Happy Inn Lodge Reviews

Rosenstrasse 17, Interlaken, Switzerland

Great hostel and really cheap (considering it is Switzerland). But you have to be aware that there is a bar in the first floor, so if you are really bothered by noise you may have some issues to sleep before 10 pm, otherwise, go for it. The food in the bar is great and the beers to.

Dealing with staff was quite difficult as only one person was manning the busy bar (which is incidentally also their reception desk), and some of the showers had poor hot water availability. Room itself was clean and homely, and the hostel is well-located near the main (West) train station.

I really like this hostel, staff was very friendly as week as the other people staying there. It's in an old building which was a plus for me since I'm not into modern designs.

Interlaken is such a small city that location doesn't matter, but the hostel itself was ok. Rooms were very small, I had a six person room that seemed like it could fit maybe 4 max. Bathrooms were certainly above average though. The bar underneath was insanely expensive (most of Switzerland is), and it was pretty loud until about midnight or 1 AM. Wifi was absolute garbage, but not a big deal since we were just looking for a bed.

Absolutely wonderful stay. Despite being the off season in Interlaken, the hostel was impeccably maintained and was our only safe haven from the tourist traps outside. The food at the restaurant was delicious (and reasonably priced, considering the prices at restaurants nearby). Our bed was comfortable and our room was warm. Our only complaint was that the bartenders/waiters/hostel staff all-in-one employees were often so busy that we often had to wait a long time for service. Hire more staff!

• 20th Jan 2016

Hostel staff were great and helpful, and the location/building itself was also decent. Most of the other guests at the hotel seemed rather content in sticking to themselves so don't necessarily expect to easily meet new people. Other than that, really good

• 17th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff really did make this hostel, always more hen happy to explain anything about the town or surrounding activities. Would recommend

Music and noise from restaurant / bar very loud and continues to around 1am. Interfered with our sleep.

I love this lodge very much, all the staff are so good and nice, I still hear their laugh voice and see their smile face. I also remember the live music with great atomsphere in whole lodge. I like this hotel and tell them through you, I love them.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • China

Due to the Paris blasts, we couldn't make it in time and instead of understanding our situation, which we intimated them well in time on the 14th(before our checkin time), they deducted one night booking for us. It's like holding us responsible for not cancelling on time, but sorry we didnt know in time that there would be blasts 24 hours ago to inform them timely. NOT DONE, very insensitive

• 14th Nov 2015
  • India

The reviews so far are pretty spot on. Staff are great, as a solo female traveller I felt really comfortable and welcomed at happy inn. Beds kinda suck, but you'd have to be super particular to loose sleep over this. Rooms are a tad small for 6 people. I found shower temperature is ok in the morning but goes hot/cold at night. Overall would definitely recommend happy inn to my friends, and would stay again!

The hostel is located close to Interlaken West, so quite central, close to the Lidl and other supermarkets. Staff is very friendly. The place is located above a bar which comes with the necessary noise. There were some live concerts which ran until midnight. I brought earplugs and was worn out from a hike so it didn't bother me but I feel obligated to mention this. The floor is pretty weak so the lockers make noise when you walk or when the washing machine is running. I would visit again though.

The hostel was great. Its an old building, so there are a lot of noise from the floor and beds, but it was expected before. The staff is great, very happy and kindly. The bathroom are very clean. In the kitchen there is no cooker, but there is a electric pan, so you can do a pasta or rice. We recommend this hostel, it's cheaper than others and is good.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Everything is ok. Would be better if everyone has plug for each bed.

Really really nice staffs. Hot water and shower pressure is fine

recommended

Super friendly staff, clean, kitchenette, and good food in the pub downstairs. I really enjoyed my stay there.

This hostel was really good! Beds were comfortable and the wifi works amazingly! The showers were ok- the pressure was good! Just goes hot and cold a lot. The staff are so lovely and helpful and the location is really really good! Kitchen doesn't have cooking facilities which was average. But we got a 6 bedroom dorm to just the two of us. Not a good hostel for meeting people and there were a lot of older people there. But it's clean, comfortable and was easy to get to everywhere.

Happy Inn Lodge is run by a team of serial optimists. These people somehow were bartending and waiting tables at the same time as they were managing the hostel reception. Not sure how they did it, but they did. The bar downstairs had a really friendly atmosphere, with great music playing. The proprietors even managed to remember my name from when I checked in all the way until I checked out. Will definitely consider returning if/when I return to Interlaken.

Loved this inn because it was a nice change from the party hostels I'd been staying in elsewhere in Europe. The inn is located right above a cozy bar/restaurant with a jolly and helpful staff. They helped me get situated and plan my two days in Interlaken. The wifi was reliable, and the bathrooms/showers plentiful and clean. However, the rooms are extremely cramped and the mattresses really uncomfortable (coming from someone who doesn't mind sleeping on the floor).