Happy Snail Hostel Reviews

Block 147 Silat Avenue #01-32, Singapore, Singapore

Very clean place, including the bathrooms. Small but very organized. Good breakfast and the owner (Mike) is very friendly. Big beds (all of them with unique plugs!) and good air con. I strongly recommend this hostel if you have some days in Singapore to discover the places and do not want to spend so much with acommodation.

• 25th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay here for the money. I had a late check-in but Mike was helpful all the way! The hostel is nicely kept. Can't let the little flying insects in the bathroom bother you because this is humid Singapore. I've no complaints really. The people I met were nice and the hostel is easy to get to with the bus right outside to take you to the MRT station (which Mike also helps you with the elink card). I'd stay here again because it was comfortable. Free jam & bread that helps the budget!

Excellent hostel. I really couldn't have asked for a better place here in Singapore. As a solo traveller, you want a place where you feel comfortable meeting people and this was the ideal place. I met some great people who I explored the city with. The hostel was so clean and really great to have free breakfast all day! Thanks Mike for everything!

This hostel has everything you need. Mike, the owner, is very nice. There're instructions and some helpful information for traveling around. The hostel is a bit far but still can walk to China town.

• 27th May 2015
  • Thailand

Very nice hostel to stay in, facilities perfect, free and unlimited bread/tea/shower/etc 24/7. Beware, it's very small - only 3 bedrooms. If you like the setting of very small hostels to just easily talk to other guests - go here. It's quite far (1.5km) from the metro. But if you don't mind finding out busses to go anywhere (and they are perfect in Singapore if you plan well), then just go here.

• 22nd May 2015

Best hostel ive stayed at on my RWT. The owner, Mike, is an amazing guy. Common area is small, but possible to still hang around other backpackers. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Great hostel, super fun, coming back to happy snail for sure! The owner is a legend

Awesome Hostel. Awesome Mike. Thanks for everyting!

• 5th May 2015

It was a very clean, comfortable and well-kept hostel. The only thing it lacked was the "hostel vibe" where you meet other travelers and go out to eat or drink together and then hang out in the common area. I really enjoyed my stay but I would suggest making the common hang out area more inviting or larger if possible.

• 2nd May 2015

It was a really cosy hostel with easy breakfast options and good wifi and air conditioning. It's a short walk to the MRT but there's buses everywhere. Would recommend staying here if you're heading to Singapore!

Everything was awesome. The bed is comfortable, the hostel is clean. Free toast, nutella, jam for the whole day. Mike is really friendly and the most helpful hoatel stuff I have ever met. Next time I am in Singapore will not need to find a hostel. I already have found the perfect one.

Great hostel. Great atmosphere. Small enough so people can chat with each other very easily. Clean. All things needed are there. Very good 'visual management system' where you know you can find the info you need if you read the right paper ;) I will come back next time I am in Singapore!

I loved my stay. Mike, the owner, is super friendly and helpful. Although not always around you can call him anytime and he'll help you either via phone or pop over as soon as possible. Provides MRT card: very helpful to use the public transport as cheap as possible. Free WiFi was stable, toast & peanut butter are there all day long so you could help yourself whenever you felt like it. ATM and food stalls just around the corner. MRT station bit of a walk, but bus closeby. Tiny and lovely hostel.

A bit small and it seems like it's in an apartment, but that's what makes it cozy. Free bread and spreads. Host can help you with all your questions. Good for a few nights.

Loved this hostel, having all day breakfast cut costs a lot! Mike was lovely and very helpful, the showers were great and really clean. Beds were so comfy, its not a party hostel but i didnt expect that in Singapore anyway, good atmosphere and nice to chill and watch films. The a bus stop across the road that takes you to the trainstation which is great, it was kind of hard to find but im not the best with directions! would stay here again it was a enjoyable experience.

Mike is the best. Haven't met someone more helpful. Place has a mini mart and a food court in the complex so you don't have to go far. Keep in mind staff is only there from 9 to 3 but always reachable by the free local phone. Free on demand movies, excellent Wi-Fi, and a computer you can use if you want. Several bus lines right outside the complex. I booked only 3 days at first, but ended up staying for 2 weeks.

All day breakfast with jam, peanut butter and nutella. Free coffee and tea. Washing machine. Rooms might be a bit small but not too bad and equipped with ac. Mike is great and really helpful with any kings of questions and requests.

• 27th Mar 2015

This was a gret place to stay for our short trip to Singapore! We stayed in the 4 bed room which was great! The beds are nice and big and the free breakfast and tea were a wonderful bonus! Great people and awesome staff who had all the information to help us out. Another bonus was the discouted tickets which saved us money! =)

• 26th Mar 2015

Even better than expected!

Great hostel! Mike as a host is very warm and helpful. The rate is fantastic, and a bus ride away from Chinatown. It's good that they have food lying around the hostel.