, kitchen, bathroom! it was clean and everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Romania
  • Couple, 41+

I booked a dorm room this time. There was only one bathroom for 2 rooms (8 people) so it can get crowdy in the morning. It's very clean. Also, my bed was already made when I arrived which is a big plus because I got a top bunk bed and didn't have to bother with it. Beds are surprisingly comfy. No common room in the hostel, only for people who booked dorm rooms. My only downside is not enough sockets, please buy an extension cord for every room, people want to charge their phones.

Having a kitchen was really nice as it meant we were able to eat cheaply as there was a supermarket just down the road. The room was a good size and very homely.

The staff were really nice. There was a new woman who is very friendly and seemed really good as she was new. The room was laid out with like a flat, one of the biggest out of all the hostels I've stopped in. Big dining area, bathroom with bath, and kitchen. Very nice.

Nice hostel hostel, staff very nice. However not a massively sociable place as no common room or lobby. But other than that, friendly staff and clean, well equipped facilities.

The staff here are really friendly and the location is good. The whole place is really good value for money but is a little unclean and you can only get wifi in reception. Perhaps not somewhere to go if you want to meet other travellers.

I like the hostel is close to the main train station and that the owners are very nice, speak English well and are trully hospitable. I enjoyed that we had a suite with our own bathroom, living room and kitchen. However, I think that this place needs to be renovated, especially metal bunk beds that are squicky at night and people can wake you when they toss around. Some people also complained about the smell online, I think if the elements should bescrubbed down and/or replaced,

It's basically a few (creaky) bunk beds in an apartment, so there's a kitchen and nice bathroom. Big lockers in the living room, and decent wifi everywhere. Staff is okay, they do their job and that's it. Everything is decently clean.

It was our second time there. Basically everything was OK, it's a friendly little place 5 mins from the train station. Our only gripe was breakfast: when we complained afterwards, saying we thought it wasn't worth 4 euros (no veggies, no lemon juice, no fresh rolls), we were told that we should have informed them the previous day about our "extra requests". So if you want breakfast, beware: it may well turn out that what's basic to you is considered an extra here.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

The only thing good about this place is that it is close to the train station. Other then that the staff were not very friendly or helpfull. There is no common room or way to meet other travelers. The shower had some mold in it. The wifi only worked sometimes and even when it was you had to be in just the right spot for it to work. I would not stay there again.

The room was not clean at had a very poor atmosphere, would not recommend it at all.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

I would recommend this hostel due to great location to Westbahnhof. Lovely staff. Good breakfast in price of 4 €.

Calm and peaceful, not too bad. If you like party hostel, definitely not.

The appartment was very spacious and the hosts excellent

Happy Hostel was perfectly good, fairly quiet and certainly good value for money, with friendly staff (and a pair of parrots!). I'd happily stay there again.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Stayed for couple of nights with my friend here during May-June 2014 and we liked this hostel alot! The hostel is very close to the railway station and there's good connections to downtown nearby. The facilities were clean and the staff were very polite to us (we were supposed to stay in a dorm room but instead got a private 2 bed room with the same price as what we payed for the dorm!)

All that a young couple needs for staying at Wien a couple of nights with a really good price.

• 30th May 2014
  • Spain

Great Hostel! I really liked the room: it was huge with comfortable furniture. It almost felt like home not like a hostel. Staff was helpful and friendly.The location is perfect. :) I would 100% recommend it.

I would like to thank all the staff there and I really enjoyed so much staying at the hostel. For next time time I will definitely come to happy hostel

• 20th May 2014