Happy Snail Hostel Reviews

Block 147 Silat Avenue #01-32, Singapore, Singapore

If was a pleasant stay, we liked the atmosphere and the toast breakfast and the always cool drinks option. The owner Mike was fun and friendly and helpful.

Was super cool. Very chilled atmosphere. WOuld definetly go there again :)

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Had a great stay here for two nights. Mike is a wonderful host and a charming man. He allowed me to use his phone to call my next hostel in Malaysia free of charge which was very kind. He is not there all of the time and it I found it strange being in a hostel with no staff at times, however he was always contactable and there was a phone to use free to do so. The wifi was great and I enjoyed the free bread and jam etc. it is a bit of a walk to get to the MRT but there are plenty of buses.

This was my first hostel on my trip. I had a late flight in to Singapore and the owner gave clear instructions on how to enter after hours. The bed was made and ready for me to fall asleep in. The facilities of Happy Snail hostel were very good and they had all day breakfast. This quite a compact place but very pleasant. They have discounted deals for some of the bush attractions around the place which is good. Mike doesn't stay at the hostel for long but is very pleasant and helpful.

The owner was great. He had discounted tickets for most of the places you can go, and had a lot of information about what to do in the city. He was only there for about six hours a day, so if you have questions later, it can be a little inconvenient, but you can always call.

Very clean place, including the bathrooms. Small but very organized. Good breakfast and the owner (Mike) is very friendly. Big beds (all of them with unique plugs!) and good air con. I strongly recommend this hostel if you have some days in Singapore to discover the places and do not want to spend so much with acommodation.

• 25th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay here for the money. I had a late check-in but Mike was helpful all the way! The hostel is nicely kept. Can't let the little flying insects in the bathroom bother you because this is humid Singapore. I've no complaints really. The people I met were nice and the hostel is easy to get to with the bus right outside to take you to the MRT station (which Mike also helps you with the elink card). I'd stay here again because it was comfortable. Free jam & bread that helps the budget!

Excellent hostel. I really couldn't have asked for a better place here in Singapore. As a solo traveller, you want a place where you feel comfortable meeting people and this was the ideal place. I met some great people who I explored the city with. The hostel was so clean and really great to have free breakfast all day! Thanks Mike for everything!

This hostel has everything you need. Mike, the owner, is very nice. There're instructions and some helpful information for traveling around. The hostel is a bit far but still can walk to China town.

• 27th May 2015
  • Thailand

Very nice hostel to stay in, facilities perfect, free and unlimited bread/tea/shower/etc 24/7. Beware, it's very small - only 3 bedrooms. If you like the setting of very small hostels to just easily talk to other guests - go here. It's quite far (1.5km) from the metro. But if you don't mind finding out busses to go anywhere (and they are perfect in Singapore if you plan well), then just go here.

• 22nd May 2015

Best hostel ive stayed at on my RWT. The owner, Mike, is an amazing guy. Common area is small, but possible to still hang around other backpackers. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Great hostel, super fun, coming back to happy snail for sure! The owner is a legend

Awesome Hostel. Awesome Mike. Thanks for everyting!

• 5th May 2015

It was a very clean, comfortable and well-kept hostel. The only thing it lacked was the "hostel vibe" where you meet other travelers and go out to eat or drink together and then hang out in the common area. I really enjoyed my stay but I would suggest making the common hang out area more inviting or larger if possible.

• 2nd May 2015

It was a really cosy hostel with easy breakfast options and good wifi and air conditioning. It's a short walk to the MRT but there's buses everywhere. Would recommend staying here if you're heading to Singapore!

Everything was awesome. The bed is comfortable, the hostel is clean. Free toast, nutella, jam for the whole day. Mike is really friendly and the most helpful hoatel stuff I have ever met. Next time I am in Singapore will not need to find a hostel. I already have found the perfect one.

Great hostel. Great atmosphere. Small enough so people can chat with each other very easily. Clean. All things needed are there. Very good 'visual management system' where you know you can find the info you need if you read the right paper ;) I will come back next time I am in Singapore!

I loved my stay. Mike, the owner, is super friendly and helpful. Although not always around you can call him anytime and he'll help you either via phone or pop over as soon as possible. Provides MRT card: very helpful to use the public transport as cheap as possible. Free WiFi was stable, toast & peanut butter are there all day long so you could help yourself whenever you felt like it. ATM and food stalls just around the corner. MRT station bit of a walk, but bus closeby. Tiny and lovely hostel.

A bit small and it seems like it's in an apartment, but that's what makes it cozy. Free bread and spreads. Host can help you with all your questions. Good for a few nights.

Loved this hostel, having all day breakfast cut costs a lot! Mike was lovely and very helpful, the showers were great and really clean. Beds were so comfy, its not a party hostel but i didnt expect that in Singapore anyway, good atmosphere and nice to chill and watch films. The a bus stop across the road that takes you to the trainstation which is great, it was kind of hard to find but im not the best with directions! would stay here again it was a enjoyable experience.