Happy Snail Hostel Reviews

Block 147 Silat Avenue #01-32, Singapore, Singapore

Really great hostel. Owner was extremely helpful and really friendly. Great facilities, clean and air conditioned in hot and humid Singapore. Wifi is great. Good deals to attractions. Plenty of tourist info available. Buses outside, short walk to mrt station and there's even a small hawker stall downstairs for food!

Clean hostel, actually it's a small apartment and it feels like home. Free toast, jam, peanut butter and nutella the whole day. Very friendly and welcoming owner. A great place to recommend.

lovely and helpful owner family, well organized hostel, always clean and very central located, close to chinatwon, 10min to MRT station, 1min to reach a lot of bus stations, 1min to a local food corner, thanks for that great place!

Great prices for in-hostel services (eg. Laundry, towel rental). Wifi is awesome. Nice and laid back. Not a noisy party place. Great inexpensive food close by. Good location for getting inexpensive taxis to the city or to the train station. Friendly owner. Will stay here again.

• 17th Aug 2015

this was one of the best hostel i stayed. I have to say, this is my fifth month I am traveling and stayed in many different hostels. I wouldn't call Happy Snails as hostel, I'd call it "Home". It's a small apartment and feels like home. Mike owner is such a nice guy! When I first arrived, he welcomed me and explained everything. The room was clean and bed was made for me. I did had cash on me; still Mike allowed me to stay and pay tomorrow. I would come back in a heartbeat.

Owners of the hostel are amazing. Air conditioning, laundry, washrooms and unlimited free bread, Nutella and peanut butter are all a plus. Place is probably the cleanest hostel I've been ! Location is not the greatest but definitely manageable. Pretty good cafeteria right downstairs. Would definitely recommend this place.

Good hostel. The staff is really nice. Recommended.

Really great place!

If was a pleasant stay, we liked the atmosphere and the toast breakfast and the always cool drinks option. The owner Mike was fun and friendly and helpful.

mit`s really impressive hot this hostel run through uito

Was super cool. Very chilled atmosphere. WOuld definetly go there again :)

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Had a great stay here for two nights. Mike is a wonderful host and a charming man. He allowed me to use his phone to call my next hostel in Malaysia free of charge which was very kind. He is not there all of the time and it I found it strange being in a hostel with no staff at times, however he was always contactable and there was a phone to use free to do so. The wifi was great and I enjoyed the free bread and jam etc. it is a bit of a walk to get to the MRT but there are plenty of buses.

This was my first hostel on my trip. I had a late flight in to Singapore and the owner gave clear instructions on how to enter after hours. The bed was made and ready for me to fall asleep in. The facilities of Happy Snail hostel were very good and they had all day breakfast. This quite a compact place but very pleasant. They have discounted deals for some of the bush attractions around the place which is good. Mike doesn't stay at the hostel for long but is very pleasant and helpful.

The owner was great. He had discounted tickets for most of the places you can go, and had a lot of information about what to do in the city. He was only there for about six hours a day, so if you have questions later, it can be a little inconvenient, but you can always call.

Very clean place, including the bathrooms. Small but very organized. Good breakfast and the owner (Mike) is very friendly. Big beds (all of them with unique plugs!) and good air con. I strongly recommend this hostel if you have some days in Singapore to discover the places and do not want to spend so much with acommodation.

• 25th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay here for the money. I had a late check-in but Mike was helpful all the way! The hostel is nicely kept. Can't let the little flying insects in the bathroom bother you because this is humid Singapore. I've no complaints really. The people I met were nice and the hostel is easy to get to with the bus right outside to take you to the MRT station (which Mike also helps you with the elink card). I'd stay here again because it was comfortable. Free jam & bread that helps the budget!

Excellent hostel. I really couldn't have asked for a better place here in Singapore. As a solo traveller, you want a place where you feel comfortable meeting people and this was the ideal place. I met some great people who I explored the city with. The hostel was so clean and really great to have free breakfast all day! Thanks Mike for everything!

This hostel has everything you need. Mike, the owner, is very nice. There're instructions and some helpful information for traveling around. The hostel is a bit far but still can walk to China town.

• 27th May 2015
  • Thailand

Very nice hostel to stay in, facilities perfect, free and unlimited bread/tea/shower/etc 24/7. Beware, it's very small - only 3 bedrooms. If you like the setting of very small hostels to just easily talk to other guests - go here. It's quite far (1.5km) from the metro. But if you don't mind finding out busses to go anywhere (and they are perfect in Singapore if you plan well), then just go here.

Best hostel ive stayed at on my RWT. The owner, Mike, is an amazing guy. Common area is small, but possible to still hang around other backpackers. Wish I could have stayed longer.